VEGAN GENERAL

A place for discussing all things vegan ethics, politics & health

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Feeding animals is massively inefficient
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/2015/02/where-do-you-get-your-b12/

Animals and Ethics - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH3ai

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient & intelligent as retards should have the same moral status

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think.

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Dominion (2018) Trailer -
youtu.be/LpDJlEQsDoA

Baby cow stolen from mother -
youtu.be/aaqR9V4XkXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zF_MlhXAjiE
epa.gov/ghgemissions/sources-greenhouse-gas-emissions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production
beefmagazine.com/blog/4-facts-debunk-meat-horrible-article
grist.org/sustainable-farming/farmer-responds-to-the-new-york-times-re-sustainable-meat/
latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-ca-jc-nicolette-hahn-niman-20141123-story.html
time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/
livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html
livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html
thefreelibrary.com/Meat in the human diet: an anthropological perspective-a0169311689
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?zx=487b99a083457535
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
baka.com.au/world/a-baby-raised-on-a-vegan-diet-is-hospitalised-for-severe-malnutrition-20160713-gq59l8.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meatcucks forever cucked by the meat jew

youtu.be/zF_MlhXAjiE

>assuming I love animals

>assuming I love animals
1) no, assuming you have the tiniest bit of empathy
2) if you don't, why post?
>Veguns are obnoxious band make me angry!
Aren't you the obnoxious one by posting in the wrong thread? Vegan threads have been a thing in Veeky Forums for quite some time, why haven't you just filtered them out?

>Fitness board
>Talks only about the politics and ethics of eating meat

Fuck off. You're the reason we can't discuss plant based nutrition.

>i dont give a shit about animals
>gotta kill them to eat them
>dont need huge canines to be top of the food chain phaggot
>breeding and killing them does me a favour, dont give a shit about them
>i doubt plants do have feelings, but if they do i dont give a shit either

holy shit meat eaters are rad as fuck

If your feelings are so binary it's either no eating or not I can understand why you became a vegan, not every animal/person is subjectively equal

I don't love animals. Neither do you. You just use them as a substitute for actual human companionship.

not OP but I love animals, umad kosher boi

I worry I’ll become vegan one day. As long as I buy food from the grocery store I can remain ignorant.

fuck off you soyboy runt. Stop tainting this board with your propaganda.

Did a meat-rich diet enable the evolution of primate/human intelligence? Meat-eaters have to know where the best hunting spots are, they have to know how to process or cook, and hunting often requires cooperation and social interaction. Given a diet limited to food sources found in a woodland/savanna setting (no supplements or imported food), would meat-eating select for higher brain size and complexity?

KILL ALL VEGANS

SLAUGHTER THEM LIKE THE CATTLE YOU ARE

DIE

I'm only quasi-vegan because it's healthy for me and the things that impact me. I don't give a shit about ethics. I wish I could own a slave.

Look at that low energy floor routine for the vegan compared to the high energy routine that the meat eater is able to accomplish. Even mental exercise is too exhausting for a vegan. Sad!

imo a vegetarian diet with meat meals maybe 1-3 times a week is the best diet.

give me a reason to go vegan that has nothing to do with sympathy towards animals

I love animals but I'll kill a cow/chicken/fish in a second

stop murdering plants

reminder to join the discord brahs

discord.gg/gqFR5z

You get to reduce your test levels and become a proper nu-male

"Muh ethics" is literally the "muh bible" of veganism.

Objective morality does not exist.

P R O P A G A N D A
R
O
P
A
G
A
N
D
A

>some all animals deserve kindness
poorly written grammar tests are an argument I guess

Anyone?? Seriously vegans are getting BTFO by this argument

If you're gonna make these at least include links on how to eat a balanced and healthy vegan diet.

i wonder why nobody replied to this comment

It's much cheaper (i spend less than $5 while getting my macros in) and will reduce your cholesterol levels, that's why I do it. Reduced my LDL to 60 from 130. I have a hereditary heart issue (BAV, same as Arnold) so general heart health is important to me.

