Got humiliated in BJJ class

>taking BJJ course in college
>sort of a light class, dont do a lot of rolling
>one day playing chess
for those of you who dont know what chess is, in bjj its like a game, you do one move, freeze, then you opponent does a move, and when you get in a submission, you have one move to defend yourself or else you lose
>playing this gay game with DYEL Asian
>in neutral position
>DYEL thinks of a genius move
>literally just runs to my side and puts his arms around my neck
>about to defend it
>all of a sudden teacher yelling "TAP TAP TAP HES TAPPING"
>wtf just happened
>DYEL gets off with grin on his face like he actually tapped me out
but wait thats not all
>after the match ends the teacher decides to fucking make an announcement about it
>"hey everybody, we just had our first tap today, user got tapped out"
"by who?"
>"DYEL did it, it was so crazy, I didnt think that could work but he set up this side choke, I've never seen anything like it but he wasn't gonna get out of that"
>everybody walking out after class
>he loudly says "hey dont be down, are you crying? its ok"
Seriously what the fuck did I do to deserve this? I wanna be calm about this and not let it hurt my ego, but It seems like he purposely tried to humiliate me and rub it in my face.
inb4 dear blog I have nowhere else to talk about this
What should I do? On one hand I want to be civil on the other hand I want to purposely verse that DYEL in a real match and put his ass to sleep.

Just shrug it off lol who cares if you lost in a fake fight?

Why waste your time learning kung fu. Want to get fit? Lift weights. Want self defence? Get a knife.

It's not about the fake fight. I wouldnt even care if he just made us stop because its a pussy class. But why rub it in my face and make a literal fucking announcement out of it?
I like jiu jitsu and did it before and it was really fun. I started again because I enjoy it. But not when I am getting "tapped out" in fake rolling sessions and having someone make an announcement out of it.

the fuck is BJJ
Blow Job Journey?

Stop being a faggot dwelling over a loss even if you know 100% you didn't lose. In sports it's what the ref says that matters at the end of the day so just focus on becoming better.

>>all of a sudden teacher yelling "TAP TAP TAP HES TAPPING"

"you're not going to let me work? what's wrong with you?"

Actually fight him on the mats bro. None of that gay shit

>knife

shiggy.gif

Who cares about the announcement if everybody knows your skills? Also an alpha thing to do is remain calm, you have nothing to prove

This. BJJ "chess" isn't indicative of how a real fight would go down.

NBD. Stomp him mercilessly next class.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for the unaware
You think I give a shit about being tapped. In my old gym I have been tapped out dozens of times. One tap isn't gonna destroy my ego.
What I am pissed about is how he decided to make a literal announcement out of it and follow up with "awww dude are dude are you crying? its ok"

it was just a stupid incident user...
also do you have tapping out rules? In my dojo if we can get you in a key lock, triangle,etc it's an immediate tap out. I hate that because I can often escape it. My opponent wins by default if I allow it to happen for more than a second/vice versa, because we do not want to injure ourselves- at least severely. When Sensei isn't looking we fuck around until somebody taps out for real... if not, we go by the rules.

Maybe you shouldn't have cried about it like a little bitch. Life isn't always fair. Get over it.

yep, since he is sooo sure of himself challenge him for a real fight, i mean match, i mean dance instead of the gayer version of whatever you both did

>for those you who dont know what chess is

What the fuck are you talking about, I do BJJ and have never heard of this "game" and it sounds impossibly stupid, seriously what shit hole do you train at?

Don't be a faggot and get him to tap out for real next time.

Well at the end of the class some guys came up to me and went "you'll get em next time bro!" and people were looking at me like I just lost a fight to a little girl.
I wasn't crying. I didn't even care that he made us stop at first. but his little announcement fucking pissed me off.
We have rules, which are when you get them in a submission you have 1 move to get out. But lets say his genius submission was so great, even Royce Gracie would have never escaped it. What the fuck was the point of the humiliation afterwards?
I have been nothing but nice to people there. Maybe because I am buff he thinks im so meathead and hates me.

its more embarrassing for a dyel when you learn the shit he learned in 5 years in just under 2. And then surpass him. This basically makes the dyel think he wasted his time working for soemthing he cant attain.

