Did they ruin all potential discussions about the Byzantine Empire forever?

Did they ruin all potential discussions about the Byzantine Empire forever?

Attached: paradox.jpg (626x350, 11K)

Could you explain exactly how they ruined it?

It seems to me that everytime someone starts a discussion with rediculous "What If" scenarios and obnoxiously calling it the "ERE" does so after playing their vidya

But it is called the Byzantine Empire in vanilla, not the ERE.

You can't ruin something by creating awareness.

They literally just did though?

Yeah but their forums were filled with Byzaboos after EU3 that kept spamming that meme and the fandom never died

I was doing that long before I discovered Paradox games

I hope you stopped, it's not only cringy it's also just as (if not more) innacurate than calling it Byzantine

If anything the amount of attention they brought for the ERE is enough to debunk the European Dark Ages narrative and how it was caused by Christianity

Why it is problem, they were ERE, Byzantine thing was used as way to refer to them years after their fall.

I've been a Byzaboo since long before I played EU4 amigo.

Attached: Me.jpg (1400x892, 310K)

And ERE was only used for 2 seconds, it's an inaccurate term used as means to yell "LOOK AT ME, I KNOW THINGS"

Paradox forums were and still are the birthplace of your faggotry though

>Empire of the Romans is okay
>but Roman empire is a death sentance
it's literally semantics

Because now you can restore Roman Empire as ERE khagan Kozel IV "the naughty" of Karlukid dynasty, who is also paulician.

I would say Roman Empire is more accurate since the people were only Roman in name while the state itself was a direct successor to the original Roman Empire.

>/v/ermin thinks his meme games invented alt-history

>implying any altfag gave a shit about the BYZ before EU3
>implying those 2 groups aren't the same people crossposting

>implying any of those implications are true
How can someone be so clueless and out of touch with reality?

You tell me

stfu nigger

Acurate is Roman Empire

>crown of st stephen

please kill yourself my man

What would you consider to be a more accurate denonym?

Rhomania would be the most accurate but it's silly
Just call it Byzantine like a normal person, it's an established term and not a misleading one, why does it matter if it wasn't used?

>people not calling it Byzantine

"Byzantine" is a cool word. It just sounds nice to say. Anyone who hates it is a faggot.

Even its short version "BYZ" is aesthetic

no

thread over

>Byzantine

Attached: 1516487654955.jpg (380x250, 13K)

Just call it the medieval Roman Empire

Attached: laughing late eastern roman.jpg (642x960, 94K)

This is now BYZ thread.

Attached: byz set.jpg (1564x1078, 514K)

>The remaining Venetianboos will be hunted down and defeated! Any collaborators will suffer the same fate. These have been trying times, but we have passed the test. The fourth crusade has left us scarred and deformed, but I assure you our resolve has never been stronger

Attached: Bulgar Slayer.jpg (250x370, 26K)

Why don't we just call them Romanians, what like those mercenaries did?

Oh I thought this was going to be a thread about the dumb fact that you can now form the Byzantine Empire in HoI4

Wait what? Is that in the DLC?

I forgot if you can do it in Vicky 2 or if it's a mod.
It actually makes sense in the 19th century though, because of the Megali Idea and Roman identity.

1025 best borders
This is the real reason it's so popular.

Attached: Map_Byzantine_Empire_1025-pt.svg.png (1000x562, 247K)

I dunno, even back during independence the Greeks tried to hark more to Classical Greece than Rome (why they called themselves Hellenes instead of Romaoi or whatever).
They still wanted Constantinople though.

I think it came with the patch, not the DLC.

That's Germany M8

>not calling it the Constantinople Empire

The idea of a roman identity still existed though. I kinda want to play HoI4 now.

Regardless of any concept of Roman identity and Hellenic identity, or even a Greco-Roman identity, there was never some ethno-cultural concept of "Byzantium" that people could develop nationalism out of, to our knowledge.