/fat/ snow is healthier than water edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L_uBH9vWV4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CONFESS YOU FAT FUCKS

If you have nothing to confess tell us what you're doing right. Reach them goals.

is Niacin good?

Just give up, you know you want to.

Today is my cheat day. Yes, cheat DAY. I don't necessarily want to eat a huge plate of fast food nor spend the money on it so I usually just eat my usual shit just a little more than usual. However I did get a pint of eggnog for today. I will try to drink only half and keep my overall calories below maintenance.

i don't like you
i like you a lot.

I joined a gym finally. I know that once winter comes there is no way I will be walking outside. Sadly it's planet fitness but they have free trainers always and they gave me a time sheet on when to avoid people. So it will be nice to know I can learn and workout without feeling embarrassed.

Down to 195 from over 300, running and doing lots of bodyweight stuff. Progress is still slow but it's progress.

Keep it you you’re gonna make it.

First step toward a healthier you, my friend. You're going to do great.

Keep it going, man. You've lost a skinny white girl's amount of body weight. That's something to be proud of.

>today was my second time measuring myself on a weekly basis, so my first time seeing progress in terms of numbers
>last week I was 252.6lbs
>today I'm 249lbs
>lost 3.6lbs in a week

That's a great start. Also get a sewing tape measure and start measuring your body fat %. More goals to reach for.

i've lost weight for the first time in like two months. this was an awful plateau, but i'm making it

The curse is broken. Keep it going.

I consumed well over 21 thousand calories today.

how the fuck do you do this? i feel like a worthless fatfuck with no hope if i go over like 3000

bullshit
did you eat a fucking dinosaur?

I can feel my abs now

Anyone else dealing with really bad depression? My entire day just feels full of dread. Nothing really feels like it matters. Im out of school until march so i just sit around playing games, browsing the web, and working manual labor. It feels like theres a filter of jusy pure dread and worthlessness over my entire life. My head screams that nothing is worth working for when i could just do what my primal brain really wants and just sit on my ass and binge eat myself to death. The only thing that keeps me hopping back on the wagon after a binge is the support of my boyfriend (gay here) and a small voice in the back of my head telling me I'd be less miserable if i wasnt 240 pounds.

Wake-up snack/Breakfast
>Two sticks of butter, melted with basil and garlic powder for a drink. It tastes really good.
>around ten recees peanut butter cup packages double stufed
>50 pc mcnuggets from mcdonalds with three large fries and a diet dr pepper + apple pie

Brunch:
>3 fried chimichangas from local mexican place
>fried ice-cream

Lunch:
>Footlong meatball sub from subway with cheetos and cherry coke

Linner:
>three ramen packages with half flank steak mixed in
>half sleeve of chips ahoy cookies

Dinner:
>Wingstop two orders of 5 pc parm chicken tenders and two orders of large fry with cherry coke

Midnight snack:
>left over burgerking

>Two sticks of butter

lost me there, you are more pig than man

I ate an whole pot full of pasta with tons of butter and salt yesterday.

After dinner.

It's really good, the garlic powder and basil make it though you should try it with like a 4th stick of butter on your cheat day just to see if you like it

You need to post less frequently lad you've not raised a genuine chuckle for a while now. Too much of a good thing.

>tfw rich piana died but this pig of a human is still alive

Why is earth so unfair?

>Two sticks of butter, melted with basil and garlic powder for a drink. It tastes really good

oh dear god

>1488

Anyways, this shit isn't funny anymore user.

Hey guys. I've been seriously slipping these past few days...all I needed to do is lose 20 more pounds as soon as possible but I think I've lost all the progress I made, my deficits, over the past few weeks in mere moments.

Wut do

As soon as possible means as possible. You've messed up. Admonish yourself for it, you bitch. After you're done get back into it. Getting back on the horse is the only way to succeed after failure.

Hit 210 today, started 5 months ago at 250

So, pretty happy. Not quite at 1/2/3/4, but close on all -- 1/1.75/2.5/3

Bought slim cut pants for the first time, and they look good

>lying on the internet
please stop

>Lost some weight and now just overweight instead of morbidly obese. Still have a lot to go.
>I feel bad because the rest of my family is still obese.
>Visit my family for the day, decide to monitor my brother's calorie intake for the day to see how much he's eating.
>For breakfast alone, he ate: one peanut butter sandwich with two tbsp on each bread : 570 calories, three eggs: 210 cal, three sausages: 600, one cup of rice: 250 cal, two pizza pockets: 500 cal, and finished that with a coffee with cream, sugar and milk: 250 cals
>Total calories for mourning breakfast: 2380 calories

Asked him if he plans to eat a large breakfast, skip lunch altogether, and only have a light dinner for the rest of the day. He looks at me like I'm joking and said his breakfast was probably around 1500 calories or less.

