JESUS CHRIST IT'S FUCKING COLD AND IT'S ONLY GONNA GET COLDER AND I CAN'T RUN IN THIS SHIT

JESUS CHRIST IT'S FUCKING COLD AND IT'S ONLY GONNA GET COLDER AND I CAN'T RUN IN THIS SHIT

Good. Do it anyway.

Boxing is great cardio and jump rope.

>breathe

The cold raises your test just do it you pussy

It actually decreases test and increases cortisol, as well as chronically elevating noradrenaline, like all "RAWR NO PAIN NO GAIN" exercise methologies so popular in the US. I guess it's the Satanist/Protestant philosophy of "suffering is good because God doesn't love you" that became mainstream after 9/11.

Being cold increases your metabolism.

Only acutely, not chronically. Which is also why you get sleepy before freezing to death. And why every living thing is instinctually seeking warmth.

Quit being a pussy and just go for your run.

at least you can run further in the cold. in the heat you run untill you get hot instead of until your lungs give out.

Wow you pussy, a little chilly and you shit your pants. Sad!

I love running in 100 degree weather though. The old burns my lungs and makes my nips hard

>What are treadmills

>torture devices

>that help conditioning and make cardio possible indoors

OP continues to suck dicks on daily basis

>100 degree weather

Literally thought for a second "there is no temperature as 100°C outside"

Why do people use fucking stupid Fahrenheit?

Just go out and run.
NO EXCUSES.

>Satanist/Protestant
Try harder, papist

Nigga pls. Last winter I used to go on night time bike rides in a tshirt because the exercise would heat me up after a couple of minutes. Going down hills was like riding into a blizzard, but if you embrace the intense feelings it becomes fun to endure it.

then start running faster and maybe you wont get so cold you slow bitch

I'm more worried about ice, could hardly run last winter because of that.

jewish

My body's reaction to cold is yawning profusely. Anyone else experience this? It always happens when I'm cold, I just yawn like hell.

i forgot which temperature does what. Does cold delay the time it takes to get to muscular fatigue or does hot temperature delay it?

its probably because you aren't breathing normally which changes blood acidity, causing you to yawn in order to maintain homeostasis.

Fuck treadmills, seriously.

I LIVE IN FUCKING ICELAND AND STILL GO OUT RUNNING IN THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER, AFTERWARDS I TAKE A COLD SHOWER. STOP COMPLAINING OR DESCEND.

Ok? Go to a gym.
/thread

I know how you feel user, just hit 0 degrees today. Just start running with something covering your mouth, it makes it much more bearable

fag detectors

This post got out of hand real quick

what is pneumonia?

How do I get it to hurt less when I breathe through my nose?

Breathe through your mouth.

>Tfw recently moved to Phoenix
God I wish

>became mainstream after 9/11
holy SHIT pick up a fucking history book you brainless retard

I thought people are supposed to breathe in their nose and out their mouth when the run.

>"suffering is good because God doesn't love you" that became mainstream after 9/11.
Yuropoor education, everyone

Breathe however you want: nose, mouth, both, it literally doesn't matter.

>implying that's not a fellow ameritard

Do you not have cold running gear? Fleece-lined compression tights are GOAT

Cold weather knocks about 30 seconds per mile off my times. As long as the roads and trails aren't snow covered, it's a blessing.

>cold running

finally I don't over heat

>Just went for my first winter night run
>Watching your breath billowing out like a steam engine under your head torch light

Holy shit user if you're getting cold just run faster or wear a jacket

>Actually prefer running when its colder
I feel like i get better performance.

I have the same problem. I'm running shirtless till it gets down to at least the 50's anyway.

Ugh, anything that is not atleast 95% cotton is degeneration.

im sorry i don't live in some backwards ass shithole that uses metric

Boring. Being outside in the rain and cold is better. Especially if it's muddy.

>tfw the main motivation for running as childish as it sounds is the assassins creed game
>if that pasta eating italian can sprint all over Rome I can too

man up pussy

Doing parkour too?

hard to do when you live where 90 of buildings are commieblocks
though I do climbing and shit

>90%
fuck me

Thoughts on Asics GT 2000 5? Bought them today on a whim after I've seen them on sale in a store. They feel really really comfy, but haven't had a chance to try them yet - planning to tomorrow.

Also bought running gloves today, and thermal shirt. It's getting fucking cold!

Not important. What's important is to breathe in the rhythm of your foot hitting the ground.

