Muscle vs skill

Does it really matter if youre ripped but cant fight? I mean at that point youre basically just walking around with useless balloon arms.

>aw hes out of breathe, but he looks like hes in such good shape! Aw!

Look at Joe Rogan, his skill is equally balanced with his body. He is perfect.

Why do you not seek this balance?

Ever seen a bodybuilder fight? Its fucking hilarious

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Nikolajewitsch_Boizow
rt.com/sport/398858-yuri-vlasko-murder-video/
krav-maga-koeln.com
bild.de/news/inland/schlaegerei/so-sieht-man-aus-wenn-man-zivilcourage-zeigt-40201364.bild.html
mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/BJJ-BB-raped-by-20-imates-after-child-abuse:2314674
welt.de/vermischtes/weltgeschehen/article106168657/Kickbox-Vizeweltmeister-Doky-zu-Tode-gepruegelt.html
mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/07/jogger_shot_killed_along_rural.html
youtube.com/watch?v=syeD36UZ-8w
youtube.com/watch?v=poiS5RsTObQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is now a Berserk aesthetic thread.

It is mostly your will to fight. Civilized humans have evolved to not mortally hurt each other.

>Civilized humans have evolved to not mortally hurt each other.

this. resorting to violence is pretty nigger tier unless you're doing it for a sport.

I worked out to look good and be stronger who cares
If I look intimidating then no one will fight me

I got beat up by a girl who does kung fu a while back. It was so fucking humiliating.

At least I'm not a manlet like Joe Rogan.

Look at Woodley vs Wonderboy, Woodely beat the fuck out of Wonderboy becaus of his superior athleticism aka strength and muscles. If Wonderboy did some lifting and put on some decent mass, especially in his legs and posterior chain he would have been a much better fighter and smashed Woodley.

did she make you kiss her feet after?

MasT I thought you were banned

just stop it nobody is out there fighting women you fucking larping faggot

>bodybuilders actually believe this
>I refuse to be prepared because I dont want to even consider the situation
Joe Rogan would kill you in 3 seconds
Woodley did not beat Wonderboy. Also, you're dumb as shit for referencing an MMA fighter and pretending hes a bodybuilder. Woodley is balanced in size and skill, just like Joe Rogan is. He knows more about MMA than you ever will.

Who cares
Nobody cares about fighting
Boxers look like shit in clothes

Yes but then he’s probably have to be a middleweight

I do calisthenics
It's rather good for practical strenght, i can do a handstand now as well

I'll be honest. At the end of the day, does anything matter if you can't fight?

Like really. This is what I don't get. How can you feel accomplished in something if you know someone can just take it away from you easily?

The knowledge that someone better than you can just grab you and choke you unconscious and steal everything you own+rape your wife and kids should be a horrible reality to live with.. but nobody seems to care?

I guess maybe it's different in america. I can understand the mindset being different there if you have a gun etc... But here in Europe nobody has that safety net..

Sorry I' ramble not even sure that the thread is about.

>hey look at me my body hs no functional ability
>STOP TELLING ME I SHOULD BE FUNCTIONAL

It is the duty of all men to master their minds and their bodies and combat skills are one of the largest parts of that.

Your lack of martial knowledge is why you dont find it important.

You are secure in a fake reality and nobody has shaken it yet.

They are literally pretending it couldnt happen to them. Thats all. Its pathetic and wrong to be so complacent and unprepared.

I know how to box and wrestling from high school but I rather bodybuild than dedicate training for martial arts
Sparring is not fun okay

It is called interpersonal trust, and the west i built on it. If I am sitting in class and a nigger behind me sneakily steals something out of my bag, everyone one who sees this happen will call it out and stop it. If someone within the community is attacked, the community will help.

Partly the reason black communities fail so hard is their 'snitches get stitches' rule.

Woodely is the UFC's #1 strategic mastermind. He also has wrestling in his background. He has superior athleticism, but rewatch the fight if you think that was some sort of brains vs brawns fight.

Also, if Wonderboy put on weight, he'd have to go to a higher weight division.

>Woodly
>mastermind
Get a load of this nigger. For all the shit that hangs around there can be no doubt. McNuggets is a fucking genuis when it comes to striking. No one in the divisions is on his level. Woodley is a freak athlete though. His explosiveness in the early rounds is something to behold.