Like I said its a pussy class but I get to train for free.
In my old gym we just did real rolling and specific training. I only heard of this chess shit in this class and obviously I fucking hate it.

So what, you never won against any of those guys who looked at u like that? Because if you did they'd think the dyel is good, better than you who i better than them you get it? Just fucking stop caring about opinions you can easily prove wrong

>I wasn't crying. I didn't even care that he made us stop at first. but his little announcement fucking pissed me off.

So he won. You gave him victory.

your gym sounds comically bad, in that you should actually stay at this funny gym to tell us funny stories

Next class, make eye contact with the professor and suck your teeth at him. Never look at him again

I've only lost a match against the instructor and another purple belt in that class. Every other match I've had there with the students I dominated there, until that class where I got "tapped out" by a crazy never before seen choke that I couldn't possibly escape. But that wasn't enough, out of all the tap outs we have had in that class, that one was so extraordinary, it deserved a fucking announcement.
Yes the best thing to do is probably stay calm, but I'm sure you can see why I'm pissed, especially because I am being treated like shit when I did nothing wrong to anyone.

>We have rules, which are when you get them in a submission you have 1 move to get out. But lets say his genius submission was so great, even Royce Gracie would have never escaped it. What the fuck was the point of the humiliation afterwards?
Beating you. That's the point.

cool blog post

You should have made it clear right then and there that the instructor didn't let you make your defensive move and ended the fight himself.

If it bothers you so much then next time just force whoever it is tap out, and dont give anyone any time at all to set up their shit.

>What the fuck was the point of the humiliation afterwards
I don't know mate maybe you're taking it too personal? We're very brotherly in our dojo but we are very upfront about what we are doing right or wrong. You receive as many compliments but the negative comments aren't to humiliate you.. at least that's not how it feels like when my superiors do it. We get very cocky with each other but I've never felt humiliated or embarrassed? One of my good mates always make me tap out and he's very modest about it, Sensei sure makes remarks out of it but we're essentially all playing... I have great respect for the both of them so I don't think much of it. Even if it was someone I hate I don't think Sensei has any malicious intentions behind it.

Honestly, the instructor probably sees something in you. Pissing you off is a pretty decent way of getting you to put in 100%. Tough love, buddy

wtf never heard about that insta-tapout thing, lot of triangles just fail because dyels are trying it but they cannot close it

How did he beat me? He's a fucking instructor and I am a white belt. Why would he try to do this to me?
Do DYELS feel the need to belittle Veeky Forums guys so they can feel like their lives mean something?
There is no way anything like that would have worked in a real match. The thing with this stupid game is gotta stay frozen, which means that if they are neutral theres nothing stopping them from running up behind you and "tapping you out"
I didnt wanna look like I cared about the submission so I didnt say anything, and I really didnt give a shit. He could've stopped him and crowned him as a knight for all I care. But after the announcement and his behavior I was really fucking pissed.

So if you dominated everyone else then they all know you are good so nothing to worry about. Also the instructor wanted to rub it in your face because someone "finally got you" to show you are not as great as you "think" you are

As soon as you close, I meant. You don't try and kill your opponent and if you do we make sure nobody's watching until someone taps out genuinely.

Should've stood up for yourself before he had the chance to be cheeky about it.

Ask for an actual rematch fight, woop his ass and see if he dares spew out that line. Or just use it on him when his arm is broken. Conflict resolved, don't be a virgin, be a chad

So I deserve to receive humiliation because I am doing good in the class?
It's not the first time he has stopped a submission prematurely. He has done it several times before. That's mainly why I thought "whatever just how things are around here" until he took it even further.

