/fat/ anime edition #2

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous Thread:

Fuck your confesses, tell us how well you're doing

>no fat wojak picture
>no confess fat wojak
>no snake juice anons

Will this be the first non-cancer /fat/ thread?

I've lost 10lbs so far in a 2months I think. I want to lose 20lbs by christmas but don't know if i'll make it.

how much have you lost /fat/?
I'm 1 lb short of 2 month old horse

>an average housecat

45 lbs since early June. Pushing to lose the last 15 to 200 by New Years.

1 pound short of 5000 btu air conditioner

been fasting since september 30th.

I gained 3-4 pounds since hitting my 140lb goal weight.

Do I
>go and buy a bag of chips and then skip meals until I'm back down cause I'm craving some chips
>eat nothing and go straight back down
>eat something low-calorie like some soup and veggies and over time get there

not good
i'm keeping my diet perfectly, losing weight really great
i'm going to the gym and making actual progress that i'm measuring for once

but this guy im into turned me down for someone else and it's crushing me more than i thought it could

So it's about the 1 year mark. Started off at ~345lbs, last check-in yesterday morning was 283.8, so about 1.17 lbs a week. Not terrible but could've been better:

A) I was winging it for the first 5 months and only began really scrutinizing, measuring and logging April 1st of this year, which shot progress up to ~1.37 a week. Seriously, the fucking scale works.

B) I buckled a few times and hit some plateaus where I was eating at maintenance or with minimal deficits, so that's probably 10 pounds I screwed myself into overall.

C) Probably the hardest thing to manage about this is controlling night cravings, I'm a bit of a night owl who generally eats at 12PM and 5PM and the 10PM-12AM window starts getting bad. Mornings are actually pretty easy to manage in comparison.

D) Getting an exercise bike doesn't seem to have actually done much to my rate of loss from when I bought it (and indeed that's when one of the first bad plateaus began). Still worth it though since I've definitely noticed changes to stamina and whatnot from working my way up through resistance levels.

So all in all a fairly decent year and hopefully I can make the next one even better. My initial target when I began all this was 200 lbs but I'm now planning for 160, hopefully I'll be able to keep inching the intake down enough to make that possible by two years from now.

So I have been eating chicken and rice everyday.
You guys got any low calorie meals that are delicious and won't go over 1600calories a day?

I am in bed but can't sleep too hungry please help :(

Chicken with kale or cabbage

>have only eaten 24 calories today
>it's 7:44 over here
Thinking about just skipping dinner and having a psuedo fast

Is catfish nuggets really that low on calories? Seems like I ate a lot of catfish and barely no calories. Also ignore the 2nd juice I just put that so I could go over 1200calorie intake since myfitnesspal won't log anything if it's under.

Good stuff

You can do the shit, user
WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT user!

You don’t have to click finish my day, it doesn’t do anything other than giving you an estimate of how much you eill lose going forward.
It serves no purpose and your logs will be saved just the same if you never click it.

I lost around 10 pounds this last month. My goal is to lose 60 more by July.

Fuck, same here, like 3 or 4 weeks ago

>Depressed suicidal fat fuck
>Starts browsing fit and learns about macros and shit
>Hit the gym
>Loose some weight and feeling confident as fuck
>Already 4 months and feeling awesome
>Not depressed anymore
>Start to have feelings for this 4 years female friend of mine
>Confess to her
>Gets rejected
>feelsbadman.webm

I was pretty sad but it will pass with the time
Listen to new music, talk to new people, go buy some new clothes and keep your mind bussy, good luck user.

pls respond

So well that when I checked in at the gym with a new staff member she looked over my file and couldn't get over how much weight I lost since July.

I had all - you - can - eat curry last night and ate until satiated, and not one bite more. Finished the day under TDEE and just before the curry I did a hard, hilly hike for an hour and a half.

he's a friend so it's complicated now

why would you eat chips til you lost weight?

what frozen veggies should I buy? I’ve already got broccoli and cauliflower

I was pretty close to my friend too, but now she doesn't talk to me, like she is upset or something like that

Is he acting weird arround you? The best thing you can do is not bame him and being friends.

AND THEN you get fit as fuck and find someone that loves you.

At least that is working for me

he's a bit much for me right now.

I'm craving chips, I'd lose weight after.

If you're at your goal weight, you aren't dieting anymore. This is how you live your life.

So just do what you want. But why not get a small bag of chips, notice how many calories are in it, and just even that out with rest of your food for the day? You don't have to skip an entire meal.

Is Couch To 5k a meme? I've lost 10lbs so far just walking on a steep incline for 20mins before lifting. Now my heartrate doesn't even pass 160bpm doing this and I've gone from being soaked in sweat to just a bit warm.

>140lbs
Go lift some weights then eat a big plate of steak and eggs.

What does one have to do with the other?

