/fat/ POST HALLOWEEN SALE

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>previous

Other urls found in this thread:

calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html
youtu.be/AYYiqi2hWk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Confess to your Halloween sins and misgivings.

Instead of confessing your sins, how about telling us what you have done right today or in the past week?

Hello, i have been doing diet for 60 days now, 1000-1200 kcal only and i have only lost 5-6kg in total, 4 the first month aprox and 1-2 the last one month, how is that possible ? im 170 cm 5'7 went from 84 kg to 79 kg only wtf? why so slow ?

i did diet others time in which i lose 20kg much more faster why is so slow now ?im 30 yo ,

i run and bike 1 hour 2 times a week and 5 days lift

i ate 20 bite size butterfinger bars yesterday. i didn't go over my calorie limit, i just felt gross during and afterwards. after about 3 they stopped tasting good but i was compelled to keep eating.

i went to two halloween parties and drank a shitload + ate lots of pizza over the weekend but i've been back on my dieting shit strictly since sunday. i'm gonna keep it to one "cheat" (not necessarily even over my limit, but relatively unrestricted) day of drinking a week now. it's real tough to socialize without consuming calories

Go fucking kill yourself you fucking faggot

Get your queer shit out of here

Should be around 10kg with those calories? Holding onto water maybe or weighing self at wrong time. Also I think you're not going to make many gains on that many calories lifting 5 days

Is it normal to feel peckish / hungry now I'm eating really healthy?

Is it my body just getting used to eating loads of shit at different times?

This is not the reaction of a normal person.

*Not eating loads of shit

>Peckish
fellow britfag detected

i only lose 6kg in total which is very weird, others times i have lost much more

i train 3-4 days a week plus 2 of cardio and 2 of rest i think, depend of the week, i dont want gains now i just want to lose all fat, then i will eat more and train more efficiently, i weight myself in the morning a few weeks already and the weight was stuck in 80 for weeks besides of eat very low kcal, maybe water idk, i see myself better but not much yet

I've been trying to limit my baking. This time of the year I make these salted caramel sugar cookies. Last night I really wanted peach cobbler so I roasted some peaches with cinnamon. Better than I thought. Would have again.

Is this a good meal plan?

1 serving of instant oatmeal with one banana

120 cals worth of beef jerky

1 organic frozen Amy's burrito (rice and beans)

1 jerky again

Tons of water

I had a mini Kit-Kat yesterday. I also bought a pack of Skittles, but didn't eat those.

Can't find the qtddtot and this is actually relevant to /fat/ as well. I'm trying to lose fat at 2000 calories at day 6'1" 192 ish lbs, and I'm having a hard time getting in protein with that goal.

Today I ate like 4 lettuce wraps with a bunch of chicken, a salad with chicken on it, some protein shake 2 scoops, a slice of this pineapple flatbread at college, a burrito at college with just veggies, black beans and chicken, and a thing of some Greek yogurt.

I only got up to 140 grams of chicken but want to get to 1g/lb bw, what are protein snacks that are low calorie?

140 grams protein fuck

I'm really not good at eating a healthy diet.

I either just eat tons of garbage or end up eating like I did today for months and eat something like a couple of cans of tuna and three cookies.

No. You have basically 0 protein (your main source, jerky, is gonna be a bunch of fats and sugars in addition to the protein, and you're only eating 240 calories of it, that couldn't be more than 30g of protein). In addition to the oatmeal and burrito, I'm guessing you come in at 70g or less.

Scrap the whole thing and make these your priorities, in descending order
>1.25x your goal bodyweight (in lbs) of protein (in grams)
this isn't a hard number, it's just an estimate. The point is that you have enough protein so that your body doesn't eat your muscles away before it starts using up your body fat for energy
>carbs
energy for working out, try not to consume any more than you need (300 calories a day is more than enough while cutting, but it's up to you)

Those are the minimum, now everything else is optional and directly contributes to how much weight you lose vs. how comfortable you are losing it. If you're real, you'd stop here. If you want to cut longer but for the cut to be less painful, you can eat more.

Saw some lad on the telly make toast whilst I was cycling and decided to pop back home to indulge in some buttered toast. I eagerly slid 4 pieces into my gob before feeling ashamed of myself and then proceeded to make way back to the gym and carry on with my training.

Godspeed brothers

walk at least 6 miles every day this week, feelsgood

THats so much protein
125 X 1.25
Jerky is like 85% protein btw. It's tasty protein.

