/plg/ - powerlifting general

>Although only living for a few weeks maximum, Male fruit flies must perform an elaborate mating strategy to entice female
>Several species partake in "traumatic insemination" which involves the male boring a hole through the body of a female, roughly near her ovaries, and enjaculating inside the wound
>Males of some fruit fly species have the longest sperm cells of any organism, the individual sperm reaching up to 2.3 INCHES long
>By the time the sperm reach the egg, they are usually in a hopelessly tangled mass

Other urls found in this thread:

goodlift.info/onenomination.php?cid=426
goodlift.info/onenomination.php?cid=425
i.imgur.com/2an9SK6.jpg
instagram.com/p/BaesvP2Dz4U/?taken-by=kermit.hancooooot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice blog

>tfw no sperm cells longer than your body

Last night I dreamt I unloaded dozens of condoms of their semen into a bowl then picked up the giant load of semen like slime and played with it

wytnę jak będzie trzeba
bycie malym gosciem jest chujoweeee

Why is there a picture of Sean in the OP

how can human men even compare?

>don't wank for ages
>dick is now shorter

:thinking:

Wrist wrap questions:
1. Are all Titan wraps asymmetric?
As in, a pair consist of two identical ones so if you wanna wrap each one the same you can only use the thumb loop on one side and have to pinch the wrap on the other. It's not a huge deal but if I'm gonna spend money on this I might as well make sure I get a pair that's not a hassle to put on. I saw reviews for the Signature Gold and Max RPM and it just looked like a nuissance.
2. SBD wraps: stiff vs flexible?
3. Any other recommendation for good wrist wraps?

buckle belt or 2 prong belt?

If you maintain the same weight and belly girth 90% of the time.... buckle.

If you're some dork who wears plastic bags and sits in a steamy shower at a 1000 Homo DJ's club to "make weight".... get the prong.

Source: former fat dude.

Lose weight you fat unhygienic and disgustingly smelly powerlifter.

I've used both and honestly prefer a buckle. For me it's single prong > double prong > lever. I tend to fluctuate a lot in body weight and have also found I like different belt tightness for squat and deadlift so a lever belt is just annoying for me. The lever doesn't give me anything a buckle belt can't do. If you tighten your belt to an extreme degree I can imagine a lever belt being useful because it can be a pain trying to fit the buckle belt into the smallest hole possible. But I dislike having my belt that tight anyway so it's not a concern for me.

Does anyone want a free buckle belt?

is it wise to do yoga today if i did squats and diddies?

havent lifted for two weeks and I get knee pain cant even bodyweight squat now what the fuck I hate this shit

yoga is good for recovery so yes

>is it wise to do yoga today if i did squats and diddies?
No, there is a high chance that you might strain your vagina. Better go lay in a cryo chamber so you don't risk prolapsing your cervix.

unnecessarily rude ;_;
thanks

tbf it was an unnecessaily stupid question

tbf I'm a noob and don't know what hinders recovery and what doesn't, so I better check

why not

You're making shit up. Everyone has idiosyncratic pain when training and recovering. Try harder.

i havent trained and have had 2 weeks of recovery

Where should I send it to? Its a large so you will need to be large too.

ayy no need then, the size probably wouldn't be good

Sounds like you enjoy recovery more than training. You should go on a cruise and relax.

Are you not of a large stature?

Wrist wraps: gay or nah?

I use them on paused/deficit deadlifts

What’s the best program to run for increasing overhead press. I can’t find bill stars routine. Would smiling jr work for ohp? How would it look I’m a routine?

Not gay, just don’t use them for warmup s, and don’t use them all the time.

You sure you don't mean straps?

ye i meant straps sorry i retard

Why did you stop Hepburn lad just saw your post from last thread

Smolov Jr would probably work fine for OHP

Hepburn is kind of love/hate, but I imagine you could take apply it to OHP alone and get some decent results.

They're fine as long as you don't over use them and don't skimp on grip work

Failed on bench, probably would have failed on deadlift today too. I was using a bent bar that fucked with my pressing, but it was still close enough where if I wouldn't have failed yesterday, I would have failed in the next session or two.

So just use the same percentages they recommend for bench? Hm

Might be a good idea to use a deflated max, 95, maybe even 90%, of your actual max when running it.

Where do squats and dead’s fit in? What about acessory?

I mean, you might need to adjust a little bit. Personally, I'd be concerned that the total volume could be potentially injurous especially if you're hammering away directly at your shoulders

You don't have to take my advice, but I'd personally reduce the sets per day. Especially the last day, 10x3 at 85% right after a prior day of OHP seems like a recipe for disaster

NO TALENT
NO TALENT
NO TALENT
NO TALENT
NO TALENT

how the fuck do you have a gf

goodlift.info/onenomination.php?cid=426
goodlift.info/onenomination.php?cid=425

Who here hyped for Worlds? The -105 kg class is gonna be insane this year, there's 9 guys with a nomination over 1000 kg and 18 guys who have over 950.

How long should sets of farmers walks be?

