/routine thread/

Routine thread
Stop spamming the catalog with your shitty routine edition

Post your lifting routine and ask questions you have about exercises and programming.
Some quick info for beginners

>#1: Read the Fucking Sticky

>If you want to gain/lose weight, TRACK YOUR CALORIES
>Unless you're late-Intermediate to Advanced, a tried and tested program made by professionals is always going to be better than something you came up with or read on the internet.
>Greyskull LP is overral the best beginner routine (pic is one good variation)
>SS, Reg Park's, SL or any LP program based on barbell lifts will fine too
Unless you want to get into Powerlifting, then Candito's or P2W programs are the best.
As a beginner you just need to pick a routine and stick to it, dont change stuff up too often.

>Bodyweight exercises are a good gauge to know if you're gaining too much fat too quickly. If your Rows and DL are progressing but your pullups are laggin behind, chances are you gotta lose some weight. do em
if you can't do pullups, use band-assisted pullups or negatives. they work

>You can gain strenght while losing fat. Unless you're pretty advanced, Cut/Bulk is not really needed, just stay at a sensible bf% and eat enough healthy food and plenty of protons
>track your fucking calories

>"Cardio kills gains" is a meme. You need cardiovascular health and aerobic capacity
>do HIIT optimally, low intensity steady state cardio is fine too, HIIT can be tough to recover from.

>You should STRETCH. Make it a habit. Mobility is crucial both for gains and muscle health.
>Do not static stretch before lifting, stretching cold muscles makes them more prone to injury and hinders your strenght.
>Do Dynamic warmups, warm up ALL joints and antagonistic muscles before a lift

If you're having trouble progressing, your routine is solid, you're resting, eating and sleeping enough, feel free to post a form check.

we need to push the high volume low intensity meme

I'm thinking of starting doing PHAT, what do you guys think? Is it legit or just a meme?

So after 2 years on ss and pgreyskull without getting stronger, ive started on alphadestiny's novice program (1month in). Im wondering if anyone's tried it and found it good or if its just a meme- program that's just like (or worse) than all the others?

I've increased my 3x5 squat thus far, and other lifts are on their way, but i dunno if thats just because ive changed my mindset and now really want to get strong or if its a decent program?

PHUL is better

Vital Stats: 26M Height 180 cm | Weight 74 kg

New poster here (Long time lurker). I need some help in trying to gain more strength in the chest / arm area using dumbbells and medicine balls.

I have been doing pic related x 6 sets (or until 1.5 hrs) but my fitness says its 'useless movement'.

How do I improve my current set or should I keep sticking to it?

my gym enthusiast friend* instead of fitness.

it's pretty heavy

>Long time lurker
>this bullshit
first of all try to focus on progression as in more reps, more weight or more of your 'sets'
second if you don't have the money stick with scoobysworkshop.com
I guess thats all I have to say

delete that notepad file and get a gym membership

Just started 3 weeks ago:

5x5 bench
5x5 OHP
5x5 squat or 3x5 squat + 3x5 deadlift
5x5 pendlay row
3xMax pull ups
3x10 dumbbell lateral raise
5x10 calf raise
6x10 machine crunches

Is this good Veeky Forums?

Forgot to add: I do this 3x week

It might just be that you're actually fucking lifting this time, because if you were on SS or Greyskull for 2 years and got no stronger, the extent to which you weren't actually on SS or Greyskull is not even measurable by science.

Warm up:
Clams
Donkey kicks
hip abduction machine 2x20 low weight

Squat 3x5+
Bulgarian split squats 3x12
RDLs 3x12
DB bench 3x8
DB OHP 3x8
DB row 3x8
Lat pull down 3x12
Cable pull throughs 4x12
Standing calf raises 4x12

burn out: plate hip thrusts 2x20

3x a week

Will I get thicc?

it's a bit much. Rest longer between sets, lift more weight and do less sets. Orientate at gslp, ss, sl,...