My friend's acne cleared up after going vegan, so I wanted to try that shit too. The problem is that I'm on a big deficit and need them protons - what would be some good plant sources?

It's fucking impossible to find any reliable information about it online, but I gather that it has to do with hormones in dairy and meat. Would it be okay to still eat eggs and some fish?

stfu normie gtfo reeee

Egg is hormone
eat seitan and beans

show me the nutrition label. If it's anything like the shit they have at gas stations, it's fatty and sugary. And ~160g of protein is not a lot, that's 640 calories, which is about 24oz. of chicken tenderloin (which is pure protein).

At the end of the day, what you do is up to you, I'm just telling you that you're plan isn't looking very good

I ate too much, and I felt bad.

I FELT BAD.

GONNA MAKE IT.

I had fried chicken with my mom for dinner but I didn't go over my maintenance so I'm not too bothered.

Two scoops is 30 grams of protein and 160 calories for whey 148 for casein which you should be taking for weight loss. Just mix it with water and not milk.

My mother had me buy her 10 lbs of candy because it was cheap after Halloween and I didn't eat any of it.
I'm so close to being under 200 lbs and losing 170 lbs. I have to push.

Ever since I started eating 180g-200g a day I've been taking massive loose shits that smell vile.

I think my body is still adapting to eating healthily.

Lost 13.5 pounds in October, and I only fucked up on two weekends out of the four. I'm working on reducing that number to zero so I can keep my steady progress going. So far I've lost 70 pounds total since late February. 100 by the end of this year is very feasible.

T. Super fatty, 246 pounds

Hello fat people. Did you enjoy gorging on candy corn and snickers? You fat fucks.

I've been steadily going down in weight for months now, but for the last two weeks, my weight loss has stagnated. I even gained a pound back last week, despite not eating anything different from the previous weeks. I'm so pissed, because I was that close to being below 230.

Is it due to muscle mass? Because I'm currently making noob gains at the gym.

Is it a pound of muscle or a pound of fat? I’m tired of explaining to “know if all fat fucks” that scale watching is horseshit and they need to monitor their body fat %.

But, most fat fucks think they already know it all. So I give up. Stay hungry, stay fat, and stay mad.

Only 3 weeks until Thanksgiving, /fat/.

You're not going to cheat on Thanksgiving, right?

I would never cheat on Thanksgiving. She's the only one I love.

No one likes gorging on candy corn. Eating candy corn is like torture.

its okay until you get anout five pieces in

If you’re serious then listen to me closely.

You need to be monitoring your body fat %. More so than what the scale says. All the scale tells you is what you weight at one moment in time. It doesn’t tell you how much fat you lost to how much muscle you gained or how much water you’re either retaining or lost.

I’ve said this before. It shouldn’t matter what you “weigh” as long as your body fat is under 20% and you’re happy with how you look.

You should tape yourself once a week and use the online calculator to see your TRUE progress of fat lose - and not rely on the meme scale.

Here’s how:

>Get a tape (like the ones a tailer uses).
>Tape your neck.
>Tape your waste (around the belly button, over the love handles.
>Plug the numbers into the following calculator:

calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html

Keep a record of your BF%. Remember that one pound of body fat weight veries depend on your weight (so scales do have *some* use). All you do is place a decimal point behind the first number: for example - if you weight 250 lbs than 1% of body fat is 2.5 lbs. Get it?

If they scale says you’ve only lost 2 pounds, but your body fat % dropped two points - then you have lost 5 lbs of fat (if you weight 250). So you’ve either added 3 pounds of muscles or you’re retaining some water. Either way the fact remains you’ve lost 5 pounds of FAT, which should be your main goal.

Here’s how you tape (yes you can do it yourself):

youtu.be/AYYiqi2hWk0

Note- you don’t need a self tightening tape. A regular tape will do.

It’s up to you. Keep watching the scale like a hawk and getting discouraged or start watching your fucking BF% and see what’s really going on. If you’re not losing inches over time, you’re doing something wrong. If you’re losing inches, but the fucking scale is telling you you’re not making gains. You can confidently tell the scale to fuck off.

I'm making all the foods and I'm going to enjoy it.
Turkey, stuffing, corn pudding, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy.
My biggest problem is I can't decide on what I want to make everyone for dessert. My fudgy dark chocolate brownies with pecans, a pumpkin cheesecake or a cheesecake of another kind? Nutmeg? Chocolate? Regular with a blueberry and cherry reduction?

