gmb.io/

>Youtube Channels
youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement/videos
youtube.com/user/bboySaza/videos
youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos
youtube.com/user/GoldMedalBodiesVids
youtube.com/user/DemonDrills/videos
youtube.com/user/slizzardman/videos

This all of the pasta I have, if anyone has more feel free to post.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TiimddLns8U
youtube.com/watch?v=vUNI-G00p7g
youtube.com/user/ringsking/playlists
posturedirect.com/how-to-fix-a-posterior-pelvic-tilt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Calisthenics crew checking in, working on cleaning up muscle ups and dragon flags.

Weighted pullups/dips are GOAT.

Weighted dips and pull ups on rings are legit the fucking best exercises around. Hows dragon flags? I have fucking no where to do them so I'm just doing tick L sits and ab wheel for the time being.

how do i achieve grip strength like this dude

Lots of dead hangs, false grip work and one arm dead hangs

Finally a bodyweight general thread

How do I work on my front lever? I can hold the tuck front lever for 15 seconds easily but when I try to do the one leg front lever I can only hold it for less than 3 seconds

I have finally achieve a non piked straddle planche
I put paralletes in my room and just did it non stop.
Advanced tuck. In my honest opinion, one leg progressions for planche and front lever dont work very well.

I personally find it hard to not tuck my knees all the way when doing the advanced tuck but that probably just means not enough strength, will try to work on it. And if one leg progression doesn't work very well what should I do after advanced tuck?

What said. Also I'd add in some ice cream makers or tuck fl rows if you're able.

Also good job pall. Any tips on wrist conditioning for planche? Feels like huge amounts of pressure on them at the slightest lean.

Just keep it that way, eventually advanced tuck will become easy. From advanced tuck you can move on to straddle with 45 degree pike, and from there to non piked straddle.

Noted

All equipment I have rn is a pull up bar so I was thinking of getting some push up bars like pic related. Any recommendations?

are you going for slow muscle ups?

did foundation - reverse muscle up aka elevator. It required me to do 60s bent arm false grip and 30 sec straight arm false grip hang. I skipped it. it's Hard as fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

youtube.com/watch?v=TiimddLns8U
the exercises at 1:30 helped me. you can even go 20-30 degrees below parallel.

I used to have homemade push up bars, and they are ok but I eventually got higher paralletes like pic related
Also left is my piked "straddle" planche on push up bars and right is now with better form on paralletes
I can send you the link for paralletes, but if you want to save money I would buy push up handles because they are much cheaper.

False grip hurts my wrists like hell. Do I just need to keep doing them?

why do you need bars to do pushups? if anything dip bars allow for more variety

When you first look at that pic it looks like you got ya donger out. Pretty funny.

Are you doing it on a bar? Its always gonna fuckin hurt on bars. Rings is a different story.

littlebeastm is good source of info (youtube)

Yeah was thinking about buying push up bars first because of price. I guess I'll eventually buy paralletes they do seem worth it

how much were the bars in your second pic?? nice straddle btw

I got myself one of these. They do good work, but I would much rather have one of pic related. pushup bars are also much thinner then real parallettes. Really if you got the opportunity get some woodworker (don't know if that's a word, but you get the idea) to create one for you. or buy the real deal.

Also forgot to mention for your front lever. When you approach Straddle front lever, you can start doing negatives- from inverted hang through straddle FL to hang. Focus on going as slow as possible through the straddle FL position. A gymnast told me that negatives are top tier exercises, but many people hate them.

almost $60 but ended up being more due to shipping
tall paralletes are a good investment for if you are advanced, but if you are just starting out believe me everything will be much harder.
If you have push up bars for example its very easy to just lean into planche, jump into handstand etc, but since getting them I have to press to handstand every time and get my hips above the bars before doing any planche work. Plus falling out of a handstand fucking hurts.