You clearly dont grasp anything related to martial arts
The point is to have a balance between body and skill

But balance is not important anymore
People talk about guns in terms of self defense and although you knowing how to fight is dope in terms of drunk fights and gang ups but that has happened to me once in my 25 year life

Woodley stood there and watched Rory jab him in the face the entire fight. Woodley will literally do nothing if he doesn't know he will land a good shot.

He's basically Nate Marquardt who happened to be KO'ed by Nate. They have incredible talents, but they freeze right the fuck up. Arlovski does this too.

>I dont live my life therefore I dont have to be worried about anything because I dont experience anything

Cool.

Fighting is used for one thing
Fighting
You can’t have fun beating up people

>You can’t have fun beating up people
oh how wrong you are

Confirmed for absolute moron.

Kung fu was used to do daily chores and jobs. Improved coordination cannot be replaced.

Knowing how to fight improves every single facet of your life, and being comfortable and conveniently away from danger is NOT a reason not to practice.

Martial arts are not something society can simply grow out of, because you will never get better cross-training for literally anything you do in life.

>You : I'm gonna beat you up, take the small amount of cash you carry etc.

>Me : pulls out sig p226 that I practice with twice a week

Nothin personnel, kid

>the chances of somebody mugging you on the street are low unless you're asking for it (ie live in a niggerhood)
>you can't do anything against a group unless they're all pussies or you're a pro-tier fighter
>if they have a knife, gun, other weapon you're very likely fucked even if you're well trained

You should just give them your shit and report it to the police like a civilized person.

If they come into your home all bets are off though and you just should try to beat them with a baseball bat or something. You don't really need to be trained for that.

beyata

I'm not sure if you've ever been in a street fight but if you know how to throw a punch you more or less know how to fight. look at mma with those small gloves people get knocked out left & right by guys who barely have any type of boxing skill. just land shots in the right spot.

street fight is even more extreme as any fighter will tell you anyone athletic and can throw a punch can knock out anyone. l

Ignorance, the post

Lol you dumb ass american, most of the entire world fights with their legs before they use their fists

You dont know shit and thinking a wild punch will keep you safe is retarded as shit

>if you know how to throw a punch you more or less know how to fight
christ

I used to do BJJ and wrestling, but I don't really give a shit anymore. Just wanna look good and get stronger. I don't care if some guy out there might be a better fighter than me.

>pussy bitches who will never know the confidence that comes with the ability to physically defend yourself
Men At least you seem like you could do shit at first glance

What’s the best martial art to defend yourself in street fight?

Under 8 meters distance, you're fucked, m8. That's like 9 or 10 yards, ie pose off distance.

Boxing and wrestling are nothing in a streetfight. Same with Krav Maga and BJJ.

Proof? Glad you asked:
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Nikolajewitsch_Boizow
German Big White Hope in heavyweight boxing, got destroyed in a street fight, nobody knows who or how or why. He's handicapped now, but at least not in a coma anymore.

Wrestling:
rt.com/sport/398858-yuri-vlasko-murder-video/
Yuri Vlasko, 20 year old, 2-time European champion in freestyle wrestling (aka, better than you or your coach will ever be), gets killed by some bums at a lake. He tried to fight back, but grappling is of course useless in a street fight.

Krav Maga:
Teacher Dominik L.
krav-maga-koeln.com
gets beaten up by two Arabs in Ludwigshafen
bild.de/news/inland/schlaegerei/so-sieht-man-aus-wenn-man-zivilcourage-zeigt-40201364.bild.html
He needed 30 stitches.

BJJ:
mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/BJJ-BB-raped-by-20-imates-after-child-abuse:2314674
BJJ Professor who raped his own stepson got beaten to shit by inmates, then raped by 20 prisoners in jail.

Muay Thai:
welt.de/vermischtes/weltgeschehen/article106168657/Kickbox-Vizeweltmeister-Doky-zu-Tode-gepruegelt.html
Slovakian Vice world champion and trainer of the Slovak national team gets beaten to death in streetfight.

Here you go. Use google translate, sicne most of these a German sources (Germany has by far the hardest street fights anywhere in the world, always with martial arts, weapons and anything you can think of). There are lots of other stories.