10x3 squat
16x2 dead lift
10x3 bench
5x5 OHP

6 days a week

your warmup is autistic, rep ranges are fine, number of sets and exerises may need adjustment over time ofc
other than that it's good as far as I can tell. Maybe some curls?

and leg raises

My warm up is so I can activate my glutes so I can feel them during my squats

I'm currently doing Glp, but I replaced the Deadlifts with Squats and take two rest days after every workout. Should I include Deadlifts? I often read that people have lower back problems because of them. Or is it because they are using shitty form?

I'm out of town working for a couple months and only have access to a Bowflex and a kettlebell.
What's a good routine?

Does someone have a good source on short conditioning workouts beside Brian Alsruhe's videos?

what's a good at home routine for ottermode? minimal space right now so only willing to buy small equipment

If your goal is ottermode just do bodyweight exercises

nice one lad

no, do a real program

do deadlifts, they're the most important exercise for any strenght routine

do bodyweight and dont be fat for a year
or lift and dont be fat for 6 months

>Almost finished reading starting strength
>Joining a gym as soon as I move
>Considering going with Greyskull

So... is the book any good?

After 5 months into lifting I'm trying to find a good routine for the moment. After fiddling around I have build 2 routines. In addition I do weighted crunches and core stuff like planks, bridges and supermans everytime I hit the gym.

Squat, bench press and DL are not possible because no equipment and no other gym available. If not stated otherwise always 3-4x8 reps 2 mins rest. 2-3/week + cardio

Opinions, ideas, comments?

first is full body 4 times

day 1
front lat pull
rows (machine)
upper back/rear delt machine
erector spinae machine 3x20
butterfly
assisted dips
leg press feet wide
sitting leg curls
standing calf raises
lunges

day 2
rear lat pull
chest press
millitary press
lat raises
leg press narrow feet
lying leg curls
sitting calf raises
adductor machine 3x20
abductor machine 3x20

day 3
assisted pull ups
rows (tower)
butterfly
biceps dumbbell curls
triceps (tower)
leg press feet wide
sitting leg curls
standing calf raises
glutes machine

day 4
front lat pull narrow parallel grip T-Bar rows 3x8
chest press
millitary press
bend over lateral raises (tower)
leg press narrow feet
lying leg curls
sitting calf raises
adductor machine 3x20
abductor machine 3x20

second is 2 x push/pull with legs divided

day 1 - push
assisted dips
butterfly
lateral raises
triceps
leg press narrow feet
standing calf raises
sitting calf raises
lunges

day 2 - pull
front lat pull or narrow front lat pull
assisted pull ups
rows (machine)
upperback/rear delts machine
biceps curl machine
sitting leg curls
lying leg curls
adductor machine 3x20
abductor machine 3x20

day 3 - push
millitary press
chest press
butterfly
triceps
bend over lateral raises
leg press narrow feet
standing calf raises
sitting calf raises
glutes machine

day 4 - pull
rear lat pull
rows (machine)
T-Bar
biceps dumbbell curls
sitting leg curls
lying leg curls
adductor machine 3x20
abductor machine 3x20

Before you ask; I'm male and I do abd/add because of fucked up hips/legs

I'm doing pic related variation of GSLP.
I add every workout 2 sets of curls and 2 sets of triceps (Preacher curls/hammer curls ; parallel bar dips/rope push down). Is it enough volume (I'm in the 8~12 range)?
I'm 140lbs, and I do weighted chins with 49lbs added.
Also, I'm following the "Frequency Method" from the GSLP book. It's basically daily body weight stuff, adding sets/reps each week. Ending this week, I'm at 8x8 chin ups, and 15x8 push ups.How much reps should I aim for in the long run?

I'm skinnyfat and really want to lose all the fat on my belly. Since for this to work I'd need to cut, there's no way I'd be able to make linear progression on the likes of SL/GSLP/SS; so my plan is this:

Run AllPro's for around 3 months while cutting (whilst meeting protein quota) and see if I can maintain it without stalling and having to eat more, and then after that switch to Greyskull and start the traditional progression. Will this work?

You can be on a cut on GSLP and progress. Gosh I've done that while running 3 to 4h a week... Granted the progress isn't as good as it could be be you're still gaining muscle and loosing fat.

You're only meant to be on those routines for 2/3 months lul