Seriously, how do people even fucking walk up the counter and actually buy this shit?

Seriously, how do people even fucking walk up the counter and actually buy this shit?
I'm getting sick of not being able to find a single whey protein brand that isn't either a) filled with sucralose so they can claim there's no sugar or b) plastered with ridiculous advertising so I look like I'm buying some kind of ridiculous snake-oil product.

For fuck's sake, I just want an easy protein shake for when I'm lazy/indecisive/studying and don't want to break out the blender or actually prepare food. Why's everything in my store gotta be labelled like XTREME MAX TURBO-ADVANCED ELECTRIC MUSCLE ENERGY PROTEIN ENHANCED ISOTOPIC FORMULA MAXIMUM and put it in a bottle that they purposefully make oversized to make the marketing even more blatant as it sits right next to worthless vegan protein bullshit which is actually sold in a much more normal and modest form.

I can just feel the focus group aura radiating off this shit. Its not even really that I don't want to walk up to the checkstand with it, I just hate the blatant marketing and unnecessary size so much that it makes me not want to buy it, not that I'm trying to say that's a sensible position, but fuck do I hate these labels.

Surely, it can't just be me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7TmcXYp8xu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong part of the store or something.

Myprotein, you can just order it off Amazon or some shit

Do you guys think a Gachimuchi themed whey protein powder would sell well?
Think I'm gonna start a kickstarter for that.

Diet/Fitness stuff tends to have a very obnoxious aesthetic, I agree.

Abacus pills have a very slick branding, but I've never tried them since I already get my caffeine and theanine elsewhere.

Wish more products had this minimalist kind of look.

It's not just you, I've always been annoyed with this excessive marketing shit on whey protein. In fact, it actually makes me more sceptical of it, because I feel like someone is trying to con me into buying trash. The only reason I've bought this in the past is because it's one of the cheaper varieties of protein.

SHILL LEAVE

Google organic whey for brands

Expensive but looks generic and never had artifical cancer added to it

Tastes like shit too unless you mix it with peanutbutter... but then it's too much calories. Fuck it completely. Eat chicken. Even canned shredded breasts tastes better.

Is this shit a meme? Id buy it if the energy boost is good

lol, this is a fun shill thread

OP here. Just for the record, I agree with this post. That post looks shill as fuck.
In fact, its not completely devoid of the marketing I hate.

>Tastes like shit unless you mix it with peanut butter.
Actually, I... personally disagree with that statement. The right stuff doesn't taste too bad to me.

>Implying I buy organic
Check this kurzgesagt video before you start with organic.
youtube.com/watch?v=7TmcXYp8xu4

The caffeine/l-theanine ratio could do a lot better. It's 4:1 caf/theanine when 2:1 or sometimes even 1:1 is optimal.

Neither of those two supplements are memes but I wouldn't get it from these abacus guys.

NICE PACKAGING THO

Ground chicken breast in my area is $2.00 a pound when in the "family pack". 97% fat free. Non family pack is $2.49 a pound.

Mix it with white rice, olive oil, low sodium jarred pasta sauce, and Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning.

>GAINS GAINS GAINS

What do you use user?

you need salt to get veins like that guy

Also salt is good for you, up to 4000mg per day, as long as you are also ramping up potassium intake.

You could buy some all-natty organic whey off my online store, but I doubt you would.

"Ramping".... please define.

This is a stupid fucking thread stop shopping at walmart. I don't understand how you even approved your decision to make the thread. You know full well there are scores of brands offering great shit but.... You're an idiot? You have nothing else to talk about? The fuck is this shit op? A shill... For people that already know what they like and where to get it?
I swear some of you are beyond fucking stupid

>97%
Hnnnng

Oh look an idiot from /pol/ how exciting

Nutricost caffeine and whatever cheapish generic 4.0+ rated product on amazon. Currently on "Nature's trove" brand l-theanine but I'm not picky.

>stop shopping at walmart (why are you assuming this and what big of a difference does it make?)
>You're an idiot?
>You have nothing else to talk about? (just as applicable to the poster who says this)

Are you listening to yourself?

my nigga
this is the only protein that doesn't taste like a mix of sugar and shit
>inb4 shill
yeah I'm getting shekels specifically for coming to fit, looking up protein shake threads and advertising a brand.

You might have a point with the shill thing. I come on Veeky Forums so little lately, I got worried the thread would devolve or get ignored or something if I didn't affirm I wasn't a shill.

However, I think it is hypothetically possible for guerrilla marketers to use Veeky Forums that way...
...if people weren't so apt to call shill.

I just wanted to make a cathartic thread about dumb protein whey labels...

Ok but Veeky Forums isn't exactly a cash fluid stronghold. This is probably the worst place to advertise anything when you combine it with the shill paranoia, thus there probably simply isn't any because why bother.

