What makes lifting good?

Every time I try to exercise (bodyweight), I hate every second of it. Is it the wrong mindset? What makes it feel good for you?

When I add weight, and get strong enough to add more

idk i hate bodyweight exercises too

Same. Love the gym but can't motivate myself to do anything bodyweight beside pull ups.

progress

it's fun to get better!

Most of the things worth doing feel like shit after a while, once you realize how low on the tree you are, and how far ahead you can go before you see a "decent results". Once you reach your first milestone, once you look in the mirror
and say "well, this is how human should look like" once you get first compliments from men and women, once you realize that women that ignore and avoid interaction with other men, actually go out of their way to talk to you and they smile a lot and often try to touch you during the conversation, once you wake up and feel strong and healthy and you know you feel like that only because you actually are strong and healthy - that's what makes it feel good for me, that's why people go to gym, and that's what it will make it feel good for you.

So git good

>Love the gym but can't motivate myself to do anything bodyweight beside pull ups

KEK what do you love about it then? Just hanging around the machines? Observing neon signs? Walking around in shorts? Being able to tell people how your going to gym even though you never display any results?

It doesn't feel good to me. Every day is a grind.

I do it anyway. Look up the word "grit."

It's not pleasure, it's satisfaction from seeing your strength increase

He does exercises with weights you dumbo!

He obviously new and you're going full imperial blockade that gets destroyed by 10 x-wings with plot armor in season four of rebels gtfo

quality post

When I go to the gym it's not to feel good, it's to achieve my goals.

Do you train to have fun or get results?

this was actually what I needed right now, thanks user

agree with all of this. Also I was never the person to care about music before I started going to the gym, it was just background noise for me. Now I spend time developing a workout playlist that pumps me up, ive never thought of music as a hobby before lifting

Good luck!

>Beating records gives me a dopamine rush, like most humans.
>There’s other hormonal and psychological advantages to exercise.
>I look better because of it.

This shit isn’t rocket science, dude.

>bodyweight
Fuck that, hate it for some reason. Weights give something to grab onto and expel the rage.

>What makes it feel good for you?
Endorphins during cool down, and how trivial aesthetics make what would otherwise be stressful human mating rituals.

Exercise in and of itself is miserable, sometimes painful, always suffering. But that's how you improve. That's the entire point.

>What makes it feel good for you?
I get stronger
My body looks better
I feel proud of myself
Other people tell me I look good

It just works

Pain and outlifting anyone in the gym because they looked down on you when you were a beginner and suddenly they can't keep up with you so you now look down on them.

Adding more weight on the bar every week and completing my 3x5 or 5x5 reps. That's what makes it all worth it.

The issue with bodyweight is that you never get to "add more weight", you just do the same reps, with the same weight. It's repetitive, it's boring, there's no excitement for the next time you have a workout because you know it's going to be exactly the same as the one before it and also exactly the same as the one after it.

I did a bodyweight routine for months before I started strength training. It just doesn't compare. The feeling is completely different.

You can't just add more weight to the bar continuously as a natural user.
You'll hit the wall.
Then what?
You'll ego lift stupidly and snap your shit forever or get on gear and then continue to get gainz then inevitably snap your shit up for all eternity.

Bodyweight isn't just basic movements, although it can be.
You get out of your exercise routines, bodyweight, lifting, running, yoga, tai chi, martial arts, basic walking, etc, what you put into them.

It really only comes down to what you want out of your body and what you can or are willing to do. That's all.

>basic walking

... walking is considered training now?