/SIG/ Self Improvement General

4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

It's been a while. Any tips for getting stronger mentally?

Other urls found in this thread:

uhriginal.com/2017/03/07/increase-your-weightlifting-grip-with-this/
ano
youtube.com/watch?v=iDQ8DiP_Y_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably this helps. I haven't read it yet

uhriginal.com/2017/03/07/increase-your-weightlifting-grip-with-this/

link doesnt work

Why recommend something you didn't even read?

Works for me

>what is summary?

lol at you idiot

Any homeowners on Veeky Forums? What age did you move out at? I want to move out next year but the apartment I want is 80k currently have 5k in bank.

link to epub?

>use a lubricant to get more friction

>guys look at me i'm retarded
>haha idiot i was just pretending

lel xd

>lel xd

lol whatever beta faggot

ano nfile.com/0b41R6c4bd/Friederike_Fabritius__Hans_W._Hagemann-The_Leading_Brain__Powerful_Science-Based_Strategies_for_Achieving_Peak_Performance-Tarcher_Perigee__2017_.epub

Does anyone have any tips for focus? I don't mean focus in the short term, I mean it's like every two weeks I go hard on one specific thing I wanna do and then I just get miserable and do nothing of value for another 2 before it starts again. I've never been an organized person to go through with anything.

what do you want to know? i bought a house last year and it fucking sucks for the most part. my particular home is BRICK which was a huge mistake because apparently brick needs to be maintained every 20 years or so and this was built in 1960s. i have to pay to fix a bunch of cracks, re-do all the flashing, and just a ton of other old house shit. not to mention that brick doesn't have the same level of sound insulation/sound deadening that modern wood homes do, so you hear pretty much everything outside which sucks since i am in a city. property tax is low as fuck here so that's nice.

Stop drinking soda.
Enjoy some nice water.
Drink coffee with nothing in it, or buy some caffeine pills if you need help quitting the soda.

That would be a huge improvement

Since when has /sig/ been about all this mindfulness shit.. I thoght it was meant to be about removing bad habits, and improving body and mind through physical exercise, also I haven't seen a single thing about cultivating the land like your ancestors.
1. Stop drinking crap, water and unsweetened tea.
2. Stop masturbating, that's degenerate.
3. Stop blazing up, that's degenerate.
4. Start learning a skill (instrument etc...)
5. Learn a trade (farming,fishing, mechanical shit)
6. Start growing your own food, nothing better than food you've cultivated yourself
7. Go to church
8. Marry a church girl
9. Read books

pic related

Yeah let me just buy an acre of land out in the wild west and fuck my sister.

Are you in the US? In the UK we would get a home report done before buying anything which shows you all the maintenance that needs done ect. My biggest obstacle is getting money for a deposit.

because working for your supper = incest
gg dude

Okay tell me where I can buy an acre of land with my minimum wage job and where I can afford to buy chickens, rabbits, a cow and seeds and somehow support myself and a wife while tending to all of it.

an acre of land where i am is £10,000 which is a lot for land. But in comparison to house prices that's dirt cheap. And in a lot of places you'll get a bunch of subsides just for wanting to farm. Once you can harvest your stuff year round you no longer have to pay for (quite a large amount of) food, by selling whatever's leftover (oh look at that) you've got disposable income.

1,2,3,4-nah do shit you enjoy eg sports music art anything
5-why?This is pointless unless you have loads of time on your hands.
6-also a waste of time, just work a little harder and buy from a farm foods shop if your so quacky
7.lol the religion meme.
8.-as above
9.also pointless, learning shit is more important.

>£10,000
Ah you're a Eurocuck that explains it. So I was right about the incest. It's also impossible to be buy land big enough to even build a house on for less than I make in my lifetime.

Incest isn't common here, kissing/touching maybe but not full on sex

In the spirit of /sig/ I'll answer you politely.
1,2,3 : Relate to changing bad habits, "do shit you enjoy" carries no meaning to anyone but yourself, and 9 times out 10 will not help you (least of all self improve)
4: It's been proven learning skills help cognitive functions and memory (plus much more interesting than "I know who Sinatra is"
5. Why? Because I would prefer to fix something myself/do productive things with my life than use my hard earned cash to get someone else to do it.
6. It's not about being quacky, it's about creating something with your own two hands and working for yourself and not for some conglomerate business.
7. Religion is the only thing that holds meaning in life, if you rise materialism above everything else you get decadence.. which results to "the anarchically proliferation of egotism".
8. As above, but with boobies.
9. Books will teach you more about the world than anything reliant on your own self-discipline as that will go at the slightest change in circumstance.
Excuse the lengthy reply.