1. C25K works if your goal is to run. It isn't inherently HIIT.
2. Walking at an incline has nothing to do with C25K?
3. Do cardio after lifting, not before.

Keep it up, brother. You're making it.

What I mean is my cardio has improved to the point incline walking doesn't get my heart rate up like it used to. My goal is fat loss, not to be a 'runner'. I was hoping someone here could recommend me a decent way of burning extra calories. Oh I usually do cardio before and sometimes after weights as well.

Do high intensity interval training rather than C25K specifically, then. That's best for fat loss.

Do cardio after lifting, not before. If you are tired your lifts will suffer. If you do cardio after lifting you can still easily get your heart rate up.

Not him but if he's fat then C25K is HIIT. And it doesn't matter when you do your cardio, so long as you do it. Lifting is anaerobic so won't affect things too much either way.

I have the calories of the beast remaining to eat but I'm not going to.

C25K starts as HIIT, but it becomes not HIIT. My point was that if he doesn't care about running (which he doesn't) he doesn't need to bother with the program.

Thanks but I have tried both cardio before and after lifting and honestly prefer to do it before, it's not like I'll get swole on a cut anyway.

So what would you recommend for HIIT?

>posts dumb anime picture instead of relatable fat wojak
>non-cancer

Personally I just do intervals of increased pace/intensity on the elliptical machine, or running.

But with C25K, once you get into running for long stretches of time, that's just running. It's not HIIT anymore. Which is why I'm not bothering with it myself.

Ok thanks for the advice. Think I'll give this c25k thing a go for now and see how it goes. Can always reevaluate as time goes on but in the meantime it'll give me a goal each workout. I like to have targets to aim for.

I asked this yesterday and got one nice response, but I'll ask again just in case there's anyone else here who knows.

Looking to start bulking soon as I'm almost to my goal weight. Any tips or things I should know or avoid? I've been doing intermittent fasting and wondering if that's a good idea to continue while bulking. Also, how many calories over maintenance should I eat for a good bulk? Just looking to build muscle and get toned, I want to avoid gaining back fat at all costs.

what site is this

That's fair too. Running is obviously good exercise.

But if you're fat, consider trying it on the elliptical to lower the impact.

an app/website called my fitness pal

track your calories and your weight

Read the op faggot

I thought it was just an app didn't know it had a website. Neat.

Failed nofap, failed my fast.

Before I failed my fast I forced myself on a hike and I completed it 20minutes faster than before.

The failure of the others stings more than my success.

nofap is a meme, don't feel bad about it

Good feels
went without a binge for 3 weeks and finally am down to 181 from 230 (over 2 years)
bad feels
broke that bingeless streak today with
2 slices of pizza
a pack of mini donuts (370 cals)
a bunch of pumpkin seeds
Some banana chips
wheat thins
wheaties
my allowance was 1700 for the day and i had all that with only 500 cals left
Just fuck my shit up

Could be worse m8. Just a small setback.

4 months ago I was struggling to get into my (extremely old and worn in) size 32 jeans. Dropped 35 pounds since then. Found some sweet fleece-lined carpenter jeans at Wally, everything was for fat fucks except a size 29. Hit the dressing room and they fit perfectly.

I'm grateful for your forgiveness. I still will continue with the fasting meme.

Has HIIT worked well for you guys?

I've been doing 15 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill, but I'm not really noticing much difference from when I didn't do it in terms of weight loss speed.

My cardiovascular health has improved for sure, but I see no weight loss benefits desu

Thanks, I needed that

15 mins of HIIT cardio isn't a huge amount, really. Rule of thumb is to double the HIIT time for a regular pace, so it's like 30 mins of jogging. Gonna have to go with 30 or 40 mins of HIIT to see a noticeable difference, and even then it's going to be small.

>181 from 230 over 2 years

Jesus, I did that in six months. No wonder my sister is jealous of my weight loss.

Don't give up though dude. You're making it in your own time. And you're probably way younger than me.

>Down 50 lbs.
>At about 240 lbs at 6'2"
>Talking with my parents.
>"user, you hungry? Let's get you something to eat."
>"You keep at it and you'll be a skeleton, you're already skin and bones, son."
>"Damn, you need to stop worrying about calories or carbs or whatever and eat more. You keep at it in the gym and you'll still lose weight!"
>Get so flustered I end up eating a shitload of the deviled eggs my grandmother brought me.
>Come up well under 1500 calories for the day, but still feel like shit for binging.
How do you guys hurdle this obstacle? I feel like a selfish cunt for saying it, but I'm basically stuck with my family until I get a proper job opportunity or neck myself.

