Ivan the Terrible

What was Ivan the Terrible’s ethnic background? I don’t think he was Russian (none of the Tsars were Russian by ethnicity if I’m not mistaken). He has kind of an evil mongoloid look to him and that would explain his savage fits of anger. Anyone?

Attached: 25394AFB-01C0-4B85-B55D-AAF9B96A4F8F.jpg (616x771, 126K)

you know that’s not an actual portrait right

Can you just answer my question smart ass?

It is an actual portrait faggot

Screenshot from Wikipedia

Attached: DF68537D-CB12-4D43-8F1D-4679B757F963.png (750x1334, 2.05M)

it was painted 300 years after his reign you colossal retard.

The romanovs were less Russian because they intermarried with other European royalty but Ivan was a Rurik and was entirely Russian

He was a Rurik so originally Varangian but mixed with a few other royal bloodlines. His mother was a Tatar and descended from a Mongolian ruler named Mamai and his grandmother on his father's side was Byzantine Greek of the house of Palaiologos.

The Tatar family his mother was from, was already mixed. They were Lithuanian and christianized, and his maternal grandmother was a full-blooded Serb. So yeah if you look at Ivan's grandparents: Varangian, Tatar, Serb, Greek. Pretty cool.

remember when that nigga beat his kids kid while he was in the womb, Classic Ivan

He was black

The Virgin Kazan Tatar and the Chad Ivan

Wasn't his mom a Serb?

No, she was a Tatar-Mongol, with a Serb Mother herself.

>mutt
>pretty cool
Pick one

Attached: 1519101939236.png (800x800, 84K)

>1897

I just meant it's interesting. And yes, many nobles back then were 'mixed' Get your modern identity/race politics the fuck out of history.

>Muh pure heritage!
Fuck off Charles.

Attached: 1509948704957.png (400x400, 13K)

>mutt

>Poltard not realizing what the universal laws of noble blood were before muh late 19th century nationalism.

based Vasnetsov

>russian
>scandinavian/varangian
>greek(byzantine)
>serb
>tataro-mogol

You do realise most of noble/monarchy families were "mutts"?
Even the fucking bong Windsors have some moor/arab blood from spain if you look further into their family tree.
"Foreign blood" didn't matter much because in the end, they have blue blood unlike the common pleb like you.