How the fuck do you become disciplined?

>inb4 HURRR JUST DO IT HURRR
Serious question. How do you become disciplined?

HURRR JUST DO IT HURRR

Set some guidelines and follow it very strictly.

Military. Reserves if you don't want a career change.

There's not really any other way to do it aside of "HURRR JUST DO IT HURRR", really

I spent a year doing stupid shit like HabitRPG or trying to set up "rewards" for being disciplined

This year I decided to start going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, PC/phone off at least an hour and a half before going to bed, no soda, no fast food. Been on track since January

Sorry but there really isn't anything but just doing it.

What seperates a disciplined person is that when something needs to be done the just go ahead and do it, they dont want to just play videogames or whatever any less than you do.

>guidelines
>strictly
Pick only one. Also OP, learn to meditate. It brings you back in control of yourself. Ironically you need a small amount of discipline to start a meditation routine though.

This. Start small... make your bed everyday as a start.

It takes a lot of time an effort. Set small goals for yourself, both long and short term. "Just fucking do it" is the actual answer though. If you know you ought to do something, just fucking get it done. Then the next time it will get easier because you already forced yourself before

You become a 24 yo virgin like me who earns 16k a year and has zero friends no girlfriend no drivers license and has nothing to show for his 24 years on earth.

That's really lit a fire under my ass since turning 24.

Just do it, hurr

Make your environment pleasant, tidy and efficient so you can streamline your routine. Read this book and actually follow it. Throw all your trash away so you aren't distracted by stupid shit.

Set a time to wake up and to go to bed, repeat it every fucking day. Screens off at least one hour before bed, stop looking at your phone, read a book in bed, have some tea.

> inb4ing your own post
HURRR JUST DO IT HURRR

MAKE YOUR BED

OP here. Thank you anons, seems I was looking for a shortcut when one doesn't exist. Guess ill have to just fucking do it and not debate it or even think about it.

Get in the mindset of "I have to do it" and "I can't have it". My alarm goes off at 4:45 to go to the gym before work. I could very easily reset it for 6:30, but I tell myself I have to get up. Putting your pre workout drink by your bed and drinking it the minute you get up helps. When it comes to shit food and booze, get in the mentality of "I can't have it". No cheat days, especially if you're cutting. Cheat days are fun, but they're a slippery slope with no benefit other than short- lived instant gratification. After a couple weeks, this mindset starts to become automatic.

Accept that if you put anything off longer than absolutely necessary, you will likely never do it. Apply this to every portion of your life. Then accept that your life will be infinitely better if you actually do the things you know you should do. Then realize thats its not like youve got anything better to do anyway because watching anime and jerking off is detrimental to your life when you do them enough, and youve long passed that point.

It's impossible to become disciplined, since becoming disciplined requires discipline. The only people who will succeed are those that were lucky enough to have strict parents, who taught them discipline from the beginning.

Take the blackpill.

This. Going into the marines straight out of high school was the best thing I possibly could have done for myself. They'll change your character for the better in so many ways.

You just do it. It'll feel like absolute shit at first, but you adapt eventually.

it is a constant struggle if it is not something that is unavoidable.
so people put themselves into pretend situations that they can't avioid it.
have a friend where you agree if either skips gym you pay a fine to the other.
temporarily block all major distraction websites on your computer when trying to work
put your gymbag in an unavoidable place can be just the little reminder to go

What a cuck way of thinking

there is no trick faggot, you must learn to relish in pain and discomfort.

Start with small things.

Just do it tomorrow.

Pick up a hobby other than lifting and do it every fucking day no matter what

It takes about 2-3 weeks for anything to be an habit.

Just do it you fat fuck. Your parents fucking hate you because of your weight. You have singlehandedly fucked up your body for your own selfish sissy purposes. Go fuck yourself.

In my opinion, it really comes down to self respect and how bad you really want something. If you are absolutely starving then you will do whatever it takes to find something to eat. If you can't pay rent then you will do whatever it takes be it selling your belongings or finding a better job or saving money better to survive. If you really want to accomplish something then you will, by any means necessary get it done; if you don't want it as bad you will procrastinate and avoid that task as much as possible. Successful people don't just wake up and force themselves to do things they don't really want just because it's what they're 'supposed' to do and that's what others want of them; they do it because they truly like and enjoy what they do, in spite of how much pain they have to go through or time they have to commit to something.

The key is to get to the point where you really, really want something in order to have the motivation to pursue that goal. If you can't do that maybe you need to reevaluate your goals.

Discipline means doing it regardless of whether you want to.

Just do it nigger

Read

>t. externalizing quitter

I had to learn the hard way. I failed so many times that eventually i got sick and tired of being a loser. But even now I slip up and set myself up for failure again but I somehow always manage to pull myself together in time. At this point though, I don't even know if changing my ways is enough to make up for all my past failures.

Eventually, long practice reinforces that doing any work at all hurts less than skipping it and worrying about skipping it all night for a week.

t. recruiter

set achievable goals and then accomplish them one by one. start small. It will eventually become a habit

Basically this. I used to hate the idea of going to the gym because it takes a lot of effort to pick things up and drop them, but then I realized that the only part of the body that should receive pleasure is the genitals, and I now I feel pretty good about torturing myself three times a week.

This

oh shit I read that audio book
shit was crazy but interesting too

Get really pissed off at your current lifestyle and stay that way. It's all about where your priorities lie.

This right here. There are other good suggestions here too but this one encompasses most of them.

Like a goal of 'go to the gym 4 days a week' can be broken down into subgoals. For example, on day 1, have the goal just be 'go to the gym'. Literally go to the building. Once you're there, the next goal is get changed and get out there. Then move on to exercises, etc. Subgoals.

This
JUST
DO
IT

Do you have any advice to someone who can only choose when they wake up?

This is a free gift of knowledge: you become disciplined once you realize that your desire to do stuff is your true self, and your desire to be lazy and distractible is the weak cage made out of flesh that stands between you and being your true self.

Also, you are disciplined all the time, just by external forces. Did you just decide to get up in the morning, put on uncomfortable clothes and go to some stupid job and work all day? No, you've disciplined yourself to do it because you want what the job offers (money, and if you're a loser, socialization) and because you are afraid of the consequences of not having it (poverty).

If you thought hard enough about whatever else you want to accomplish, you'd realize that the pros of doing it and the cons of not doing it are just as severe, and the discipline process would be automatic.

Through routine, do itâ„¢ , until you don't even think about it

>Doing it is as sever as not doing it

Damn lad,that was a nice one 2bh,good way too see it.

try no fap if you havent

This.