Any Jefferson love?

All about the Jefferson deadlift. Love it? Hate it? Why do or don't you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

dellanave.com/how-and-why-to-do-a-jefferson-deadlift/
youtube.com/channel/UCU7LUBZwVRzQs5DVkQQR9iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Going to start practicing them next week desu.

NIIIIICE

What is your jefferson at op? How many times a week do you train it?

also bumping

doing zercher at the moment. trying to hit 200 kilos and then move on with jefferson

It feels kinda off pulling them from the floor. Any tips for the starting position?

I'm actually about to start them since conventional deadlifting just doesn't work great for my lower back.

For a few years I had a lifting hiatus due an injury and grad school responsibilities (and partially pure laziness). But I came back and had lifted over 265 deadlift first day at 185 ish (noobish, I know). I'm at roughly 170 now after some fasting.

I plan on training it 2 or 3 times a week as a proxy for conventional deadlifting and squatting. This along with incline bench press/incline dumbbell press and weighted chins. I want to keep my routine simple af while also getting as much out of the workouts as possible.

I've also looked into daily undulating periodization and will likely experiment with that.

Here's something that helped me figure out the basics of it. I think one to keep in mind is that both feet heels stay firmly planted into the ground and that you utilize some external rotation of your feet: dellanave.com/how-and-why-to-do-a-jefferson-deadlift/

That was me, by the way. I forgot to put in my username.

the assymetrical stance triggers my ocd so i stick to conventional

I've heard the asymmetry should still keep loading relatively even throughout the legs. One leg will carry a bit more than the other but not by much. To get around it, you just switch stances each lift, few lifts, or set.

But if conventional works for you, go for it.

Are you supposed to switch up your stance every workout or something?

Few ways to do it from what I've seen. You can alternate between each pull or few pulls, or you can alternate between sets.

Back was sore today so instead of regular deads I did some 455 Jeffies followed by some high rep sets of 365 conventional paused deads for hamstring work.

You can alternate stances, and probably should once in a while, however the majority of your set should be with the stance you are comfortable with especially the heavy sets.
If you are squatting or doing anything for legs and you are doing your back work (rows, chins/pullups, etc) it should make up for any imbalances.

Feels fuckin good desu. Feels like you're pulling front directly beneath you instead of in front.

Chins for the wins.

For sure, helps when the weight is below your CoG.

If I'm doing a high effort set I consider it a 2rm and just switch legs each rep. For lower weight sets I'll do like 3 reps and 3 reps.

I really like the sound of that. Can you usually pull jeffersons heavier then? Or does some other mechanic not allow for it?

Being trying this lately on both legs but my hip joint on front leg feels bad while Im doing the lift. what am I doing wrong?

I pull 455 conventional 1rm and can easily 2 rep 455 Jefferson, it seems easier

You on YouTube?

Guess it depends on your body, like most other shit. I'm going to learn them though, they sound pretty cool.

Just an account for watching stuff. No content.

Maybe someday.

You may have a mobility problem. Work on your hip mobility a bit more and possibly do lighter weights until your mobility is up to par.

Take the dive. I just started my channel yesterday. Low quality videos of lifts, but it's simple enough that all you need is a phone with a YouTube app

I may just do that at some point. Right now I'm focusing on finishing grad school, and I have a licensing exam this week, so I'm studying for that as well.

Can someone tell me whats the ratio of jefferson dead and behind the back dead vs conv.

I pull sumo 200 kg and yesterday I tried first time behind the back dead and managed to do 4 plate pull, couldnt do more cuz I had no straps and mixed feels fucked up on this lift.

Here's what I've read. Jefferson dead is pretty similar to Hex-bar dead in terms of mechanics. However, Jefferson dead includes anti-rotational strength due to the staggered nature.

The only thing I can definitely tell you is just try it out and see for yourself. You may fall in love with it.

Bump

useless meme dog shit

Tell us why you think that?

Good luck, my dude.

I'll be doing Wisconsin method Hex bar DL maxes after I finish maxing my other lifts.

Why bother?

>unnatural movement
>shit carry over to useful movements
>easy way to snap your shit

your useless meme dog shit is garbage. learn to deal, kid.

Oh wow doing some sort of program where you add weight to a lift gives you gains. Woooooooow. Face it bro doing these lifts are the biggest meme you can do, even bigger than crossfit.

>Unnatural movement
Way more natural than a fuckin' conventional deadlift lmao, plus it's a relatively athletic stance compared to most other deadlifts.

>Shit carryover to useful movements
How are you defining useful? 'the big 3'? if you're not powerlifting who gives a flying fuck about conventional deadlift?

>easy way to snap your shit up
It's safer for most people since the weight is directly under you and keeping a neutral spine isn't as critical.

lrn2think mong

I got 180kg (4pl8 for yanks) in the deadlift for 5 reps the other day, so I'm thinking of switching it up. I need to strengthen my adductors and flexors a bit, might start doing jeffersons every other week or so

>Way more natural than a fuckin' conventional deadlift lmao
LMAO picking something straight off the floor is odd, doing it between your legs is totally normal, bro!

it is though

180 kg isnt 4plate :^)
4 plates = 405 lbs
180kg = 396lbs

tfw americans really are stronger than the rest of the world

These or sumo deadlifts? Or both?

I did jefferson rack pulls below the knee, felt really awkward to find a proper starting position. Foot placement with these is really weird for me.

When are you ever taking a conventional deadlift stance when you're trying to generate maximum power in an athletic setting? Wrestling, football, pushing a car all use a staggered stance. Unless you're picking up relatively barbell shaped objects that are 300+ lbs the conventional deadlift is useless.

forgot pic

On the subject of meme lifts, does anybody do sumo rack pulls? Ive never seen anyone do them

I haven't seen people do it, but I'm sure it can be done ... Jeez, your rom would be so tiny, though :P

i don't do it because i've been lifting for like 6 years, which is long enough to form my own opinions and not hop on every meme that becomes popular

i like eric but this is getting ridiculous, dyel twigmen who have yet to reach 5 plates on a conventional deadlift really shouldn't be hopping all over this meme shit before they master the most basic form of the exercise

I guess I haven't really seen it become "popular". It's still a pretty damn obscure lift for most.

If it works, it works. Right?

Thanks for the vid.

You may have a split stance, but the weight is still in front of you, not directly beneath you. That makes a huge difference in terms of mechanical advantage, far more so than leg positioning

Yeah, and you're not deadlifting someone when you tackle them. If you're trying to practice the ability to produce maximum leg drive in a staggered stance, then the jefferson is significantly more superior to do this than a conventional deadlift. It also lets you practice being under load without a neutral spine, which in the real world is way more realistic. I'm not saying the conventional dead is a bad movement, but neither is the jefferson, especially for an athlete.

How do you do a standing vertical jump?

i cant do these without hitting my balls

what do?

What's your channel?

Narrow your grip if possible?

youtube.com/channel/UCU7LUBZwVRzQs5DVkQQR9iw

grow longer arms

Nice stuff, breh. Strong. A lot of people get stuck when it comes to progressive overload with calisthenics; nice improvisation.

Thanks, hopefully I'll be making more progress. Feels good, mang

Vertical jump training is not the same thing. A lot of people do partial pin squats and jump squats plus obviously box jumps and shit.

Sucks how this age old lift is now back into existence just cause of alphadestiny and the other guy. Next thing is gonna be "any love for the reeves deadlift" or whatever stupid movement they think is cool cause no one does them, and for good reasons.