I slipped a disc. MRI came back. They are recommending I get surgery, not sure which

I slipped a disc. MRI came back. They are recommending I get surgery, not sure which.

What do I do now?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/CBXmv7y4
youtu.be/DWmGArQBtFI
youtube.com/watch?v=9SKuFe2SERs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Slip another one

Try the reverse hyper machine. I think Loui Simmons repaired his back with it.

>fixing a bone with a workout machine
wew lad

Fix your back with 0 compromises to the healing process

Been there done that

He slipped his disk and Didnt break it. I think the machine pulls your legs with momentum and this puts the spine in line.

I dislocated a vertebrae 7 years ago and have 2 herniated discs in my lower back. I rolled the dice and had a chiropractor (also my land lord) pop it back into place after it happened. The doctor recommended that I have my vertebrae fused together.

Then I met a 20 year old guy that had his vertebrae fused and he had the flexibility of an 80 year old man. He told me that he would have chosen to not get the surgery if he could go back in time. I also learned that fusing them causes all of the vertebrae above it to deteriorate.

Serious back injuries are the worst injuries. A serious back injury changes your life and the level of pain it causes is crazy. However, I have no idea what type of surgery your doctor is recommending, I know there are some new ones that are really good, but you can build yourself back up with back exercises and by lifting smart. My back still acts up if I get stupid with lifting heavy or use poor form, but it’s constantly getting better now.
AND, avoid the pain killers. I got semi addicted to Percocets for a while and it makes the back pain worse when you’re not on them. Doctors will tell you not to do this, but a few shots of whiskey or vodka will stop the back spasms quicker than any pill, and CBD hemp oil is the best and safest painkiller you can find for back pain.

I'd give this a try before I let a bunch of docs carve me up.

How

So you're saying I can still lift in the future?

Had a horrible herniation, fixed it by doing traction off the side of my bed. Mine was l5s1 which is lower back. Posteriolateral. It was a full blowout. MRI came back and it was fucked. Couldn't put on my socks. The protocol for each herniation will be different, but basically you want to allow your body to hang in such a way that it creates a negative pressure inside the disc. With my particular injury this was easy enough to do by laying on the side of my bed with my belly on the bed and my hips dropping off the side of my bed and pulling my spine open and disc open to create negative pressure. This pulls the herniation back inside of the disc. I did this every night before bed for a week. After I finished it would build pillow walls on either side of me and sleep on my back so I wouldn't roll over allowing it to heal without the inner gel material leaking back out.

I went from not being able to put my socks on to a 500 lb deadlift in 3 years. Don't get the surgery, do a ton of research and learn how to fix it yourself. Get serious about it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

how did you do it?

well first off, you should try to remember that this here's a (((blue board))), sport.

DO NOT get surgery right away. Wait it out. Pain and other symptoms go away completely in many cases.

Is that a smallpox vaccine scar on her arm?

Yes you can lift in the future. You will be able to lift heavy too, but you’ll have to lift smarter. Get an inversion table or a pull-up bar to hang from in order to take pressure off of your spine, or do what that other user suggested about using the edge of your bed. Back injuries have happened since the dawn of invertebrates.

And once the spinal injury itself is fairly healed up, do some back extensions and light Romanian deadlifts to build up your back so it can support yourself and take pressure off the spine.

It takes years and you’ll have some back blowouts where you won’t be able to lift for a week or two, but you can get back to 99.9% in time.

It's been three months since it happened and I don't have nearly the same amount of pain as I did then. Not sure if it's a full break or just a bulge, I will need more details.

What exactly did you do to get back to deadlifting?

Working too hard with a lack of sleep along with lifting heavy

How long? It's been a few months and I definitely don't have the pain I once had

Probably, it looks like mine

Sauce me chef

>posting a coalburner
I'm on to you, OP.