>I got myself one of these
was talking about push up bars
which suckkkk cock

I got my straddle front lever with negatives

guess that guy has to get both tall and ?not tall? parallettes

btw I see you got your planche without a pike in the hips. It was quite some time since we had /bwg/
Do you have some new goals to achieve?

Ah, will stick to rings then.

this thread is cool. would love to see some of those soft powerlifting ladyboys attempt a planche

gymnasts are the real manly men

Kinda starting out, been doing it for some months. How long does it usually take to get the full front lever? It's something I've always thought was pretty cool and would love to do

>do you have new goals to achieve?
I need to get straddle planche up to 15 seconds(now its about 3-4 good seconds) then go for full planche of course.

In my honest opinion 1 leg front levers and planche work amazingly if you have correct form.

Problem is most people break their hollow position to try and force themselves into it.

Depends, if you focus on it you can get it pretty quick. My front lever is shit, I can do straddle and thats it, but for someone with straddle planche that's pretty bad.

How long have you been doing it?

A while, but I never do it very consistently.

Is back lever a pre requisite for planche? I heard that it conditions the tendons and allow you to progress planche faster. Really fucking hate back lever tho.

I got straddle front lever in 3 months, but did the prerequirements from Foundation -

Double shoulder width L- Pull up 5x5
Inverted hang 5x30s and upside down deadlifts 5x5
Dragon flag 5x5

I actually got a straddle FL in 3 weeks, but pulled a muscle(the retractor of the scapula) and couldn't train effectively for some time. (although i never stopped training it in those 3 months). Everybody was really surprised how fast I went from Tuck to Straddle FL

But in reality it took me 7 months to achieve the prerequisites. Should note that in the beginning I had no idea what I was doing. So I would say 4-5 months of training prerequisites and 1 month to achieve straddle FL 3-4 secs, 1month injury and 1 month again at straddle FL

I'm sure you can get a planche without it, but I would recommend it. Just like you can get a planche without ever doing a handstand in theory, but IRL it helps a lot.

no but you have to do either BL or the thing in this video. They start talking about it at 8:36 but the most important exercise is at 11:02

youtube.com/watch?v=vUNI-G00p7g

Ah. I'll just work on it before regular workouts then I guess. Another question for you dudes: how do you structure your statics training? If I do pull ups before trying to train FL surely it'll affect it and vice versa. Do I just alternate between them or something?

I split workout between static and dynamic.
So on static days I do handstand, planche, front lever, back lever, front lever raises and dragon flags.
Dynamic days I just do dynamic exercises like pull ups.

Can you actually get big with just bodyweights? Is it slower than lifting heavy things?

priority goes first. I do something I copied from a coach on gymnasticbodies - "supersetting" two unrelated exercises. For instance

FL with HBP = lats with triceps exercise

PL with BL or rMU = delts with lower back or forearms

the coach did the supersets without rest between the exercises:
>1 set FL
>1 set HBP 1 min rest
>1 set FL
>1 set HBP 1 min rest

I do them like this
>1 set FL 1 min rest
>1 set HBP 1 min rest
>repeat
So it's not really a superset.

before I learned about this I used to train like this
>1 set FL 3-4 min rest
>1 set FL 3-4 min rest
and workouts got really long.

I always avoid training OAC (pull ups) after FL. There has to be a buffer of at least one exercise. For example I could do my supersets
>FL with HBP
>buffer exercise for example L-sits, sPL, anything that doesn't use lats
>pull ups or OAC

You can get jacked with bodyweight, but it requires more finesse than lifting.

really depends what you do. resistance is resistance, doesnt matter if its your weight or a rubber plate.
weights tend to be faster b/c progressive overload is just add more weight, add more weight, add more weight.
bodyweight you have to get creative, and you might be limited by not having the skill to do something yet, or the tendon strength or whatever.

>Can you actually get big with just bodyweights?
yes
> Is it slower than lifting heavy things?
No, most naturals will gain muscle at about the same rate, its just most people that are "lifting" are on drugs so everyone lifting thinks they are gonna get the same results as them.

