VEGAN GENERAL

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Feeding animals is massively inefficient
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/2015/02/where-do-you-get-your-b12/

Animals and Ethics - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH3ai

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient & intelligent as retards should have the same moral status

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman e.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque e.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think.

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Dominion (2018) Trailer -
youtu.be/LpDJlEQsDoA

Baby cow stolen from mother -
youtu.be/aaqR9V4XkXA

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production
beefmagazine.com/blog/4-facts-debunk-meat-horrible-article
grist.org/sustainable-farming/farmer-responds-to-the-new-york-times-re-sustainable-meat/
latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-ca-jc-nicolette-hahn-niman-20141123-story.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html?zx=1498e7fe8f24a535
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
youtu.be/Oe0LiseXWaQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw veganfags

daily reminder that real men protect animals

Mmmmmmm

>meatcucks think this is "normal"
Jesus

>implying its the meat that causes the heart disease and not the fact that the majority of people with shitty unhealthy fast food/high calorie diets fall into that category

>this damage control

Wow, meatcucks are so pathetic.

>not understanding that correlation =/= causation

how is that any less normal than planting thousands of the same crop together on a giant grid then harvesting them with a giant diesel combine. every vegan i meet is pale with sunken faces and has a general look of unhealthiness about them. they're also all leftists which is already a sign of mental illness.

these threads are just giant nets filled with bait.

sage

Correlation IS causation, retard.

why are all militant meatcucks incels?

pic related

nigger

is trenbolone vegan?

try again

>[imaginary Veeky Forums meetup]

>DYEL vs dat dere cell tech

>be me
>vegan
>want to move into new building
>see landlord
>"was this building using vegan cement or animal cement products?"
>they used animal products in cement
>not renting
>get in my car and drive away using fuel from decomposed bodies of animals that died a millennia ago

>confusing *is* with *can*

topkek

i fucking hate meattards tbqh

/thread

Yeah im sure the industry will hand pick the most snowflaky sources for these products rather than what they got going for decades by the millions already

looks like you soyboys bypassed my vegan filters.
I cant recall threads as cancerous as vegan threads on fit.

Also,
>(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)
>Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Is meatcuck not an Ad Hominem?
You malnourished brain-damaged soyboys are pathetic.

B-but!!!!
>muh ethics
>muh P1, P2
>muh environment

Seriously where did these retards come from? They're like fucking cockroaches.

do anyone have any good recipes for vegan food? With pictures and shit.

why are you triggered by altruism bro?

Meatcucks have shit humor.

I work in construction and, unless it's different in California, there's no Whole Foods equivalent for sheet rock.

Are vegans not allowed to use antibiotics?

How do I change the settings so that all threads containing the word "vegan" won't show up?

Considering going vegan. What do you guys do for a FAST, EASY breakfast?

Oats and soy milk.

I bet you both look like utter shit and are middle class if even that.

Lmao.

Oatmeal, vegan protein shake and some fruit or scrambled tofu.

>six to ten years longer
Quality vs quantity, famalam. I prefer a quality life full of nice delicious steaks.

Vegans can use antibiotics.

>relying on the correlation =/= causation argument
The true sign of when someone is actually been BTFO in an argument.

But you're literally murdering millions of bacteria

Veganism is being shilled so hard what the fuck. we've been eating meat for thousands of years in every part of the world. You don't have to eat meat every day, but you need meat to have a healthy diet. as long as you eat good quality meat and have a good diet overall you will be as healthy as possible.

>relying on confirmation bias
I almost feel bad for you

>doesn't know why correlation isn't causation

Correlation is necessary for causation, but it isn't sufficient. If you were even remotely qualified to have this discussion, you would know that.

that's because 99% of the population of the world are meat eaters and most vegans are jobless liberal neets who live off their parents

Do you guys have a good clow cooker recipe?

If you were remotely qualified to have this discussion, you would not have to resort to "Muh correlation =/= causation!!!!!"