In total, he eat over 6000 calories for the entire day. I used to eat at that level, and never knew it. If someone told me how much I ate for one day, my guess would be around my brother's and assume it was only around 3000 calories or less.

This is exactly why you have to track. Making your body a machine requires engineering and math.

>mourning breakfast
kek
>being okay with a 1500kcal breakfast
jesus is he bulking that hard?

>ate 1500 calories yesterday
>woke up and took a gargantuan shit

what does this mean

I got a new license today, feels good seeing the numbers change from 5'11" 230lb to 6'0" 185lb on the card. I went to the gym afterwards and worked out twice as hard.
I also noticed more people take the initiative to talk to me. I had a decent jaw hiding under my fat which makes my face look better, and I grew out my facial hair to look more mature. We're all gonna make it.

>Family visits
>They want to go eat breakfast
>All my calories are gone and it's not even lunch or dinner

monthly update

i'm rdy to die desu

those were your choices man
next time get 3 eggs and toast, not Mac and Cheese and a fucking country skillet -- what the fuck were you thinking?

I was reading the description and eat said it comes with eggs, potatoes, onions, and cheese I thought it wouldn't be that much...

I was considering suicide as my only option a year back before I started losing weight and now I'm looking forward to the future. You have to make changes to your life if you want to fight your way out of it. A turning point won't appear if you do the same things everyday. Don't aim too high and start with small goals. It's a tough cycle, good luck user. Tell me if you want to know what I exactly did to get out.

Details please. And thanks for the reply

Jesus Christ lmao I'm so sorry for your body

i know right, cursed by genetics i guess.

You look like the Looney Toons characters where they pull up their pants and all their weight drops to their hips.

Good job though

Dont worry, all skinny ppl with no muscle look like shit. You just have to deal with looking deflated on top of it. Build some muscle, especially obliques and lats and you'll look better. Either way looking thin in clothes is better than looking fat in clothes

that sucks bro . part of the problem is monkey mind. try meditation the headspace app is a good start and there a are plenty of you vids on mindfulness.
I really like the body scan vids

Thanks lads. Just got back from the first unbroken 20 minute run of c25k, was hard but remembering that six months ago I'd dread going places if it meant walking uphill in public it felt amazing. We're all gonna make it.

>two sticks of butter

>similar to your weight working a 9-5 job a couple years after dropping out my junior year
>only reason I went to work was because of a tiny sense of responsibility and the money
>goals to lose weight, go back to school, or meet new friends but everyday I would just wake up for work(usually late)do my shift and go home to eat pizza in front of the computer
>I realized how toxic my life was but the depression of a bleak unknown future crippled me. Everything just seemed to get worse over time
>something inside me one day woke up.
>don't know exactly what it was, desire to change, being tired of it all, or an accumulation of motivation, but I had the energy at that moment to start making a difference in my life
>didn't diet, didn't sign up for school, didn't meet new people.
>just cleaned my computer desk.
>there was a ton of dust and empty boxes of pizza, took me around 15 minutes to do it.
>It made me feel good that I did something extra that day. So the next day I cleaned the rest of my room, and another day I cleaned the kitchen
>life was so shitty that my only dopamine rush was when I cleaned the house
>but somehow my depression was getting better after each time
>started smoking weed. Veeky Forums hates weed but I think it's really good for depression because it can rewire your thoughts when correctly used
>use it before/after cleaning to make it fun and more rewarding
>find new locations to smoke and relax, experience life outside of my small mental bubble
>look at life at a new angle
>eventually get back into exercise because my depression got better
>kept making myself feel good with each additional productive habit
>stopped going on the computer so much.
>fixed my bad sleep schedule
>now try to learn new things everyday by reading and youtube videos
>don't even smoke weed anymore because there's no need for it
>reaching goals I set for myself each week

cont.

Breakfast:
One Whole grain bread with curd, 1 banana

Lunch:
1 banana and 37 gram of gouda cheese and 100 gram of mozerella cheese

Dinner:
250 gram of rice and another 37 gram of gouda cheese

I just could run for 15 minutes with breaks..:(

Had a taco bell crunchy chicken quesadila box last night. Think that took me just to maintaince though

>losing a lot of weight while improving fitness levels at this point
>start seeing long-term changes
>view on life also becomes longer-term
>more confident and more social
>qt3.14 called me cute the other day
>future bright and clear

So I think the way of getting out of depression is to break the cycle somehow. You're stuck with a chemical imbalance in your brain and the only way out is to offset that imbalance one step at a time. It's a long, slow battle that you fight everyday. This was longer than I wanted it to be but hopefully it'll help.