Vegans who do it out of sympathy are cancer honestly.

Tbh you should've expected this reaction with your condescending OP. That's not how to geht people on your side.

So, according to your comic, vegans are bitches that think walking is gymnastics and meat eaters are pretty much superhuman?
Gotcha.

Cows are literally farting our ozone layers off as I'm typing. Fuck cows, there's way too many of them. Don't eat cows -> less market pressure on breeding more cows -> less cows, good because fuck cows
There's also a good amount of meta-analysis that implies eating plants is healthier than eating meat.
Going vegan for the animals is fucking stupid, if you're going to do it do it for yourself or your future children. They deserve it, not cattle.

What happened to love of all animals?
You want LESS cows on this earth?
Wow dude.. so you're saying if I love animals I should eat meat?

>Cows are literally farting our ozone layers off as I'm typing
Care to elaborate with sources since it seems as though fossil fuel a are the actual big dogs here

I've been eating animal product free and doing intermittent fasting for a several weeks. I lost at least 10 lbs of fat and my lifts are rising drastically. I started because I have hbp and I don't want to stroke out. I doing consider myself a (((vegan))) and I don't shout my new food choices to anyone who will listen.

>Meat-eaters have to know where the best hunting spots are, they have to know how to process or cook, and hunting often requires cooperation and social interaction. Given a diet limited to food sources found in a woodland/savanna setting (no supplements or imported food), would meat-eating select for higher brain size and complexity?

Vegan foods are delicious and healthy. Phytoestrogens are much weaker than estrogens in animal products.

That's not true. Livestock produces about 18% of greenhouse gases and fossils fuels are about 8 I think? Any modern earth science textbooks say.

Not according to epa lad epa.gov/ghgemissions/sources-greenhouse-gas-emissions

You can eat vegan foods without being vegan.

breeding fewer cows =/= killing ones that are already alive

Give me one reason besides health to exercise.

Vegans have more test.

these threads are nothing but shitposting and flamebait
why do mods tolerate this garbage

let me tell you about The Jews...

Vegans are so fucking annoying. Yal are like Mormons. I come here for memes. I want bitches, I want money and I want memes. Fuck your morals.

you're a retard

>posts strawman comic
>links wikipedia as a source
>uses biased websites on veganism
>asks for calm and measured responses whilst referring to strawman as ‘meatcuck’ and ‘stupid’
>posts the same thread without actually providing analysis of veganism diet every day
if this isnt a troll, take your thread to Veeky Forums where people might beleive your stupidity

>Mosquitos
>Parasitic worms
>pests
>invasive species
>malaria
>the dutch

but okay senpai, enjoy dying of malaria and being freed from your worm infested, malnourished, desertbowl meatbag.

>vegan
LOL (((You))) are not 'vegan'. (((You))) are just a garden-variety troll who should fuck off to where you belong. (((You))) are probably chowing down on pizza, or a bacon cheeseburger, or Hot Pockets, even as you post your shitty copypasta troll-threads. (((You))) are just a typical fat neckbearded DYEL faggot, and (((You))) should just kill yourself for wasting our time. (((You))) should be permabanned.

posting good vibes from our animal bros

>this thread again

>caring about animals
>still not done suicide
Ok m8, really convincing.

>Vegans have more test.
SHBG was higher in vegans thus free test, the one that actually counts, wasn't statically different from meat eaters in the study you're referencing.

bump

Get your vegan politics off my fitness board

Meatcucks, can you atleast TRY a vegan diet for a single month before hating it?

did it for a whole year, was boring as fuck.
Didn't really notice a difference though in terms of progress and the perception of feeling more energized.
Don't know why you vegans think that other people find this type of lifestyle to be impossible. I can't tell if you guys are trolling us or if you guys are getting trolled.

im starting to believe there aren't actually any vegans on this site. Just a bunch of trolls

>Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production
>beefmagazine.com/blog/4-facts-debunk-meat-horrible-article
>grist.org/sustainable-farming/farmer-responds-to-the-new-york-times-re-sustainable-meat/
>latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-ca-jc-nicolette-hahn-niman-20141123-story.html
>Did a meat-rich diet enable the evolution of primate/human intelligence?
>time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/
>livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html
>livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html
>thefreelibrary.com/Meat in the human diet: an anthropological perspective-a0169311689
>People who read books know a fact that vegetarians do not- that at one point in history, the Earth's total population of humans dropped to between 5,000 and 10,000 individuals, due to the eruption of Mt. Toba in Sumatra, which killed off most of the available plant and animal life on Earth in 71,000 BC. During this period of time, humans were confined to an
>extraordinarily small area of Africa that escaped glaciation, where they subsisted on a diet that was "approximately 50-70% meat and 50-30% plants, respectively." This diet was necessitated by the die-off of plants and animals, and the lack of a varied diet that could have been otherwise obtained though plant gathering. It was at this time that the Neanderthal diet came to consist of naught but meat, due to the complete lack of availability of edible vegetation, which likely lasted for at least 1000 years.(Plants/climate)
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?zx=487b99a083457535
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html

ftfy (fixed that for you)

My dog eats pig and chicken bones,do you want to kill it you dirty vegan fuck?

Lierre Keith. The Vegetarian myth.

If youre still a vegan you are literally a cultist.

>mfw veganfags

I can kind of respect meat-eaters who hold this position. If you've accepted that their only purpose is for food, then you cannot get mad at hunters or people who abuse animals. People who cry over Chinese people eating and abusing dogs then turn around and get a 12 piece combo from wingstop should unironically consider killing themselves.

>beefmagazine

Meatcucks are fucking retarded. A literal beef magazine posting positive things about meat and meatcuck seriously believe it.

Thank you. Your retardation is showing me how my vegan diet helps me to prevent getting brain cancer like you worthless pieces of shit.

Do you kill insects that are inside your house or do you capture them and let them free outside?

Good luck avoiding lectins while going vegan. You are most likely going to get high inflammation and die earlier due to it, not to mention the terrible arthritus.
Unless you eat high fat you are literally destroying your longevity, and no your not going to get high fat on a vegan diet unless you literally add 2+ avocados to every meal or legumes (which are going cause even more inflammation than the nightshades would). The only way you will be getting calories is through starches which will just make you fat, miserable, and addicted to them.
Also enjoy your heavy metal poisoning from bad soil and your mycotoxins from overuse of pesticides killing of the anti-fungal bacteria in the soil and therefore allowing the fungus to infect the whole plant through the root stocks.
Oh and don't forget that your brain function will literally decrease because you're brain metabolism won't make use of ketones anymore (since you won't be getting enough fats no matter how hard you try). Your brain runs far more efficiently on ketones than it does on glucose.

I don't give a fuck about animal life if its a choice between my lifespan and theirs. Just like I would kill a human if it meant I could increase my lifespan by doing so.

Fixed it for you

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Holy shit.

Let's discuss WW2 but follow these rules

-exterminating jews is good because x reason (relevant normative claim)
-exterminating jews is not good because y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

You see how dumb this is?

>inb4 the example is too extreme

It works for every debate ever. You can't start off by making a rule that only arguments in your favor of your view are relevant hahahaha

This. I barely tolerate people, why would I give half a shit about some lower species

>Meatcucks are fucking retarded. A literal beef magazine posting positive things about meat and meatcuck seriously believe it.
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>Your retardation is showing me how my vegan diet helps me to prevent getting brain cancer
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/

>This level of projection, shitposting and not reading

>mfw meatcuck posts blogs, trying to make it seem they mean shit

>mfw meatcuck posts chinastudy criticism which has already been acknowledged

And yet you're still a scrawny unhealthy vegan.
This is what happens when ideology overtakes sanity.

And yet you're still a scrawny unhealthy meatcuck.
This is what happens when ideology overtakes sanity.