Tapping is essential in bjj. Don't formalize it.
Your instructor is just a lil'bit too green to deal with those things, that's it. Your ego will get harsher and heavier blow than this if you keep training.
How many times a week you trainl?
Under 3 sessions a week, you won't go further than blue.

3 possible scenarios

1. Maybe he got narcssisitic personality disorder and he just wants to fuck with your head and will do those passive agressive things just to fuck with your mind. That would be worst case scenario. If that continues then know you are being waged psychological warfare against. Don't let it get to your mind and understand that its psycholgoical manipulaiton ment to weaken you psychologically.

2. It could also be that he misread the situation.

3. Could it be that that asian dude you went against maybe isn't that good and the coach wanted to give him a victory to up his confidence?

well then that's just common sense I guess, seeing literal tapping during training is rare

BJJ is all about breaking ego isn't it? He probably saw you had a bit of an ego problem and wanted to humiliate you till you got over it.

You're not gonna get far if you let shit like this get to you so badly. Instead go back to the instructor and ask him how you should defend against that move next time (even if it would never work irl, it just shows you're taking it as a learning experience instead of a personal slight.)

You keep saying it didn't matter, but it obviously fucking does matter to you. You believe you're better than dyel and your instructor probably sees this and wants you to get off your high horse and come back down to earth.

Meditate and learn my man.

I am training under 3 sessions and I really don't mind. I am just doing this to have fun.
I think its a combination of 1 and 3. Even if he did just mean to boost his confidence, he did it for the price of dignity.

Did i say you deserve it? I said why he probably did it. Maybe to encourage you to get even better, maybe to "show" how big muscles arent everything in a fight. Honestly you should just stop caring about it, your insecurity is showing

>seeing literal tapping during training is rare
not when Sensei isn't looking :^) no ragrets

hey faggot, I run a university judo and bjj club, the classes are for introductions to the martial arts, and its a fucking college course why on earth would you expect le epic fight club. Seek work outside of a class function, like an actual gym, or a competitive club you fucking mongoloid.

Also, you asshole, you're a new student be fucking respectful. Like you're going to put someone to sleep where anyone with more than half a semester would break your fucking baby arms. You need to remove your ego from martial arts, there is always someone bigger and better than you and idk if your class is a strict bjj thing, but in Judo, respect and humility are the most important things to bring to class.

You're probably fat too.

You are a fag for taking a BJJ class in the first place. If you had a brain in high school you could've done the pinnacle of grappling sports . wrestling, but now it's too late. Take judo instead and learn a real man's sport where you can learn to actually defend yourself properly. Also BJJ gyms are filled to the brim with douche bags and insecure virgins. Go to any judo place and you'll be suprised at the amount of guys who aren't total shitbags.

Let me tell you, if I ever get in an actual submission I ALWAYS tap. I am not the type of guy to try bicep curl an armbar.
And like I said, I really dont care about the actual match. Even if I had absolutely no way of defending that choke, what is the point of making a scene out of it? To somehow cure my ego problem? I have never had an ego problem before, but to be honest with you, this incident gave me one.

That one kid: BJJ edition
>that one kid that asks you how much you weigh before rolling
>that one kid that discloses every injury or illness before rolling
>that one kid that asks how long you've been training for
>that one kid that fake taps in tournaments and the refs give him the benefit of the doubt and let the match continue

I have wrestled in high school for my senior year. Did I say I expect an epic match full of blood and gore? No. I expect not to be humiliated. Or is that too much to ask? Is my need for dignity somehow egoistical?

desu you should drop out of that McDojo. Not rolling, playing stupid games that aren't even close to resembling real fights, and having an immature little cunt of a teacher are very sore signs that the place is shit.

Find a better place where the focus is on learning in actual fights, aka rolling, and where the teacher is focused on actually teaching, rather than having the place as an outlet for his narcicisstic tendencies.

>>that one kid that discloses every injury or illness before rolling
well, if we do have injuries we usually tell each other so we don't make it worse? or do you mean obnoxiously opening their tragic back story?