I don't think anyone resonable seriously values non-sentient life. Vegans are often so because they have realized that when talking about ethics, animals share many of the most important traits that makes us put moral value in humans and therefore argue that since they have these traits they should have moral value to the degree they have them. But to even talk about and action being bad, it has to in some way affect the experience of something. Bacteria don't have any kind of sentience so they have no moral value, thus an action that affects bacteria can't be morally good/bad in itself.

Shilled by whom? broccoli industry? It doesn't matter for how long we have been eating meat, we don't have to today and that is what matters. You do not need meat to be healthy.

Bro are you serious? Eating more fruits, veggies and whole grains... its the death of humanity.

The answer is always eating more meat, even if we don't hunt it ourself and pretty much kill our body with it.

Lets see here. How, in simple terms, does atherosclerosis develop?

I'm an alt right vegan so we're not all leftists, blood and soil, look it up

>bypassed my vegan filters.
You mustn't have filtered it very hard since there is literally the word "vegan" in the title

>call vegans cultists
>proceed to sacrifice animals and consume their flesh

fucking meatcucks

meh, my normal weight stepdad died of a stroke at 55 and he was eating burgers all the time. Continue believing what you want, though.

>meatcucks are this retarded

>You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

I can refute your argument and still call you a meatcuck, meatcuck.

>vegan thinks a meat eater will look worse
>middle class
Kek what??

>he thinks plucking himself ten times a day because he has diabetes is "quality over quantity"
>he thinks dishing out ten thousand a year on statins is "quality over quantity"
>he thinks open heart surgery is "quality over quantity"
>he think being obese on a mobility scooter is "quality over quantity"
>he thinks erectile disfunction is "quality over quantity"

You lose quality and quantity retard. If you shell out enough money to the pharma overlords you get to live almost as long as we do. But we're still fucking 20 year olds at the age of 60 while you lardos will have to pay to get your dick wet and pay to get your dick up. keep eating that juicy meat. I enjoy watching you hambos struggle to breathe, struggle to walk, and spend your last fourty years in constant pain, humiliation, and depression- so you get an inkling of what you put animals through because "quality over quantity".

>Quality of life is defined by how much dead cow you stuff in your hole
Sounds sad, you need a hobby user

so based

kek

>living in third world paradise with lots of food
>more than 10 different types of beans
>a shitload of types of potatos
>yuca and sweet potatoes too
>quinoa, superfood
>many varieties of corn
>a shitload of types of rice
>flour if you have european tendencies to make your own pasta
>a lot of fruits and veggies ALL THE FUCKING YEAR

feels good to be peruvian

>living to 90 instead of 80
like I fucking give a shit I already wanna kill myself why the fuck would I want to live 10 years longer old and feeble

Listen, faggot: WE KNOW YOU ARE NOT VEGAN, YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER SHITTY TROLL WITH A BUNCH OF SHITTY LINKS YOU GOOGLED. In fact you're probably eating a bacon cheeseburger right now, or pizza, or something else with animal products in it. Furthermore you're probably a fatass DYEL who has NO LIFE and are shitposting on Veeky Forums because you literally have nothing better to do.

GO BACK TO AND STAY THERE. We don't need your bullshit around here, NOBODY BELIEVES YOU, and NOBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN BELIEVES THAT WE'RE NOT ALL OMNIVORES. So-called 'vegans' are mentally deranged (even more so that (You) are) and everybody knows it. So shitposting, you're wasting your time.

sauce. need to animu

>Meat consumption is ruining the environment
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production
>beefmagazine.com/blog/4-facts-debunk-meat-horrible-article
>grist.org/sustainable-farming/farmer-responds-to-the-new-york-times-re-sustainable-meat/
>latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-ca-jc-nicolette-hahn-niman-20141123-story.html

Get your propaganda out of my thread.