lads i've wasteda all day playing vidya, i wanted to study ffs

I'm not even going the give that incest comment a reply, but you'll find it's a lot cheaper than you think the "american dream" isn't quite dead.

was looking for this image in response to the farmers market thing (because you're right to support your local farms)

roll

Self improvement is masturbation

you started at the right point, then took a sharp left into /pol/ larping
>remove bad habits, improve the body and mind
correct
>heres the list of /pol/ approved activities to become a true ubermench just like everyone else on /pol/
fuck off. do you have any idea the kind of investment growing food requires? protip, its how I know you're just fucking larping. try starting by COOKING your own food; buying ingredients instead of meals. learn to prepare things you enjoy and start keeping better track of what you put in your body. then, once you're really competent at that, maybe a couple potted herbs to freshen things up before you start tilling up your mom's petunias for your aryan potato crop. I agree with you about not drinking crap though, cutting out soda is the first thing i tell anyone who asks me for fitness advice.

rollin

I'm with you all the way, but larping is for cucks. I agree with you I guess with building into it, but the easiest way to get into farming is to go to an agricultural college (actually cheaper than unis) who unless you seriously fuck shit up, will give you startup monies.

why not live life like its 2017 though, say i earn $90,000 as an engineer. When I get home, ill crack open a bottle of beer, trade on my laptop, read up on new coding practice, try out some new algorithms, go to the gym, maybe go see a girl.

I literally can do anything I want to do, sports, cars, travelling, hobbies, women and have every other need looked after and every whim catered for as i can just pay someone else to do it. Sure i can fix my car , fix my roof, clean my house. I just cant be bothered when 1 hour of my job would equate to paying someone else to do it.

The things you described seem to be what someone would have done in the 1950s.

Sounds less like you need focus and more like a strategy, you should make a plan, block out some time dedicated to that particular thing and stick to it. Even if you don't believe in yourself you can believe in the plan, stick to the plan no matter what, you make plans for a reason.

But that's exactly the point, why pay someone else to do it if you can do it yourself? I'm not saying become a complete isolationist, but self-reliance is a great thing.

>go to agricultural college
come the fuck on. farming is an industry that is being KILLED by international corporations and you want me to blow a +40k degree to start a carrot patch behind my shed?

you should ONLY go to college to learn a skillset that is mandatory for your desired profession, and only for professions where a degree is mandatory. you don't need a fucking degree in agricultural science to start a tomato planter. instead, try getting a degree in something that will be profitable- giving you disposable income to invest in teaching yourself how to start a garden. those "skills and trades" you talked about are all shit you pick up in your free time (you know, the time you're no longer spending playing vidya and watching anime because this is /SIG/?) on internet forums and at local classes. in order to have free time and resources, you need a source of disposable income. thats your first priority, before you start building your log cabin by hand out in the countryside

put a fucking vegetable patch in the garden you have you nigger, nobody is execting you to go form zero to crop harvesting overnight

can anyone finally post the /pol/lit/ infographic please? i want to pick a book to read next from that

I rent an apartment with 4 other people in the city. I'm not gonna transition from growing a single tomato in the window sill to owning a farm. You're delusional mate. I hate growing and would rather smoke weed all day.

I still agree with you, but what I'm talking about is subsistence farming, which last time I checked, isn't being killed by corporations, because they're not involved. And I think the main difference between what you're saying and what I'm saying is I'm saying go right into it, because it's easier than you think. But, that's not for everyone.

This is what im trying to get across, and when you actually earn big bucks, you eventually find out actually that shit isnt that fun and you would rather go on day trips, drive motorbikes, go shooting ect ect woodcraft and gardening is honestly something old fucks do and id rather sleep on a bed of nails.

this?

you can transition these nuts in your mouth

phew, bee-tee-eff-and-oohh

BTFO

I'm kidding dude.

But not really faggot.

jk

not really, you're gay and you can farm this dick in your mouth later and water it a bit

Sounds like somebody is mad their neckbeard fantasy fairy tale of living out in the woods didn't plan out. It's current year mate.

