youtube.com/watch?v=mbYLp3KhBCY
youtube.com/watch?v=FTi_8KpDDIo
youtube.com/watch?v=SYhjVYhrweM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>i did it
good
now fuck off

Hold on for your cool powerlifting picture

anyone have opinions about calgary barbells 16 week program?

Just a reminder that a 300kg deadlift is easier than finding a good woman.

So pull more, and pull less.

>literally billions of men who managed to get a woman in history of mankind
>thousands at best who hit 300kg deadlift
ok

>inb4 but only "good" women
yeah okay then maybe you should switch to superior 2d

The point literally was only good women so the argument >inb4 only good women is absolutely fucking retarded

to some men all women with workig vagina are good, to other men no women are good

To some oxygen is good to some oxygen no good

I’m not going to do squats and deadlifts anymore and there is nothing you faggots can do to stop me

its your own choice. just like smoking or obesity

good
now fuck off

Happy to see that my choice to maximize the longevity of my spine is inducing butthurt in the power lifting community

what are you talking about we are happy for you

Telling someone to fuck off is not how you express happiness for another person, user

Had my first meet on the weekend, one thing that surprised me was how ugly some of the third attempt deadlifts were, eg:

youtu.be/o72jVACJPbs?t=5h28m46s
>that perfectly timed drop

How much form breakdown should you just accept at a meet given you should only be pulling that poorly 1-2x a year?

6x10 4-0-0-0 Front Squats

Ideally none. Perfect technique allows for maximal weight to be lifted.

Depends on the meet. But personally I'm just too fucking stupid to let go of a deadlift attempt.

But honestly, third attempt deadlifts are going to be redline moments for a lot of people. Do what you gotta do to make the pull and so on. Actually going balls out like that has some advantages for planning out future stuff too.

>94.7kg this morning

I've been plateaud at 92kg for 90% of this year. I got to 97kg, cut to 87kg, then ever since just eaten as much as I felt like and have been stuck around 91-92kg

Which sucks because 88kg is my comfortable weight and those few extra kilos really end up making a big difference to athletic performance.

mirin' bodyfat

youre fat as fuck

Who is this in the pic? I tried reverse searching it and fucking google gives me "powerlifting competition"

All these years and nobody knows

What do you guys think of the barbell medicine guys? What do you guys think about the USSF

>learn how to TAKE A DEEP BREATH and properly hold it for squatting
>learn how to 'pull' myself into the hole instead of bouncing out of it for squatting
>bar stays midfoot, depth is great if not even better, spine is neutral, lower back is properly engaged due to proper core bracing, ascent speed is improved
>mfw i'm finna make dank progress for working weights
>mfw i also figured out how to hold the bar with a clean grip for front squats and i'm gonna start doing those to further improve my squat and reduce weekly strain on my traps and lower back, thus leading to better overall progress

i feel it. feel with me.

Just hit 2 plate push press lads.

Felt so fucking good and totally unexpected. 20 lb PR and I don't regularly train push press

>tfw uncontrollable big goofy grin for 5 min after

>

USSF is a memefed.

the bbmedicine boys are quite cool imo, tho theyre expensive AF.
Last time I checked, Jordan charged 1k USD for 3months of coaching. No wonder he's a jew.

how do you guys stay/get motivated to lift heavy.
Also for a 1rm attempt, should i rest in the days before?
Lastly, how do i fix a poverty bench, i am squatting close to 4pl8, dead lifting close to 5 and bench barely more than 2pl8?

build up triceps
do facepulls

i was gonna wear a skeleton mask along with my singlet and belt today, going out for halloween as "the deadlifter" but i decided not to do that for some stupid reason

Whys it a meme? And yes he’s 200%jew

>Whys it a meme?

>blurred classes
>weightouts instead of weightins
>press instead of bench, making the upperbody lift even more useless
>no commands or interaction with judges
what else?

sounds like some autistic fed to me.

>facepulls
>bench

go on...