My aunt sent me a box of Mystery Flavor Oreos in the mail. Holy crap they are god awful. Tastes like fruity pebbles with cocoa pebbles mixed in. Had to spit it out in the sink.

America is really fucked with the sugar addiction, I can't believe the general population even considers this food, let alone the people coming up with these shitty flavors every month.

Today's breakfast:
>9 hard-boiled eggs
>3 slices of whole wheat toast
>1/2 cup of pepto-bismal

>>started smoking weed. Veeky Forums hates weed but I think it's really good for depression because it can rewire your thoughts when correctly used
Agreed. The herb is an amazing tool for self-improvement if one chooses to use it that way. It's all up to the individual though.

Btw, if you're still using it and burning, consider switching to some sort of pocket vaping device. I picked up a cheap Black Sub-Herb tank to quit all forms of smoking a few months ago and the lung gains have been glorious.

>Linner:

>lung gains

Does it really make that much difference? I'm about six months off the cigs but still smoke a few bowls a week, my lungs are still recovering but I didn't think that little smoking would have much of an effect

binging on food is the only thing that gives me happiness, and even that's not particularly great anymore

Buy way less fatty fatty 2by4 can't fit through the kitchen door food per month, buy proper diet food for losing weight with an increased protein focus, register your calories with myfitnesspal(It even contains product names that show the nutrition values of them) tier apps, and start with small weights, focusing on proper form and mixing in some cardio days as well, take walks every day/every other day.
And remember; we're going to make it.
Falling down is hard, getting up is harder, but by repeated endeavours, we get better at getting up, and better at falling less hard.
Keep it up.

I'm hovering around 190lbs, is it overkill to run in the morning and go to the gym in the afternoon?

been listening to this album particularly this track helps me keep my mind pure and my cut steady

youtube.com/watch?v=L_uBH9vWV4M

What's your height?

>barely made it below maintenance today
>no plans tonight but the night is very young

Wew. Gonna be comfy at the computer for the next 8 hours resisting food.

What about it makes you "happy"?

Diet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> exercise

So yeah, it's overkill. Walking? Nah. But excess aerobics literally forces your heart muscles into tearing apart. And they don't really get rest.

Why do you think long distance runners have such a curious mortality rate? Why do they "drop dead" more than the average person.

If you're worried about weight, or can't stop binging ( ), just eat fats and meats. I'm not going to say "Eat vegetables' because I don't deal with that shit. But what a high-fat high-protein diet allows you to do is EAT UNTIL SATIATION.

All the moralisms and sick quotes of idiotic stupidity seem nothing when you realize
1. Your body has a mechanism for "being satisfied" via the hormone Leptin.
2. You cuck leptin by eating high carb
3. When you switch, YOU ACTUALLY GET SATISFIED.

It's as hard to gain weight on a diet of bacon, eggs, butter, half n half, and coconut oil than it is to lose weight on an average high carb diet.

The only downside is that the transition involves feeling like shit for three days. Than you feel better than ever.

PS: Calorie tracking is for idiots who don't realize they already have a mechanism via Leptin and for idiots who don't realize that caliorimetry measurements are inaccurate to up to 40% and that most food manufacturers fudge numbers to lower calories and increase "the good stuff" on the nutrition label.

Anybody who calorie tracks is being taken for a complete fucking fool.
For fucks sakes....

Use a box vape mod.
Get a concentrate, like one for a vape pen.
FAT HUFFS AND PUFFS ALL DAY EVERyDAY

it takes me away from my problems while i'm eating.

The gym or a walk in the park can also take you away from your problems.

Or you can watch binge eating videos and binge vicariously through others.

CONT.

And practice intermittent fasting. I will preach this over and over. Your body has components that need cleanup, that need to refresh while the brain is sleeping, etc.

By eating around the clock, you're telling the garbage men of your body to fuck off until the citizens stop dumping trash. The problem is YOU KEEP DUMPING TRASH. It's essential you have, at least, an 8-12 hour period where you don't eat shit. You can fit 6-8 hours just by normal sleep.

Had too much to eat the past three days. Haven’t exceeded my TDEE, but it’s time to go back to being super strict.
I’ve learned it’s still important that I weigh and measure absolutely everything I eat.

>seeing beads of sweat fall off while on my weekend treadmill sessions
>noticably having less trouble reaching the distance/time I was doing when I first started

Like 5'8.5"

That's nothing try going 16hours not eating because you went almost over your limit during breakfast.

>averaged 500 calories below my maintenance
>should have lost 1 pound
>lost 3.4 instead
How?

How is running in the morning and going to gym later an excess? Long distance runners die or injure their hearts because they are pushing their body limits too much by running marathons for years, as long as user isn't doing that much it should be fine and even healthy.