>Unless you actually advertise on Veeky Forums. That first part was a joke please ignore it and keep paying our bills.

Pretty much all advertising is ineffective now compared to the 20th century. You might as well invest in making... you know.... Good products

If a product is good why are you trying to convince me to buy it
This planet is uber gay

I know. desu I glanceposted and after rereading I agree with you. Things aren't going super great and I incorrectly let it out on you guys sometimes. My bad OP.

Do it, and make tematic rewards, like some stickers of the baby face for first backers.

Why do people buy protein?

Is protein powder even necessary if you have a good diet?

Obviously not. Even most people with bad diets get in a shitload of protein.

Then why the fuck are people buying protein powder?

Pic related, and Naked Whey are the only two brands I've found I can trust, I've heard Quest is good but haven't looked into it

Seriously, Nutrabio is some 20 something year old brand with full transparancy

>they don't buy the cheapest whey protein powder out there

You're the equivalent of buying activated almonds $5 a piece.

gold standard my man

>soy lecithin
>whey concentrate
>whey peptides
>all in a tub labelled as isolate
When I buy my whey protein isolate, I just want whey protein isolate.

>his t isn't so high he needs a little soy lecithin to keep himself from literally fucking everything that moves

cuck

all I said is that I want to get what I buy

if I need some pussy juice to balance out my roid rage I'll drink your girls'

OP I understand, I literally will never buy this, ever. it's way too expensive. I only buy myprotein and other cheap online variants. i can generally get 5kg for 30-40 quid which suits me well and it comes in a plain sack.

i will never give money to anything that stinks this badly of desperate marketing.

I know it's just banter, but I'd probably kill you before it got to that situation, you sad roidcuck.

not him but just look for generic products with a lot of positive reviews, avoid stuff that's too flashy and that makes over the top claims on the package

because i mix it with oats/milk/pb to make a 1000kcal drink, if you don't use the powder it is way too bland and hard to drink, only buy the cheap shit anyway

The price to protein ratio is the cheapest compared to meat or other natural protein sources.

i dont roid, its all just bants, except for the fact that nutrabio and naked whey are both significantly better than anything else i can find, that's truth.

This is what I buy at Target. Probably doesn't hit your goals and I get more through the day but I throw it in my shake and not have to look at a retarded Nascar tier jar in my cubard.

As I said, its just easy.
Its not something I'd do every day I just like the convenience and oddly enough the taste and texture.
Occasional whey protein isn't as bad as just eating something shit with less protein.
So no its not necessary, but I like it when I'm having trouble getting in enough protein for whatever reason, which seems to be happening a lot lately since I came back to school.
If not for that though, I like having variety. Sometimes I just like the idea of drinking my food. Don't ask me.

This hasn't been my personal experience. Least not with the levels of protein I've seen suggested. When I eat 'normally' (my version of normal, at any rate), I usually end up taking in a subpar amount.

BLOATLORD DETECTED

if you're autistic enough to care about how the container looks, why not just have some tupperware thing you transfer it to? or jars / cereal containers? i doubt whatever you get matches your damn kitchen

>white rice

yep if I want to hit 200g a day

wake up
40g protein shake
4 pints of milk through the day (68g)
chicken and pasta for dinner (40g)
after gym meal tends to be about 50g
protein shake before bed for 40g

198g protein
not easy to get through food

Which is that? Not sure who you're talking to.

I'm talking to your mother while I'm facefucking her aggresively asserting dominance while your cucklord of a father watches from the door's peephole.

Got any more questions?

I eat 60 to 90 grams of protein purely through whey powder daily and shit pure prs gains and vascularity. Stuff is fine for you.

>Stuff is fine for you
Alright, a clarification then. I'm not saying its bad for you, just that its not superior to getting the same amount of nutrients from regular food.

The cheapest protein (price per actual 1000g protein) would for me be spaghetti. Now that's pretty ok if I'm bulking.

But when cutting on a budget there is no way I could keep my target kcal and get enough protein/day without using protein powder.
(Yeah, would be easy if I could buy expensive meat, but my wallet isn't as thicc as me.)

Huh.
I didn't know spaghetti was good for that since I stopped eating for so long.

>Ground chicken breast

my only wish

>spaghetti
>absolutely wrecking your gut with gluten

You have my pity.

Isn't there like fucking whole wheat spaghetti or some shit?

I didn't even know ground chicken breast was a thing until now.

>Gluten
Yes, depending on the enzymes your body produce, it may be unedible or "bad in large doses" , but for me it's no problem.

There are a shitload of different pasta brands, and anything from organic, to rye-based and all sorts of odd pasta mixes. After a while it's no longer spaghetti/pasta but some type of noodle. (Rice noodles for example.)
Since I'm on a budget I have to stick with the cheap stuff.