Projecting this much

Holy shit, when your argument is literally "no u" you know you have a problem. This is your brain on lettuce.

Come back when you can disprove the mountains of evidence that show a high fat meat based diet improves longevity due to ketosis. Or tell me how you plan to get into ketosis on plants (protip: you can't)

again fucking OBSESSED with meat, zero focus on your own diet

its meat meat meat, just shut the fuck up

Just curious, do you make a thread here weekly? You're the one who made the post about monkey's jaws.

>from ages 1-5 I pretty much spent most of my weekdays at an at home daycare
>the owners were hunters and grew their own crops
>tfw remembering hunting rabbits with their two dogs and squishing grubs
>i've had an affinity towards killing and growing my food since
I-it's okay if you only eat meat every once in a while right?

I kek'd pretty hard good to see a fellow /pol/trad on Veeky Forums

>This is what happens when ideology overtakes sanity.
>Projecting this much
Wew
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?zx=487b99a083457535

If you really cared about being a vegan you're first points wouldn't be about how meat consumption is wrong. So, here hold this L because you're fucking retarded. Instead this thread should be about hitting macros, getting good protein sources, and some good vegan recipes. But no you faggots managed to go full retard. So here hold a big fuck you.

Doesn't all agriculture involve clearing forests and causing pollution? Moreover, corn fields take up far more space than dairy farms.

my dad telled me that vagans have low cholestril

Someone reply to the last post for me

can we get some vegans to post their physiques in this thread? never really seen a vegan physique that wasnt on roids or didnt look like shit

>this kills the vegan

Hey. I'm vegan. Just thought I'd post this to show you guys.

Why is pic related incomprehensible for meatcucks?

>half of the OP is saying "Waaaah don't call us names goys!"

Just you wait until /carnivore/ starts up

Ubermenschen /carnivore/ poster detected

Reminder that meat only confers protective affects and that even the china study shows that meat has a net benefit against mortality while veganism and high carb diets makes you more like to die prematurely

You would not be able to feed this planet's population on veganism.
Alot of inedible low effort crops are used for animals and are unfit for human consumption.
Turning those into human edible food would ruin the soil and wouldn't be viable.
Most vegetables and fruit are imported and the traveling required accounts for up to 90% of emissions (look it up, boats)
If you didn't import, countries would be tied to what they can grow on their climates, therefore they would not be able to get every nutrient necessary from vegetables and fruit alone.

Now go be a cuckold somewhere else.

[citation needed]

>im a vegan that lacks mental energy to google shit, pls spoonfeed me

baseless claim

could easily grow a different low effort crop and feed the world

hahahhaha

'survival without animal protein: impossible'

demonstrably false

what a retarded chart

post body

>optimal diet
>fruits, veggies, nuts, legumes and seeds
baka.com.au/world/a-baby-raised-on-a-vegan-diet-is-hospitalised-for-severe-malnutrition-20160713-gq59l8.html
and unfortunately, it's not a single case either, it happens all the time.

Is this Gary Busey?

on top of that
>sees in full colour scale, but carnivors dont
say that to carnivore birds
>sleep is less on herbivore
oh, sloths are carnivores now, ok
>mouth opening is small on humans, so that means we're herbivores :)
we catch our prey with our hands, not our mouths
>great lateral and forward mobility for chewing fruit, seeds, nuts and vegetables
humans don't do the 8 shape when chewing. If you do that, go to a hospital
>neccesity of chewing food
if you really believe that we have the same neccesity for chewing as the herbivores, I have no words. Many herbivores puke up their food to re-chew, because it's so hard to do so. If you do that too, better go to a hospital
>facial muscles
again, we carry our food with our hands
>teeth
we use tools. I'm pretty sure you do cut your salad parts too. If you bite into watermelons straight on though, damn, mirin, gotta admit
>extremely rough for tearing meat
cats have rough tongues, so that they can CLEAN themselves. No one tears meat with their fucking tongue