/FAST/ NO SNAKE FAGGOTS BECAUSE I SAID SO EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wMaB5Scagww?t=391
academic.oup.com/aje/article-abstract/doi/10.1093/aje/kwx345/4582884?redirectedFrom=fulltext
youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg
mashable.com/2017/11/02/silicon-valley-fasting-eating-disorders/#xP1MjirIbaqy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First reply for fasted sneezes

>Didn't eat since yesterday evening( it's 13:00 right now)
>Had workout and cardio
>Still don't want to eat

Feeling fine tbqh, no hunger, no lightheadedness. What the fuck is even happening, i didn't even plan to fast.

>25 hours

Time for bed soon brahs. Hopefully I can sleep...

This is the magic of getting fully adjusted to fasts and getting a taste of what being a caveman was like

I've been only to fast for 12-14h, is this still fine?

how can you only fast for 14 hours?
12 hours is, at a small scale, medically significant, but that's lame by /fast/ standards

Daily reminder trf kills test

Nigger we have 2 links in the OP try harder and if not go back to your kneeless vegan threads

I'm a /fast/ing high carb vegan.

AHAHAHAHAHAH
FUCK OUTTA HERE BITCHBOI

THIS IS A CARNIVORE THREAD

What the hell are you screeching about?

reminder that breads, grains, and vegetables will have higher levels of PAHs and nitrates than ANY meat ever could

reasonably sure he called you a frail bitch (correct) and then told you to take your palor, and gauntness; and to get out of here because this is a thread for the righteous

Lost alot of weight on OMAD, feeling good

Any tips on increasing blood pressure while fasting? I have hilariously low BP (in the 'low' levels while fully fed and doing nothing strenuous) and every time I get to the 20ish hour mark I start to feel light headed and lose feeling in my extremities, so I have to eat since i have a history of passing out. I'm looking to do a 24-36 hour fast, but any tips on raising my BP during it?

Did 8/16 for two weeks and switched to 4/20 for the past week. I definitely see the fat loss and I generally feel OK. Having said that, two days now I've started getting dizzy while working out, which I guess is due to low sugar levels. How do you guys counteract this issue?

youtu.be/wMaB5Scagww?t=391

Drink lots of hibiscus tea.

The pussy answer is talk to a doctor but you can also just take some salt.

asked this in the previous thread:

I'm doing 21-3 IF. I work out every other day and have higher carbs on lifting days. Has anyone here tried zero or very low carb on rest days? My thinking was that I would keep my insulin levels low and spend more time in a fasted state. Feels good so far.

started Snake Diet yesterday desu. Feeling good

Get the snake oil faggots off my /fast/, REEEEEEEEEE!!!

>get the best fasting way out of fasting thread

It is objectively inferior to straight water fasting.

inferion in what way?

>fasting
>keto
>nofap
send help

You're about to meet Jesus my dude, he's coming

Longterm water fasting yields better results, but if you are eating OMAD, just call it that. Don't use that pale nigger's branding term for something he didn't invent or discover.

I see you have no idea what Snake Diet is

Are you talking about that literal snake oil called "snake juice"? FFS, that's even worse.

how is that worse? You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Its prolonged fasting and the "snake juice" is just water with electrolytes so you dont feel like shit

anyone bulk using lean gains method fasting? any thoughts or tips?

No snakes, no breakfast.

Don't use that faggot's branding, then.

I will use whatever I want and you need to read a book nigger. You keep talking about things while not knowing anything about them.

>in fact, breads and cereals contribute the highest amount of PAHs to the average person's diet

Is that because they contain more PAHs or because the average person eats a fuckton more breads and cereals compared to grilled/charred meat?

When doing OMAD, when do you guys eat you meal? Before or after gym? Do you still take protein before and after thise 2 hours in the gym?

I drink green tea and mate since i was very young, it is allowed to drink such beverages on a fasting day?

I fast for like 17 at a time. Anything less and it's fucking weak

I can't wait to start cutting and do a 5/2 split. 2 30 hour fasts per week

Fairly new to /fast/. Been doing 20-4 a lot lately and have done a couple 36 hour water fasts and one 48 hour.

Just wondering about vitamins. Usually I take a multi, fish oil, pumpkin oil, saw palmetto, and biotin. I haven't had any issues with these effecting my stomach when not taken with food so far, but I've heard the effectiveness drops when not taken with food (you basically just piss it right out) and I would assume this would only be amplified while in a fasted state. Am I just wasting money taking vitamins while fasting, particularly the two oils?

I'm also concerned about the calories in the oils. Each capsule has 10 calories per. I've heard under 50 calories is nbd, but if I fast consistently I don't want to mess fasts up even a little bit especially if I'm barely absorbing.

So should I only take vitamins when I'm breaking a fast when doing 20-4 and not take them on longer fasts without food? Should I take the dry vitamins and skip the oils?

