Diabetes

Lets talk the about the affect of diabetes , and diabetic medication on exercise programs

Okay.
Are you going to start?

Were talking type 1, yeah? Like isn't it virtually impossible to be Veeky Forums and have type 2? Dont you get type 2 by NOT working out and eating like shit?

What do you need to know.

Im learning for a case study im doing for my level 3 personal training so my knowladge is hazey, hence the post , from my understand insulin stores glycogen in the liver muscles and fat cells, so, would exercise mean that the affected person would require less insulin as blood glucose level would drop from physical activity ? correect me if im wrong please im here to learn

its true but the reduction of insulin is different for every person.

And the physical activity. it requires quite alot of exertion to actually effect blood sugar levels.

Since OP is a fag, I'll start

I was 240lbs 6 months ago. Got diagnosed with Type 2, and since then I've dropped to 173lbs and normalized my blood sugar.

They started me on 4 medications. Now I'm on 1. I hope I'll get off it soon, though.

Watch your carb intake, lose weight, and at least in my experience you'll be fuckin fine. It just sucks I have to limit carbs forever, but at least I keep my feet.

>have to limit my carbs forever
Only if youve suffered beta cell damage.

If you reverse yoir diabetes early enough. And you get your baseline fasting INSULIN to the normal range then you can have carbs as willy nilly as you want.

For some reason diabetes diagnoses rely soley on blood sugar and hemoglobin a1C readings.

You can have perfectly normal blood sugar and a1C readings but still have high baseline insulin. This high insulin level points directly at continued insulin resistance. In fact high fasting insulin appears years before any other diabetic risk factor even thinks about moving outside normal.

If you're type 1 then you should be on a high fat very low carb diet with moderate protein erring on the conservative side. This diet will minimize the medication load.

If you're type 2 diabetic you have absolutely no excuse for being on medication and not reversing your condition in 3 months time.

Stop your medication, eliminate carbs, extend your fasying period, engage in frequent extended periods of fasting and long duration cardio exercise to encourage frequent glycogen depletion and fat lypolysis.

Im dead serious about stopping your medication. If your blood sugar is too high then stop eating shit that makes it high. I've helped fat fucks with t2d who stopped their meds and their blood sugar rocketed to 300. Three days of fasting later and it was 150.

The guy im helping now was 440lbs and shooting 80-100 units of insulin a day and on 1gram of metformin. A diabetic for 18 years. In three months his a1C dropped to 5.3 and a morning glucose reading of 85.

Insulin is supposed to be anabolic right? So as T1 diabetic is my natty limit higher than if I was healthy? Or is there no difference between medicinal insulin and once made by pancreas?

My personal anecdote is just that I've been always called muscular or beefy since I was 10 despite doing no sports or like. Been hitting gym for 1year+ now at 23yo and I've made pretty decent newb gains.

Also matter where you inject, inject in glutes then do cardio you're gonna get fucked up

Everyone has glycogen release in the morning, if you don't need to eat carbs first thing don't and ride the glycogen wave till lunch

Low carb increases your sensitivity to insulin and your dosage has to be cutback to avoid lows.

Insulin has high amount of zinc in it which can make your stamina and reps better.

Creatine is amazing and will lower blood sugar significantly with insulin.

fasting beats diabetes

With type 1 one could change to keto and never have to use a pen again.

Don't try injecting more insulin to get gainz, you will get fat. trust me I tried it.

the more insulin you have floating about, the less GH you have. If you're a body builder injecting both it doesn't matter, but for you it will give you fat arms and love handles.

type 1 here, it depends on how long you've had diabeetus, once you hit 20+ years, recovering will become a huge issue, for instance it takes me 3-4 days to recover from a decent leg day, so I'd say you definetely can't work out 5 or 6 days a week, I myself can manage only 3 times a week besides work and you know, normal life, but nevertheless it is becoming more and more difficult to recover from workout, especially once you hit respectable weights

no.

Provably and demonstrably false.

A ketogenic diet would reduce medication requirements for sustaining normal blood sugar ranges but it will never be eliminated.

Excess protein is turned into glucose through gluconeogenesis.

Additionally... fat. Fat is stored as what? Triglycerides. What happens to the glycerol backbone of that triglyceride? It gets turned into glucose through gluconeogenesis as well.

And going the other way, how can the liver and fat cells bind up surplus fatty acids if they can't get the glucose to make glycerol? Because the type1 diabetic doesnt make insulin to push that glucose into the cell?

Yeah no, not planning on going higher amounts of insulin than it's needed to maintain balanced blood sugar levels. Just figured if there was some connection between insulin and me being naturally muscular.

Also partially (wait for it) genetics if your mum’s side of the family is susceptible or has some sort of history (e.g. uncontrolled gestational diabetes while pregnant).

On the other side I’ve also seen plenty of skinny type 2s

Although LCHF (and keto) has been demonstrated to help with T2DM clients I’m quite wary about doing the same with T1DM clients without consulting their healthcare professional and adjusting meds(insulin, which as you would know comes in various release forms) as they go. And as good as a result some people get its not for everyone for various reasons (cultural, sustainability, costs, individual insulin response, etc). Energy restricted diets are shown to have comparable effects at least in T2DM.

Or will kill you. Ketoacidosis is a thing and I’ve seen it semi frequently in hospital (ketoacidosis =/= ketosis)

Fasting does not cause ketoacidosis and you should know that if you work anywhere near hospitals.

Ketoacidosis stems from uncontrolled bloodsugar from extreme insulin resistance and excessive ketone generation. Its essentially a symptom of cells starving to death through insulin resistance.

The only way for fasting to spur this is if a type1 diabetic was stupid enough to fast and not take their long-acting insulin.

Im a T1 Diabetic and have been lifting 1,5 years now, of which the last 6 months serious. First year was just fucking around.

I can clearly see that I need much less insulin if I work out 4x per week. Also eating ''slow carbs'' help with keeping my sugar steady. The Freestyle Libre Sensor helps alot!

Any other T1 lifters which have some tips for this newb?