Why exactly are brosplits not efficient ?

Why exactly are brosplits not efficient ?
I've doing full body workouts focusing on compound movements for almost a year now, but all the regulars in the gym advise me against it. I normally wouldn't mind them , but I've been getting negative feedback from guys that are pretty huge and have been lifting for long....What's your opinion Veeky Forums ? Is PPL more efficient ?

>inb4 read the sticky
I've read it, it says brosplits don't work but doesn't explain why...

Other urls found in this thread:

renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

try different things nigger, I prefer full body, but if you aren't competing, try out a few styles for a few months, change it up, keep things fresh, keep what you like and ditch what you don't.

You don't have to conform to anything you don't want to.

bro splits absolutely work, they're just not optimal because you're only hitting each muscle group 1x a week

2x a week works well for most muscle groups, with some smaller and more fatigue resistant muscle groups (side delts, rear delts, biceps) being able to take like 4x a week or more

renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/

>Why exactly are brosplits not efficient ?
Lacks frequency, bad programming, isn't optimal for natties.
>I've doing full body workouts focusing on compound movements for almost a year now, but all the regulars in the gym advise me against it.
They don't know shit, most normies would do the same
>I normally wouldn't mind them , but I've been getting negative feedback from guys that are pretty huge and have been lifting for long....What's your opinion Veeky Forums ? Is PPL more efficient ?
It isn't much a improvement of "brosplits", if any at all.
>I've read it, it says brosplits don't work but doesn't explain why...
Full body isn't limited to 5x5 or anything like this, you should've know better and do your own research.

OP here, thanks for the reply, you are unironically pretty helpful. I don't do 5x5 I do this 3 -4 times a week (not in that order) :

OHP
Bench Press
Dips
Pull Ups
Back Squat
Deadlift
Bicep curls
Rows
Calf Raise

And one day every week I trade Squats ,Deadlifts and calves for incline bench, pec deck and Lat pulldown.
I'm only getting hesitant because my upper body doesn't grow this much. What's your opinion ?

They're bad if you train each muscle only once per week. You need more frequency. Try pic related.
PPLxPPL or PPLPPLx

All those exercises in the same day? Maybe I can recommend see why you think your upper body is lagging. Dunno but I could recommend something similar to my routine to you.

I'm gonna try this, thanks. However, I will do more reps. I don't see deadlifts, though. I'll just replace barbell rows with them.

*more reps on the bench press
..I wanted to say

>PPLxPPL or PPLPPLx

How do those differ in any way you fucking IDIOT

Just do upper/lower

lower
squats high reps
quad acc. high reps
ham acc. high reps
upper
main heavy back exercise
back acc high reps
chest/pressing acc high reps
side/rear delt/arm iso bro out

lower
heavy squat
main pull exercise high reps
ham/quad acc high reps
upper
main heavy press/chest exercise
press/chest acc high reps
back acc high reps
side/rear delt/arm iso bro out

you can ever have a day between the second lower and upper day to add more back work to lower day, add in more accesories to upper days to work on weaknesses/as you gain more endurance and work capacity

PPLPPLx = you train 312 times per year
PPLxPPLx = you train 273 times per year

putting a rest day between next each PPL cycle means you can do slightly more volume and recover as well

Wouldn't working out 6 days in a row fry your CNS pretty fast? How about PPLPxPL instead?

This.

Upper and lower twice a week is the best balance between frequency and focused training.

I would alternate different workouts for each upper days and lower days so you don't do the same exercises.

if you manage intensity and volume it's perfectly doable

PPLPxLP doesn't address the issue because you still end up lifting 6 days a week

a month would look like this: PPLPxLPPPLPxLPPPLPxLPPPLPxLPPP

I've never known anyone with an impressive physique IRL that didn't do a brosplit. Maybe other routines work better for beginners but I've personally never met them.

Pic related; 14 months of brosplitting

PPLxPPLx is the best way to go about it because you can hit high volume on accessories and compounds in a relatively even space.

PPL is retarded, Just group Push and pull together and have a leg day. you get twice the amount of resting days while increasing frequency.

Example:

Week1:
>UP-LO-REST-UP-LO-REST-UP

Week2:
>LO-UP-REST-LO-UP-REST-LO

you get 3 upper days in a week, while PPL essentially gets you only 2 full upper days.

You get twice the amount of resting days in a week as to compared to PPL.

