Hello friends

Hello friends,

I kinda wanna get a home gym; what are the must haves?

For machines, I was thinking I'll get a power tower for pull ups and dips, and a bench for flys and crunches

For free weights, I was planning to get a few dumbbells and a few barbells, but all of them rather light. Like dumbbells of max 10kg and barbell of max 35kg.

Is that ok? Obviously I'm not trying to get huge or whatever, but my understanding is that high reps with low weights should be fine. I don't care too much about legs because I don't plan to be big, and I skateboard every day, which takes care of leg work and cardio

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume
youtu.be/gcr4aVLHaXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you shitting me. Fuck off.

Good barbell first.
At least enough weight to deadlift.
Power rack.
Bench.

After that you have some freedom.

Cable machine?
Leg curl-extensions?
Calf machine?
Rear delt machine?

Do what you want.

>Good barbell first.
>At least enough weight to deadlift.
>Power rack.
Is there no other way to do lifting other than heavy deadlifts and squats

No. Heavy deadlifts and squats will ignite your manly soul, which is necessary to ever fully make it.

I think I'll end up buying a ring, a bunch of dumbbells, and a flat bench. Cheap & fuck Veeky Forums

>a ring
pair of rings*

Enjoy being weak.

buy a decent barbell and 80kg of plates, when you bench 100kg for reps is when you get to a point where your body is good enough to people notice that you lift and you won't look huge

I will thanks

lol

Cables and accessories. Shit you can do with cables is nearly endless if you get creative.

Bench - barbell - Dumbbells and a squat rack

I have a cage with upper and lower pulleys, an adjustable bench, dumbells, and a neck harness. That's pretty much all you need.

Why make this bread if you are going to be a little bitch, if the first thing you don’t buy is a rack, bb, and plates, you are just being stupid

Fuck your rack m8 I'm going for hypertrophy and low bf. I'm not going for the SS meme; I already did that a few years ago but I forgot Veeky Forums knows one and only one thing

OP check out this power rack on Amazon. I'm planning to build a home gym soon and its on my purchase list. You'll be able to do just about every heavy compound lift safely. I'll also get a dip attachment for the rack.

everybody wanna get big, but aint no one wanna lift no heavy ass weights

everybody wanna have an opinion but no one got time to read shit

you don't need to lift heavy to get bid.

Forgot pic

honestly hell yeah. Aren't bars like $150-$200? can just build bench out of wood and willpower 4 cheaps.
Sounds awesome desu

>Thinks fucking skateboarding is enough leg training
> Comes to ask for advice, refutes everything said to him with petty, resentful bs arguments
> "I don't wanna deadlift cause i don't wanna get too huge" mentality

Op is either retarded, a troll or both.
Protip: kys

strongerbyscience.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume

9-15 reps for getting big. you only need to do heavy load if you want to get stronger

roll with me on the road less traveled to the shangri-la of snap city, bromigo

Yeah I don't care about your broscience and SS cult

That rack from Amazon doesn't come with a bar unfortunately. I'm going to look for one cheap on Craigslist.

My home gym consists of a bench press and a pullup bar with pins welded on the side and a level concrete slab under it. 100kg odd of weights, 4x20, 2x10, 2x5 and a 5&6 foot barbell bought second hand for £110 then a weight set from Argos for £20 of 4x2.5 and 4x1.25 for running GSLP with 2.5kg increments.

>can run any program switching machine exercises
>£130
>can work out in back garden
>mfw it rains though

Are you literally retarded? No one has recommended you to do ss on this bread you sorry ass bitch. But you need to be doing heavy compound lifts such as squats and diddlys if you wanna be doing something other than wasting your time, and in your case, your money buying all sorts of useless home gym equipment to get no results.

That sounds like my dream

You just need 3 things
Squat/bench rack combo
Barbell
Adjustable dumbbells

You don't need anything else

get on /r/homegym to see some good shit and figure out what you need, i have a cage and a cheap barbell and 300# of plates and run nsuns in my apartment's second bedroom and it's pretty solid.

>i skateboard every day
are you a child?