No it’s 100x harder to do progressive overload and you can’t even train all your muscles with it. The static exercises also don’t build muscle. Just a dumb fad so Manlets can feel special. M-muh 20 pull-ups xD

yeah also you get really strong mind muscle connection since you are doing the same stuff with weights over and over again. While sometimes there are great shifts in bodyweight for example from Handstand push ups to Chest rolls to 90 degree push ups

>you can’t even train all your muscles with it
Name a muscle you can't hit with calisthenics.

>static exercises don't build muscle
opinion belongs in the trash

Im a bodyweight fag and I dont like this. Sounds elitist. Oly lifts require finesse. Ive seen some dudes do some ugly ass gymnastics too

Does that not stress the fuck outta your joints?
This seems like a good idea. Thanks user

This guy sounds like a gay nerd when he talks but his physique and knowledge are actually good.

why reply to obvious trolls

Your whole lower body.

I don't care if it sounds elitist if it's true. Ask a lifter to do a pistol squat. Or an archer pull-up. Or a handstand push-up. He may be strong, but only within a certain parameters. Calisthenics trains for practical strength.

Pistol squats.

that guy posts the most basic tips. every single day there is a video targeted at total beginners or it's just some common sense with no practical application.
I quickly unsubbed.

Try doing 1 nordic curl with good form(or bad form, you probably cant do that either)
Nordic curls pretty much cover glute and hamstring development
For quad development you can use hill sprints, pistol squats and plyometric exercises.

Doing pistol squats over and over again without adding weight will not add muscle. This is a basic principle.

you'll still be better than 99% of the population and legs are not important for planche

There are other ways to progress your pistols. Shrimp squats, for instance. Then jumbo shrimp squats.

Have some imagination. There are always ways to make an exercise more difficult without adding weight.

Do them explosively along with glute ham raises, Nordic curls, shrimp squat, deep step ups and hill sprints and you'll have better looking and stronger legs than the vast majority of people.

youtube.com/user/ringsking/playlists

here's some gymnast has good tutorials and other garbage. just chose the tutorial playlists and you are good to go.

any tips for free standing handstand push ups. I always fall on my belly

Lean forward more and practice the bottom position.

bottom position as in practicing a headstand?

The bottom position without head touching the ground. Basically just a bent arm handstand.

Yet you’ll be significantly weaker than weightlifters

Lol, you’ll need at least 20 variations for this to be effective. As I said, 100x harder to progress, thx for proving my point.

Believe it or not but training legs is important for posture and overall athleticism.But sure convince people to be chicken leg calisthenics bros so we can keep being mocked.

But no really squat and deadlift.

>nordic curls
>hill sprints
>pistol squats
truly a difficult concept to comprehend. How can anyone make progress with this?
>the guy that thinks hes an athlete for being a recreational lifter

And? I tested my max squat and deadlift a month and a half ago with a friend.
120 and 152.5 kg. As far as I'm concerned that's pretty fucking alright for just calisthenics. Yes I'd be stronger if I lifted and yes I could've reaches these numbers quicker if I lifted but if I wanted any of these, guess what? Id lift. People who do calisthenics don't care as much about "muh squats" so why even bother comparing with lifters?

>yeah, calisthenics is less effective than lifting weights, so what?

Kek, my work here is done

weightlifters are inherently weak

kek, these always turn into lifting v. calisthenics.
it literally doesn't matter.
if you're worried about getting big just hop on gear

For lower body, obviously. Are you saying that someone who could do ring handstand push-ups, planche push ups, front lever rows and one arm chins won't have elite level OHP, bench, row and weighted chins? If you honestly think handstand push-up progressions are any less effective than ohp or other free weight versions, I'm all ears.

Glad to see this is a general. I've always been of the opinion that gyms are retarded and a waste of money. The self-sufficient man must provide the means to exercise in any place and situation with the use of his bodyweight.

I think even for lifting weights, most gyms are a waste of space. Rows of machines are useless. All you need is a handful of equipment like a rack, a pull up bar and maybe parallel bars. Everything in gyms is made so beginners dont feel intimidated and it looks fancy.

