youtube.com/user/slizzardman/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CsPTGRkjYEs
gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/16623-maltese-vs-full-planche-which-is-harder/
gmb.io/planche/
youtu.be/5f5IyYQsjtM
startbodyweight.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can do 10 one arm push ups with each arm and handstand push ups. What now?

Are there any good back and bicep exercises not including a bar?

there are some but they are not very good

Look up self resistance.
They work but it takes some effort.

Just started following that guide as well as weighted squats, deadlift etc. Trying to learn the crow stand earlier is making me painfully aware of how weak my arms are (though I did workout at the start of the day).

Crow stand doesn't really require too much strength, it's more so learning how to balance and prepping the wrists.

thanks for making the /bwg/ my mang

even if i'm not doing bw shit on the reg seeing it in the catty keeps the seed in my mind

anyone here do ring work? that shit seems cool as fuck but i don't know how to progress through it

Will these help me transform from skelly into at least healthy looking? I'm too self conscious to hit the gym :(

I do it sometimes but not always.
>learn ring support and progress to ring L-sit
>ring dips progressions
>ring pull ups progressions
>back/front lever profressions
If you want superhuman strength
>pelican curl progressions
>iron cross
>planche progressions
Yes, but if you are too scared to go to the gym because of your body you have other issues to overcome. Body dismorphia isn't gonna disappear just by getting fit.

happy to see /bwg/ again, lost some weight recently and was going to start a routine. is reddits routine better than startbodyweight's or any other in particular recommended?

For 1armed move your feet closer together (only slightly farther apart than shoulder width), arm no higher than shoulder and keep your back straight. Assuming you do all that, start doing decline 1armed.

As for handstand push-ups, get parallettes for increased ROM (if you can only do 10 normally you won't be able to do 4 full ROM HSPUs. If you can manage elevated HSPUs, use ankle weights.

>elevated HSPU
These are fucking great

I dont know how many times I have to tell you normalfags this routine is garbage. The only nonretarded bodyweight fitness routines are gymnastic bodies, overcoming gravity, and the one on reddit

Poast physique

Thats good because im not doing that routine

I don't have body dysmorphia.

No. But heres the explanation why its bad.

>No actual goal
Is this a routine for skills, strength, or hypertrophy? The rest times and set scheme indicate it is a random mix of all 3.

>The vast majority of the exercise progressions are nonsensical
You can do those dumbass one legged squats if you want but a deadlift and squat routine is far superior. The progressions for the one arm pull up is terrible, this guy cannot perform one rep of that so he has no business giving advice on this skill. The best progression scheme can be found on reddit simply typing in one arm chin up progression. In general weighted pulls are used for vertical pulling strength and counterweight assists are used to train the technique of the movement. Youll take years getting it with the method shown in the picture. It is ridiculous to even be trying to train handstand pushups (more generally called headstand pushups in this form) unless you can actually do a handstand. It is just a wonky substitute for a vertical pressing exercise that can be progressively overloaded easily, like dips. I don't know what the fuck he is doing for those leg raises but the exercise is made about 100x easier by allowing your back to fall backwards as your center of mass adjusts with the movement. No active pike flexibility is required. One arm hanging leg raise is a convict conditioning tier movement. A one arm push up is a skill with no agreed upon correct form. It can be made 100x easier by spacing your legs and body such that your center of mass is directly over your hand, as he is clearly doing in the picture. It is pointless to train such a movement when you can probably do a few already with the crap form he is showing. The dips are fine. The routine doesnt even train how to do a front lever which is straight arm strength yet expects you do be able to go from some tuck rows to front lever rows, again its like the handstand pushup progression. out of character space wall plank sucks too

>No. But
Stopped reading there.

I'm not posting a picture of myself retard. Go ahead and do your trash meme routine if you want

Why are you scared of the gym then?

This true right here.

I'll offer my critique

>focuses on progressions like it's a a skyrim game doing one thing to unlock the next
Ideally, you would be doing the same movement with varying degrees of counter assistance

>no planche or planche push ups
>no strict front levers as a prerequ
>focuses on planks and has no progression system for standing ab wheel

It's not all bad, but it's like a mix of Memish streetworkout with bad progression methods.

