How do you, personally, relieve stress?

How do you, personally, relieve stress?
I woke up this morning at 5:30 after barely falling asleep at 12:30. Yesterday I worked for the entire first part of the day (stressful job waiting on tables with asshole managers and coworkers) and barely had time to work out and eat. If I don't find a way to de-stress, my lifestyle is going to kill me.
I'm a sophomore in college, and I actually do my readings and work on the side, so naturally I have no life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jhGI0X6jhSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I scream at animals and break shit

Doesn't work :'/

Smoke a little bit of weed before you sleep on weekends, keep everything else consistent

>stressful job waiting tables

Get a load of this guy. Learn to not give a fuck. It's a shitty pt job, figure out what your working pace is and stick to it, if other coworkers or coke head managers don't like it tell em to fuck off in a nice way. Only work as hard as the average employee, never ever go above and beyond, or else it becomes expected.

Every friday I hang out with friends, smoke a bunch of weed, order a bunch of shitty food, and play vidya all evening. Then I go home and sleep like a baby for 12 hours straight.

Enough to keep me sane throughout the week

I am a business owner and you my friend are what I call a fucking loser. You will never accomplish anything.

>I can't shill you so you're a loser
You gotta know how to give everything you got where it matters - uni, a job with possible promotions, personal affairs. What will he earn be waiting well? A laughable bonus if he's lucky. It's important to be able to work hard, busting your ass for no reason isn't.

Smoke cigs.

How do u bust your ass waiting tables though? The faster you work the more you can sit and do nothing

wrong.
im not anon1, but I was a busboy at a local hotspot. busting your ass gets you nowhere.
>more work = less work later
nope. there will always be more work, and your employer will make sure of that
you're a shill my guy

youtube.com/watch?v=jhGI0X6jhSQ

You're exactly right, but it's not just the job itself. It's the disrespectful coworkers and managers who are absolutely venomous at times for no reason. All the pacing in the world can't fix having to be around assholes.
He's exactly right, getting done faster just means other people will give you shit to do when you thought you could take a break.

Then quit or ignore them. All that matters is the money. Make a plan to get out of there in the long term. Stop caring what other people think, their ignorant normies anyway.

I used to work at restaurants in high school. That's the most absurd industry in the world. Go apply for jobs at factories or something. They don't scream at you constantly, your raise will be more than 15 cents, and it's actually a routinely scheduled life. Not to.mention your pay will probably almost double.

Granted after that I was military then construction but, the food industry was by far more ridiculous than both of tjose.

Are you a business owner that instead of trying to succeed at running and growing a legitimate business you just cut your employees pay then start paying them under the table or like an actual business.

It's almost impossible to escape this type of behavior when you have been conditioned by your mummy or daddy.
They are 99% of the times the root cause in these issues.
>Tfw inescapable fate

Does it really make sense to tell a grown adult to work as hard as he possibly can while the person paying them gives them as little money as they legally can and practically no respect at all. Yea, didn't think so.

If its really bad I tie complex decorative knots on a little piece of string or constantly do the same knot for time. That or gameify my work.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

By lifting, duh.

I love lifting too, but it's still an added stressor. You need an actual stress relief outlet, not just more stress.

Learn an instrument

go to a shrink you dont have to live in those patterns forever

two choices bro;
>get fucked up into oblivion
>get in touch with your spirituality

I sleep and I fix stuff will occasionally play games but the games end up being another stresser.
So...still horny and raged out and mostly injured.

Should I find warm wet holes on craigslist to fuck half to death or just take up meditation.

Take a moment to reflect and remember that I control my emotions and not the other way around

I'm a medical student. I lift, drink unhealthy amounts of caffeine and chain smoke cigarettes. It's an absurdly bad way to handle stress but to be honest I rarely care. From 1-10 my stress on any given day is typically a 9. I spend 6+ hours every day in lectures and labs then spend at least 4 every night studying. Social life was written off. My tuition is around $50k a semester. I'm saying all this to hopefully make you feel better.

I felt the same way in undergrad focusing on a 4.0, volunteering, research, clubs and a social life but it was a joke comparatively speaking. Enjoy your time in college and don't take yourself too seriously. There's no reason to kill yourself academically unless you're going to med or law school.

I relieve stress by eventually postponing or quitting the thing that makes me stressed and as a result losing my potential in the business world and losing friends etc

but hey atleast i have a great body, healthy as fuck and have nice productive hobbies that don't require money to maintain

OP is in for a rude real life awakening if he thinks waiting tables in college is stressful. Boo fucking hoo.

I have a heavy bag I beat on for about 20-30 minutes each morning. Stress relief + cardio. Then I lift heavy before bed, down some casein, then sleep for 6-7 hours.

Lying faggot. If you had a stress level of 9 you wouldn't be able to concentrate on literally anything. Studying even the simplest thing would be out of the question.
You don't have the slightest idea what real stress is or what it can do

>heavy bag
DIY or bought?

I usually listen to my mus9c or go for a run or both. Works pretty well for me.

I wore through a $30 homemade canvas one in about a year. I splurged on this a few months ago:

http a.co/5J2JOEM

Comfy on my hands and wrists. Like punching a fat guy in the belly. Happy with my purchase.

If lifting is a stressor then you're doing it wrong

My eye twitches most of the time and im pretty sure its caused by stress. Im not sure why its gotten worse though because i feel more at ease with myself than i have for years.

Smoking is pretty much the only thing which makes me calm but i rarely smoke for obvious reasons. I probably smoke 1 a month if at all; I think its been 3 months since my last cig actually.

I'll just leave this here.

I think it's hilarious when people expect others to 'work hard' at most any wage jobs that are objectively shit, go fuck yourself

Cutting is my favorite for stress relief. Can't rarely do it though because of the scars.

Fucking retard. Just because you have learned to live with a high level of stress doesn't mean you're incapacitated by it. You don't have to be in a war zone to be stressed out, that's not how the human brain works. Kys

I can't think of many things that sound worse than medical school desu

If you expect more than 1 in 20 minimum wage foodservice/retail employees to have any kind of drive or ambition or to act with maturity, you’re going to have a bad time.
And if you expect those 1 in 20 types to not be perceptive enough to realize that a career in those industries is soul-sucking underpaid misery unless they’re in the C-suite, you’re going to have a bad time.
Plus, a workplace carfully oriented to extract max effort out of unmotivated minimum wage employees is a cancerous environment for anyone with more than 3 brain cells, especially because “successful” first-line managers are successful at one thing- whipping losers into doing shit they don’t want to do, and when those managers take that tact with non-losers, it’s a very negative experience for the non-loser.

Nice

Yoga with Adrienne in the evenings
Meditation in the mornings

Factories are good.

Much better for your sanity than working alongside faggots who deserve execution at fucking faggoty ass cafes.

Factories are aight.

You'll be successful, this sounds like an innately healthy mindset

>user intuitively understands you can't change the world or yourself
>he distances himself from stressful situations, thus maintaining equilibrium and peace
he is redpilled. He may struggle down the road but he has his mind set correctly

Boxing and stress eating fast food

They balance each the out.