In short: Modern martial arts are useless if even world champions can't defend themselves against run-of-the-mill street thugs. I looked for examples without any guns (though they are used in Germany, too) to show you how shit "martial" sports are in a real crisis.

Then, there is also the fight footage form G20 in Hamburg. Police vs Antifa/Mafia guys, which showed that MMA and all other modern arts are fucking fake.

you're a retard. coming up with a single example (in which all of them were outnumbered or you don't even know what happened) does not prove they are always useless. It takes 1 shot to get knocked out, so yes some random can get lucky against a trained guy given enough random fights around the world. put a trained guy vs a non trained guy, who are you placing your bets on? you get 25 to 1 odds if you bet your life savings, who do you bet on?

>coming up with a single example
How many would you need, Mr. American education?

>in which all of them were outnumbered or you don't even know what happened
That is what a streetfight is, you retard.

>does not prove they are always useless
It proves they fail when needed most.

>It takes 1 shot to get knocked out, so yes some random can get lucky against a trained guy given enough random fights around the world. put a trained guy vs a non trained guy, who are you placing your bets on? you get 25 to 1 odds if you bet your life savings, who do you bet on?
I bet on the 2-20 guys of course. A pro fighter is a sitting duck outside the relatively cozy ring.

>world champions are not good enough as an example
lmao

glock 36

MURRCA': the post

Fine I'll take your shitty ass bait
>Boxing
>nobody knows who or how or why
>Wrestling
Is obviously useless against more than one attacker
>Krav Maga
Fucking meme mc dojo instructor got his ass kicked what a surprise
>BJJ
Literally 20 against one in an enclosed space.
>Muay Thai
He was shitfaced and those weren't your run off the mill drunkards. Those were some legit thugs looking to hurt him for whatever reason and it doesn't say how or with what they eventually got him.
Your whole post is just a bunch of cherry picked examples. You don't hear about guys who manage to get out of those situations unharmed because of their training.
Confirmation bias/10

>Mr. American education?
yea, sorry my American education taught me anecdotes prove nothing...

I can't tell if you're acting retarded just cause you don't want to let go of your point, or if you genuinely believe you've made good points.
if I show you a video of multiple guys getting beat up by 1, does that prove outnumbering people is useless?
if I show you a video of a big guy getting beat up by a little one, does that mean size is useless?
if I show you a video of a guy with a with a gun being overpowered and made helpless, does that mean guns are useless?
single examples say nothing about the overall distribution. What percent of untrained guys win vs trained ones? what percent of people with a gun win vs an unarmed assailant? what percent of people jumping a guy beat up the single guy? You're not only completely ignorant on what constitutes proof and proper argumentation, you're incredibly arrogant about it. We call those people niggers. If my american education is so bad, how bad must your 3rd world shithole's be.
nice strawman.

I disagree with your idea that MMA is useless in a streetfight.

Your examples illustrate that martial arts are not a guarantee for victory, but that is all.

Personally I rather be trained in a form of self defence than in none at all.

Ever seen a bodybuilder fight? It's fucking hilarious. Jamie, pull that shit up

boxers actually have pretty aesthetic physiques because they do so much shoulder and ab work

He looks like Mussolini

You are totally right.
They're delusional, weak fags, literally. Summer children, naive and helpless.

any form of striking

bump, plz and thenk

No one understands that martial arts don't teach: awareness, methods how criminals attack, and so much more.

>Nononsenseselfdefence.com

Martial arts are fitness, fun, socializing, yea you can pull some moves out of your ass in a jam.

That alone won't get you out of a bad situation.

I do martial arts daily, compete soon. And just got back from a kali sayoc seminar. I also carry, and do so much more.

I don't have to worry about that since I don't go outside except to go to the gym

>we wuz niggasssss jeez 1v1 irl fgt u cunna do shiiiet bitchass niggas pusssy fite me uh? irl fuckin oussy ass nuiggas bitch

>gets shot

Like Scandinavian countries trusting Russia won’t one day attack them, so they don’t need to have a proper army?

>got stabbed while fumbling with the gun

If someone’s already at a distance to mug you, it’s already too late to pull your gun

>I trained in a McDojo and got beaten up so all martial arts are bullshit

The post

I carry a grenade in my pocket. Just try me kiddo

Yea it helps alot.