>This
plz expand

Different guy, but the usual explanation is that a huge amount of bench strength is reliant on being able to ride up properly on your upper back and keep it locked in. If you're weak there and/or a bit kyphotic (which most of Veeky Forums is, given how many of us are computer addicts) then you will tend to get crushed by heavy attempts.

Face pulls obviously aren't the only way to fix that but they're a pretty good one. Especially if the issue is more about positioning than raw back strength.

so i do a bit of upper back work at the end of each session or a tonne on one/two days?

Depends on your programming but I generally think doing some on every session is a good idea. The upper back (lats too, for that matter) is really hard to overwork.

Seems pretty chill, I could see it being the new face of powerlifting.

What is the cure for crazy forward knee travel at the bottom portion of the squat? It's really apparent due to my femur length so even atg looks parallel. What's my options apart from:

1. Go back to flats. I've no problem with ankle dorsiflexion.

2. Keep flats but try to lean forward / sit back more.

You've basically got three factors to work with. Knee travel, stance width, torso lean. If you want to reduce one you need to increase one or both of the others.

Listen to this guy and embrace the horizontal if you're low bar.
>Taylor swift
>good women
Topkek

Any cues I should know? I've tried initiating more forward lean but I lose tightness as I enter the hole due to the fear of snapping my shit up in a good morning squat

guys I just signed up for my first full meet. I'm looking at the 165lb class but at weigh in I might be over that. If I'm over it will they move me into the next class up? any advice for someones first meet?

The trick with forward lean, at least in my experience is that you don't want to actively try and lean forward. What you want to do is try and sit back into the movement more. Same end result but for some reason it seems to work better.

If you are over your chosen weight class during weigh in then you'll be bumped up to the next heavier weight class. Since it's your first meet, just have fun, meet new people & learn what you can.

I'll try to do just that, thanks. It's harder to sit back with heels though. Is it something that comes with practice or should I move back to flats since I'm not tilted as forward?

Probably worth trying both. Heels/flats can be a pretty individual thing.

>165
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Depends. Did you sign up for a specific weight class when you signed up for the meet or did you just write down your name?

Good because it's autistic as fuck

austin looks like a jew

>It's harder to sit back with heels though. Is it something that comes with practice or should I move back to flats since I'm not tilted as forward?

When i switched to shoes then i lost my forward lean a little and when i go down in the hole i am a lot more upright in my upper body and i lose glute and hamstring activation. Its like i lost proper hip drive with shoes. I think i should go back to squatting barefeet.

Can you guys give me 1 reason to OHP?
>Triceps
Bench variations and isolations
>Core
Literally everything
>Delts
It only works the front so you will have to isolate the lateral and posterior head any way and front head is worked with bench.

>it's
it would have been *

>What is the cure for crazy forward knee travel at the bottom portion of the squat?

BREATH DEEP AND BRACE YOUR CORE.

I do them for shoulder health and fun tbqh senpai. This isn't going by just Rippletits, it's also helped by Klokov, Everett and loadsa other older guys who can't bench with no pain but can ohp.

shoulder mobility
works lateral delt too
nice core stim
extra tricep volume

stop being a bitch and do it light high reps wont hurt your bench i bet your ohp is garbage ur trying to cope

>It only works the front

My OHP has dog shit form: the post

It's meme sports science, I always find it funny when people quote their shit psychology tier studies.

>I'm trying my hardest to justify my bitch OHP and dog shit form: the post

quoting wrong person lad

>have a 300kg+ deadlift
>no gf

Yup. Seems legit.

Just don't show them vids of you lifting showed the gf and her friend your vid and they wanted you to stop due to fear of your eyes popping out.

it helps you bench a shit tonne.

Lmao natural

yeah where sunglasses or somthing.
just don't show your eyes.

>Wear sunglasses
Is this legal in comp?