Just do potassium, salt, and magnesium. Zinc if you want for your short and long fasts. Take the oils when you eat again

Can I still eat my boogers when fasting?

if you ingest protein than forget about maintaining low insulin since they are proven to spike it in similar fashion as carbs but probably depends on source (whey with water will create rather sharp increase in comparison to chicken meat)

Completed 24h
I just was to eat some peanut butter, it's keto right?

Lol, no. Pretty weak willed senpai.

God just cucumbers and peanut butter
I'm not even fat, I just want to lose skinnyfat status

>steroids

I'm trying out zerocarb and EOD right now
I have more than enough energy for lifting days followed by HIIT, I'm kinda chubby tho so it may just be keto coming out in force

Gluceoneogenesis knocking people out of keto is bullshit, read anything by shawn baker or amber o'hearn

Eat a shitton, carnivore preferred, Shawn baker eats over 5 pounds of ribeye a day, lifts, holds lifting records, and stays pretty damn leadn at the age of 50, pic related

academic.oup.com/aje/article-abstract/doi/10.1093/aje/kwx345/4582884?redirectedFrom=fulltext

Hey /fast/ ^.^ hope you guys are exercising!

>NO SNAKE FAGGOTS

BEING THIS MUCH OF A FAT FUCK
youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg

first of all i dont need to read anything from two people you have quoted (no offense), amber is in no way associated with any medical degree or even 'dietician' title, just a computer scientist who stumbled into nutrition territory and knows very little about it beyond 'her' journey, on the other hand baker seems to have a md. degree yet everything i google about him literally screams 'meme' and his interviews are in some clickbait-tier sites so i ll pass again , still no offense. Now back to the topic:
>Gluceoneogenesis knocking people out of keto is bullshit
first of all i never said it does nor i mentioned gluconeogenesis, you simply assumed this, you need to grasp how endocrine system works.What i said is that by ingesting protein you WILL spike insulin since not only simple sugars do but also proteins or rather certain amino acids.Now you have to remember that if insulin is increased it downregulates everything else as hormonal response and there is no avoiding it.Since insulin IS one of body most anabolic hormones it shifts balance from catabolism into anabolism either you want it or not, either you HAVE sugar in blood or not, BUT, since there is nothing in your bloodstream to store (in case of fast, if you are doing keto then fat goes into fat cells while protein are turned into sugar) you place your body into brief (around 2-4h depending on your insulin turnover) state of catabolic limbo until it returns to its basal fasted state.Gluconeogenesis is inefficient way of our body to create sugar from proteins (in case of food abundance) and does not happen as abruptly to create insulin spike on its own as ingestion of pure sugar, its a linear progress.

I've been on OMAD for a while. Didn't even know it was considered fasting. Can I not eat Saturday and Sunday (48 hours) and end up fine as long as I take muh vitamins and iodine?

I have failed you. I ate three spoonfuls of peanut butter and 2 avocadoes

Way too much salt and not enough lemon juice. The potion doest have to taste like shit

Make sure you get enough sodium and potassium as well.

Will I lose all my muscles?

there is no failure
try again

didnt even bother to watch the video but why the hell would you need some mixture for a fast?i went on 5 days fast drinking water and eating salt, why would you bother trying to complicate things?does it help?

goin for a 3 day dry fast
yolo

You got BTFO faggot.

Ignore the moron. Even if what he says is true it doesn't even come close to outweighing all the positives to eating plants. There are far more negatives to eating animal products.

>tfw you're a /fast/bro but everyone else in here is a ketard lunatic

Currently on day 2 of fast. I'm getting slightly increased heart rate, feeling super lethargic and definitely hungry. Is this normal?

Holy fucking shit what an assblasted manlet

Your body is screaming for carbs right now.

I need serious, serious motivation to fast for a week this month. I just really need a boost toward my bday goals. I want to be attractive by my bday. What can I do to prepare?

All my best motivation just comes from being honest with myself. See if any of this applies to you.
>I'm objrctively disgusting when naked
>I have nobody to come home to
>I don't like myself for what I've allowed myself to turn into
>I interpret my overweight past as a characte flaw
>very, very lonely.

a 5 day fast will kill every and any potential precancerous cells in your body, will kill your old senscent immune and possibly even organ cells and thusly regenerate them, you will reduce your fasting insulin levels, your liver will start to regenerate and your brain will clean itself out of bad cells and junk proteins that can cause ALS, MS, and alzheimers

good luck user!

Also, huge as HGH boost

Aside from that
>1/1/2017 : 250
>11/2/2017 : 203.4
Paused a bit over the last few months, stable at 210, goal is 180 by 1/1/2018. My new years resolution is to love myself senpai.

>
>
>
>
>

bit of widely available knowledge hurt your feefees?get a grip.

Fucking ASCII checkboxes aren't showing up. :[

I like to toot the ganj, how do I stop the munchies duing my fasting period?

>senscent immune

What's that?