>but for me it's no problem.

So you aren't human? Because gluten is toxic to humans, whether you have allergic reactions to it or not.
Enjoy your leaky gut syndrome.

>soy lecithin
Turns the frogs gay right?
>whey concentrate
Only if you are non-white you have a problem with this

>Leaky gut syndrome
Nice pseudo-science.

I feel ya. I usually buy thr'e simplest product of a local brand that's produced here (2nd world country), and even that's marginally gimmicky, but not at all compared to everything else.

Honestly all i'd want is a ''simple whey protein'' that had the production process written on it and explained and probably some guarantuee from a 3rd party (e.g. gov.) that it's legit. I literally went into the shop and asked the guy at the counter to ''give me whatever is the least processed and has the least added stuff in it'. He looked at me like i was some alien or something.

Unless you weigh 245lbs, you don’t need 200g protein a day.

no point you are making refutes the point of "i want to get what i pay for"

if it says "whey isolate" on the container, i do not want whey concentrate

t. somebody who buys organic raw milk

The only "energy boost" you can buy and hope to work are caffeine, hormones and illegal stimulants. Anything else is just bullshit with zero to negligible effect. Don't waste your money.

ephedrine

Bulk Powders
My Protein

What a worthless thread, people like you are never going to make it when you waste so much time and energy finding stuff to complain about. Honestly it's not hard to go to a whole foods shop or go online and buy pure whey protein powder that will come in a brown packet with no advertising whatsoever.

And ephedrine, depending on your location.

If you're and EU cuck like me, everything that works is illegal. Funny that at the same time they allow jews sell those bullshit supplements

Thank god my little brother has ADHD medication

>The protein "gluten" is toxic to (all) humans but for the last 10.000 years we missed it.
As you say, I'm obviously superhuman, because for me it's not a problem.

But I'm sure you can link relevant articles to the biochemistry involved so I know what to watch out for in the future.

and it's (((KOSHER))) you fucking kike

reminder that "gluten allergy" studies are concocted by Big Soy

It's cheap and almost pure protein allowing for more control over your macros.

Actually because it's so fast digesting it is better than most animal protein sources after working out and first thing in the morning. It's actually worse every other time in a regular day.

I don't have celiac diease or gluten sensitivity so it doesn't effect me or most other people.

Meme science, gluten is perfectly fine

You could swap out one of those shakes (or some of the milk) with quark/skyer. 10-12g protein/100g and like 50 kcal. Thats 50-60g in one container. Doesnt cut down on dairy tho.

>Doesnt cut down on dairy tho.
If he isn't lactose intolerant or is lactose intolerant but actually smart and taking lactase tablets he doesn't need to cut down on dairy.
What a suspicious post.

>only if you are non-white

I'm not entirely sure what you guys are on about, but I have a feeling I know where you going with this part and it actually is not true. White people tend to be more lactose tolerant because of history, that is true, but its not true that they are all mega-tolerant.
White people are the ONLY race that managed to have just enough time to develop lactose tolerant in some individuals.

I'm not vegan or anything, before you bring that shit up, but you can be white and have poor lactose tolerance.

>Target
Why the fuck do you shop at Target regularly?

Just a bit of self reflection since i get a large portion of my protein trough milk derived products (milk, whey, cheese, quark/other yoghurtlike stuff). So maybe some variation is in order. I could do with some more eggs and plant based protein, sounded like he could too.

What does everyone think of Syntha 6?

Fuck. Over here its fucking $4 a pound in non-family pack form and family pack form doesn't exist.

why no ON whey?

dont buy this fart-inducing overpriced whey shit. Just get pea protein and rice protein from myprotein.com, mix them and you have aminoacid composition that is practically as good as whey without all the disgusting bloating. Also, it is way cheaper. I call it PEARICE, shit is great.

Buy less whey and more dead animal

>pea and rice protein
CAN WE JUST HAVE A FUCKING VEGAN FIT BOARD FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT

Teras whey. Small container, grass fed cows, and no added junk.

>right next to worthless vegan protein bullshit which is actually sold in a much more normal and modest form.

I just saw this stuff and was curious about it, not that I'm a vegan or anything but why is it worthless? Protein is protein right?

Something to do with am-.. am-something.
Not all protein is the same. Its harder for vegans to get the right type of protein... stuff. I think I've heard somewhere it is possible, but its a really special kind of diet because the shits not abundant in plant/whatever protein.
Without the kind of stuff that's more abundant in meat, its not as good.
Also, I'm preying OP was exaggerating when he called it worthless; Its not worthless, its just not a good primary source.

Basically, stuff like meat is much closer to what you want your body building, so it uses it easier than weird plant stuff.