I wouldn't say gyms are retarded, they certainly have their place. But I'll be fucked if I'm gonna make a 3 hour round trip after work to lift. Rings are all I really need for the time being. In the future as I progress I might invest in a dip belt for assistance with one arm chin up training and maybe some resistance bands for accessory work.

you gotta be strong as fuck to be able to do good hspu on rings, but lets not pretend like that translates to a 300 lbs ohp. theyre different skills

This is my point. If you reach elite level skills in calisthenics you will have elite levels of strength. If you weigh more than a bag of sugar by the time you have your first handstand push-up you'll already be at 1 pl8 ohp, which is already more than 99 percent of people. Calisthenics is just as good for upper body as weights.

I'm ~95kg but fat, I can do 10 x 5 pushups and squats with 1 min resting between series, what would be the equivalent of being able to do this on pl8s?

lmao training legs important for posture, thanks for outing yourself as a brainlet

Is this a point trying to disprove me or is it a genuine question? If the latter, probably fuck all.

>tfw I was serious
;_;

push ups are like bench press with 70% bodyweight since legs are supported. There were some studies on that. As you raise the legs the percentage increases really slowly and so does the focus of the exercise - from chest to delts.
Push ups with legs on surface just above knee cap level are 80-85% bw bench press.

you can only do 5 squats in a set?

yeah and hspu on rings is better than a 300lbs ohp

I can rep out 1pl8 OHP and Im not anywhere near the level of ring HSPU
Now I can barely do HSPU on bars

10 squats per set, used to do 20 per set while being fatter but pussied out out of the pain and because I couldn't hold proper form being so fat.

Dude, when I started I couldn't make a single pushup in the floor, I had to do wallpushups, I started at the bottom of the barrel after a soyboy obesity life. Used to be 105kg

Imagine how fucking stronk you'll be once you reach that level.

Fuck off with your chicken legs.

You are fucking retarded. Legs can make or break your posture. Posterior pelvic tilt is a great example but nah be a fucking retard who thinks you dont need to train legs.

I'm proud of you user, at least your actually doing something about it. Next step is to get a set of rings and/or a pull up bar. If you were fat and lazy I assume you played Vidya alot which also tells me your posture is shit. Stretch your shoulders and chest like fuck and invest in a resistance band to focus on you rear delts along with other back exercises to correct your postural issues.

>Is given valid ways to train legs without weight
>fuck ur chicken leg!!

yeah some deformed mutants born with PPT have bad posture, doesn't mean that training legs fixes bad posture. I doubt it even helps for PPT. The modern epidemic is foreward head foreward shoulders posture and legs don't help with that. So what you are saying is irrelevant, unless we are talking for the 1 in a million cases of PPT.

I've thought about getting a pull up bar, but honestly, I don't have any place to put it and those bars that get put in the door look like I'm going to take the whole thing down due to me being fat.

>If you were fat and lazy I assume you played Vidya alot which also tells me your posture is shit.
Yeah, probably. Getting my back in a more straight possition wouldn't hurt.

What are the rings for? Resistance band?

Also something that bothers me is the possibility that I get permanent loose skin once I lose weight, I'd hate that, I probably can't go ottermode because of this, I'd like to be more or less big with ~10% bodyfat and stronk

Look into the doorway pull up bar and continue losing weight. I was over 90kg two years ago and a doorway pull up bar held just fine . Just look up gymnastics rings in YouTube and you'll see what they're all about. Also how tall are you?

You are ignorant as fuck in this subject.

posturedirect.com/how-to-fix-a-posterior-pelvic-tilt/

Read this over and come back with some knowledge on posture retard.

I'm 1,82m with shoes on, not a manlet, r-right?

Do pull ups benefit you substantially? Or will they work on the same muscles as pushups?

RTO dip into partial pelican curl
>what are rings for
this, although theres a lot of other stuff you can use them for