Only speculating, because I've never done 4x/week OHP frequency, but I would avoid bearing weight on my elbows and shoulders as much as possible while doing that. Maybe replace squats with SSB squats if you absolutely felt you needed to keep squatting. I wouldn't be as concerned about OHP affecting my deadlift

face, height, character

3 things you dont have

>needing body for gf

He's attractive af

Depends on the purpose for including them

I hope Bryce Krawczyk does well. Have been following his training videos leading into worlds.

>face

rate
i.imgur.com/2an9SK6.jpg

He has made insane progress during the last year, his deadlift especially seems to benefit from the equipment. I also think Erik Gunhamn can be among the top names this year, he has gained a few kgs over the summer and both his squat and bench are improving steadily.

MODS

chad tier face

Very heavy for a short distance or relatively light for long distance.
You'll need to be responsible to figure out what weights are right

chaddy daddy

Q U I C K R E L E A S E

Also I hope you weren't planning on buying one of those shitty rdx belts you posted

Dud it's not against the rules to post an imgur link

1. inflate max
2.maybe use less sets
3.be careful with squats, and not so much deadlifts

Anyone got a template that shows how to integrate squats and deadlifts along with accessory?

Thanks guys, what other options do i got for a pressing increasing routine? Anyone got the Hepburn or bill stars routine?

7/10, looks weird from that angle and I like uncut more (sue me), but yet, would succ

n-no homo

instagram.com/p/BaesvP2Dz4U/?taken-by=kermit.hancooooot

what was his squat 1rm here?

>nose
>lips

Those are virgin tier

>inflate max
Other way around
>careful with squats, not deads
Still be careful with deads. The OHP probably won't fatigue your stabilizers enough to be detrimental to your deadlift, but your deadlift could probably still be fatiguing enough to hinder your OHP

My glutes have been feeling very tired recently and constantly aching. Could high volume cause this ?

Doing SS for my squats but what am I supposed to do for bench/pulls if SS is trash for both?

Tell your boyfriend to go slower ffs

make the last set AMRAP it makes it a bit better

Why am I about to open a picture of your dick while im at the gym

Drosophila are fucking annoying.

how do you know its a dick if you are just about to open it

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS

Do 2 more sets at your last warmup weight.
I liked doing them as paused triples

Is yoga a meme ? I've just done 1 session and honestly feel so much better but not sure if placebo

No, it's great desu

If you have a home gym, does it ever make sense to do a higher frequency routine even if you aren't advanced? Not necessarily bulgarian but surely if I can squat whenever, surely its better to get a lot of practice in?

Not really sure if there are any options for this.

me to desu, felt comfy

Does your programming tell you to train errrrrday? If no then dont

Do you guys know of good YouTube channel or books for it today was nice but I can't afford going weekly

If I had a home gym, I'd probably take more opportunities to practice my setups with low loads to get them more consistent. Like 50-60% for doubles and triples

I did some 30 day yoga thing that my ex was doing at the time, I think the youtuber chick is called yoga with adriene, just google her 30 day yoga thing

it was okay desu, quite relaxing, although I felt like a basic bitch following youtube yoga challenges ayy

what do you think about bugenhagen/bulgarian-style programming?

are rack pulls good to do instead of deadlift variations for c6w?

If you also pull from the floor sure.

adriene a qt desu

what do you mean? i pull regular dl off the floor ofc

In terms of high position deadlift
Block pulls under knee>rack pulls under knee>block pulls above knee>rack pulls above knee

gotcha
I might do block pulls below the knee during week 2, as a variation

I just always struggle to figure out what weight to use on block pulls/rack pulls desu, and I am supposed to do three sets of eight

tell me what i should get then, i was just looking on amazon

Most people are too much of a pussy to do it properly and will never push themselves

I would only ever programme high rack pulls as an upper back movement, block pulls to build the deadlift

>amazon

Get a real fucking belt

Titan
Inzer
Wahlander
Sbd
Pioneer

>I would only ever programme high rack pulls as an upper back movement, block pulls to build the deadlift
can you help me figure out the weight I should use on block pulls based on my stats? my dl 1rm is 350lb (pls no bully), gotta do 3x8 block pulls

is the SBD lever belt really worth the $250

80%

GDEs can't even run memeburn without fucking themselves up I doubt Bulgarian is any different

No

I put it in there because someone would have almost definitely posted

>no sbd

I fucked this chick at a party, next day she sends me a text telling me she's in love with me.

She's what most people would consider a 10/10, but I don't respect her because she's a slut who willingly had sex with me after 1 night.

What do lads?

you mean my regular dl 1rm is 80% of my rack pull 1rm, or that i should use 80% of my dl for my block pullies?

t. brainlet

Nice blog

date her faggot, she might turn out to be the right girl for you

the worst that can happen is you fugg her a few more times

also nice blog normie

Phew todays dynamic upper is getting a bit nasty

Tricep pushdowns 2x50
Face pulls 2x50
Close grip bench 9x30 60s rest
Spoto press 4x8
Rolling tricep extension 5x10
High rack pull 5x5
Bent over row 2x20
Dirty 30s 2x30

Use 80% of your deadlift max

Ive literally just used my brain and plucked that number out of thin air

Think for yourself, whats right for some might not be for you, err on the lower side when trying something new