>ghosts & bats veggie chips

to be fair they were probably discounted after halloween

>plateauing on weight loss
>gaining strength
>tfw row 140lbs single arm rows on the seated row
>tfw ohp 1pl8, never did that before
>dl 3pl8, just started doing them, never do squats, dosn't feel right to me
>tfw benched the 100lb dumbbells for 10 reps
>be 199lbs
>can do 25 dips and 10 pull ups
>still fat
>tfw never had a gf though
>fishing
>caught big fish this weekend
>tfw

not so bad

>almost at the 20kg lost mark
>had my cheat day in the weekend
>pulled a rack pull pr and every lift progressed easily today

Thank you god of gains and adipocyte murder

> 2 weeks into keto
> stretch marks all over my breast
Is this normal?
Any way clear them up?

>have gone from 230lbs to 255lbs this semester so far
>5lbs were in the last 2 weeks
>my clothes aren't fitting me anymore
I was already fat as fuck, and now im just letting myself go. it's absolutely embarrassing. What's sad about it is that I gave up sweet drinks (only drink water now) and still have been gaining.

Guess I better start keeping a food journal

>A newborn calf all up
Woah fuck

thoughts on eating most of the days calories during breakfast?

I've been stuck at 200 for like 2 months now.
Being the poorfag i am, i can't afford, nor do i have the time to cook brotein rich, with school, job, and having to pay driver's license.
Fuckbuddy said my body composition is still improving tho.
Still gonna need at least another 2 months to get back on track financially.

2018 will be about getting stronk and filling up loose skin.

>get a proper job opportunity

Apply to proper jobs, then.

nice trips

HOWEVER

Chicken/fish and a/multiple green, leafy vegetable

Kale, broccoli and spinach are my favs

>confesses

A bald eagle and then some,started late May this year. I know it's shit but I had a lot of progress stoppers. Got a somewhat exercise routine and kinda fixed my brain so I hope to at least get to 20lbs before next year even though it seems far as fuck off

healthy food like chicken and veggies is likely cheaper than whatever crap you are eating

you can't get dinner started (maybe 5-10 minutes of actual effort) and then do other stuff while it cooks?

cooking isn't that time consuming if you're doing basic meals

>implying i made that graphic myself and didn't just copy it from the internet.

>55g of protein
KEK

1g per kg of bodyweight is decent enough.

>anime edition
Based OP

It's g/lb, DYEL sack of shit

No, it's not. Keep parroting that.

you are fucking retarded, you should aim to 2.2g per kg of bodyweight

In 2 years, we'll see who has the last laugh

1.5-1.8g/kg for muscle maintenance if trying to lose weight whilst conserving muscle

2.2g/kg for maximum muscle gains

Anything over 2.2g/kg is of little benefit to muscle gain, and excess protein will just get converted into glucose/stored as fat.

At 1g, you're gonna still suffer muscle-wasting.

I've gone from 220 to 196 in a few months. I'm now at a stage where my weight loss is plateauing and it feels like my noob gains train has come to a grinding halt. Not only am I not dropping weight as fast or steadily as before but my lifts are not increasing. In fact I'm finding it to be more of a struggle to complete a routine at weights that I had previously mastered.

All of this put together has become incredibly demotivating. I don't know what to do. Feels like I'm eating enough to stay fat but not enough to put on muscle. I'm fed up.

If you're still losing weight just not as quickly that is normal. To lose some strength is also normal. Keep your diet as is until you're literally not losing any weight instead of just losing a pound a week which is normal. Drop your weights by a small fraction and keep trying to maintain muscle not build muscle. When you're ready to get big you'll have to eat 500 calories over your TDEE which is the opposite of what you're trying to do now. It's a process that has different goals over time. One who chases two rabbits catches neither.

Well it's a bit of a genetic lottery because certain lifts that use strong parts of my body like the legs and traps are increasing gradually but all my arms stuff, specifically curls, seem to be an eternal struggle. I'm trying to get enough protein in my diet to promote very gradual muscle growth while on a cut, and based on my measurements that seems to be happening, only at a rate of a centimeter or two every six weeks, but there's still growth occurring during weight loss.

Just getting frustrated that diminishing returns on both strength and weight loss are getting very real. Almost ready to give up the lifting and just smash the rest of my weight loss with cardio and build up from scratch.

As long as you are aware that's a stupid plan, feel free to do it.

You could just increase cardio while still lifting. Then you wouldn't lose progress. If you're frustrated with where you are, why would you go backwards?

I bought a big snickers bar after gym but didn't eat it yet.

What should i do with it?

If it fits into your calories, why not eat it?

Those snicker bars are like 500 calories each.

Can try eating half now and half another day, and fit it into your calorie count?

Did you save the receipt? Go and get your money back

I just binged on two cans of green peas

Gotta eat big to get big.

Throw it away, fattie

Some user posted about mixing vegetable oil in coke a while back, so I tried it out and I've since consumed 4 liters of the concoction in the past ~7-8 hours. No idea how many calories that was but I don't want to know.

Goodbye /fat/ I think I'd honestly rather not worry about calories or being thin and just eat whatever whenever I want.

it's too late now fatso, the seed of guilt has been planted

What on Earth would you gain from mixing the two? Why would any sensible person do this?