Let's talk protein bars

Let's talk protein bars.
Obviously some are just candy with some whey sprinkled in and some might be incredible for you but taste awful, but which are the best protein bars for you? For cutting? For bulking? Do you make your own, if so what do you do?
Are they actually a meme that you shouldn't consume?

Bumping for you cuz i am also interested

I eat too many protein bars. I eat mostly pure protein plus brand, which are sweetened with erithritol. I also eat some atkins white chocolate macadamia ones. Neither is ideal food in my opinion, but as a vegetarian, getting my protein means making some compromises unless I want to live entirely on eggs and cheese.

they all seem to be ridiculously overpriced (epic bars) or awful for you (most of them).

Kirkland protein bars from Costco

20 for $18

I tend not to eat them because of price. I always check though that the main protein source is an animal protein from the ingredients list. I can be confident at least about half is decent protein.

I appreciate that.
Erithritol is probably the only artificial sweetener that I will accept happily, since most of the research around it is positive. Maybe sucralose. Atkins brand I don't like since some of their supposed low cal cheat meal sort of things are awful in taste and for you.
Let's say I was a richfag, would epic bars be the best in terms of lean gains?

not really. you want something with zero added sugar.

best "bar" for lean gains would be clean jerky sticks without processed shit added.

if you're rich, why not just snack on high quality jerky 24/7?

Cliff protein bars. See people eating all the time around my school

as far as protein bars go, RxBar is probably one of the "cleanest" but they're also fairly expensive and don't really have that much protein
quest bars and kirkland bars are both pretty good, both are very high in fiber. quest has more variety and is a little more expensive. kirkland has only two flavors, but they're both okay. very chewy though. like leathery.
pure protein is also pretty good in terms of quality for a protein bar. less fiber than quest or kirkland, but still good overall

I don't think they're giant memes. they can be a convenient snack to keep in your pocket when you're not going to have a lot of free time for a meal.
and the high fiber bars are excellent for firm, satisfying poops

Daryl Bars are literally the only bars imo.

30g protein in 300 cals that tastes delicious but is made from actual ingredients including dairy that require them to be refrigerated.

They made another line of bars to compete with quest bars that don't need to be refrigerated and they've got 22g protein in 220 cals.

They're like $2.50 a bar for either type, good shit in a pinch.

fucking useless. the whole point of supplementing whey is cost and protein/calorie efficiency vs real meat. if you can afford to buy enough clif bars to hit your protein targets you may as well be eating a fucking steak 5 times a week.

Make your own bars.

Currently downing one of these, can be kinda hard to eat sometimes because of the fiber but not bad otherwise. There not too expensive on amazon either.

Because I have a sweet tooth.
The only low cal high protein thing that the rich can snack on is halo top ice cream, which is around $6 for a tiny pint of 300cal and 20g protein

Made my first batch last week for a preworkout meal. Mixed some oats, chocolate whey, cocoa powder, almond milk, and pb fit peanut powder which I made into peanut butter beforehand using water. Mixed it all in a bowl, spread it in a metal baking dish, and stuck it in the fridge. They came out pretty good. Sticky, but they tasted great.

Macros:
>331 calories
>37 carbs
>7 fat
>31 protein
which is exactly what I like in a preworkout meal.

Here's exactly what I put in it if anyone wants to make them. I divided them into 8 pieces. Nothing in there would make them not keep in the fridge for a long time, so you could make a month's worth if you want.

KIRKLAND BRAND OR BUST

ALL OTHER PROTEIN BARS ARE JUST ROAD-TRIP SNACKS

Good stuff. Thanks for the addition.

As far as Kirkland goes I've been buying them in bulk online.. But it seems they recently changed the formula or manufacturer.

They nuked the texture/consistency/flavor all the sudden - so now I'm researching making my own

I like the epic bars, mostly meat with a little carb.

Is also for practical use. I sometimes buy one or two from seven eleven when I'm away from home and have to eat in a shitty or overpriced restaurant. At least I got my protein intake check for the day with those bars.

None. You can get a can of chicken with more protein cheaper than a protein bar.

I buy the pure protein bars. They have a solid 10/1 calorie to protein ratio, and you can get a box of 21 of them at costco for about $18.

I keep regular cliff bars around as an 'emergency' meal as they're satisfying and filling but they're essentially a candy bar. I do like the Cliff "Builders Bar' Protein bars, particularly the Mint Chocolate one.

Kind bars are way too expensive. Used to work with someone who did their promo tables so I would get a bunch for free but would never pay for them.

RxBars have the most disgusting consistency Ive ever had in a protein bar. Also expensive.