Honestly, good pull up bar plus a couple resistance bands gymnast rings is all you need I'd you don't care about legs. Later in you can get a dip belt and some cheap weight. You can 100 build a good body this way.

t. brainwashed brainlet

It's good like, saves me loads of money and time in the long run but lifting in the rain sucks. Just throw on the waterproofs and struggle on through.

Exactly my thoughts but you're the only in the thread who agrees with this and doesn't claim that rack/bb are vital for everything ever

Lifting in the rain sounds so badass, having a comfy home gym would be my dream. Know any good places to get cheap equipment? I'm uk too

I'll just get a good diet going and then do this:

# Equipment
- Vertical bar with hanging gymnastic rings
- Couple of Dumbbells

# Muscles
- Chest
- pushups (nothing)
- dips (ring)
- flys (ring)
- Lats
- Pullups (vertical bar/ring)
- Chin ups (vertical bar)
- Muscle up (rings)
- Triceps
- Dips (rings)
- Traps
- Standing Dumbbell upright Row (dumbbells)
- Shoulders
- Side Laterals to Front Raise (dumbbells)
- Abs
- Plank
- Crunches
- Gorilla chin (vertical bar)
- Knee raise (vertical bar/rings)
- Biceps
- Curls (dumbbells)

>vertical
meant horizontal lmao

Gumtree mate

Thanks man, I usually look around for bargains there but sometimes there's loads other times there's none

>power cage w/ dip bars
>adjustable bench
>barbell
>adjustable Dumbbells
>200kg of weights
>EZ Curl bar
That'll solve everything for a while

So long as you know how to dump the bar you don't need a rack. You can do just fine otherwise a bar+plates, uprights and a bench. Learn to dump a squat, learn the roll of shame, and you're sorted. Hell with a bar alone you can deadlift, floor press, row, clean&press/front squat plus all sorts of variations you can find. What's the name of it when you lift the bar onto your back from the floor?
You don't need much to get strong.

>a "power tower" is a machine
>a bench is for flys and crunches
>getting multiple fixed barbells instead of just an olympic
>skateboarding
>skateboarding is enough to stimulate progress in the strongest muscles in the body

Are you 13

>muh compounds

I mean, the progression for rings are practically endless. Elite strength levels are full front lever rows and ring handstand and planche push-up and once you hit those you will be incredibly strong. Even then you can still move on to things like inverted cross, manna and Maltese which are mad difficult and will provide huge muscle gains.

Im "brainwashed" because I lift heavy... Hmm...
I think your problem is that youre just too much of a fucking pussy to put in hard work and just wanna delude yourself thinking lifting light weights and not hitting legs will get you somewhere and people who propose proven, reliable and effective training methods are just "brainwashed morons". Case in point, you actually think skateboarding is leg training and you skateboard as an adult. Kys fag.
t. Kinda dude thatll end up fucking the girl your crushing on but you wont talk to.

OP stalk craigslist for a week,

you will find fucking STEALS

Fat faggot who thinks his 315 squat makes him into a pussy magnet.

>that whole last paragraph

look up eric bugenhagen

Sponsored skateboarding fitizen checking in. You talk stupid and your shits all retarded.

This I got pic related for 300 and seller was B r o T I E r helping me move it into apt and get it upright so I could assemble it

I can't put a price on what it has helped me accomplish

power rack is the way to go tho. safety spotters save lives

We are all bros on this blessed day.

So more sets for strength gives you more gains? Why does SS tell you to do 3 sets instead of 5 or something?

Because the whole basis of SS is to do more weight every single time. The more sets you add, the less you're going to be able to do this. Beginners don't need many sets to get strength gains and that's lucky because very few of them have the work capacity to actually do a bunch of hard sets then turn around and try another set of PRs two days later.

>home gym in an apartment
Why would you do this to yourself?

how much better is a power rack than a squat rack and a bench really?

1 bedroom too
I was determined
House now

>I skateboard every day
muhahahaha

>everybody wanna get big, but aint no one wanna lift no heavy ass snapcity deadlifts so they do something else for equal/better results
Fixed

It LITERALLY does not matter

Lift often, keep increasing weight that you can handle, good form, eat well, sleep often

There. Ez gains for life.

