I cured my gyno by accident

Backstory: I've never used steroids but have had gyno since my puberty and was always self-conscious about it, I was that kid who wore a t-shirt swimming. Got into bodybuilding after school and losing fat just made it stand out more, it wasn't the worst case ever, kinda looked like this pic.

The cure: I started intermittent fasting about a year ago now, basically just fitting all my nutrition and kJs into 4 hrs at the end of the day. I actually started because I'm a neurobiologist and it's been proven to reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases. It also helped me to lean up again and to my surprise my gyno wasn't as bad and has continued to improve to the point where it's no longer visible.

The science: So why would a change of eating habits help when nothing else would? It has to do with protein turnover mechanisms, basically your body can either build or destroy but not both at the same time. We are always eating and our body doesn't have the time to degrade useless tissue. Many obese people who have lost weight by fasting report that their skin shrinks with them and that they aren't left with the typical skin folds.

I don't have proof that this cured my gyno but it was the only variable that changed and I've never heard of anyone being cured in their 30s without surgery. It's just a theory right now but it's backed up by the literature and worked for me.

sure it wasn't pseudogyno?

I'm sure, my body fat percentage has been all over the place over the last decade and it always remained the same, even sub 10%. It also felt like breast tissue rather than fat.

Do you think it would work on a standard 8 hour fast too? Or the extra 4 hours of fasting may be what did the trick?

Can you feel any breast/glandular tissue underneath anymore or is it all gone?

>I'm a neurobiologist
Care to submit some studies for review backing your claims?

If that's you you have torpedo tits. You need a 50s era bra

lemme know if anybody finds a study about this. All I can find is a bunch of anecdotes from Fung and random internet losers.

how different did they feel?

where's the after pic?

Do you even have a current pic of yourself

>tfw cured "gyno" by bench pressing and losinf some weight

Man discovers caloric deficit

Is amazed

I'd suck on your tits tbqh

Where's the 'after' pic?

when you say that you're a neurobiologist, do you mean that you have a PhD in neurobiology and currently do experiments in a lab?

because otherwise that's bullshit

I have an bachelor's degree in neurobiology from a good school (pic related) and I am most definitely not a "neurobiologist"

>I learned just as much interesting shit about the brain on Veeky Forums as I did in all 4 years of college

This. Why would someone go to the effort of making this thread and not do this?

Husky represent

Hey OP, I have multiple sclerosis. Saw some research saying IF helps due to autophagy or some shit. Will IF affect gains? How long can you do it for? Any other proof in your field showing benefits for stopping neurological damage?

I honestly don't know, this is just what I did and my experiences. I can no longer feel any breast tissue and am happy I didn't fork out the money for surgery.

There haven't been any studies to my knowledge, that's why I'm posting here. I just wanted to get the information out there so other people with the condition could give it a try. This isn't my area but I'll look into it in a couple of years if nobody else does.

That's not a picture of me I tried to avoid photos of my chest over the years. I wasn't trying to reduce my gyno so I had no reason to take before photos.

3rd year into my PhD candidature, studying the links between metabolic activity and the progression of Parkinson's disease. You can call it bullshit if you like, I don't really care.

He admits in the OP it's just his anecdotal observation

how long did you fast?

losing fat reduces aromatase and subsequently estrogen, which is responsible for gyno. That or it was just stubborn fat that you lost through calorie restriction. Either way losing fat is what did it, IF just helped you lose fat through calorie restriction.

I've also heard that intermittent fasting prevent loose skin.

Would autophagy destroy the breast tissue as well you think?

People who fast for longer than 2 weeks report that their scars go away... Perhaps this is a real cure.

IF doesn't affect gains as long as you're eating the same amount you would in a regular day. It's actually been shown to drastically increase HGH levels. The key to making it work is to not eat anything at all during the fasting period, any insulin spike will throw it off and make you hungry for the rest of the day.

Evidence is mostly from animal model studies but there is a lot of it. Subjecting humans to any kind of caloric deficit has been frowned upon by ethics for a while now, at least where I work.

IF has been proven to help with protein turnover, reduce inflammation, and reduce cell death. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Or you could just cycle 60mgs of raloxifene for 6 weeks and get rid of it entirely. I think if anything, your diet and gyno subsiding were coincidental.

