Why does everybody act like it takes 6 months minimum to see muscle growth when lifting...

Why does everybody act like it takes 6 months minimum to see muscle growth when lifting? I've been lifting for 3 months now and I'm ecstatic with my muscles. I can contract my pecs on demand for the first time, my biceps and triceps are actually noticeable, my legs have ballooned and I'm leaner yet weigh more than I started

I can tell I lift, my family can, and strangers can. So why does this board act like 3 months of lifting does nothing for hypertrophy? I spend an hour and a half in the gym doing mostly compounds with both low and high rep schemes. Seems like people go to the gym for 30'inutes, do 3x5, then complain about no gains

I'm sure the more work you put in the better you will look and stronger you will be. Stats:

6'

230 bench
140 OHP
315 deadlift
275 squat

Those are all my 2rm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SwD-zan6iuc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cause they're going on and off with their lifting protocol, or they're older.

Not even 3 months. 10 weeks

Post your routine faggot

depends on expectations. if you want to look like a bodybuilder or fitness models its going to to several years of lifting.

Did 300 push-ups a day for a month.
I went from skinny skeleton to looking pretty natty.
Naturally low body fat makes the increase in muscle really noticeable.

>Nice trap btw

>doesn't post progress pic
Of course

6'@215lbs/23%bf

Lifting for about 10 weeks, twice a week for 1 hour a day.

I'm ecstatic with these noob gains, like op said being able to flex and see muscles show up, contracting pecs on demand. I'm still not Veeky Forums but I'll be damned if I'm not getting more aesthetic.

god tattoos are so fucking ugly

Here you go.

post routine pls
how often are you going to the gym?

When you do proper programming like DUP, then your gains will come fast. Linear periodization is a meme and should die.

You don't know what natty means do you? You should get out now..

lol dyel

nigga tf wrong with your head??

Is this not natty?

is this you?
youtube.com/watch?v=SwD-zan6iuc

>all from pushups

i've been lifting for 4 months and haven't seen much in the way of visible results yet. could be because i'm a girl i guess.

Lol, yeah.

age?

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT TO DESTROY THIS THOT I WANT TO RUN HER OFF THE ROAD I WANT TO CRASH INTO HER FACE FIRST I WANT TO SUCK IT I WANT TO SUCK IT ALL UP I WANT TO WRESTLE I WANT TO SLAM

>Why does everybody act like it takes 6 months minimum to see muscle growth when lifting?

Na, that's ridiculous. My biggest gains were the first few months of lifting.

Now it's harder to see any noticeable change in growth, I feel like hypertrophy has gone stagnant.

>video is 6 months old
>6 months of progress
so now would be a year of lifting. liar

19 now.

I've been able to contract my pecs on demand my whole life, even when I was a fat fuck, whats wrong with you?

i just started lifting myself 5 days ago

i can bench 115lb, 5 reps

5'9 140lb skelly

feels good

to lift.
:^)

>I can tell I lift, my family can, and strangers can. So why does this board act like 3 months of lifting does nothing for hypertrophy? I spend an hour and a half in the gym doing mostly compounds with both low and high rep schemes. Seems like people go to the gym for 30'inutes, do 3x5, then complain about no gains

>I'm sure the more work you put in the better you will look and stronger you will be.

This, it's compounds, compounds make you swole as fuck My first 3 months were explosive cause of compounds and I am still getting huge well into my 5th.

that is literally someone who roided and he even admitted it lmao

are you doing hypertrophy compounds?

>2017 November 1st Progress Pic

Ignore the people who shit on you user, for 3 months that isn't anything to be ashamed of and it's a noticeable difference.

Post routine plz user

Compounds and DUP

I just rep to failure and try to find a sweet spot weight that'll get me between 1 and 30 reps on each exercise. Literally No fucks given, just tearing up the muscle as much as I can and waiting for it to heal while feeding it godtier nutrition.

Wrong reply

there we are

That's not 3 months and you fucking know it.

I've seen through your lies, you're 5 feet at most.

When you're short your head looks bigger.

>I've seen through your lies
Guy never talked about height.

Shit, I'm retarded, it's in the OP.

0/10 not enough trig

lmao op fucking faggot
>vid posted in march and titled "6 months FULL-NATTY BODY TRANSFORMATION"
>says he lifts for 3 months
>claims he is 6'2
>is actually 5'
Veeky Forums everybody

>doing it without trigonometry
not gonna make it

Lmaoing rn
The first pic looks weird af
What's going on with your head?

Post pic of pecs now

>youtube.com/watch?v=SwD-zan6iuc
lol mexishit, 5'4 max

Actual 3 months checking in

5'9
130lbs
Any advice fit?
Also what does my bf% look like

You obviously didn't start from skeleton or blob like most of us, sorry if it seems like I'm trying to put you down but you didn't really gain more than expected
From the video you were bigger in the before, then you drop weight that makes you look even smaller
Then when you start working out you regained that muscle and also lighting and posing make a huge difference
I'll take some 'before' and after shots of I can be fucked when I get out of bed

4got pic

I feel you, OP.
>be skinnyfat
>used to do track but slacked off
>decide to get new gym membership
>decide to lift 5 times a week
>hit every muscle group every day woth supersets
>spend like 3 hours in the gym because of this
>hang out with fwb who I hadn't seen in two-three months
>"user your shoulders look huge have you been working out?"
>talk and break dick off inside her
Might help that I have naturally high T and recover quickly, but yeah it really doesn't take long to see results

>I've been lifting for 3 months now and I'm ecstatic with my muscles

1 month you notice it
3 months friends/relatives notice it
6+ months everybody notice it
3+ years you become a freak for normies

>lying beaner manlet
Lol. Next thread.