I'm a pretty solid martial artist and the benefits are palpable but the closest thing to ever using my martial arts skills has been the confidence in my eyes and body language when asserting myself. It's never come to fighting and in the first world it probably never will.

It's mainly because even though drunks threw right hooks or tried to grab me. Fighting is my fun time comfort zone and I can convincingly play off the attacks they built themselves for as playful banter.

It's you that has the inflated appreciation of martial arts.

These are the same as posting stories of war heroes who were killed later on and pretending they were never hot shit.

There are no win scenarios and it's always better to be prepared.

you could be a fucking black belt in every martial art ever conceived by human kind and this is still all it takes to end your life in a matter of seconds

I'd like to see you dodge your way through my 24" legs that can squat 345 when they're tight around your neck.

but the emotional response you want to convey with this post infers that martial artists are better men than that guy.

Achilles was killed by an arrow too.

You're posting the same bullshit excuses that people try to dissuade others from going to the gym use.

>but the emotional response you want to convey with this post infers that martial artists are better men than that guy.

uhh, no.

i'm saying that it literally doesn't matter how much you train in martial arts because you can't defend yourself from a gun using your mma skills

Why let people know you're a fighter? It's far more efficient to not let people on and have some weapon on you if possible (like a knife).

Don't get into fights, because if you're looking for one, you look childish and like a beta (look at a Anti-fa).

If you get into a situation where it's life-or-death, which is the only time you really should fight, then you have your weapon on you that you can spring out.

A knife is far more deadly than fists. It doesn't matter if you're a black belt in any martial art if a major artery gets cut.

Because there's a minuscule chance I will ever be in a fight since I'm not a retard and an even less chance that the guy is skilled enough at fighting to overcome the probable size difference.
I'd rather spend the X hours it takes to learn to fight doing something that matters.

>attempts pulls out sig
>it goes off putting a hole in your fat leg

>implying that's not my fetish

yes you entirely implied it.

Proficiency with guns is a martial art. Most people go their whole lives without ever getting shot, friend, and martial arts have shitloads of benefits useful all through that life.

You could do zero martial arts. Never leave your pc and still die when you get shot.

>Attempt at humor
>Fails miserably

How can the community help if nobody knows how to fucking fight? It'll just turn into something resembling that video where 10 British policemen are trying to pepperspray one crazy black guy and end up running from him

>yes you entirely implied it.

again, no.

>Most people go their whole lives without ever getting shot, friend,

most people go their whole lives without a lot of things ever happening to them but this still doesn't change the fact that your ability to throw a punch isn't going to save you from getting shot in the back by tyrone and his thug friends.

mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/07/jogger_shot_killed_along_rural.html

Literally less than one lifetime ago the entire civilised world was at war with each other

but nothing will. We all die. Doesn't mean you should discourage people from pursuing really worthwhile endeavors.

>Joe Rogan is 50
wtf

i'm not discouraging anyone, i'm only saying that expecting your martial arts prowess to save you in a physical altercation is dumb because these days anyone can pull a gun out at the last second and end your life

perhaps we evolved since then.

That or we invented peace through nuclear stand off.

but if they don't pull a gun you'll dominate them.

Knowing martial arts isn't a Win Fight Free card it's a learning experience like any other to break down, understand and learn to excel at fighting.

You might not win but you'll definitely do better than you're nonstudied alternative self.

>but if they don't pull a gun you'll dominate them.

you can just as easily pull your own gun and dominate them that much faster without any risk to yourself, and when someone threatens violence against you, you're completely within your rights to do so.

>>bodybuilders actually believe this
Not the guy u responded to, but it is like He said
I am 6'3 with a large frame beard and dark rings around my eyes.
I never ever had to fight some one in my life even though I never have pussied out in Situations.
People change the side of the Streets when I walk towards Them at night.

>get into fight anywhere for any reason
>get knocked onto the ground
>hit head
>paralyzed for life or die

It's literally that easy to accidentally kill or get killed. Some of you alpha males don't seem to understand just how fragile life is. Unless you're a trained fighter, who also still just sometimes fucking die regardless of their training, you should never fight. It's not cool, it doesn't change whatever happened in the first place or make things even, it's caveman shit for men with no control over their emotions.