Even extended fasting doesn't affect gains. People who fast for days in a row don't lose lean mass. They lose fat while their metabolism goes up.

I've lost fat before, many times, but the gyno has always remained. I can't be certain about what happened but IF is the only thing that changed.

I've been fasting daily for about a year now. There are many forms of fasting but this one worked with my lifestyle.

how many hours per day do you fast or how many days in a week do you fast?

>but it's backed up by the literature
what literature?
Who pays you for shilling IF? Who would profit from this?

The body prioritizes efficiency above all else, if tissue doesn't have a purpose and the body can get rid of it then it usually will. This is just anecdotal but it worked for me.

How do you manage to eat enough in that 4 hour window? I'm 6'5 225 and I had an insanely hard time bulking to this point just due to the amount of food I had to eat. How can I manage to physically handle eating enough to maintain my weight in 4 hours?

Who would profit from a free strategy that requires no marketable assistance products? What are you talking about?

pic of your nipples with timestamp please

stubborn fat is usually the last to go. Have you been leaner than you currently are with persistent breast tissue? If this is the leanest you've been, previous weight loss isn't an argument.

Mattson MP, Longo VD, Harvie, M, (2017). Impact of intermittent fasting on health and disease processes, Ageing research reviews 39:46-58

This seems to be a pretty good literature review.

I fast for 20hrs a day, 7 days a week. A couple of times a month I'll eat normal meals for social reasons.

I've been lower than this before, the most stubborn fat on my body has always been my love handles.

Did you eat as much as you wanted or eat a certain amount of calories?

It took some getting used to, I usually break it down into two big meals and space them two hours apart. A lot of the food I eat is energy dense, avocado, nuts etc. I just take it slow and have learned to enjoy gorging.

We're in an age where trying to help others with unconventional yet effective ideas is called "shilling".

Essentially, people are idiots.

I eat about 10000 kJs per day, if I eat less with my current activity I'll get hungry during my fasting period. Everyone is different though and you just have to pay attention to what your body is telling you.

You're right the only person to profit are people with gyno if it's true. The people shilling against it are jews who want people to get surgery to fix it.

This tbqh lol intermittent fastings only benefit it making cutting easier by shortening making you feel more full.

like bags of sand

not OP, but I doubt it. the real hormonal/physiological changes don't even start until 16 hours. 16-8 IF is barely even fasting. It's just not shoveling food in your mouth for every waking hour.

>"neurobiologist" without any knowledge of endocrinology.
The amount of errors in your post makes me believe you don't have an education at all.

What I don't understand is what you get out of this joke.
Long term baiting? Hoping to get catches for years to come based on "old rumors"?

>Says there are errors
>Doesn't tell you what they are

salty coins

This. Calling statements wrong without rectifing them is disingenuous.

can fat gyno be correlated with diabetes predisposition?

Aka ive heard for some people simple sugars wont be harmful, while for others they will wreck havoc with almost instantenous fat gain

thanks

>tfw no gyno bf

how is that shilling, retard? it literally costs no money to do IF

Bumpan

based giv poster

not true, tons of studies that show increase in HGH and other pros

so you only ate during a 4 hour window each day?

Look, I know what you're saying and everything,

But honestly if op convinces a bunch of fatties to lose weight by fasting and it works even if it's kind of a lie, then what is the problem?

gyno haver here. It feels like you have little sacs of squishy pebbles inside your man tits. Feels way different than normal fat tissue.

I've also had gyno since puberty, and I'm doing fasting right now. Rapidly losing weight, so I hope the gyno goes away or at least diminishes.

Why is this thread still up

so I wanna start intermittent fasting is the 5hrs window big?3pm to 8pm

My suggestion to people with gyno or loose skin, who did it a fucked up way like straight keto (bypassing autophagy), has been to bulk / cut with fasting cycles since they've expended all their body fat.

Bulk
>eating carbs, normal TDEE
>lift for fucks sake
>put on 15-20lbs (easy cuz previously fat)
Cut
>work out first two days to speed depletion of glycogen
>rest, allow muscles to rebuild
>two week straight water fast
>or until you're back down to original weight

5hr eating window is fine. You can put it wherever you want.