Put him in a heel hook and ruin his leg forever.
>nothing personel, kid

>ask the constructor to spar
>beat the shit out of him
>"awww don't cry, it's not big deal"
>continue to punch his face in with the cover of you thinking you were just sparring
I'm not familiar with BJJ, but if you could work this in somehow, i would like you to do this.

there are no strikes in BJJ, but it's nice of you to try to help

>you're probably fat too
great assumption as well, faggot. Maybe you should read the whole story before making these assumptions.
I can't beat the instructor. He is legitimately a really good grappler and I have always acted with respect towards him.

Maybe stop doing the cuck grappling sport where people scoot on their ass and welcome men between their legs. Upgrade your life, you stinking beta.

Here's some advice you giant faggot. If someone gets you that close to a sub, after a certain level of competition, that means they have the sub. Don't be so fucking "aw man he didn't hab it!!!" You didn't get humiliated you autistic retard, I've been grappling for years, losing is part of the process you ass.

You are too young to get it, and saddly will become a fat gymbro. Wrestling an Judo are godly, but you can't train them correctly once you're out of school/uni/grad. Because of the toll on your body.
Judo is a lil'bit less harsh, but it hard to find a competitive judoka over 35 that are not pros.... They have way too many injuries to train other than fun. Bjj is the one you can do all your life long because your body can actually cope with it.

Sounds lik you've always had one, this incident just actualized it to a point where you became aware of it

I read the thread, I didn't see a picture of your chiseled body, ready to put people to sleep you giga-cuck.

Stay home when injured retard

Alright fuckhead.
Let's say despite being a total beginner he is an elite fighter, such as yourself. His sub, although never before seen, is revolutionary and I would have never been able to escape it if my life depended on it.
What the FUCK was the point of making a fucking scene? Do you realize that I dont give a shit about the "tap"? I can be tapped by the weakest guy in there for all I care. I don't give a shit. But I don't expect to be made some kind of an example and humiliated.

>pic related

Every man has an ego, and if you pretend you don't you are lying.
A little tap would not hurt any confident man's ego, but being humiliated like that would. I wonder how you would feel if you were in my place and I just told you "lol bro put down the ego its all good hey everybody user just got tapped out"
I dont see how my body is somehow relevant here, but have this, its a couple months old but all I have on my computer.

So start the conversation out differently. Try this instead.
>I lost and was then lightly teased. I'm terribly insecure and also shredded. What should I do?

everyone has an ego, only retards pretend they don't.

the difference is adults learn how to control theirs and not let it influence their decisions.

>runs a bjj club
>is a complete and utter nigger

what a shocker.

I wanted to call you fag, but since I do judo and wreslting once a week and bjj 3 times a week, I decided that it would be disrespectful toward a fellow wreslter.
>oh shit we're on Veeky Forums
You're actually gay and you'd ask me to oil check you for longer than 5 seconds it we were on a mat.
Take it easy son.

>>slightly teased
>made an announcement in front of the whole class
I seriously fucking hate people like you. Anything that happens where people are disrespected you just come back with the "lol bro just chill its all good bro WOAH WOAH whats going on there??? do you have.... an ego?????? wtf man put down your ego, don't hurt yourself"

Put him in your guard next time bro. Ultimate cuck-tier grappling.

Dude let's go. Aside from recreational dude-fucking--but it's ok, you also taint the patrician arts, what other e-stats do you claim?

As a coach, understand that he may have felt that the other guy needed a pick me up, or (more realistically) that you needed a put down for your mouth acting like a giant dickmagnet. Do you think he could possibly (somehow) maybe be trying to motivate you or the class? Look this small guy tapped someone larger than him!?!?!? Bjj is great! Also, you're a faggot.

Seriously what is your problem? You are making so many assumptions, and they are all wrong.
1, he wasn't that much smaller than me. He was DYEL, but he probably weighed around the same weight as me.
2, do you think I act like some douchebag meathead in that class? I have never argued or acted mean against anyone, I have mostly kept to myself every day class session.
Yes, lets motivate the class by humiliating the quiet guy. I imagine you are a great coach. Maybe you can find the quiet student in your class, take him down and start spanking his ass in front of everyone. I bet they'll love it.