You sperged out and wrote a thesis whereas I was simply helping an user on his /fast/ing journey. There's a lot of information out there and information and paradigms change, it has already been recently proven that protein intake from meat does NOT significantly spike blood glucose and the introduction of insulin is dependent on the content of the meal consumed, and assuming keto, not a big deal.
You said that user would not be able to maintain a low-insulin state doing ZC or keto along with IF, which is false because keto alone can cause a 71% reduction in insulin, spiking only at meals, which is not a big deal. When user leaves that spike and goes back into a fasting state, he claims a 90% total reduction insulin level.

also
>writing off people that take control of their health and have a professional job crunching numbers and are pursuing medical doctorates like O'hearn
>writing of S Baker because you're too lazy or possibly ignorant to actually read related materials and then form an opinion

This is why you're a medical industry shill here to derail these threads and we're all greek pantheon-level beings

Hitler dubs of truth

As you get older, more and more cells start becoming defective at either killing themselves or cleaning themselves out, so they stick around as junk in the body.
In the modern Standard american diet, there is too much food and sugar intake for the body to ever settle down into a fasting state and engage in macro-cellular processes, which means that you have an overabundance of useless cells that are hindering the best you. Most often times, you will find junk in the brain and certain organs.
The most visible affects of autophagy on senescence is when, after a 3 day fast, a human body can potentially halve it's number of current immune cells, and engage stem cell production to produce newer and fresher ones.
This is currently being investigated as an adjunct to chemo therapy, and provides a lot of resilience to disease post-chemo; 3 day fast also helps mitigate healthy cell damage during the process

Protein doesn't raise blood glucose levels but it does raise insulin levels

Stop smoking, degenerate.

oh wow you really showed me, I'll change now. Faggot

Point being, degenerate, is you can't stop the munchies... so stop the thing that causes the munchies.

Can I drink tea while fasting if I don't add anything to it?

Yes, and coffee

Thanks!

Why is that Thomas DeLauer video in there when he's incorrectly representing how fasting works? You don't suddenly exit a fasted state for extremely minor amounts of energy input, it requires a significant amount energy to break out of the fasted state yet this guy is acting like milk in your coffee is going to do it which is not the case.

Ketosis is not the same as fasting

He's trying to find a way to make a buck off this new (not really new at all) trend of fasting. He can't just say "don't eat, drink a lot of water", he has to sell snake t-shirts, some bizarre recipe for Snake Oil? and hell maybe even a book deal.

I'm on day 3 of fasting and feeling quite nauseous, is this normal? Anything I can do to alleviate the feeling?

hey, so I was going to do 5:2 (for weight loss), but now I'm almost finished my 2 day fast and I was wondering if it's dangerous to just eat one meal then do another 2 day fast straight afterwards, is this sustainable and healthy long-term?

Proud of you user, almost 50 pounds. How did you do it?

What are the long term side effects of fasting?

FASTING IS RACIST AND SEXIST

"The connection between achievements and food and eating is very alarming," says Claire Mysko, CEO of the National Eating Disorders Association.

It also threatens to alienate employees from diverse backgrounds who may view short-term starvation as accessible only to people who don't have to put dinner on the table for children every night, never missed meals because they couldn't afford to eat, or don't mind regularly sacrificing their cultural ties to food and communal meals.

The connection between Silicon Valley-style fasting and disordered eating might not seem obvious, but that's because our go-to stereotype of the latter involves a rail-thin young white woman. The men who champion fasting, on the other hand, cast it as an ambitious science experiment in which you meticulously track biomarkers of optimum health like insulin and blood glucose. The gendered contrast is striking to some, particularly since women looking to lose weight have long known about and tried fasting diets.

"If this were women sharing the same tools, we would say [intermittent fasting] is disordered eating — if not flat-out eating disorder behavior," says Andrew Walen
Walen says "gender ambivalence" keeps people from recognizing that men frequently experience eating disorders — they just often manifest differently compared to women.

mashable.com/2017/11/02/silicon-valley-fasting-eating-disorders/#xP1MjirIbaqy

I started Lifting because a friend invited me to the gym in July, and I started fasting. Prior to that I managed losing 10lbs just by quitting soda and eliminating trash from the diet. Sugar was never a problem aside from soda when I drink because I really like bourbon and coke, but I still drink an occasional beer. After I started fasting I dropped 30lbs pretty quick over the course of a few months... so imo the whole deal about "fix your diet" is a fucking meme as long as you're not a glutton. Stabalized for a month or so to see how easy it would be to maintain weight, and OMAD works pretty well for that. Back on th downward trend this last week. "No Food November" pushing for 180... and I'm planning on not traveling home for Thanksgiving.

tl:dr
Literally fasting will fix you, and despite how difficult fasting is... its infinitely easier than any of the other shit I've tried over the last 15 years.

Humanity was a mistake

Probably not, your body is likely just purging toxins. Make sure you're getting enough water.

I am looking at this woman's twitter and it all some liberal triggered articles from places like vox

>Hugh Jackman told Men’s Fitness as far back as 2013 that he was on an intermittent fasting plan called the “8-Hour Diet Plan,” and that’s how he got his badass body for Wolverine.

I did not know this. This is pretty interesting I wonder what his marcos were

man, your post is exactly me too.

>X is bad because WHITE PEOPLE