I had pain around my groin
Doctors said they were 100% certain it was a hernia and recommended I get hernia mesh placed in there with surgery
went through with surgery
groin still hurt after 6 months past surgery
asked them wtf
doctor says whoops, they were wrong, I didn't have a hernia, but this mesh will help prevent future hernias if I ever were to get one
wtf

I would see a physical therapist and see what he has to say about it, and weigh out the pros and cons with therapy vs surgery. In my opinion, if you can overcome this without a surgery that will probably be the best way. Surgeries suck and recovering from them is a bitch.

I've kind of done something like that, high volume deadlifts with low weight to work the area and build strength pastebin.com/CBXmv7y4

I completed the routine and felt much better(not sure if it was the rehab or time passing) but then the injury happened again.

I just need to know what I can do to get back to lifting. Will I ever be able to deadlift and squat again?

A surgeon is always going to recommend surgery, It's what they are paid for.

See a really good physical therapist and do whatever it takes to not get surgery.

It's primary care

Those pan lids look ike mickey mourse ears

I thought this was a SFW board?

For me sumo dl has made most of all my back pain disappear every time I do it. My pain only flares up when I sit for too long. I been doing dead hangs , reverse hypers too. Hope I can return to conv deads clean and move past 2 plates

What lift you fuck it up on, heavy squats or heavy deads

>somebody else fell for the squat/deadlift meme

Every powerlifter I have known has ruined knees and backs by the age of 30. This is why I don't squat or deadlift. It's totally fucking retarded.

BTW don't get surgery, fusing your back = your life is ruined. Go get physical therapy and go to a good chiropractor. Never squat or deadlift again.

Both

I thought disc injury made squats and deadlifts impossible, other anons in this thread seem to disagree with you

I feel the same way now, the only time I feel the injury is if I sit for too long. Usually happens in class or driving.

What and how exactly did you do to get over the injury and back into lifting?

I lost the link but sumo apparently can be used for treatment at low weight. My back injury only bothers me sitting for long periods(over extended back because I trip while ohp) so im different I guess. But the reverse hyper really works if you can't do pulls at all

Oops I replied to the wrong question lmao. But I started to train my glutes a lot because I heard weak glutes can be a cause of the problem too, started to walk more, when I played video games I would take breaks to stand. And over the months the pain has decreased, tried normal deads and it made worst. Went to sumo instant relief from the pain I was getting from trying normal dead lifts again.

Watch this video too
youtu.be/DWmGArQBtFI

I'm sorry to hear that.

I suppose I will rehab with low weight deadlifts again, incorporating reverse hyper extensions and dead hangs.

Thank you

watch this too

youtube.com/watch?v=9SKuFe2SERs

Really trying your damnedest to sneak nips onto a blue board, eh?

please kys faggot

Fuck off cuck

>How long? It's been a few months and I definitely don't have the pain I once had
Some doctors will lie about this, but the truth is that nobody knows. Some people get better, some don't. Some people's discs are completely fucked yet never experience any pain whatsoever. Others will look fine on imaging but can't move without shitting themselves from the pain.
It's is a very complex issue, surgery often makes things worse. I would only go for surgery as a last resort. t. medfag

Just chiming in because I have also herniated my L5S1, though other anons have mostly covered everything.

I guess just to say that for basically a whole year it was horrible and I had to guzzle painkillers just so I could sit at a desk and study.

As another user mentioned, DON'T attempt to get back into lower body training until you are 100% sure you have recovered. You just tweak it again and ruin months of progress. Only exception is stuff like reverse hyper, and glute isolation (turned out lack of glutes what what caused mine).

Apart from that, I thought I would never get better but two years later the only remainder is some light lingering sciatica that only comes about if I really exaggerate a slouch

hope that helps brah

Forgot to add: Best therapy is movement, spinal exercises. If a certain movement is slightly painful, but not too bad, do that movement often. Slow controlled stretching. It's a journey, anything to do with nerves, healing takes time

Thank you. I will begin rehab again after talking about the finer details with the doctor.