My balance is based upon the fact I carry a knife with me. So you can use your powerful wing tsun bullshit and I will just cut you if you start any shit with me.
>inb4 a gun
In my country getting a gun permit is virtually impossible and we have around 0,1 weapon per 100 citizens. So if you get shot it was either organized crime or police. Knife is enough for 99% of physical altercations happening on the streets.

yeah also we got something to lose. The guy coming at us has nothing to lose since he is forced into crime. He has to do what he has already started or he is fucked. If we fight him we are gambling our lives.

>0,1 weapon per 100 citizens
Why didn't you just say "1 weapon per 1000 citizens"

Because I am a dummy and I just copied it from our national statistics bureau. I mean, what do you expect from a meathead.

>Does it really matter if youre ripped but cant fight?

No. Because in the real world people don't get in fights all of the time. Assault charges will keep you from job positions and lawyers arent cheap. If you go around in the real world beating people up and getting in trouble for it you're a fucking moron.

The way you look matters way more than if you can fight or not. People will judge you based on your looks. Its the same reason why nobody is impressed by fat powerlifters. Sure you may be strong as hell, but on one gives a shit.

Thats why bodybuilding is tier 1 if were going to talk about real world functional muscle. If you got mass (and your reasonably lean), chances are you can already punch harder, run faster, and lift more than the average person; and thats really all you need to beat 90% of the population.

>Why do you not seek this balance?

I do. Bodybuilding is my main hobby. Martial arts is a secondary hobby of mine. JKD for life bitch!

>Ever seen a bodybuilder fight? Its fucking hilarious.

Have you ever seen a trained bodybuilder fight? Heavyweight fighters are generally carrying alot of muscle and can pack a hell of a punch. Haven't you heard of Mike Tyson, Allistar Overeem, Brock Lesnar, Kimbo Slice, Bas Rutten, Dolph Lundgren, Ken Norton? Hell, Mariusz Pudzianowski, world record strongman went into MMA, and granted he had to shrink down a bit for it, he still has a decent record. There is a reason why weight classes exist friend.

And as a follow up question, why are you disparaging bodybuilders for not knowing how to fight?

Its the equivalent of making fun of a professional frisbee golf player because he lost a game to a professional badminton player.

You cant punch a knife or bullet.

With that said, BJJ was a lot of fun for me. Self defense wise if you go to ground vs someone that knows BJJ even decently you're fucked 9/10, and we all know fights typically end up with a ground and pound.

A form of striking and either wrestling or BJJ experience is needed to be well rounded. One without the other is like fighting one armed.

And remember, even with all the experience and muscles in the world, a lucky haymaker to a chin held too high can still end the fight. It's always better to deescalate.

When you look at Heavyweight divisions in martial arts, you will see the big Incredible Hulk like guys gas out quick. But it is not an exact thing. I've seen plenty of ripped freaks just fuck someone up

People consider Fedor the Heavyweight GOAT in mma, and the dude usually weighed in thirty pounds under the HW limit.

It doesn't have to be fighting or martial arts, but muscles should always be paired with athletic prowess. Seeing ripped guys who can't into hitting a baseball, who can't run a short sprint without getting gassed etc, is a pretty pathetic thing.

So start doing some activities outside of the gym guys

>muh technique
this isnt an anime bitchboi, if you can deadlift 600 you can rip off arms of their sockets, and if you can clean 350 you can litterally run into someone and send them into a coma, life isnt an anime faggot

> only 345

Personally I lift to look good, to be strong, for health and all but my main objetive is to get prepared prepared to return to MMA. I started when I was 20 (then had to leave temporarily) and I was a 60kg dyel yet I didn't do bad at all.
Now I'm much, much stronger thanks to gym and diet so I want to go back with my new body and knowledge and fight in competitions, and knowing how to fight is handy for any real life situation where you have to defend yourself. (when I started MMA I realized most people don't actually know how to fight at all, and so didn't I)
It's also fun and a great sport/hobby to spend time on and also make social gains.
Later on in a couple of years I plan on getting a gun, though. I'm a bit paranoid and obsessive about my own security, and you can also protect your loved ones.

I'm guessing your life is an anime in which being able to deadlift heavy weights protect you from going down from a single well-placed punch on the jaw

youtube.com/watch?v=syeD36UZ-8w

Deadlifts carry over fuck all to fighting. Better start training fat boy

top fucking kek
youtube.com/watch?v=poiS5RsTObQ