Is strongman just crossfit for obese people?

Is strongman just crossfit for obese people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oM_dLXKpf9c?t=83
startingstrongman.com/2015/11/10/the-science-of-strongman-how-heavy-is-the-car-deadlift/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More like CrossFit for strong people

FPBP

Hyped to see this year's WSM.

i love eddie

This

Why are strongmen competitions so fucking fun to watch?

It's kind of like a monster truck rally but with humans instead, completely undignified freak show degeneracy.

Are they lifting propane tanks? That's YUGE

I wish they would go back to lifting shit like small sedans and refrigerators.

People have a concept as to how heavy that shit is.
Tell someone you can lift 200 pounds over your head and they'll look at you crosseyed or just say that sounds like a lot
Lift up the back of a small sedan and put it over your head and people will tell the tale for years.

that's what your mom said last night when I was fucking her in the butthole

Cause they are somewhat relatable to real life. Everyone at some point in their lives carried too much groceries in one go and seeing those freaks walk around with 300lbs in each hands just makes you wonder.

Brainlet

>Why are strongmen competitions so fucking fun to watch?

>Fucking OPs mom in butthole from behind
>Getting really into it
>she tilts her head back
>Lean in to see what she has to say
> "I wish they would go back to lifting shit like small sedans and refrigerators.

People have a concept as to how heavy that shit is.
Tell someone you can lift 200 pounds over your head and they'll look at you crosseyed or just say that sounds like a lot
Lift up the back of a small sedan and put it over your head and people will tell the tale for years."
> Uh, yea, ha-ha. Me too.

yah this one

>i have refined tastes when it comes to what i watch like rick and morty.

>straps

doesn't count

>straps don't count

Spotted the elitist Powerlifter

When I was younger and bored with free television I would watch these competitions because Savickas would comment on the recorded video and share behind the scenes and how it felt and explain everything

Of these guys went on a cut until they were sub 10 percent bf what would they look like?

Eddie would look like a tall dworf
Z would look like a Marvel movie supervillian

To be fair, you have to have a very high Wilks score to understand strongman

This was his first cut. Here is newer picture from his FB

I mean his form was bad when he took that picture. Maybe that is max size but he has better lifts than in your picture

because they are literal superhuman giants
meanwhile crossfit is just full with little manlet faggots. Though, there are hot roidfus but it still sucks compared to strongman

wew

deep as fuck m8

Post more strongman webms

moar

I can make more at short notice. Are there any particular athletes or events you'd like to see?

not him but I like the ridiculous ones much more than the usual deadlifts or presses

Yes

Can anyone find that video of the ding carry from WSM a couple years back in China? Severely constitpated and can't leave the shitter and iPad YouTube is retarded. Basically they had to pick some 300+ lb huge as replica of an ancient Chinese pot and carry it for distance.

The big three
Hafthor, Shaw and hall

Actually I bet he looks pretty decomposed by now topkek dyel.

dubs check'd also this

How's this?

This fucking awesome kek

dominating Thor's Hammers nice

Back to /b/ with you dubs bullshit.

This is absolutely fucking terrifying. I can just imagine the throw arc getting fucked and hitting him in the head, or the weight hitting the top bar and bouncing back onto him.

This thread has got me so hyped lads, I forgot how fun these things are to watch. When is the next World's Strongest Man anyways?

Next year, but the 2017 edition should hit TV screens around Christmas.

that crowd is pretty sad

these used to be pretty big in the 90s I remember on ESPN2

where the hell is this competition located? it looks like it's in some venus project-esque utopia.

Magnus VerMagnussen was a god amongst men. Strongman in the late 90's was solely responsible for motivating me to the gym

The 2015 edition was in Malaysia, if I recall correctly. The last two have been in Botswana, for whatever reason.

moi ap

Thank you user
Pls post more

Do you prefer moving events over static lifts?

That's the same thing, brainlet.

I don't think it's possible to insult someone's intelligence if you actually have any wojak or pepe derivative memes on your hard drive.

post the "imagine her doing that on my dick" screencap lmao

Imagine her doing that on your dick.

>Train for strength
>End up chasing MUH PR all your life with only fellow bears mirin

>Train for aesthetics
>Don't have to chase for anything because everything is thrown at you

How will strengthfags recover?

Watch some Highland games they have event where you stick knives to your shoes so you can stab yourself in the ground and throw a 22 lb hammer. They also have an event where they use a pitchfork and chuck bales of hay in the air. Highland games and strongman is beyond based

but i'm a twink and i'm mirin strongmen more than aesthetic fags
n-no homo

>not filling the scoup up all the whey
never gonna make it

Don't you think Pudzianowski was a bit of both?

I love you keep going user
Godspeed

youtu.be/oM_dLXKpf9c?t=83
Starts at 1:23

I picked up WSM right about the time Magnus Ver Magnusson won his 2nd title.

Followed it through the dethroning of Pudzianowski.

Amazing stuff.

how heavy are those tires?

lmao that event was such a shit show

It's Crossfit except not fucking stupid and not full of absolute DYELs.

Very well.

no strongman is actually an impressive display and they're only fat for the comp

tfw a little girl can squat better than you

Awesome, how about some death lifts

Reps or max?

I figured CrossFit was just strongman for flyweights.

this is absolutely terrifying
what fucking purpose does this exercise serve other than being a fucking circus act?

>train for aesthetics
>never work for anything because every drug is thrown up your asshole
Ftfy

It's a test of strength aka real world application. Sure you can deadlift 700lbs but can you apply that strength in a meaningful way besides the deadlift? That's the point of strongman a mix of pure raw static strength couple with athleticism, endurance and technique

>1:36
"AAAARRRGGGHH!!! MOTHERFUCKER!!!!"
t. Bill "Motherfucking" Kazmaier

God, this guy. Maybe someone came along who was stronger. But nobody will ever match the the sheer nuts of Kaz.

Strongman literally started as a circus act

Here's a madman for you.

Has anyone died from that yet?

Not as far as I know, but I remember Hafthor Björnsson trying to catch a failed one on the way down some time ago.

that...
hey that actually kind of makes sense

Holy shit what a madman. Someone is probably going to die to that eventually, which is a shame because a lot of those guys are pretty cool dudes.

You're more likely to die from being a bitch than they are from kettle bell tossing.

Maybe, but seeing some dudes head cave in from that on tv would be pretty bad.

I'm very high and find this very hilarious.

Except that strong people are harder to kill as well as being more useful in general.

Goddamn I'd love to strong enough to lever deadlift a car.

I was just wondering what the equivalent standard deadlift weight would be and found this:

startingstrongman.com/2015/11/10/the-science-of-strongman-how-heavy-is-the-car-deadlift/

In case anyone else is interested.

Compare it to this year's podium.

That is one ugly motherfucker.

Why not just roll them

that's so fun to watch but why not put a watermelon where it lands just for shigs?