Alcoholic

>alcoholic
>drink more than I eat

Genuinely curious what's going to happen to me.

I honestly can't tell if this is comforting or upsetting anymore

I do the same thing. A lot of days I only get around 600 - 1000 calories of actual food. Around a day and a half or two a week I don't eat at all. I can hit over 2000 calories a day in just alcohol easy. I've been trying to quit but when I go cold turkey I get hit with crippling depression and severe shaking follows soon after which doesn't help and also causes extreme anxiety. I have to have a few shots or a few beers before work or I will shake like a retard and be extremely anxious. Not anxious like it's just to myself but anybody who is in contact with me will notice. I've been told that I look scared which fucks my anxiety over because I know that the way I feel is manifesting physically. It's a fucking snowball effect that is fucking me over and over again every day.

Any advice on quitting drinking is appreciated. Honestly I've tried but the crippling depression, shaking, and extreme anxiety makes it impossible. I feel like I will lose my job if I keep going like that (sober with withdrawal effects, not drinking). I live a perfectly functional life drinking but I still want to quit so I can ditch the 2000 calories a day and the fact that my brain is getting burnt up.

OP here, I'm a leaf and have easy access to antidepressants, believe it or not they help with the shakes. Also smoke weed. I work out ocassionally and it kind of helps.

Get to an AA meeting stat
You'll meet people that have probably been through worse

I used to be in the same boat.

I would eat a relatively healthy diet (calorie wise, if not macro/micro wise). But then my relationship got shitty (pretty sure she cheated on me), work got shitty and I started drinking to feel better.

I cut all that shit out of my life and lost 70 pounds so far.

Also if you go to AA be prepared to get religious.

Yeah that's the shit that I hate about *A.

You have to surrender yourself to a "higher power" and basically say you have no control. Which is BS and probably leads to a lot of excuses for people's relapses

Taper your intake. I mean scientifically and accurately measure the amount of alcohol. Use the same brand and only that brand. This is not hard. If you're still functioning fine, make it slow.
Set doses before hand. This can be done for any substance if you can find the strength, and you'll enjoy skipping the truly painful parts of substance withdrawal and institutionalization.

Or get submitted, humiliated, destroyed, multiple times, over and over and over until you learn what it takes for you.

>I was option B but option A is and always will be possible. just unlikely

Either requires honesty if you cannot grasp that try snorting smarties or huffing jenk

Stop "working out occasionally" commit to your actions and wants

T. Clean heroin addict

I remember reading A Million Little Pieces and even though it was fake, the author was right how it always comes down to a choice for the addict.

You’ll blow out your liver or kidneys and have to spend 3days a week in dialysis, getting your blood purified by a machine for 4 hours. Oh, and you have to stay seated the whole time, any movement could upset your blood pressure, pull out the needles, etc.

>antidepressants, believe it or not they help with the shakes
Too bad. I'm of the belief that all of those kinds of pills we really have no idea what the fuck they're really doing, short and long term. People frequently kill themselves upon taking them and they haven't been around for even 50 years or so. I refuse to take any of the SSRIs or similar. It's crazy imo.

>Also smoke weed
I smoke occasionally. Sometimes it really helps but other time it will make me extremely anxious. Even the day after smoking, which really sucks.

>I work out ocassionally and it kind of helps.
Same. Lifting has a huge impact. I do a little every day but I should go harder. Squats especially are good at keeping depression at bay.

Leave alcohol and go weed

>you have to stay seated for 4 hours
ha-ha, n-none of us have ever done that right guys?

Dude I hear you about the pills and shit but clearly you are as desperate as I and already drinking poison.

Looks comfy

Look into Naltrexone, it saved my life. I take 50mg of it an hour before I drink and it negates the part of me that causes me to drink uncontrollably. Easily digestible documentary on it called 'one little pill'. I can't recommend it enough, I went from destroying my life and my body over half a decade to rebuilding both over the past year I've been taking it. I used to be a neuroscience PhD student before alcohol stopped that and have always been skeptical of things that people call 'miracle drugs' but that's what this has been for me.

Well if you can't stop drinking switch to vodka waters. Eat a lot

Vodka waters are for roasties

>Taper your intake.
>I mean scientifically and accurately measure the amount of alcohol
I try to but it depends on the day for me. I wake up a few hours before work and try to judge how much I need to drink to feel okay that day. Sometimes I can get away with just a 3 point can of beer and sometimes I need a quarter pint of Vodka. I think there is another layer of depression not caused by alcohol withdrawals that I'm unaware of because it's repressed by the alcohol. Hence why sometimes I need to drink more?