Something pussies get if they aren't exercising hard enough to warm themselves up.

major problem here
I've been getting serious shin pains everytime I start running, I can do 2-3 runs and then I cant do it and wait 2 weeks until I can handle the pain again. And I fucking hate it

Is something wrong with me or am I doing running wrong

Not sure about exact model but I find asics to be best running shoes ever.
However they make shoes accordingto feet arch (over/underpronator or neutral) so make sure you get right ones that specifically match your feet

Check your form.

what is a base layer
what are warm clothes
???

Don't slam your feet, land on the ball of your foot and let it roll to the tip before you lift off again.

Daily reminder to protect your dick.

It's not fun when it freezes.

I did a long run last year, was about 2 hours in 40f and my dick froze cause I was in shorts and no underwear (only the liner). Had some really bad pains until I got warm

No, who told you that? A forefoot strike is objectively better.

ball of your foot =/= heel

Oh, what the fuck? Why is this called ball of your foot? Your heel is actually a ball.

This does not look like a ball

Stop being a pussy and put on some layers, OP.

Only if you are a sprinter. If you run forefoot most of the time, your risk for achille's tendonitis skyrockets.

Hey Heel-striker,

My name is Perfect Form, and I hate you. You are nothing but a flatfooted, low cadence no-lifes who spends every second of his day heelstriking. You are everything bad in the running. Honestly, have any of you ever done a midfoot strike? I mean, I guess it’s fun having shin splits because of your own bad form, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than telling people to lower their cadence on facebook.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was regularly run 100 miles a week and have a perfect cadence. What distance do you run other than 5k? I also have a perfect midfoot strike and a perfect running shoe (I just qualified in Boston in them; Shit was SO cash). You are a dumb heel striker who should just get bad knees. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me and my perfect form.

you mean its gonna get better? theres literally nothing better than a 10km run in ~-8 celsius

>I feel like i get better performance.

Of course you do. Your body is able to cool off easier. However, you cannot control the weather. You have to be faster than your competition in the hot and cold.

Pretty sure that's Altair. He wasn't Italian.

what kind of faggot /threads their own post ffs

Prowerl and bycicle

Just get some snowshoes.

>i run
stay smol

Meh kind of true, but more like “suffering means I’m working harder than you”, it’s just an ego trap.

>inb4 muh knee pain

wrap up warm user. Once you get going it's all good.

I KNOW BRO East eu here, it's so fucking cold, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, you'll get used to it after a few minutes of running, fuck it's so cold, cold showers help fuck fuck fuck holy shit fuck why god what the fuck.

i dont see the point in running or even any exercise if i am ugly. if i got Veeky Forums it wouldnt matter because i dont have an attractive face

Literally the worst. Thirty minutes of searing pain where you can't even use your hands to warm it up.
Late fall is so much better that winter because you can survive without wind pants.

then feel free to fuck right off to Veeky Forums with the other people who aren't gonna make it.

im not ready to give up just yet user. i want to become zyzz brah i just need to watch one more motivational video to get fawkin pumped brah im zyzz brah im zyzz brah

Not sure how I feel about morning runs - I just did one, and it felt harder than the usual late afternoon run that I'm used to. On the other hand, I was wearing new shoes and put on way too much clothes. But still I feel like even without these conditions, I felt different, less motivated, having less piece of mind, finding it harder to kill the voice inside of me who's always telling me to stop and have a rest (which I almost never listen to).

I feel the same, running late afternoon when it's dark, 2-3 hours after a big meal i can 10k+ with some sprints mixed in, in the morning i struggle with an easy 5k, everything is stiff, no coordination between my legs, arms and my breathing etc..

>live in sweden
>neighbour guy is age 60ish and runs 70 minute to job and 70 min back wearing sweater and sweatpants in -20C outside
>he does this shit every day, energic as fuck at age 60s

Minimal shoes or regular running shoes?

Where on your shins it hurts matters a lot so google that shit for how to fix it

Depends. Are you new to running? Then hell no for minimalist. If you got some distance for your long run (6 miles minimum) then minimalist can give your calves a workout and help you fix your form. Running mostly in minimal, doing your speedwork or long runs in them? Hell no, enjoy your injuries. Stick with them for your shorter runs. Minimalist take awhile to get used to. Do it slow.

Iceland isnt that cold m8
A bigger issue is the constant wind, icy roads and hilly terrain

I was thinking more about whether it's actually worth transitioning to in the first place. I already know not to heelstrike.

MA MAN