This. Call the teacher on not allowing you to even attempt a counter. And if you ever get to spar try to go against that kid again. That shit wouldn't work in a real match, so prove you're better in practice, even if he has a good move up his sleeve in theory.

Nah man, you clearly do have an ego problem, and it's only going to get worse for you if you can't get over/past it.

Embody the attitude of an eager student. If you make a mistake or you lose then simply accept it and move the fuck on. If the instructor posts your loss on facebook and people ask you about it then tell them what happened, what you did and how you lost (why what you did got you into that situation).

Learn man, stop this bullshit "I am above being ridiculed!" attitude. Otherwise you're going to go fucking nowhere in BJJ. Especially once you get to blue belt and all the higher ups are basically using you for target practice for 2 or so years.

You cannot progress in BJJ and have an ego to go with it. Your pride won't allow it, so you're either gonna have to swallow that pride or you're going to have to quit.

Partly this. Not only is it a fake fight, it's a fake rendition of a fake fight. You could even call MMA a simulated fight (I'd disagree, but people think any altercation that isn't a hot war is fake), so it's a fake fight (chess) of a fake fight (BJJ) of a fake fight (MMA). The bottom line is that the best course of action is to shake it off.

Chess sounds like a good way of thinking about BJJ, but has very little to do with the actual execution. For instance, there's a lot of attacks that work because you're moving right as the person on bottom is moving. There's a cross collar choke that you can hit if you step up from mount as your opponent gets to their side. There's plenty of defense that we'll tech in kids' classes about not accepting a move. You have the choice to not accept a sweep by getting up quickly or rolling from one side to the other to deceive an opponent. Finally, a lot of what makes a move viable is the ability to use it against a resisting opponent. I don't think you can get an effective DLR guard going one move at a time. There's so much grip fighting that you have to be conscious of that you'd be arguing about what constitutes a "move."

Consider switching gyms, but it sounds like a mountain made out of a molehill. If they ever bring it up again, ask "what the fuck are you doing?" in retaliation. Repeat yourself if they ask for an explanation. Say "shut up" if they push further.

>what other e-stats do you claim?
I'm also a dim mak, tae-kwon do and goju ryu black belt as well as a master of sport in sambo and Krav-maga level II instructor and kappap level I.
I bench 2 plate dl 4 ohp 1 and squat 3.
Wow I'm good at it, isn't it?
Actually you just have to be single with no more than 1 kid and not liking to go out later than 1 a.m.
Mon judo+bjj, Wen bjj drill+ roll, Frid Wreslting, Sat bjj open mat; Sun bjj 100%roll Every other week.
Bring kids with you to open mat on Sat No Fri wrestling and sun rolling when kids there.

>You are a fag
>Talking about how it's too late after high school

You're delusional and you will never find a way out.

You got shit tested by both the dyel, and the coach. And you failed miserably in both. You didn't pipe up when you should have and then acted like a bitch when he jibed at you. Gg social retard.

just keep coming to class, learn the shit, and then show everyone how much you've improved.
people's perceptions are not permanent. any disrespect they might have towards you will instantly vanish once they see you rip someone a new one. just treat this period as God's test of your patience.

I think what you should take away from this is that the whole class was surprised that one fully grown man was able to take down another fully grown man, if he was anywhere near you then there'd be no surprise in it, it should be something normal.
But the whole class being surprised and the instructor making a deal of it shows how little they think of the other guy

Also nice blog faggot

and after you do become the best in the class loudly ask the dyel why he hasn't improved at all
also this

I've coached literally hundreds of young men to become good grapplers, and I can see you behind that screen. Unless your online persona is 200% different than how you act in real life, you're exactly the person who I am lightly teasing on the internet. Get over this incident, and more importantly yourself.

