Look in the mirror

>look in the mirror
>think "hey im finally looking pretty good"
>pick up phone to take a picture
>look like shit through the screen

What is this shit?

The mirror flips your image so when looking at it with both eyes you're actually seeing two equal images flipped and compiled unto one, this improves your facial aesthetic composition and symmetry, making you appear significantly more attractive than you actually are. a photograph captures the way you actually look since it is one source and an unreflected composition..

What the actual fuck are you talking about?
The reason you're more attractive in the mirror is because you're used to it, and most cameras are shit and make you look worse

It depends on the light angle, your phone probably is not capturing it correctly.
I noticed that if you are getting light from the front, your muscles don't project shade in order to show fully your shape. Try getting pics without flash, and turn yourself in order to be enlighted from the side.

this

This happens with me when trying to take a picture of my face. I look noticeably worse than the mirror. Which one to girls see?

BOTH at the same tiem

sorry for ant size

Your mirror self is the one others see. At least, that's the closest you're gonna get.

Camera lenses can fuck up how you look pretty easily. The problem is, however, how are you gonna get sick pics of yourself I'd the camera always lies?

Same shit with my face
People say im handsome and get mires, but in pics i look weird and ugly

Just take a 3d photo and it'll be like the mirror you

Seems legit user, but I would need the source of this though.

We are ugly, user

Source you faggot.

It's complete and utter bullshit. How would an object that reflects light 1:1 somehow copy and reflect only one side of an image made of light waves?

>Im uglier than i thought...

As long as most individuals one interacts with in real life also compile two images, i think this should be the benchmark.

underrated

Which one would be a cellphone camera?

thats the dumbest shit ive read in some time

For iPhone 7 it is 28/32mm

if you are good looking there is no need to lift

Well this is Veeky Forums so I was kinda expecting such answers.

He's right you know.
Hence so many bitches take mirror selfies. It's the one thing their brain was able to process and Understand

/thread

this is either good bait or this person is clinically retarded

That doesn't make any sense, why would you ever be receiving two images? Also, if you aren't perfectly symmetric and the two images are flipped and then "compiled", fuck it why am I even taking this bait seriously I need to get a fucking life

Lads don’t listen to this stupid faggot

What you see in the mirror is how people perceive you. If you think you look good, chances are you do. Don’t let some virgin on the internet tell you otherwise.

could be a few things, including
-light color temperature: color temp 6500K such as fluorescent makes you look pale and sickly, 6500K sunlight is how you look on the street on an average day.

-light angle is different: 3/4 or other angled lighting accents contours making you look more sculpted, direct overhead or diffused lighting is how you would more usually look to others, all other lighting is pure shit and should be avoided.

for both of these reasons don't take your picture in front of your PC monitor or anywhere else dumb.

-lens distortion: cameras, especially phone cameras with tiny lenses often have barrel distortion making you look bloated, weird, misproportioned etc. if the lens is too close (like an arm's length). wide aperture settings (anything much wider than about f/8) also cause some distortions. you can correct lens distortion in a photo editor like photoshop or lightroom if you can find your phone camera's distortion profile.

-used to looking/distorted self-estimation: if you're used to thinking about your appearance in a certain way and in a certain regular situation (same mirror, same place every day), you're not seeing unbiased information. you're also overrating your appearance because you're happy with your gains. seeing it through a different frame might cause your mental model of your own body to collapse due to updated information, making you look wrong to yourself.

-seeing your face and body symmetry correctly: if your main understanding of how you look comes from a mirror then the features you think are on one side of your body are actually on the other. hence if you compare your photo image to the memory of how you looked in the mirror, it's going to look weird unless you're used to looking at both.

it might just be that you really don't look too good though. just experiment with a camera.

sounds a lot like HAES

>being self-confident about your face is the same as pretending that being a 300lb ball of fat is healthy

Okay user

makes sense

>rejecting others unbiased facts and explanations in favor of your own misguided interpretation
>not like HAES

When you see yourself good
>How far you've come
When you see yourself bad
>How far you still have to go

>an user claiming a camera only captures ‘one half of the light’ that reflects off your body and is therefore more accurate than a mirror is an unbiased fact

Okay user

No, I don't want to believe

it's funny to see how much anons try to twist facts and even telling carefully convincing lies just to attack other peoples insecurities.

Makes me sometimes wonder if this can even be percieved as trolling and not a psychological disorder

Mum and other family members call me handsome but every girl I meet at bars think I look sub-bar

10/10

This reminds me of
>Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

you ask the women and they say this to you? or are you just assuming?

what if i look at the mirror with one eye closed?