>T. Clean heroin addict
I'm close to 2 years clean from being an IV meth and opiate abuser. Frequently mixed a quarter paper of meth with Morphine, Oxycodone, Roxy, Fentanyl and similar. Quitting that lifestly was fucking nothing compared to alcohol. Though obviously I've been coping from those addictions with alcohol so it's kind of like the omega drug. The final boss.

Why would you inject meth?
t. ex-adderall user

>Why would you inject meth?
Because it feel fucking amazing and lasts for several hours. Extremely different from other methods of intake.

>t. ex-adderall user
Adderall is pretty good too. Shot it many times. Similar to meth. Not much of a rush but it has pretty good legs. Also shot Ritalin a bunch. It's really fucking good, similar to coke.

>Frequently mixed a quarter paper of meth with Morphine, Oxycodone, Roxy, Fentanyl and similar
To be clear. I mean mixed in the same syringe and injected at the same time.

In the early stages it's a choice, but addiction is a disease, especially while actively using. It's like diabetes in the sense that a person can become diabetic through poor habits. A person can become addicted through continuous use, and once addicted, the brain can crave the drug or alcohol even more so than food or water.

Some people don't have the will power to stay clean, thus when they shy away from their AA program, they usually go back to drinking which is a valid reason why people pick up again, not so much an excuse.

I've seen Naltrexone work wonders for people, and no withdrawal when you stop usage. Never take if your an active opiate user, it will make give you the worst withdrawal ever. Also works great for alcohol since you won't get any pleasure from drinking, which makes drinking useless.

Clean heroin addict with a year, thanks to the serenity given to me by working the steps and a solid program. I was a skeptic to AA and the steps but am very grateful for it. My suggestion for people struggling with alcoholism or addiction is to go to AA/NA/CA whatever and get in with a home group. Im lucky that I live by a great recovery community full of young people, cause some meetings you get all old timers and a it's very dry.

Neat. I was prescribed adderall for a while before I realized I was a tad dependent. Couldn't feel my cock for a while

Sounds like you got some stuff you gotta face. I quit cold turkey ans while my withdrawals werent as bad as yours it was still rough with shakes and sleepless nights, but I could only take that step after I decided to stop hating myself among other things. Im not saying you are specifically hating yourself, but theres gotta be something in your life that if you fixed it then facing the world sober would be easier

>tfw take medication but refuse therapy

Should I crack, Veeky Forums

I did that for years and quit cold turkey a year ago. Feels great man.

>but theres gotta be something in your life that if you fixed it then facing the world sober would be easier
Yeah. I oneitis for a girl that I have 2 kids with. Had my son when I was 16. He's 10 now and my daughter is 7. We've been split up for a few years. I love the girl and miss my family but she married someone else. Even though she's married she invites me out and spends days with me and the kids and shows me affection blah blah, every week for a while. I wish she'd never started acting like this towards me. How the fuck do you get over losing your happy family and white picket fence life? I don't even really want one that isn't.

Even if we did get back together I know she is in no fucking way wife material or trustworthy at all. But knowing that doesn't effect the way I feel. I'm a retarded monkey nigger. The blackest retarded monkey nigger there ever was.

Nothing wrong with spending time with the kids. Inb4 you kill her

>Sometimes I can get away with just a 3 point can of beer and sometimes I need a quarter pint of Vodka.
Lol that's not alcoholism, that's baby's first sippy-sip you little bitch. You physically can not get sick and get the shakes from "quitting" drinking that little. I was an alcoholic for almost a year and for a month of it I was up to two fiths of bourbon a day, so I fucking know what it takes. When I decided to stop I tapered down and quit in about 2 weeks. You just have to chose to stop making excuses and fucking do it.

Apart from dying painfully? A painful death.

>Lol that's not alcoholism, that's baby's first sippy-sip you little bitch.
I'm talking about pre workday drinking. I drink heavily after work and on weekends. But drink the bare minimum before work.

>before

>literally trying to one-up someone

Peak drunkposting.

Naltrexone doesn't negate pleasure from drinking though, it just negates the abnormal pleasure alcoholic brains get from drinking. I can still drink and enjoy it to the same extent a normal person does without the compulsions an alcoholic has.

Went through a bottle of wine a night for 2 years
Took a decent dose of lsd
Realised drinking every night and eating like shit would mean id never be Veeky Forums
And i just want to be Veeky Forums bros
Was /fat/ through all of high school
Tapered and quit the drinking, cut the fat but long way to go

Not a big drug guy but lsd can lead you to your own epiphany and you will choose to stop drinking