I am eager to learn you fucking faggot.
I don't have an ego problem, if someone taps me out, I tap. If not wanting to be ridiculed is having an ego problem then yes I have an ego problem and need to see a therapist about it.
Also if this is such common behavior for you as a coach, why don't you or him do it to EVERY student that ever gets submitted? Why pick on the one guy just because? Again i am not pissed about the submission, maybe his stopage was totally called for, i really dont care, he has done it before many times. But idk what world you live where the type of behavior of humiliating someone and rubbing it in their face is normal behavior by a coach.

>still thinking 1/2/3/4 is impressive

>Unless your online persona is 200% different than how you act in real life
Do you act the same way IRL as you act on Veeky Forums? Seriously you have your head up your own as so far. You don't think a coach could possibly do this to me to be a dick?
I will say lots of BJJ guys has suppressed egos, from years of this "bro put down the ego" bullshit they have resorted to passive aggressive attacks such as the one I experiences.

What's your lineage, bro? You need a bowl of acai and some fresh havaianas.

I can guarantee you no one cares about you as much as you care about self. That coach doesn't think about you outside that class, and you're thinking with way too much self importance to think anyone would go out of their way to pick on you. Get over it.

he could of killed you bro if he wanted to
you basically belong to him now and you are his bitch

>anyone would go out of their way to pick on you
so making an announcement is not going out of anyone's way? Do you casually make announcement about your students tapping out? Then you later think nothing of it and if they say anything just say "put down your ego bro"

It was a joke, I don't lift anymore, it is fucking boring, I'd rather do yoga home than lift.
The only way you'll squat a plate after gf or kids is getting out of bed lifting your pouch boy, mark my words... keep your virginity if you don't want to belong to fph threads.

Memes aside, the e-instructor is right. OP you are blowing this way out of proportion. BJJ class is a way more noob friendly environment compared to a highschool wrestling room. He was likely just trying to encourage everyone or was being overly cautious.

I wouldn't say the teacher was in the wrong for talking out loud about it. It was clearly much more about commending the other kid for a good theoretical move. I think the one asking if you were crying (unclear as to who asked) was a dick move though.

I think you mean a bomb

>can't spell kapap
Fellow KM fag here
Tell me something to validate your claims, common beginners mistakes or something

Society needs plebs. It's ok man.

I am sure the noob felt like he is the king of the world for having a scene made about his submission, but how do you justify being noob friendly with being a dick to me? It's not like I am extremely skilled either. I wrestled in high school and before that did some BJJ in a regular gym. What is the point of being friendly to noobs if you are gonna be a dickhead to others?
In wrestling and my old gym this type of thing was unheard of.
I know there are self proclaimed world champion coaches in this thread who think this type of behavior is normal, but I've never seen anything like it.

Ugh I didn't want to post in this thread the faggotry here is reaching levels that shouldn't be allowed, but I don't to see OP and others getting fooled by some losers. Mate being salty over this thing and letting it grow in the back of your mind just makes you weaker. Saying you got "humiliated" already speaks volumes about you OP, try to learn from this experience and you might be able to reach realization. Just shrug it off, no matter how you perceive/act about this it won't change what happened. Stop getting all worked up in your head like 90% of posters here trying to make you, imagining scenarios/theorycrafting on how to get back on him "to make it even" or even actually taking action, doing these things are only making the feeling you have about "loss"/social ridicule situation worse. This is a weak mindset, it is and will possibly a problem, you are basically letting people dictate what your next action may be. Don't fool yourself by think is isn't true, this can happen in very subtle ways.

>ridiculed
He wanted to praise dyel for a good move. Yeah you got tapped you fucking moron, but maybe if you asked how to defend against that move instead of sulking like a little girl, then you wouldn't be so fucking humiliated.

God damn you're a sensitive prick. Why not join ballet? Or even traditional tea ceremonies instead? At least then you won't be embarrassed when the instructor praises someone else for their work.