>Implying this thread wasn't already propaganda
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html?zx=1498e7fe8f24a535
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html

Why are both of my boards filled with veganism

>chaosandpain

fuck off, retard

>posts a blog
>loses are credibility
You're lucky you're anonymous, dipshit.

why are you fixated so much on meat you fucking imbecile

the posts are 95% meat related and 5% not food related for fuck sake, are you seriously this self sentered?

shrek'ked

why are you so triggered kosher boi

Kekerino

what the fuck is this brewers yeas thing and why is it so loaded with micronutrients and also tastes like cheese? seriously, it tastes like some kind of cheetos or something which surprised me but didnt go well with my oats

doesn't heat ruin its nutrients? I added after my oats had been cooked

t. non-vegan

youtu.be/Oe0LiseXWaQ

Vegans BTFO

Has anyone here tried Myprotein soy protein iso?

I had pea protein before and that taste gave me nightmares.

What's the best tasting soy protein? Chocolate?
It's 60% off for halloween, so I'm going to stock up..

Pretty sure /clit/ hates any soy based products because of estro.

I had hoped the vegan general would be free of that meme

pretty sure it's fortified, usually referred to as nutritional yeast. It's mostly protein and tastes aesthetic

>live 6 to 10 years longer
I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

Right on brother.

I'm half french half Peruvian, live in France but been to Peru a bunch of times.
I can't complain much about french food as we have a lot of tasty stuff but sometimes I wish I lived in Peru for the fruits and vegetables alone.

>tfw no mercado cerca mi casa para ir a comprar papás y tomarme un jugo fresquito.

Honestly thinking about maybe moving there with the girlfriend someday.

High-fiber breat with P&J, latte, hemp/pea protein shake. Often oatmeal as well. Or big smoothies on kale, ginger etc

im going pea protein or their vegan blend. taste like shit but hey just shug it

Is brewers yeast = nutritional yeast?

I have the former and it has a strong cheese flavour plus filled with protein, zinc, magnesium and all that

are you vegan speak?

No

any smoothie recipe where I can get most, if not all, required micronutrients?
Seems like a good way to start the day and drink throughout it without stressing with micros or if you're able to meal prep or eat at home

good idea

bumping for this

it's ok, but come with money. Do not try to live here with the peruvian minimal wage. An European minimal wage (1000 euros), it's a lot of money here to have an ok live (not rich not poor either). Even better if you come here with a job from outside, more pay, more benefits and whatever you need (healthcare, security) you can pay it with your income.

discord chat

discord.gg/Ycjccu

this

I also remember some user sharing a supplement free diet with no soy that hit all micros too so if any of you guys hit them and use cronometer I would be delighted to see what you ate for the day so I can have some ideas

I live in a place where I can't get those meme supplements that are superfoods basically or other less known stuff
only limited to the legumes, beans, grains, vegetables and fruits..

Kizumonogatari

That was in my old PC in my home, now I'm living abroad. I'll make another one but PROMISE to save it this time, ok?

the definition of vegan is to try to reduce harm to animals as much as is practical and reasonable. not living in a house because the cement isnt vegan is neither of these things. if meatcucks stop holocausting animals then all of these products would be produced without animal byproducts because it would no longer be cheaper for them.

What macros and dietary restrictions do you have?
(total kcal, total protons, allergies like nuts/soy/gluten etc)
tho

Using vegetable oils has lead to an obesity and cancer epidemic that has made animal byproduct use skyrocket

Also peta kills more animals then most butchers and do you honestly believe the vegans wouldn't just murder every chicken cow and pig from farms?

>Using vegetable oils has lead to an obesity and cancer epidemic that has made animal byproduct use skyrocket
CICO fag
>Also peta kills more animals then most butchers
What is context
>do you honestly believe the vegans wouldn't just murder every chicken cow and pig from farms?
What the fuck are you even talking about

peta is a massive organization, and kills animals that it tries to save and shelter. also you dont even have to support peta to support veganism so I don't see how that is relevant.

CICO is what imbeciles and shit food shills bring up. Animal fats are healthier and satiate better. Which will lead to less eating.

Peta genocides cats and dogs user. And if you think they'll just let fucking chickens, cows, sheep, and pigs roam free rather then killing them and throwing them into a furnace so no one and nothing can eat the meat then you're naive as fuck.