PL is a joke

Powerlifting is just a fucking joke.
Squatting should have no knee-wraps or wrist-raps. Bench is the worst. You should be forced to grip the bar just above the shoulders, no fucking arch, feet should be in front of the knees, and legs should not be spread apart. Deadlifts should be without wraps, and no more than hip width stance. It is just such a joke, and an over exaggeration on technique. Powerlifting should be more about strength, not "technique". When I see a fucking 170 lbs manlet "bench ie unrack" 500 lbs I just roll my eyes. And don't get me started on regulation squat "depth". Everyone is on roids anyway.

They should do a new Powerlifting sport, with OHP, Real Squats(tm), Conventional aand sumo deadlifts. Also weighted chin-ups. More fair to judge.

kys

kys

lol ur a faggot op nobody wants to read your bitching

I agree. Olympic weight-lifting is where it's at.

agreed
fat faggots who want to be "athletes"

To be fair, you have to have a very high natural testosterone level to master the sport of powerlifting. The technique is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical biomechanics most of the cues will go over a typical lifter's head. There's also Jim Wendler's Nietzschean outlook, which is deftly woven into his writings - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Kaufmann's radical reading of Jenseits von Gut und Böse: Vorspiel einer Philosophie der Zukunft, for instance. The powerlifters understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these aphorisms, to realize that they're not just inspiring- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike powerlifting truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Arnold's existencial adage "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping",which itself is a cryptic reference to Schopenhauer's epic Die Welt als Wille und Vorstellung. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated DYELs doing quarter squats in the Smith machine as Louie Simmons's genius unfolds itself in the power rack right next to them. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a barbell tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that their total is within 5 pounds of mine (preferably lower) beforehand.

>hey should do a new Powerlifting sport, with OHP
Ever wonder why it was discontinued in the Olympics after 1972?
Fuckers started bending back and doing the Double Bounce® Press™ using leg drive. Made it a joke.
The strict overhead press, now that's something I can get into.
But otherwise, most of powerlifting is a shitshow circus. Olympic lifting is vastly superior and has actual athletes.

Woo wee
That's a spicy pasta

Powerforklifters are disgusting

>They should do a new Powerlifting sport, with OHP, Real Squats(tm), Conventional aand sumo deadlifts. Also weighted chin-ups. More fair to judge.
>a strength sport where every lift has people sperging over technique
pls stop

Ironically I agree with both of you. Powerlifting has become this weird subculture of lifting is just inferior to Olympic lifting in every sense of the word.

>deadlifts should be no more than hip width stance
>conventional aand sumo deadlifts
What did he mean by this?

I challenge anyone in this thread talking shit about powerlifting to try an actually high volume type powerlifting program. Literally one of the hardest things I ever did was make the transition to powerlifting. The overreaching phase of it literally broke me down and made me a man, seriously you faggots talking down on PL have no idea what it's like to be so overreached and fatigued you're crying during your squat sets

I challenge you to try anything besides a pussy PL program.

Post your stats and your physique so we can all laugh

legit PL is cool as fuck and makes you aesthetic. only in the higher weight classes do you see the fatties. obviously all wraps, straps, suits etc are totally retarded.

pic related, jonnie candito, a typical lighter weight PL body.

Spoken like a true jabroni that has been "powerlifting" for six months and has a sub-1200 lbs total.

oly is obviously god tier but who has time for that? those guys train with insane frequency and sometimes train for multiple hours per day.

PL is easier and its fun to throw around heavy weights. its a cool hobby provided you don't go full retard and get fat or injure yourself

What if it wasn't about 1 rep maxes but 10 reps?

>Fuckers started bending back and doing the Double Bounce® Press™ using leg drive. Made it a joke.

Right? Good thing bench press is super legit though. It's not at all a some half-repped, badly judged, upper body leg press equivalent .

this

started renaissance periodization 2 months ago and that shit is relentless. up to 10 sets of squats every day at rpe 10 for every set failure is a fucking religious experience.

PL is hard shit, way harder than brosplits and PPL and shit.

Kek I really have only been doing PL for 6 months, seriously though dude this shit is much harder than I anticipated .

Dude, im gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fcking pathetic and digusting compared to my workout. and Im being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont do squat workouts from rippletoes website. youre a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that worksout, does curls and dips and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking poverty squat session on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking phaggot.

>10 squats at RPE 10

patellar tendonitis incoming

>"waaaahhhh manlets and little girls are stronger than me so I feel compelled to whine about it" - the post

>sumo deadlifts
You were doing do well too... it's a shame this bit of faggotry made it in your post.

The real redpill is crossfit > powerlifting

That's the sport. Because all strength is specific, it's impossible to have an objective measure of strength. If you don't like it, don't compete in the sport. No one cares.

When you've sobered up come back with a decent argument you drunk. I piss on your wretched post

My knees are fine. The big killer is the 20 sets of RDLs.

are candito's programs any good? i looked over them and they seemed pretty solid but I'm a DYEL so i wouldn't know

Only pl league I follow is ipf raw. Rest are fucking jokes

sounds like the perfect way to completely snap your shit up. the fate of all powerlifters

You're confusing raw with equipped again.

>everyone faps to Bugenhagen's jefferson deadlifts
>BUT SUMO IS CHEATING REEEEE
LMAO at you retard

Yeah.