I'm just not eating a lot leading up to it to make up for all the calories I'll be having. I didn't even have candy for Halloween.

>developed an awful rash last week
>haven't been able to go to the gym at all because of the itching, pain and scabs
>doctor has no idea what it is
>dermatologist has no open slots for another week and a half
end my life

probably going to avoid visiting my family to make sure I don't cheat.

Had a slice of cheesecake
Still 150 calories under my goal

yesterday I drank about 10 shots of vodka and black rum. Had several cups of rootbeer and ate some fastfood before.

Walked by a group of females today

Kept my head down the whole time and couldn't control my autistic riddled mind. They didn't laugh, they just looked at me like they're concerned why I'm so fucking anti social...

Not him but finally got around to doing this, so thanks. 24% BF here. Down to 151 from 185 around 4 months ago. Says I should lose about 9 more pounds, which is right around my soft goal. I wanna be at 140 or under by the end of the year.

Halloween isn't a thing in my third world country

And neither is Thanksgiving

Me here. Sounds like you’re doing mostly cardio. How tall are you?

I dont feel like working put tonight, Veeky Forums
Help motivate me

No. You’re minds already made up. You either want it or you don’t. That’s the cold hard truth.

5'6" manlet reporting in. Yeah, mostly cardio, but I practice on my pull-up bar often along with some basic bodyweight stuff.
I'm primarily interested in getting rid of the gut once and for all.

Not that guy, but there's nothing wrong with needing a push

Hmmm trying to get under 140 you’re a female? I disnt catch that at first. If you are then you need to add a third measurement: hips.

When you select “female” on the calculator it’ll prompt you for the hips measurement. You measure the same as the other two but include a measure around the hips, across the pelvis, around the butt.

Nope, just a manlet dude. We do have some grillz roll through here sometimes so that will be helpful for them. I'd say BF% monitoring is even more important for femanons.

Ok on that case just watch your BF% and don’t worry so much about the scale.

If you want increase your burn with cardio consider HIIT (high intensity interval training). Basically it’s:

>5 minute warm up
>30-45 seconds of hard sprint
>minute to minute and a half of cool down
Rinse and repeat for 25 to 30 minutes and follow up with a 5 minute cool down. Your destroy calories and will continue to burn throughout the day.

There’s an app called “Seconds” that you program for the HIIT you want. I think it costs a buck or two, but we’ll worth it. You can do HIIT on a treadmill, stationary bike, outside, etc. There’s a few YouTube videos that have more ideas.

Thoughts on calipers? I just checked my bodyfat percentage with the three skin method and it says I'm at 23% but if I do tape measure using the normal way it says I'm 27%. I've got a pretty big beer belly but my chest is pretty taught above the nipple. Still a little boobage below but that measurement came in at 7 mm. 204 5'11"

I should have done this before I started.

I’m modile typing sorry for typos.

Calipers are probably the most accurate outside of seeing your Doc. But, they’re kind of a pain in the ass to use. The tape method is what the Department of the Army uses and is pretty accurate and less difficult.

Start it now. It’s not too late.

Let me add. What makes calipers difficult is you squeeze too tight or not tight enough your numbers will be off. That’s always been my experience. If you use them right, then as I said before they’re pretty damn accurate. Most people aren’t “trained” on how to use them properly, which is why I push the tape method.

Oh yeah I will do. It has just been bothering me for the last month and a half since cutting calories below TDEE and beginning exercise that I haven't dropped much weight but yet can see definite changes in the mirror by now. That said losing that 3-4lbs that did show up has taken me from outside "healthy" BMI to just inside.

Indeed. This is exactly why I hate scale watching. If you have incorporated lifting in your program then you’ve surely added some muscle along the way.

What happens is people have a great program and diet in place, but the damn scale tells them their making little gains, so they freak out and either quit, or they starting fucking around with a perfectly good program/diet. IF they were watching their BF%, however, they’d see the amount of fat they’d actually lost - regardless of what the scale says. They’d know that their program is working just fine.

A lot more people fall into the scale trap than who don’t.

I could probably buy one of those tape measures at my nearby Walmart. I'll do that tonight. Thanks, user.

Here’s what you’re looking for.

GL bro.