I'm not even the same guy with whatever fair tale or whatever

BTFO

AGAIN

2 for 2

and where do you get money AFTER you supposedly cash in on your agricultural degree to buy your backwoods acre? your farm equipment needs service, you need seed to plant every year, your livestock need to be cared for, you probably need a car... the list goes on and on

look, it's a noble goal, and I know a lot of guys who have "hunting cabins" that they work on after they retired. but that's the kicker, its AFTER they spent decades gathering resources and picking up skills with the precious spare time they had. what, you're gonna maintain everything yourself? you really want to do backbreaking labor from sunup to sundown? you know why farmers traditionally had huge families? its because there was a fuckload of work to do and it was more than likely to injure you, so you needed a large labor pool to make sure you didn't freeze or starve

try graduating highschool, living outside your parents house for a few years, then thinking this through again

wow this one is bertty gut, havent seen it before, thanks senpai, in case, do you have more /pol/lit/ infographs? i think the one i had in mind was smaller,with dark background and it was divided into categories

What ffs mean

for fucks sake

More like continuous orgasm of the soul

I get what you're saying and like I said before, you're not going completely isolationist. And, the huge farming families, by-on-large were producing for a large population of people, say if it's just for yourself and your family, the workload is lessened. And, the disposable income from occasional selling should pay for everything else.
Also, the army has a great pension scheme for the additional stuff, and who doesn't want to serve their country right? hehe

I have some more but not that exact one, i'll post the others

>i hate growing

yeah we can tell

thats the last one i have

Anyone here listen to the Renegade Radio podcast? Some pretty good self improvement and Veeky Forums guests

How do I toughen up?

I'm so sick of being a bitch. Afraid of confronting others, afraid of raising my voice too loud in public, always shy, always hiding my opinions, etc.

I'm getting Veeky Forums and I've seen some improvement but not much. I want to stop being so scared of the world in general.

learn a martial art

integrate your shadow

youtube.com/watch?v=iDQ8DiP_Y_A

Protip: Always hide your oppinion unless directly asked

thank alot famalampai

I don't see what you achieve with that approach

How do I rebuild self-confidence?

My gf cheated on me on one of her friends from class about a month ago. We were together for almost three years and began planning our life out after school. She would tell me she wanted to die in my arms.

Just feels like I'll never meet a girl like her again, someone that will love me that much and allow me to be myself completely around them. It's better some days but on days like this when I'm alone at home with nothing to do I can't help but feeling like I just want to end it all.

No one fucking cares oppinion so keep it to yourself unless asked.
The word is full of oppinionated and self centeted cunts, don't be one.
Get it?

Time and persistence user. You'll have to try to maintain and improve your life, despite feeling like shit.

It will get better eventually.

Suck it up princess, "ending it all" for any reason is a bitch move, but over a girl? Don't be an idiot.
There is no one true magical disney love, just billions of people, go meet and fuck them.

No I don't. No one fucking cares about most of the things said during a conversation, but that's the thing about them. They're not vehicles of super important information, just something you have to keep going in order to socialize with people.

So yeah, I'm sure from the perspective of "that guy" who is quiet most of the time, an opinion is absolutely an infrigement in the norms of a good polite talk. But that's why he's that guy.

Fake it to you make it. Literally, the most cheesey thing to say but I honestly used to be such a bitch boy until I just forced myself to be confident by pretending. Perfect the art and you realise you are confident, its a skill to integrate your knowledge and opinions into your externalization within social settings, but fake it to you make it is the most simplistic way I can describe practicing it.

Side note I get mad confidence mirin by females and betas backdown 99%of the time.

You can have conversations without being oppininated.
Describe and explain things but dont make it all about you - which is what an oppinion does.

People are simple and like to be entertained in a convseration and have it relevent to them, so talk about them and ask questions, add your experiences along the way but tone down strong oppinion.

i get 7 to 8 hrs of sleep consistently, but i always struggle to wake up every morning, always need to fight with my alarm and it fucks my mornings up. to those that wake up feeling like kings, how do you do it?

Honestly, just wait. This end-of-relationship crisis is a great way of letting go of some illusions about love, of rethinking relationships, of reflecting about people and what motivates them, etc.

Think of it as weakness leaving your body. After a nice five-month period of struggling about the loss of some chick you're never, ever going to give a shit again. Don't rob yourself out of this bliss by coming up with hobbies to keep you occupied or jumping too quickly into another relationship. Stare at the wall and let your own thoughts teach you about the banality of your experience and how pointless it is to suffer over it. You're going to meet new women eventually, but you must meet them with a new mindset or you're just going to become clingy and submissive out of fear.

Stop using your alarm to get up, if you rely on your body clock i.e. literally tell urself what time you want to get up several times before you sleep (initially keep ur alarm so youdont end up waking up late but eventually stop using it) your wakeups will be from your body naturally ending sleep cycles instead of possibly interupting sleep cycles. Additionally you might want to read up on sleep cycles and rem sleep so you can wake up the easiest.

