Read the sticky

>read the sticky
>all of it
>find "beginner" workout routine
>day 1
>it includes push-ups
But I can't do a push-up. Not even on my knees, not even on a chair. I can't even hold myself up in that position.
When I was 14, I could just *barely* bench an empty bar, and I'm weaker now than I was. I have trouble pushing certain kinds of doors unless I lean on them. My pushing muscles do not function. I can do other things in my day-to-day life such as walking up hills and carrying bags because those involve different muscles, exerting force in a different direction.
I'm on the ground pushing and pushing and pushing but I don't move upward at all. If I keep doing that, will I eventually get stronger? Is it the PUSH part that matters, or the UP part? Can I get stronger just by straining with no movement?
Why do "beginner" workouts include things that obviously some people cannot do? Day 1 should mean day 1.

just do push-ups from your knees, idiot. or at least try and do the best that you can.

Start with negatives. Get yourself into pushup position and gondown to the floor ad dlowly ad possible. Then get back up and do it again

lay on your back and do the bench press motion and press just your arms up and down until you feel a nice burn and repeat. should get you rolling to a progression

Don't be such a crybaby and do light flat bench chest exercises instead of push ups.
You can find many excuses to not do things, maybe you're way too fat, maybe you're lazy, maybe you're just disabled, but you have to start somewhere user, don't kid yourself, you can do this. Start lower, we all started somewhere

are you a complete skelly, a morbidly obese person, or a woman?

Sticky is mostly retarded shit designed to talk absolute fucking retards into becoming gym dependent powerlifting faggots/dykes with shit cardio and no flexbility.

It's not there to get anyone actually fit.

This is a calisthenics progression.
It shouldn't take you more then 6 months to get to "normal".

I would also strongly suggest that you walk for up to an hour every single day.

I said I can't do a push-up on my knees. I fell on my face immediately and couldn't push myself back up even an inch. Is that okay?

How about you read a post before you reply, retard?
>I can't do a push-up. Not even on my knees

now you don't have any excuses faggot.

How did you get back up then?
Do you have severe muscular atrophy?
Say if a log fell on you whist you were on the floor, would you be able to lift it?
If not, do you not see how pathetic that is? You should be doing everything you can to have at least a practical level of strength.

Okay, thanks!

>How did you get back up then?
I sort of rolled onto my side until I could get a leg under my center of mass, and used my legs to stand up. I'm sure I described that wrong, but the point is I didn't get up with pushing arm strength alone.

Post body, so I know you're not a tiny aylmao stealing our fitness secrets

>Why do "beginner" workouts include things that obviously some people cannot do? Day 1 should mean day 1.
>some
Out of the adult population, if you're not lying out of your arse, you are literally 1 in a hundred thousand people who has subpar upper body function. You probably are either severely underweight and/or have a debilitating medical condition and should've consulted with a doctor already, before you started a workout routine.
There isn't anything wrong with the beginner routines, you're just abnormal.

Beginner routines =/= just lifting fucking weights you moron.

There are people who can't even lift the goddamned bar in a bench press.

Can you draw a picture for me please as im having trouble visualising it, if you've got enough upper body strength to do so

Is this due to fat or extremely weak muscles?

Shut up
There's no way there are. normal adults whomst cannot even bench 20kg

See?
These are the kind of people who you take your fucking advice from.

OP, the actual beginning of the push up progression is leaning into a wall and pushing yourself into an upright position. Then start doing it off of counters, tables, a bench, and eventually floor.

I'm having trouble visualising you going from prone to standing using only push-up muscles.

Answer this question OP

How does someone end up in this state?

This. It's how I first got to do chin ups / pull ups.

Believe me, it works. Once you can do a full pushup, you're very close to being able to do 2. And then 3. And so on, until you'll want more weight than just your body, and you'll start eyeing the bench press.

Godspeed.

Goddamn OP post body, or at least your Hight weight sex stats, this is really activating my almonds, I honestly can't picture how someone can be that weak and I'm not even hating either

It's called power
If you can't blast off of the floor from a push up to a standing position you're an armlet

RATTLE RATTLE EAT MORE CATTLE

start in the pushup position and go down slowly, it's called a negative. substitute these until you can reliably do pushups