Correct tongue posture
youtube.com/watch?v=MPZBVmzAO1M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ijFkcLMmSJI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNocCJNicrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How to clear nose:
1. Take a few deep, long breaths (through your mouth if necessary)
2. After a good exhale, close your mouth and block your nose with your fingers
3. Gently nod your head back and forth until you need to breath
4. Resume breathing through your nose, if it's still blocked, repeat the process.

Aside from putting the tongue up, am I supposed to push upwards constantly all day long?

Should I wear my retainer if I'm doing this?

yes because you cant control yourself at night and likely go back to your old habbits

>mfw I already naturally do this
The front 1/3 or so of my tongue presses against the pallet right behind my upper row of teeth when my mouth is closed.

Nice desu, get the rest of your tongue up there

My tongue ends up sticking under the teeth on the sides of my mouth when I do this, how do I fix this?

Just tried this, it literally just made it worse.

My tongue did that too, not sure how I fixed it but just keep trying.
This vid is really good, from daddy mew himself
Say "nnnn", but with your whole tongue, like "ng". The tongue can quite comfortably sit in that position, you just have to figure it out.

Not sure if thats possible, since the posterior part of the tongue is going down into the gullet. Mine sits comfortable with its front most part up with the pallet when I close my mouth with the upper and lower teeth touching in their most natural position.

I think I'm good. Of all the bodily things I have an issue with, my jaw and chin aren't one of them.

Whenever I have my tongue at the roof of my mouth it feels like I'm drowning in my own saliva. Like I need to swallow all the time. Makes it hard.

pasting my anecdote

Mewing anecdote here

Only been mewing for a few weeks, so no real gains yet. However I definitely look better when holding proper posture. When I relax my tongue you can see it create a sort of double chin and it goes away when I mew.

Also I think you should all try this experiment: next time you go to bed, lay on your back and practice applying and releasing proper rongue posture. In my experience I could literally feel my nasal airway expand and narrow again when I relaxed my tongue. Moreover I could feel my cheekbones and midface area (maxilla??) rise and fall about a mm with every application of tongue posture. Anyone have similar experiences?

Should also note its becoming much easier to do this automatically.

New to /mew/, been doing it for about 20 minutes now. Is this a meme or will it actually work?

holy shit, i just tried this and it feels like i can breath better
it always used to feel like my nose was blocked slightly towards the back.
how can i make sure i do this during my sleep? i think i breath with an open mouth when i sleep currently.

Same

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnigger

yes, couple more hours and youll have jaw like Judge Dredd

am i doing it right when i create some sort of vacuum between my tongue and my palate so that it kind of just gets stuck in that position without much effort of pushing my tongue onto my palate?

for example, like when your tongue is some sort of suction cup that creates a vacuum onto a surface (your palate) so that it just gets stuck there.

Yeah he makes it sound hard, I don't think that's wrong

Edgy

I tried his tongue chewing method yesterday for an hour each 2 different times of the day. I woke up this morning and I swear my tongue is sore or something. Is this normal?

any progress pics?

Yes, your tongue is a muscle

Same here. If i try to push the back of my tongue up there the tip comes trough my teeth. I too have a decent jaw (weak chin though). I don't think mewing is for everyone

>I don't think mewing is for everyone

It is literally the proper tongue posture for optimal nose breathing and neck alignment

If you arent mewing , what are you doing ?

Yes and if you have had proper tongue posture all your life then mewing is not for you.

does mewing look strange to others, also whenever i get the full back tongue onto the roof of my mouth i can't breathe.
when should i do this & why?

The point is to breathe through your nose and not your mouth you retard

of course, that is what i am doing. but it is as if my airways closes when i press the back of the tongue too far back into the roof of my mouth

other than tech advice , the only advice I can give is do it most while working out. think about it: you're working facial muscles and they need to get nutrients and recover too just like any other. definitely seeing facial gains after 2 months

>if you have good posture then you don't need to have good posture

why is this nigga so ugly? its michael jackson levels got damn

mew is handsome
youtube.com/watch?v=ijFkcLMmSJI

he's got very pronounced jaws for his face, so yes he's handsome, but you need youth of course.

post it

you want him to post his tongue? what

this

maybe im doing it wrong, i dont even come close to what you are describing

maybe im not able to get the back third on it?

tongue gains inbound

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNocCJNicrc

Is this what I should be attempting to do?

That used to happen to me at the beginning but after a week it stopped.

From what I've gathered, yes, and so far it's been pretty easy to adapt to as a general posture. It can be difficult to relax into it