youtube.com/watch?v=R9235-tIBkA
youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yikes

using hook grip makes my form go shit what do

Not clickin that shit nigga

I tried straps and it's pretty nice.

rofl

I can never watch snap city webms, I think anyone retarded enough to disproportionately load themselves by using mixed grip over long periods of time knowing the risks is kind of asking for an injury.

oh shit nigger, that looks like a poop getting sucked back in the hole

Imagine his biceps whistling as they go up his arm

>causes muscle imbalance
>shoulder discomfort
>can indirectly cause bicep tears
Mixed grip is retarded

you need to push your chest upwards when hook gripping. Imagine that your arms have been replaced with chains

does switching between left and right mixed grip every workout session help prevent this? And maxing with strapped hook grip maybe? Or should mixed be completely avoided?

Dickhead judge making him hold it extra long at the top as well, poor lad.

no matter how much i deadlift, my grip goes to shit after 2 plate. i can deadlift well over 3 plated using mixed grip... what can i do? i've been trying to switch to only hook grip for the longest

straps

Do you reccomend using straps if I my grip can handle the weight?

GUYS WHAT THE FUCK
I NEVER USED THE MIXED GRIP UNTIL THIS WEEK BECAUSE I ENJOYED HARDMODE AND NOW I WON'T SLEEP TONIGHT
Did I dodge a bullet?
Jesus

i'd rather improve my grip. any tips? it doesn't seem like deadlifting alone helps

I know lots of people suggest farmer carries, but I have never actually seen a rig for that shit, and walking around with heavy dumbells doesn't seem practical.
If you run a split where you have a pull day (specifically biceps), you can maybe throw in some pull-up negatives while holding the bar more on your fingers than your palm.
Or just forearm curls.
Or quit

my forearms are pretty pathetic. ill try just hanging on a pull up bar or something. thanks

bent arm

>not so subtle shill for loser youtube sandnigger

Triggered lefty detected.

grip the bar with your fingers, not your palms. hard at first, but once you get used to it you'll have dad strength.

if hookgrip makes your form shit then your hookgrip-form is shit

i used to do that and all it did was inflame my finger ligaments and give me trigger finger

that arm wrestling champion from west virginia has a good video on forearm training, let me see if i can find it

here we go

youtube.com/watch?v=R9235-tIBkA

>I can never watch snap city webms
me neither bro
i watched OP webm through my fingers like a little kid at a horror movie

Hey jontron, disney kick you out yet or are you still sucking their cock harder then your ugly girlfriend sucks off niggers.

thanks mang

Just use hook grip you losers

>don't row the weight towards you while you pull
>don't do steroids

Wow that's how you avoid tearing a bicep while doing mixed grip.

if youre strapped you dont need hook grip

Dude it's because he's on gear and rowing the weight.

Not because (or mainly because) of his grip.

heavy dumbbell rows
grip strength shot up in

if you can handle it? No, you use straps if your grip can't handle it wtf lol.

Tfw tore my tendon doing the same shit, except I was going for a 3rd rep of 455 and my leg buckled.

try farmer walks or just standing still with thick 10, 15 or 20kg plates depending on how strong your grip is, and pinch them.

Forgot pic related, 1 year later. No physical therapy needed, back at 435 for reps

i already do these, thumbless grip

wouldn't this the same as just holding the deadlift at the top?

I need to stop being a bitch and just transition to hook grip but I'll be caught dead before I use straps under 7pl8

I am pretty comfortable with my grip.
What causes me problems is my lower back.

youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc

I am following every step to the letter in this vid but my lower back still looks just a little arched or curved when deadlifting heavy. It is not very noticeble, I even asked the gym instructor to check my back (before filming myself on another session) and he thought I had no problems at all with my form.
Still, feels weird. I know it will only compromise my form even more when I add more weight.

pinching thick plates is not the same as holding a bar

I can double overhand up to about 375 then the straps go on. Not killing my thumb nerves

should i switch grips when doing mixed grip? one definitely feels more natural than the other

Put fist in rice bucket
Expand fist
Repeat

Do this whenever you have your hands free.

No.
Any other pulling you do will correct the whatever insignificant imbalances you create through mixed grip.

FUCK

I only occasionally do rows, that enough?

Thanks for the advice, piss lord.

Probably.

You should do some kind of upper back work pretty much every lifting day though.

lmao what

Like? I do pull ups or rows every 2-4 days

Okay he jacked up his left bicep, lesson learned. But is he rocking the Mandark logo from dexters laboratory?

Rows and pullups/chinups are a good idea. I do some kind of row variation twice a week and pullups and chinups once each. I do 30-60 reps each time.

warm up with double overhand until you have to switch to mixed.
after working sets, lift and hold a moderately difficult weight double overhand for as long as possible for 2-3 sets.

shut up Meg

>griplets
nothing more pathetic

how does this even fucking happen? His elbows looked straight.

guy must be roided out the wazoo

Chalk mein nigga

protip: if somebody tears their bicep while doing mixed grip diddles, there's a very high chance they're on roids

do deadlift with straps to train deadlift then train forearms afterwards.
you can do heavy farmers walks with a trap bar and you just walk kinda slowly. also use a wrist roller and hammer curls to work all parts of forearm.

I don't do DL.

Why would you use that kind of grip? Doesn't look natural at all, why don't you just use overhand grip?
Also what are the consequences of that? It appears his bicep has completely tore out, is that even curable?

Farmers carry really helped me out

this is actually helpful as fuck

Mixed grip is used since powerlifting doesn't allow straps and hook grip hurts a lot at first.

It serves literally no purpose other than increasing the amount of weight you can hold in your hands yet unevenly loads the body and can lead to bicep tears like in the OP.

In short it's absolutely retarded and I have no idea why PL doesn't just have an overhand grip only rule or allow straps. Forearms and grip strength get worked anyway regardless of strap usage so it seems kind of arbitrary to require these weird gripping techniques despite the fact the forearms of a lifter will be just as strong whether they use straps or hook/mixed grip.

babidi unlocked his power so much that it destroyed his body

Holy shit, the dude finished the lift and held it for a good few seconds. If I snapped my shit I'd drop the bar and run to the goddamn hospital.

DOH your warmup sets, use hook or straps for your working sets, then do direct grip work afterwards if you even need to

unless you are a powerlifter (an actual powerlifter who has done a meet) that can't get the hang of hook, then you have no choice i guess

If you have trouble with the bar rollling out ofy our hands it's probably not your grip, it's more likely the barbell you're using is a cheap peice of shit.

Cheap barbells roll like crazy.

I can barely hold 140kg with my $100 generic oly barbelll ($100), but with my ohio bar I can pull 230kg easily without any grip issues (overhand grip) , unfortunately the ohio bar cost me over $400. (Australia)

cheap shitty fucked up bars are absolute cancer man

the one at my gym is bent, has collars that get stuck and don't spin smoothly, and also has incredibly smooth knurling

Yep. The knurling on my ohio bar is insane. The knurling on my generic ebay chinese barbell........fucking useless.

I've spent so much money on my home-gym so far because I first bought a bunch of cheap crap. Now I have a full decked out set of rogue equipment.

The shit is expensive (compared to the generic junk) but fucking hell it's amazing how much of a difference having quality gym equipment does for your lifts & overall performance.

The leg press knee hyperextension webms are fucking brutal