How long did it take you guys to realise that

How long did it take you guys to realise that

Dumbell bench >>> Barbell bench

If your goal is hypetrophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

musculi.com/content/articles/most-effective-exercises-per-muscle-group-using-electromyography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>t. benchlet

It's not my fault I have long arms

Tell me more OP

how tall is he

>Incline bench
>Dumbell bench
>Flies

All you need for a good chest

Is this guy the epitome of doosh?

jelly

>do dumbbell press
>headphone wires get caught in the dumbbells
I just got a pair of wireless headphones and am gonna make the switch to dimbbells brehs

To be fair even Rippetoe acknowledges that the dumb bell press is superior - so why does he insist on a bench?

About three years

Powerlifting competitions use barbell bench
Training barbell makes you better at barbell bench which increases your competitive numbers
It makes more sense to do barbell if you want to be better at powerlifting

Is this actually true? Can anyone provide science or reasoning behind it. Peer reviewed articles preferred.

When will you realize
Dumbell bench

musculi.com/content/articles/most-effective-exercises-per-muscle-group-using-electromyography

Dumbells aren’t just better for chest, they’re a lot better.

>tfw couldn't bench 50s last time tried
>fast forward 4 months of not touching dumbbells
>can easily do 70s
feelsgood

>Flies
user..

holy fuck is he even 5'8?

Do both faggot.

He's 5'9''. The "5'11'' king of manlets" meme actually makes sense in 2017.

>tfw 5'11

because it's easier to teach beginners (I don't buy this at all) and easier to incrementally overload, according to rip

>if you can lift __ per dumbbell you should be able to lift __ barbell

I can’t figure out the blanks, is there a formula or ratio?

why do you need to know? you can find out quickly when you have weights in hand

Single handed barbell bench >>> dumbell bench

So when someone asks me how much I bench, I can tell them, but I can’t do barbell bench, only dumbbell due to lack of equipment

>Nevertheless, you will be bench pressing with a barbell for literally no good reason
Wew

I never bench with a barbell. Dumbells are god tier and, in every gym I've ever been a member of, you'll spend less time waiting for equipment.

Also, in my experience bb bench encourages ego lifting.

Ich brauche das auch desu

barbell flies >>>>>>>>>>>>> all bench

wtf I though the decline bench press was a meme
brb doing decline today

Just tell them you don't bb bench, or if you care so much about the approval of strangers then make it up. If you're going to use a formula to calculate it, you're already prepared to pluck a number out of your ass. You might as well straight up lie if it matters that much to you.

This was my first thought too.
I've been on Veeky Forums too long.

It probably depends on person to person, but you can calculate your own personal multiplication number by doing your one rep maxes on each exercises. Then you take barbell one rep max divided by dumbbell one rep max, and that should give you a number that you can multiply with your dumbbell lift to find the equivalent bench press lift.

Example:

One rep max dumbbell: 40 kg per arm = 80 kg.
One rep max barbell: 90 kg

90/80 = 1.125. Lets call that number the "dumbbell to barbell multiplier" aka dbm number.

You write down that number and lets say you are doing 50 kg per arm aka 100 kg two months later, then you should be doing 1.125*100kg = 112.5 kg barbell bench.

What about the overhead press? Is it still better on the barbell?

Not long, like my first half a year of lifting. Only been doing DB for the past 3/4s of a year, I just love DB incline.

Same, hang in there. Better to be at the top of the pit than inside it.

The problem with dumbell bench is that it's harder to to negative/eccentric movement due to your arms possibly losing balance and tearing your shoulder. Barbell bench with a spotter is god tier because you can lower the weight as slowly as you want without any real risk of getting injured.
Barbell with spotter > dumbell > barbell without spotter

>Barbell with spotter > dumbell > barbell without spotter

counterpoint: the stretch when you go below parallel on db bench feels fuckin gud mang

The worst part about being 5'11" is my brother is 2 inches taller than me and I'm pretty sure I fucked up my growth by pulling all-nighters around 3 times per week during puberty.