>not allowed to babypowder your legs during deadlifts

....if this is not pure autismo then i dont know what is

>Wednesday session today
>nuckols bench 3x int med, w4d2
>nuckols squat 2x int, w4d2 (pin squat, work up to 1rm)
>chinups
>hyperextensions 4x10-15
>DB lateral raises 4x8-15
>cable face pulls 3x15-17

all took more or less 1 hr.
now wtf do i do until friday session for the remaining 1.5 days left??

you go to the gym tomorrow

do farmer walks for 5min total, take minimum rest as needed
v rows on tbar 3x15
shrugs 2x50
reverse flies 3x20
hammer curls 2x20

and then go home

ahhhhhh there we go! PLOP

was trying to push out that smelly Norman khan into the toilet for last five minutes

And finally.. Success!

I'm currently in the process of trying to push out an equally stubborn Norman khan into the toilet

ARGGGGGHHHHHHH CMOOOOOOOOOOOOION CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON ARGGGGH

(Five minutes later)

SPLOOOOOOOOOOOOSH KEEEEEERRRRRPLUNK

and another Khan plunks into the toilet

I gotta say these Norman Khan today are STUBBORN LITTLE STINKY SHITS

WOOOOOOWEEEE!

got stretchmarks from bulking
on my ceps and behind my arm pits

what do?

Try smearing Norman Khan over it for an all natural remedy

OOOOOH DAMN JUST SPLATTERSOOSHED ANOTHER NORMAN KHAN INTO THE PAJEET BOWL

microneedling

If you're a non newbie but you neglected some lifts e.g I never did upper body work.
Would you still make muscles gains even if cutting ?

what the fuck is that

Sean is getting up even earlier.

5am now

I shall adjust my crystal ball accordingly

hes getting up even earlier just so he can post his norman khan earlier than your prediction

god hes pathetic llmao

EYEBALLS POP ACCELERATED BLOOD BEAT
VEINS A' SHAKING
AND ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE

youtube.com/watch?v=c9G4LQ9H_50

REEEEEEEEE
HOW DO I RUN SMOLOV ON BENCH WITH CANDITO 6 WEEK?

No I'm not you retarded fucking brainlet learn how timezones work

run smolov jr for bench

>squat w/ wraps 1RM
>5x5 pendlay row
>3x10 pullup
>60% AMRAP deadlift

link?

get it from the powerliftingtowin review
google it

Is this like the guy that pretended to be a girl? Trappie?

Like you just make shit up for attention?

How much of a difference is your mixed grip 1rm and straps?
My back isn't as tight during mixed grip and I was wondering about investing in straps since hook grip is worse than hitler.

learn to hookgrip properly it doenst hurt at all

youtube.com/watch?v=tzq_JZZfWWw

How to hook grip properly have any videos? I was just going by Oly guys and pretty sure it's unavoidable having your thumb mashed against the bar.

if it feels like your thumb is being ripped out youre doing it wrong and/OR you have a terrible bar with collars that dont rotate. I know this because I used to get pain with improper hookgrip and using a shtity bar

the only ''pain'' is just pressure on the top portion of your thumb that gets numb, thats all
>instagram.com/p/Ba4nWmSFGmi/?taken-by=tommartinpl
heres tom martin hookgripping 385kg, if he can do it without showing signs of pain you can too

watch

>youtube.com/watch?v=FVctFJPYlaA
>youtube.com/watch?v=0Lm2zDZvGoQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=mbYLp3KhBCY
>youtube.com/watch?v=FTi_8KpDDIo
these videos show pretty much the same thing but its just the different perspective they show

also how your thumb looks like after you pull hook, youll see here what I meant with the other post
>youtube.com/watch?v=SYhjVYhrweM

can deadlift cause an hernia in the mid/low-back?

So it's still getting mashed ? How is that not painful

with that logic your fingers are getting smashed too

>So it's still getting mashed ? How is that not painful
Find a new hobby. Knitting. Rock collecting. Maybe collect amibos.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

WHERE WE GOT FUN AND GAMES

Nice blog

I heard that it can help your bench if your bench grip is narrow.