Anyone have any (real) examples of making lots of progress surprisingly fast? I like to think I did a surprisingly fast recomp in about 10 weeks, but I had a lot working in my favor.

Muh fuggn dick

That's some Destiny level of head-to-body ratio. Good job getting out of that.

Your story is the same as mine. Identical...except all your bw and lifts are better and I've been lifting 4 months.

>I went from skinny skeleton to looking pretty natty
>pretty natty
>"some semblance of natural"

Were you roiding to do 'shups, user? What the fuck does "pretty natty" mean?

>no trig
>what is depth of field
>assuming the size of the wall tiles based on literally nothing

If I wasn't in the process of dropping out of a math course myself, I'd be pretty fucking tilted, user.

Who is this pencilled penis protractor?

If you have those lifts after 3 months of lifting, you are a genetic freak and your experience doesn't apply to 99% of the population. I mean, good for you but let's not pretend it's because you're the only one doing it right.

I've been lifting for two years and I've got shit gains, don't know what gives. I've been consistent for most of the time.

Maybe they mean they look like the so-called "natty limit"?

I'm OP, video not me

It's obvious you started from skelly, but you're making decent progress so far. I don't know nearly enough to make a bf% estimate, but you've definitely hit most Normettes' standards to be considered a solid 8/10

But then there's the issue (for many) of being 5'9", and the issue (for some) of having zero body hair.
Keep up the good work though, user. You'll easily find yourself a qt in the 5'-5'5" range someday

How? Do you eat a shitton? Do you do a lot of curls and back exercises? pls tell

probably diet, I can be kind of inconsistent and my lifts will remain the same more or less, maybe a month of consistency and im back to hitting the same weights and cardio level... but I might look like shit because I dont follow a good diet.

That's probably it, I should start cooking for myself. That way I can plan my intake.

you know good slow steady progress beats out over doing it and losing time to injury or over eating and having to do a massive cut. Bulk 500 calories until you hit 15-18% bf then do a short cut back to 8% and bulk again.

I'd put you in the sub 10%bf category for the moment.

you should be thrilled you are starting from skinny, you can bulk pretty hard for a long time and your body will probably not want to hold the fat... I came from the other end of the spectrum and my body has no issues with gaining fat.

/i have actually started to notice more body hair recently, im 18 btw
I just followed what my mom told me to do before going to college

>6'
>180cm

That's 5'11. I'm very sorry.

When will manlets ever learn.

Holy shit why is your head so big? Or are you small?

>>I just followed what my mom told me to do before going to college
That being?

Wew lad..

that's weight you retard

Roiding is the best. a 3 month cycle makes you look like you've been lifting for 2 years. Blast and cruise life bitch.

140 lb OHP and 230 bench is amazing for 3 months
What's your height and weight ?
You must be been athletic before starting to lift

>you retard
Found the angry manlet

and here it is
pretty good, not sure what you started off as
>I've been lifting for 3 months
to get to those stats for 3 months is incredible or lying, you clearly weren't sedentary your whole life before so I'm going to go with lying
and reading further down I can see you've been caught out gg
for me it was 3 months I noticed, 6 months others

sorry I dont know the names for some of these
20 mins interval warmup (running) with basic arm warmups
3x10 standing curls (freeweights)
3x10 of that thing where you are half on a bench and you pull up a weight to your chest with your back semi parallel to the bench - i forget what it is called if anyone knows based on my desc.
3x10 skull crushers
3x10 bent over rows
3x10 overhead press (freeweights)
3x10 low row
3x10 lat pulldowns
3x10 of that twisting ab machine thing supersetted with chest press
3x12 some other ab machine kinda like a situp but a bit different.

I should add I also drink protein mix all throughout my workout it seems to help a lot more than just at the end

its also weird cause my mom is more of a father figure than my dad. She was 5'11 before back surgery and was offered a spot on the US women's olympic team. My dad on the otherhand is a 5'4 turbomanlet... he fucked my genes otherwise i'd be like 6'4 or taller based of my mom's genetics alone

>tfw no titcow gf

Thanks bro, looks like that protein mix makes a difference.

yeah i really noticed a difference when i went from no protein drinks at all to drinking an entire muscle milk at the end to sipping from 1 scoop worth of GNC probulk 1340 (any protein mix would probably work that is just one that my friend recommended) during my workout and drinking an entire muscle milk before/after chespress near the end of my workout.

>1 scoop
that's not how you leave humanity behind anyways

should I drink more or what? Im a noob im just drink it because its what my friend does

4 SCOOPS C'MON

lol y lie

AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

what routine did you do

haha upvoted xD

go back to /r/Veeky Forums cancerous newfag

>2017 november 1st progress
Also pretty sure tinychimp admitted to cycling which is pretty depressing considering that most manlets look shredded courtesy of their teeny tiny frames.

>No trig
you'd be better off just pointing out the height of the door handle relative to his body rather than pretending like you did any real math to come to this conclusion.

It is almost legitimately painful how new you are. Try to 'troll' elsewhere, underageb&

>I can contract my pecs on demand for the first time
Nonsense. That's genetic, it has nothing to do with getting stronger.