Also calorie tracking isn't idiotic, it's great for beginners to nutrition. Not everyone can perfectly manage what they eat but they want to start losing weight. Calorie counting is an easy measurement, just overestimate to make up for inaccuracies.

Probably won't have much an impact if you're only having a few bowls per week. I was going through 2grams a day with smoking and cut down to 1-1.5g with vaping. You should be OK.

Idiots! Calories matter far less than the satiation value of the food you are eating.

You get cravings because you eat junk carbs, or food mixed with junk carbs, and cuck your own sense of being full via Leptin. I've gone days without eating feeling perfectly fine.

It's almost as if we emerged from an evolutionary environment where food wasn't guaranteed on a daily basis and an environment (that probably stretches back far further than human prehistory) where the body prioritized getting nutrients from food in belly and then focused on other shit later.

Treadmills are stupid. Walk you fuck. Lift weights. Treadmills are terrible because they enforce a habit of locomotion that is just slightly off enough to be off when walking on actual ground.

Learn how to fox walk too. Because our evolutionary milieu was contact with the ground or at least minimal sole. Sneakers fuck your feet up because they force you to hit the ground flat. Get minimalist shoes (at least for exercise) and practice your gait. Put the balls of the feet first and then the heel. After a few months of practice you get better agility and reflexes.

or in a tl;dr way

It's a lot easier losing weight on a high-fat high-protein diet. Because you stop cucking leptin. Being a fat guy (assuming), you have elevated levels of Leptin. It should be fantastically easy for you to lose weight. But you keep cucking it by eating high-carb and eating around the clock.

Calories don't mean shit when you can eat 'till satiation and not have an urge to pig out on more food, not fullness of your stomach.

Paleo: The Post.

I generally agree with everything you've said so far, but man it comes off as excessively douchey. People need to be less scared of dietary fat.

I literally eat chicken and rice everyday and I still get cravings so nope you wrong.

Not him but rice is kinda meh as a staple carb.

See it from my perspective. I was a fat kid for most of my schooling. I went through diets and stupid explanations and years of bullshit. And then I found something that worked and...

Well thinking back gets me mad to say the least. And all the fucking stupidity vomited at us.

Stop eating the rice you dumb fucker. You will see the difference in three days. IF you stop eating shitty carbs (cereal grains are shitty carbs).

How the fuck am I suppose to get to 1200 calories a day then. If I eat only veggies and chicken breast there's no way in hell I'm making it.

I know exactly how you feel, man. I went through the same awakening 3 years ago. It's responsible for the biggest weight loss period of my life (90 lbs).

Dude

1. Calorimetry is inaccurate
2. The body treats a routine of fat and protein differently than carbs.

I'm fucking telling you. You eat 'tlll you're saited. And you just stop. there's no nervous fucking fidgeting wondering if you can just have one more cracker. It's a miracle when you experience it.

WARNING: The transition is 2-3 days and you will feel fantastically shitty until mid 3-day or beginning of the 4th day.

And I'm telling you if I stop eating rice i'll go into starvation mode since I'm not hitting at least 1200calorie limit I'm suppose too.

I use a treadmill because it means I don't have to go outside of my house (I go outside five days a week for work, fuck doing that shit on weekends) and because I can watch stuff on youtube on my phone easily. You can't top these benefits.

>I eat the same shit every day
>I still get cravings

Yeah, because you eat the same thing all the time. Change up your diet.

Ok let me just go eat some fast food real quick

Congratulations you are dumb as hell.

I've been fucking up lately. I haven't been counting my calories. I've just been eating whatever the fuck. My mom bought me 3 packs of protein bars and I ate one from each box. I also had pudding, yogurt with little M&Ms, chicken tenders, milk.. Damn. I don't think I really hit 3000 calories today, but I've just been fucking around lately. It's as if I just don't care. I gotta stop bullshitting now.

>>Two sticks of butter, melted with basil and garlic powder for a drink. It tastes really good.
really disgusting shit
RIP

You're making the goal take longer...

Why don't you just advocate fasting? Still keto without all the meat/dairy poison.

It's more important to stick to the exercise and diet regimen when you don't feel like it or you don't care because that builds discipline. If you're only going to do the work when you have the motivation to then you're never gonna make it. Stop being a pussy.

Thanks for admitting you are stupid.

I just ate a sleeve of rice cakes and drank a ton of water to help curb my appetite but I'm still somehow hungry.

Fuck this shit.

Did this shit all of October. Sat myself down in the bathroom mirror and literally looked myself in the eye and told myself to cut that shit out. It worked so far, but my gut is not gonna look good again for a while :( end it as soon as you can.