I guess what hurts so much is realizing the "magical Disney love" doesn't exist. I really thought I had it lads, and it felt like pure bliss. Why can't true love actually exist?

Turn out all the lights in your room before you sleep including the TV and monitor, stop falling asleep while listening to music or podcasts, if you move a lot during night then 1. go buy a better pillow/mattress/blanket and 2. start being mindful of repetitive physical habits you have during the day (restless leg, always trying to find a more comfortable position on your chair, always moving your hands) and try to bring them under control.

They say there are some foods like kiwi that can improve your sleep, although I'm not sure if that has anything to do with being lazy after you wake up. In my experience, drinking green tea before bed helps a little. Also get one of those apps that forces you to move out of your room before you can turn them off properly.

Sounds like a quality of sleep issue, how dark is your room? It should be pitch black, ideally.

you are pathetic

came here to say this

>Afraid of confronting others

Start a fight pussy, now
What are you seeking isn't something like 'fake it till you make it' bullshit, is more like you must to forge with actions what you want to be

What do you do about helping your mind and what if you just can't stay dedicated to some plan for 3 months because the moment something else happens you fail hard

When i say helping the mind i mean what if you are actually broken and trying to rebuild yourself

What do you do?

How do you actually go to a gym and change your routine?

How does one into entrepreneurship.

how do you eat an elephant?

one bite at a time

thanks brahs, my room is pretty much pitch black but I do dick around on my phone for like 15 min before sleeping, I'll stop doing that and try to not use my alarm (except as a backup)

deep

>Just feels like I'll never meet a girl like her again,

Cheating hoes are a diamond dozen mate, happened to me too, sucks

laffed at this

trips of truth
also kek at diamond dozen

because women are sloots and in reality people grow tired of each other with time
Familiarity breeds contempt

triggered

oy vey this is toxic masculinity

I feel personally attacked.

anyone here do mouth taping? just did it last night, breathed through my nose the entire night. i didn't notice an improvement in my sleep but i will keep doing it. i'm gonna completely stop mouth breathing

you use regular duct tape?

okay so there this girl who i heard has a boyfriend and when i asked her if she did she said no
now shes a 8/10 with a fucking banging body but
>i don't want to cuck people
>if she leaves him will she leave me?
> i haven't reached my standard ye (1/2/3/4)
wat do?

>try to improve self a little bit
>decide to go to in n out burger (fast food place) after refereeing my soccer games today (15 miles on the day) to be out around people instead of going home alone
>its like 7:30-8 PM saturday night
>place is filled with people who look to be high school aged
>all having fun ,talking to friends, talking about going to parties tonight, etc
>think a number of the girls are pretty cute but remember they are 15-16 years old so i just look out the window getting sad about how im here alone and missed those exerpeicned when younger because i was and still am an ugly friendless autist
>feel worse than i did before going there

>tape mouth
>die

>1,2,3 : Relate to changing bad habits, "do shit you enjoy" carries no meaning to anyone but yourself
not a bad thing
> and 9 times out 10 will not help you (least of all self improve)
[citation needed], doing things that benefit you that you also enjoy is an excellent way to get you to stick to them.

>4: It's been proven learning skills help cognitive functions and memory (plus much more interesting than "I know who Sinatra is"
agree, no argument there.

>5. Why? Because I would prefer to fix something myself/do productive things with my life than use my hard earned cash to get someone else to do it.
admirable if you have the time, but if you are doing all of this + holding down a job + maybe a family? you probably don't have this time, but if you do, then go for it.

6. It's not about being quacky, it's about creating something with your own two hands and working for yourself and not for some conglomerate business.
see above, if you're actually thinking to be self-sufficient this will need to be your job, pretty much; if it's just a hobby, much less, but still a good amount of time investment is needed.

>7. Religion is the only thing that holds meaning in life, if you rise materialism above everything else you get decadence.. which results to "the anarchically proliferation of egotism".

>the only options are materialism and religion
"no"

>9. Books will teach you more about the world than anything reliant on your own self-discipline as that will go at the slightest change in circumstance.
depends on the kind of book; reading fiction all day won't do much for you when it comes to knowledge unless you're a fiction writer yourself, keen on researching different writing styles. if it's not that sort of book, though, sure, i see no reason why you cannot read them, but i think by him talking about needing to learn shit he figured he meant fiction.