So don't be retarded and do UPPER and LOWER and thank me later.

ppl is not a brosplit and its effective as fuck

yeah but the disadvantage there is that the volume on your upper days is of relatively lower quality, since you're cramming in more exercises into only a slightly longer session

plenty of big aesthetic guys do PPLs, it works just fine

If PPL isn't a brosplit, what is a brosplit?

Chest
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Legs

Repeat x infinity

Yes, brosplits work fine when you're on gear.

You got to much going on to do this 3-4x a week with good progress. Narrow it down or split it up into an axb routine.

>Wouldn't working out 6 days in a row fry your CNS pretty fast? How about PPLPxPL instead?

m8.

>week one: PPLPxPL
>week two: PPLPxPL

>put the two together: PPLPxPLPPLPxPL

still doing 6 days in a row (PLPPLP)

actually it would be
>week two: PPxLPPL

>week two: PPxLPPL

then that will be 8 days in a row because week two would be before the next week one so then its LPPLPPLP

m8, it's literally just
>going to the gym 4 days in a row
>have a rest day the 5th day
>repeat
so, at most you work out 4 days in a row

Routine is good. I would say you should alternate between your deadlift and barbell rows, dips and bench press. The overlap between the muscle groups is so much youre basically doing 10 sets for chest and back. If you've only been at it a year, you can still get away with doing 15 sets a bodypart throughout the week.

Once you have reached advanced lifts (300 bench, 400 squat, 500 dl, 185 ohp, 90 lb chin up.) Increase volume to 18 sets a bodypart per week. 6 sets a muscle group, 3 sessions a week.

wrong as well
It's
>PPLPxPL (week 1)
>PPxLPPL (2)
>xPPLPxP (3)
>LPPLxPP (4)
>LPxPLPP (5)
>xLPPLxP (6)
>PLPxPLP (7)
>PxLPPLx (8)

if your routine doesnt have both you are a backlet faggot bitch

>I've never known anyone with an impressive physique IRL that didn't do a brosplit
Same here but I attribute it to the popularity of the bro split more than its effectiveness.

>what is a brosplit?
One body part per day, i.e.
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back
et cetera

You wrote that in a contextually ambiguous fashion. For all he knows, you're listing the order of body parts to prioritize in a single workout.

NEUROMUSCULAR EFFICIENCY

Anyone under a couple years of training should stick to working everything 3x a week. You just don't need the volume at that stage that would necessitate any less frequency.

If you want to do push/pull 6 days a week go ahead.

Full body isn't just SS or 5x5 either. Just as long as you're hitting your whole body with at least 2-4 compounds a workout.

PPL is a bit of a meme unless you're experienced enough to not care about the opinion of someone on a catalonian cartoon board. Too much volume for a beginner/novice/probably even intermediate. Squats and deads are enough for the lower body. Chins and rows will hit your back and bis well enough. Some form of benching and the press will hit your chest, shoulders, and tris enough. There just isn't any need to split it up.

Splitting things up comes from necessity. You need frequency more than anything. Doing 10 sets to hit a muscle 2x a week isn't nearly as good as doing 3 sets to hit a muscle 3x a week at your level.

Fucking retard

>adding squats and possibly calf raises to push day
>adding deadlifts to pull day
>too many added exercises

Chest+shoulders+tri
Legs+back+bis

ABxABxx

I like this more than upper/lower or push/pull

I will never understand why people come up with training programs that don't sync with weeks. Imagine how retarded it would be to work out at a slightly later or sooner time of day. Oh, it's day 15 so I have to get up at 2am for my workout. No, that's retarded. Just fucking schedule around days and weeks.

T (train)
x (rest)

Variations would look something like this:
TTTxTTx
or for one rest day:
TTTTTTx

Every week would be the same, you could plan this program taking into account your work schedule, your free-time engagements, anything really, because most things in life happen on a weekly schedule. Give me ONE (1) reason to go full retard and overcomplicate everything instead.

Shut the fuck up, if legs is always the day before rest day then it doesnt change the order over the week PLPLPPX would be different

I have something similar.

3x10 Benchpress
3x8 Pull ups/rows
5x5 OHP
3x15 Shrugs/4xminute farmer walks or both in some combination
4x12 2 (sometimes 3)variations of biceps curls - a lot of tricep work already done, have to keep my elbow healthy by curling to balance it out
Sometimes throw in some direct tricep work
5x5 Back squats
4x20 Sitting calf raises

If I feel like it I add some ab exercises, neck curls and some forearm exercises at the end

>Splits are shit because a meme forum told me so

Programming is a religion for people here I swear.