Be honest, no need to lie on the internet

Be honest, no need to lie on the internet.

How many chin ups can you do?
Do you do weighted chin ups? If so why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

50pullups
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My chin-up record is 12. Feels good man.

i attach a 45lb plate to my waist with a belt and can do 5 overhand pullups. i do three sets of those and then take the weight off and just let it rip. but i'm usually pretty tired so i only did 10 unweighted pullups last time after the weighted ones.

I aim for 50 chins in 4 sets. Should do weighted but dont

Haven't tested how many chin-ups in a row while fresh, so idk. I'd assume at least 10 and at most 16
Yeah, up to +12.5 for 3x6.

20, but this is over 4 years of training and I'm a skellyboi

I can do sets of 12 and I'm 6'2" and 220lbs so a bit fat. At what point should I add in weighted ones? Been thinking about it lately because I've stalled on the amount I can do.

if i can only do 20 pullups after 4 years of training i will stop training. my record was 26 in highschool when i did cross country running lol i would just do 50 pullups total a day and got to 26 in like 3 months. then i stopped working out and got dyel

i usually do 10 as warmup set and then do 3x3 with weights, currently +27,5kg
1rm is 35kg
also im skeletor king

>4
>No
>Can't do enough reps bw yet to warrant adding weight

3x5 but I'm 6' 195 and just started last month

3x7 with 5kg added

>10
>5kg

when you get to 5 clean reps, you can try adding 2kg, if its alright , add another 2kg next time, and so on

I do 15x5 pullups one day and 15x5 chinups the other.

Can do about 20 pullups and 25 chinupns in a row.

Mind you I'm a spooky spooky skelington that used to row competitively

3x6 bodyweight

girl lifting ~4 months

also, are pull ups useful at all? is there a reason to do both?

my record is 16

i'm 6'3 and ex fattie so i never trained them out of shame

I was around 6 then I used the charts at 50pullups .com and im at 16 now. All wide hand placement too

My all time record is 23 but that's with a tad bit of swing

Never tried maxing out without weight but I think I could probably do 15-20. For weighted I do 3x5 and got to 70lbs today.
5'9 175lbs

8 with perfect form (full extention, clavicle above bar, pause for 1 sec at the top, slow descent)

No idea what my max number of bw chinups is.
I maxed out recently at 3 reps with 90lbs tied to me.

Chin ups? I don't know.

I do weighted wide grip pullups 3x8. I am 187lbs and I attach a 45lbs plate.

None cos I'm a hambeast but I can do 6 reps of close grip lat pulldowns with 120kg.

3x15 with 35lbs
150lbs atm

Not sure what my max is but I do 3x5 with two 45s. 5'10 200lbs

Haven't tried weighted yet

Next gym sesh I'll be at 40lbs weighted 5x5 neutral grip. I weigh about 180lbs. Weighted dips and pullups are the GOAT of upper body exercises.

... 5

Most I've done is 18 (bodyweight 160). +80 set of 2, +60 set of 5, +45 set of 8. I only do chins once a week right now because I'm focusing on my other lifts.

Is chin ups really that hard? You guys made me feel better about being able to do only 3x5, and I'm skelly as fuck. Started lifting just three weeks ago.

15-20 with 20kg weights. Been trying for proper one armers but they are fucking hard

3x10 or so. I’m too weak at 190 to do weighted.

my chin pb is 4 reps with +90lbs

bw 198

Just did 6x5-6 today with 60 pounds, been working at it for a while.
Always get good looks whenever I do them. Wide, parallel, chin, then repeat for a total of six sets.

I need to up my grip strength though, I feel like it's making me not get the most out of them.

I've always found them easy. Can do about 30, unweighted and I weigh about 85kgs

I can do 8 in a row.

maybe 1

>if so why not
>if so
>why not
REEEEEEEEEE

if so why not?

This thread is embarrassing. I can do 25 at 185lbs, chin above the bar and arms locked down at the bottom

i did 14 and the marines gave me a shirt for it
i can do 8 with 50 lbs added

If so why REEEEEE?

Do you have to fully drop (straigtened arm) for them to count?

I can do 12 with a 80% dorp

6'3
240lbs

16 dead hang chin ups. Have done a 110 weighted chin up at a bodyweight of 180 as well.
>Tfw still a 5'9 manlet

2, sometimes 3.

Max 3 reps +120lbs

Bw 150

6'5
275lbs

My all time record was 31. I got those from doing weighted chin ups. Nothing builds them more than doing weighted. Now I don't ever do them but I could probably bang out 20 if I put my all into it.

2 with 90lbs added

15 in one set

these were done a while ago, and i haven't tried to max out on weight or reps in a long time

i weigh 205lbs

5'7" 140lbs

12 pullups with a 55lb weight vest.
Roughly the same amount of chin ups.

