Sweet Potato

I've been eating around half a kg of sweet potato every day for the past few days. 100 grams of sweet potato has something like 700% of your recommend vitamin A intake for the day.
It's a fat soluble vitamin so I'm just concerned I might be overdoing it.

Thoughts? I love this fucking vegetable, been eating oats for too long

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uqzt6D-77O4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vitamin A in sweet potatoes is in the form of beta-carotene, which your body has to convert to retinol. Once your body has enough retinol, it'll stop converting it, so there's no risk of toxicity. Also note that there's a loss of efficiency, as it converts beta-carotene to retinol at a rate of 1:6 or even less depending on your genes. So that 700% is only slightly above 100%. But with half a kilo you're getting more than enough.

Sweet potatoes are the most nutritionally complete foods btw. If you ate 2000 cals' worth of sweet potatoes, you'd only be lacking vitamin b12, selenium, vitamin K. I'd eat more of these if they didn't give me the shits.

btw it's a tuber not a vegetable.

actually, just plugged it into cronometer. you'd be lacking folate, vitamin k, selenium, zinc and vitamin d.

I love sweet pote.

Thank you my men.

Let us all get good gains from the based tuber

You might turn yellow eventually OP, but it's harmless. Same for carrots and squash. And beets can even turn you red, again it's harmless.

Actually it's a storage root (cambial growth around protoxylem and secondary xylem elements of an adventitious root resulting in swelling) not a tuber (swollen underground stem) you brainlet

I've been eating like 350g of them every day sooo...

too bad these fuckers have so little caories and carbs in them.

per
100 g
Energi (kcal) 85
Karbohydrater 20 g

Just eat roach milk crystals and be done with it.

Fucking tastes godly too.
I get these sweet potato fries and bake them, then douse then in pepper.
Lord almighty they are the best.

Sweet potatoes have a ton of calories brah. A huge one has like 500 cal

>most nutritionally complete food

I think you meant to say chicken livers.

Chicken livers+sweet potatoes=guaranteed to live long enough to see the second coming of Christ

100grams of sweet potatoe has 86calories and 20g of carbohydrates.

100g of white rice has like 300calories and 72grams of carbohydrates.

Do you understand?

t. brainlet

Good luck getting your 500grams of carbs a day eating sweet potato's.

Do y’all pay for that cronometer app? I’m not sure what other vitamins I need.

Cronometer is amazing.

Do you pay for it tho?

I pay for gold yeah. Well worth it.

Too much Vitamin A from sweet potstoes will make your skin orange temporarily.

>Not going tangerine mode

Ur insides r going like AAAAAAAAAAAAAA stop

post sweet potato recipes. I've been eating them out of the can and I bought some frozen sweet potato fries that probably aren't that good for you but taste delicious.

Also, can I freeze canned sweet potatoes in a ziplock bag after opening them?

Impossible to get Hypervitaminosis A from sweet potatoes. You get this problem if you eat any form of animal liver, thats why Hypervitaminosis A cases are either from vitamin a supplements or just eating meat.

I would gladly eat 500g of sweet potatoes everyday but shit is really expensive around here

No wonder adie looked so good

user BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=uqzt6D-77O4
Thanks, now i will be thinking of this song the whole day

>The gf prefers the black sweet potato over the regular orange ones

I mean I get that the purple ones feel more solid and dense than the orange ones, and is probably filled with even more beta carotine and carotinoids or whatever, but why must she refer to them as "black"? What does she mean by this?

yup this guy, a modified rot, not a modified stem, hence the amount of fiber in sweet potato

BLACKED