Post good press programs

Post good press programs

went from 90 -> 220 bench for reps, and 65 -> 135 press for reps on SL. Had to deload a few times so I want to move on to another program, preferably one with more volume

don't worry about squat and diddly, i'm gonna do texas method for them because my progress is still rolling pretty well

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/SKruJBF.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What program bro. Close to two plates I don't mind getting on a short term program

i did stronglifts for starters, i think i might try out another linear progression program that gets more press volume

i know
>back to plebbit
but i saw an interesting linear progress program from a poster there

you do alternating weeks of a main press where it's
monday 4x4 main, 4x8 secondary at 90%
wednesday 4x4 secondary, 4x8 main at 90%
friday 3x4 main with another set at the same weight AMRAP, 4x8 secondary at 90%

depending on how trained you are, you add 5 or 10 lbs to your 4 rep weight, and then next week the press that was main becomes secondary

i'm gonna give it a shot and report back with results. i worry this might be too quick of progress for my ohp

Post link?

you can do it for squat too but i like tm squat progression, i don't need any more volume

i.imgur.com/SKruJBF.png

Thanks. I can do 3 reps at 135 OHP. How can I adjust the 90% of 4 RM weight thing to fit my case ?

Why dont you guys just do cowboy method?

>posting an imgur link to a 1 image album
>>>/reddit/

this is complete garbage what idiot wrote this?
The only reason that moron is making progress is due to the 1000kcal surplus. For chritst sakes youd gain no matter what plan you would do with that much of a surplus.

ok, wanna show us a vid of you pressing two and a half plates?

try and find the highest weight that you can do at 4x4, then just take the 90% from that

it might not be spot on but if you're too high the first time you can just dial it back a tad, and if you're on the low side you'll work up to the true weight in a cycle or 2

suck my fat lil cock i couldn't save the picture on mobile because my phone's full

>For chritst sakes youd gain no matter what plan you would do with that much of a surplus.
>120 fucking kilograms over your noggin
wanna know how I know you don't even OHP 1pl8?

2.5 is going over is head. You really think a surplus will easily allow you to do that much over your head?

>unironically OHPing

stay dyel

Impressive and all, but I could do this for about 1½ week before getting injured. This guy needs to check his privilege.

That doesnt mean his program is good. If he had a good program he could probably press even more. Excuse me but i dont want to force myself to eat an extra 1000kcals a day. And just for the record my max ohp is 180 and considering im not a fat ass im perfectly happy with that.

My main point is there are much better OHP programs out there. For christ sakes with that huge of a surplus you might as well do a real high volume program. You could do smolov jr for OHP.

>it's suboptimal (because i said so, and pressing 180 lbs makes me an expert in the matter)
>it's fucking garbage and he's only pressing that much because of a 1k surplus
Gee whiz, see a difference between these two?

No i dont, first off youre assuming that guy isnt lying. he easily could be. Second off im guessing you have never even heard of smolov jr otherwise youd realize im correct. Its just my opinion buddy if you wanna keep sucking that dudes dick keep going i suppose.

>4x2@90%
90% of what? 1 RM?

90% of 12rm

>google smolov jr bench: almost everyone reports success
>google smolov jr ohp: about half the people say it didn't work
Wasn't that hard, was it?

>No i dont
wew lad

But then again, you're perfectly happy with a lift that an average male can achieve in 6-12 months, so there's not much point arguing

Usually 1RM is implied of you don't specify

>google smolov jr ohp: about half the people say it didn't work
Ok man how about you try both. You cleraly havent been lifting long but thats ok keep projecting on the internet.
>But then again, you're perfectly happy with a lift that an average male can achieve in 6-12 months, so there's not much point arguing
If you wanna get fat be my guest, im keeping my abs.

it doesn't work for most people because most people aren't turbo bulking

>muh abs
>telling others they haven't been lifting for long
You're a joke.

Thats my original point dude. A 1000kcal surplus is a lot. With that much anything would work.
I have no clue what this means.

>been training planche because it's a cool move
>goal is to hold it for 30 seconds (looks like most bboy's or calisthenics guys hold it for a while this should put me on par with them)
>using assistance bands and ankle weights to progress
>went from 10 seconds with 40lbs assistance to 15lbs assistance for 5 sets of 20 seconds (full protraction, straight arms, posterior pelvic tilt, etc)
>didn't realize the world record was only 37 seconds
>accidentally getting good because I didn't know the upper limit

yeah except it wouldn't

it absolutely would. That surplus is enormous. You would get stronger doing literally anthing. Again just do smolov jr. Why are you dick riding that guy so hard? You dont even know him, he may be lying. His program has no proof behind it at all.

that nas?

>stronger doing anything
not until 2.5pl8 OHP, that's for sure

This is insanely untrue. The vast majoirty of people will never come close to that no matter what program youre on. Also unless you want to gain a serous amount of weight.

Couldn't tell ya. That picture cracks me tf up tho