Well it's not moving much even if I inflate the number up. If I add another 4 mm to my chest it only goes up by 1%. Still calipers say I'm average and tape measure method says I'm obese. I'm just not sure what to think. I mean I want to believe I'm at a healthy weight but just wear my fat in my gut. However that's probably not true. I mean this is a pic I just took and blacked my face and tats on. I'm not average yet. Fuck.

For those that don’t know here’s a good graphic of what BF%s look like.

ate roughly 15 pieces of mini candy today
almost certainly went over my calorie limit today
ate cheese fries yesterday
going to eat like crap when I go home this weekend to see family

fuck

Well going by your pic. It looks like you have a good deal of both visceral and subcutaneous fat around the abdomen and chest area. Are the 5’6 user?

Nah. I'm 204 lbs 5'11" which puts me at just inside barely overweight BMI from obese BMI. It's just confusing. Calipers say 23% so average, tape measure says 27% so obese, BMI says just barely not obese, and I look like I'm at 30% according to that picture. My calipers were 7mm chest, 43 mm abdomen, and 28 mm thigh.

Let me add. Like I said before the tape method is good enough for the Department of Defense. The Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force use it.

Going by your pic versus the graphic I posted about it appears the tape method is the more accurate in this case. As I said before the calipers are hard to use.

this chart is retarded

I don’t know bro. I learned the tape when I was active duty. I’ve used it with the people I’ve helped out here in the “real world” with much success. I’ve only used the calipers a hand full of times. Sorry, I don’t have an answer for you :-/

Care to elaborate or you just shitposting for the hell of it?

I guess I still have a lot more time to keep plugging away at this. Thanks for the help though guys. You fags are pretty cool.

Youre literally obese. You dont need to get taped to know this.

t. Army guy that gets taped because he lifts and fails height and weight because it doesn't take muscle into account.

Just did it, 19% BF apparently, thought it would be higher, measured multiple times but still got the same. Still look pretty flabby generally though, guess that is what you get from having no real muscle development due to working in an office and not exercising in a decade or so.

Post pic.

Yeah I fucking hate the height weight standards. How old are those fucking charts? If we all adhered to the “standard” we’d be an army of twigs.

Went to the doctor's today and my blood pressure seems to have gone down consistently. Went from 140+/85+ to an average of 121/72 over the last 3 visits after losing 80lbs. It feels nice

>4th day of my diet
>already 2kg down from starting weight
Can't wait for summer

It's water weight you dumb wog

I've had one meal a day for over a week and I think I can continue.been going down consistantly
feels good except for the nightly hunger

no , eggs are fucking eggs

great job user!

Doctor here. Thanks, you fat fuck. It really warms my heart to see patients that give a damn and actually try to not be pieces of shit anymore.

I scheduled my cheat month in encompass thanksgiving and christmas

Same user as here. I got a tape measure as suggested.

According to the measurements I got, my BF% is at about 32%. Sounds about right, I guess.

I'll keep checking it every week. Thanks again, anons.

>down almost 50 pounds from fasting
>btc investments from january are insane as coin just hit ath

getting richer and getting thinner, extra comfy

not fat but open letter to gainers:

why do you advertise yourselves to the world as rude, stupid, greedy, cruel gluttons?

there's no doubt you're gluttons, but other than that, on the contrary many of you strike me as polite, intelligent, charitable, and/or kind

i know i'm not your mother but i feel the need to say nonetheless that i don't think it's healthy for you to want so badly to please others and be desired that you're willing to degrade and hate on yourself, not to mention actively worsen your condition, for the sexual pleasure of a fringe group of strangers on the internet

even though i'm within that fringe group that gets off on seeing it, i say this with the utmost sincerity regardless

gainers stop gaining

wat

Already plotting low(er) cal additions to the family menu. I'll eat green bean casserole or something instead of the usual loaded mash taters and mac n' cheese.

real talk: if I were a woman low on cash and could make as much money as some of these gainers do by sitting in front of a camera and perma-bulking, I'd probably consider it just to get myself a decent payday for a bit...

its diff for everyone

What the fuck this is scary
I'm the same weight as you, started the same month, lost 70 pounds total, and lost 13 pounds last fucking month who the fuck are you

First halloween in my child/adult life that I didn't eat a single piece of candy.

feels weird man.

It felt good

This board is a joke. The only thread that isn’t full of retards is /plg/. I’m done with you losers.

neva gonna make it.