>, keep increasing weight that you can handle
or increase number of reps

>

Why are you even bothering to make a homegym? Just do some pushups and you'll get very toned.

>Power rack
>adjustable bench
>barbell and a few hundred pounds of weights
>Concept 2 rower for cardio gainz
>a few used dumb bells (hella cheap, or sometimes free, on Craigslist)
>a mirror for 'mirin yourself

>Why are you even bothering to make a homegym?

I'm not; I'll get some rings and a few dumbbells instead. Get fucked bitch

skateboarding is on par with biking fuck off geezer

>barbell of max 35kg
What the fuck are you even saying?

>Obviously I'm not trying to get huge
Kill yourself

Cause I would'v used it for high rep overhead press, not squats/deadlifts

youtu.be/gcr4aVLHaXI

Ok well then you're just a low test pussy.

k tard

Without reading thread, in order of importance
>A good barbell
>Two bumper plates
>Cheap plates up to whatever weight your DL 1rm is and then some, or 8x20kg (whichever is more). Also, a pair each of 10, 5, 2.5, 1, 0.5 kg plates.
>A power rack with a pullup bar and safeties
>A bench
>Chalk
>Squat shoes
>Belt
>Adjustable dumbell handles
>Dip station
>Floor bumper padding or deadlift platform
>A cheap barbell for rack pulls or blocks for block pulls, an ez bar, chains

>newshit that wont even buy the stuff trying to act like a smartass: the thread

>baww people should buy what I want without questioning despite the fact that I'm a dumbass who knows nothing about anything

not my fault 90% of this board is made up of brainless meatheads who think there's only one way to fitness and that is HEAVY ASS COMPOUNDS AD INFINITUM

must haves:
rack/ cage
barbell
removeable bench
pullup bar

optional;
dip tower
adjustable dumbells

>make thread asking for advice on how to make a home gym
>HAHA I WASN'T BEING SERIOUS!!!

good thread op

>35kg for overhead press
london???

I was serious, but then I realised I'm wasting my time with you and did my own research and decided on a different solution

Even though I know this is a memetic warfare board hidden beneath a 'Reclaim Constantinople' collectible pottery board, it still hurts my feewings when an obvious shitpost like this gets tons of replies and actual questions have to go into the QTDDTOT to even get seen.

Shut your whore mouth and get the fuck out of here bitch

He already asked this question in the QTDDTOT thread and I answered him there.
OP you are seriously a faggot. You don't need to do ss there are plenty of other routines but if you think skateboarding is enough for legs then you are always going to be a dyel soyboy.

Name anything that will get you better results for posterior chain strength than deadlifts and give me a source

>op gets advice
>calls everything a meme/cult
fucking neck yourself

Your weights need to be heavy, the low weight high reps meme is spread by normalfags who "don't want to get too big" and literally never make progress

It literally is the most effective unless you wanna be a weak boi

>but if you think skateboarding is enough for legs then you are always going to be a dyel soyboy.

It's enough for my goals regarding legs..

who said anything about strength dumbass? he said BIG

>advice
more like SS gospel

>by normalfags
you mean by scientific research?

>weak
when did I ever say I want to be strong lmao you faggots are thick asf

>be me OP
>finish sucking off my gfs bf for goodboy points
>lets check Veeky Forums
>make a homegym thread
>proceed to completely deny what I just asked for
>LMAAAAAOOO XDDD get FUCKED NERD!

big=strength

haha u called me gay AND cuck I got told so badly today by an epic comedian :(

for real why do you even bother giving advice to others if you're retarded

why the fuck are you still in this thread you already decided you want to be a skinny weak twink because deadlifts hurt your hands :(

cause it's my thread get out punk

good argument retard, obviously your so much better. Post body nigger

I'd love for you to point me towards scientific research that shows lifting low amounts of weight is actually better for building muscle, you fucking retard

>argument
i'm not arguing with you bitch; i'm just laughing at your stupid ass