Tell me something about this

I dont know nothing about this Basque country, tell me something, history or culture

Attached: Flag of the Basque Country.png (1200x672, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FK6Qcjwpyzs
youtube.com/watch?v=LRaeakNECr8
youtube.com/watch?v=HwIv_3GTYbo
youtube.com/watch?v=W-JGjdHU3E4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice people from the north of a shity country, also like terrorism and drink

Neolithic women that got raped by bronze age men who left so the women could teach their language to their rape babies.

>bronze age
>no bronze weapons
Ok

better feel it
youtube.com/watch?v=FK6Qcjwpyzs

this people look and feel like the average basque
youtube.com/watch?v=LRaeakNECr8

You can't say that it's not PC

if i would have to say some characteristic is that how colectivist they are how they help each other is like they are one big family

Fine, iron age then

>mfw basque mestizo
>mfw Basque grandparents were more likely terrorists on the lam

Im a natural born terrorist guys

Attached: sudurra.jpg (3568x2468, 2.51M)

PIE

Northafricans

They literally look identical to most people in Iberia.

Iberians literally look identical to most people in Europe.

Today the Basques are divided between France and Spain. The French Basque Country is included in a broader French region while in Spain there is a region called Basque Country (whose official flag you posted) and Navarre.

Basque is a language isolate. Dozens of theories have been proposed to explain it´s origins and relate it with other tonges (from Iberian to Japanese, but also Georgian or Ancient Aliens stuff) but with little success. The only confirmed related language is Aquitanian which is considered to be Proto-Basque.

Basques already inhabited both sides of the Pyrenees when the Romans first met them and they seem to have accepted Romanization without much trouble. But when the Empire´s might faded Basques reapear again in the sources.
They appear as warriors facing Goths and Franks with varying degrees of success and failure in the next centuries.

When the Arabs reach Northen Spain they found Basques there, as usual. Mulsim grip over the Ebro basin affects local Basques, while the "Atlantic" ones side with the newborn Christian states.

That dichotomy will lead to the birth of a kingdom in Pamplona, whose Basque name literally means "city".

It´s unclear when the Basques became Christianized, a first wave should have came during Roman Times but historians still discuss about when and how did Basques became Christians.

I may write something more later.

Attached: Basque_Country_-_Euler_diagram.png (767x532, 55K)

what do you think of catalonia

They are not indo-europeans, and are so probably the closest thing to what the native Neolithic Europeans would have been like.
They are also super into berets for some reason.

There's nothing notable about them. They're basically just people who've minded their own business for 20,000 years.

I don't really know about the situation in Catalonia, my last name and genetics is the only thing thats Basque about me 2bh, I picked up a book on Basque since my mom still knows and says some sayings but its really difficult to learn it when you don't have a fluent speaker to practice with

Theyre like the russians of Iberia

Basques are credited with the invention of Berets as we know them.

Lol what the fuck al I reading?

You remember Navarre from Europa Universalis IV? This is them in modern times.

Spain selected a Basque movie for the Oscars not so long ago.
>youtube.com/watch?v=HwIv_3GTYbo

And this year the new movie by the same creators has enjoyed certain success:
>youtube.com/watch?v=W-JGjdHU3E4