25 max rep chinups
120lb added weight 1RM.
pretty decent i think

Probably about 15

Back like a year ago, I was able to do 20 bw pullups at 220 pounds which is my PR. Never saw how many bw chin ups I could do but would have to guess a few more than pull ups right? that was almost a year though and I'm up to about 229 now. Been doing weighted ever since. Gotten +75pounds five times. I got +90 but that was after doing my normal so I was already tired and only got 1. Just did it to prove I could.

None, i'm still in the process of recovering from obesity, 6'0 220 pounds.

6 ft ~22% bf here, I can barely do two chin ups. I’m not weak by any means (225lb 5x5 bench, 145 5x5 ohp), but I just can’t do chin ups. How can I get better? Srs

Not entirely sure; usually I just have set reps and rest and don't go to failure

~190lbs
20x9

and +55lbs 3x8

5'11 175lbs
Can do 0 chinups
SS claimed another victim

l-latlet here
I o-once got 5

>I got those from doing weighted chin ups. Nothing builds them more than doing weighted.

uh huh...

>I used to be Veeky Forums but now am not, and you should be ashamed for not being as fit as I USED to be let
T.fag

Not sure how many overhand pull ups I can do, but I do 5x5 with a 25lb dumbbell between my feet. My gym doesn't have a belt for attaching weight, so I suppose I'll end up having to buy one when the weight gets too heavy

I can do 10. On a good day, 3x10.

I do weighted chins right now with 27.5 lbs, 3x5.

thumbs facing me probably like 30
>tfw was doing pullups
>hears some cunt say he can do that because hes short
>finish my set turn around and i was taller than both of the gymcells

kek one of them always stinky eyes me and the other one mires

Not sure how many chin ups i can do, never went past 10
Last time i did 8 reps with 16kgs attached and 5 reps with 1pl8
I'm 170cm and 63kgs. A few months ago i could barely do 3-4 chin ups

only 7

>if you skip the hardest part of the lift, does it count?
Full extension or it doesn't count. Do you even ROM?

24 at like 210bw

Making back stronger? Duh.

im bloatmaxxing to get women, not just move heavy shit

>lol

>and I'm skelly as fuck
that makes it easier you dumb fuck

5'8 77kg most ive done is 30kg x3

20 chinups, 13 pullups. 80kg @ 6ft0, I don't add weight because it's an inside chin up bar on a weak door frame. In the process of welding an outdoor bar setup together

>does chin-ups
Kek doesn't know that pull-ups are superior

I'm about 40 lbs overweight and I can only manage 3-5 reps of 3 quarter ROM pull-ups, for some reason I just can't do deadhang at all.

...yet

think ive done 15 proper ones in a set
heaviest i did was 4*+40kg at 83kg bodyweight

Set 1: 20 reps body weight
Set 2: 17 reps
Set 3: 12 reps
Set 4: 8 reps

Haven't tried to see my max. I'm currently doing 8-10 with 10kg

10 chinups with a dead hang. No weighted pullups because I prefer to use the lat pulldown machine for more control.

Yesterday I did 15 without weights.
Do pullups every workout.
week 1: 8x3 (heavy)
week 2: 8x6
week 3: 50-60 weightless pullups
Never go till failure on pullups unless its your last set for the day. Always leave 2 pullups in the tank

I do 3 sets of 5, with 40 kgs on a belt.

But I'm starting pulldowns instead for a few weeks to try and rest and break through this plateau.

can do 24 ring pull ups (start with pronated hands and then twisting them to a neutral grip at the top)
3x8 with +19kg

scared of doing chinups (hands facing you) cause of the risk of getting a bicep tear
am i just retarded or is there a kinda high risk?

I can do about 35 chinups and 25 pull ups. I uaed to 15 in a row everyday i woke up for HS and before i went to bed. Now my back, traps, and arms are sexy but my abs and pecs are pathetic in comparison

about 10, 12-13 on a good day

>Do you do weighted chin ups? If so why not?
no, because i go to a shitty gym and they don't have the proper equipment and I don't feel like holding a dumbbell with my feet.

how do you guys add weight
do i need to buy something for this?

you'll never tear your bicep unless you're using stupid weights that you could never realistically lift, or you're on sterons

on the first set i can easily do 15 to 18, weighted i do with 5 with 15kg

>about 10
per set that is. never tried more than 5 sets, because there's no point

hit 16 yesterday. still at 15 pull ups though.

11 is my new max, but I'm starting to not have much trouble doing a few sets of 8.

6'3 210 fatty

maybe 10 max, but currently I'm a lazy fuck so I may do 5 or 6

I can only do assisted chinups.

You can get a belt to hang weight from. I just put some weights in a back pack.

I can do 3x8, damn my giant cycling legs.

i do both
chins are better for biceps