I really enjoy calisthenics and BW training, but I wouldn't have something like that be held in high esteem. user is right when he says GB, RE, and especially overcoming gravity are better.

Poast physique

youtu.be/CsPTGRkjYEs

just wanna say, i think its more just an infographic to help out people new to the working out thing, and to give an idea of how to progress via bodyweight, than an actual routine.
i think its a handy visual tool for beginners, but yea, not a routine. On the point that it doesn't show how to progress on skill work like levers, again, its just a visual.

Anyone got a good routine for building up to a planche pushup. I want to be able to do some in about a years time. I can do 25 pushups in a row and plank for 2 mins right now

yo thats impressive so im not knocking you, but why add weight when you still need to kip to get up

theres no way you are gonna do full planche pushups in a year. this movement is practically impossible for people of a certain stature and proportion regardless of strength levels. you might be able to reach a full planche in a year and a half from your level with performance enhancing drugs like the russian street athletes

First build up to doing a full planche then worry about doing planche push ups
Planche being impossible for certain people is a meme. You can definitely build up strength for planche at any body type. Unless you are like 40+ there's nothing stopping you.

I didnt say the full planche was impossible for certain people even though that is also true, you will never encounter someone above 180 lbs and/or taller than 6 ft doing a full planche. A full planche is significantly more achievable than full planche pushups which is another beast entirely. you are thoroughly underestimating how difficult it is to pushup into a planche position with correct form

Ive seen a 6'2" guy doing a maltese
Also nostalgia important thing for planche is not so much your shape but your bodyfat. Everyone that ive seen do a planche has been very lean, and it makes sense because the planche takes a shitload of relative strength. The leaner you are the higher your relative strength.
I think unless the user is 5'5", 1 year is not enough. But i think in a 1.5-2 years of dedicated planche training it's definitely possible.

I excersise about 1 hour 15mins each day now. I used to have really good fittness till i got an injury then possesive gf. I have a feeling its possible, my almost autistic laser gocus has never let me down on anything i set myself to. Would weighted planks be good for working up to a planche?

I don't my anyone saying "poast physique" because it assures quality.

I forgot I had them on, to be honest.

I try to keep kipping minimal and didn't think I was in that set. My long term goal is 10 reps, and I think any kip I have will be greatly diminished at that time.

No. you are retarded

I would love to see your 6'2 guy doing maltese, but note that for some people the full planche is actually harder than the maltese
gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/16623-maltese-vs-full-planche-which-is-harder/

You are not going to get a full planche in a year from your level even taking a gram of halotestin a day so just quit with that nonsense and follow a realistic, balanced routine. Even if you somehow managed to get the strength to do a planche, your connective tissue would not be strong enough in proportion to support you. In all likelihood you would develop forearm splints and elbow tendonitis before you are 20% there.

And you are pretty rude. Currently 5 11, 180lbs looking to go down to 150. If you dont think i can do it i really dont give a fuck. If i dont make my goals thats on me. i was just seeing if you lads knew of any routine for building up to it.

I'm rude because you are ignorance is laughable. When you learn some more about this stuff you will come back to your post and realize how absurd it is. Its like deciding you want to be NBA rookie of the year in a few years time when you just learned how to dribble a basketball yesterday

So im ignorant for asking questions about how to do an impressive feat of bodyweight fitness in a bodyweight fitness thread where i suspect people know how to do this feat. Its pretty basic curiosity not ignorance. Im open to being unrealistic and not making my goal if i could do in in 5 years id be happy. What i was hoping for was some sort of basic progression that i can work with.

was't the guy who you were replying to before that, just wanted to know about the ankle weights lol, cheers man

the basic progression was and always has been frog stand -> advanced frog stand -> tuck planche -> advanced tuck -> straddle -> full. this is not how gymnasts train this skill but it is some nice reddit voodoo constructed by nongymnasts that seems to appeal to your type

I forgot his name, just saw video of it. But he was tall and jacked.
Don't listen to him, I was stuck in advanced tuck planche for a while, but the truth is I just wasnt giving planche the dedication it deserves. Even the fitnessFAQs guy admitted his straddle planche took him a long time because he wasnt training it as seriously as he could.
When you start doing planche specific training several times a week believe me you will make progress.
Enlighten me, how do gymnasts train it?
I agree that with static holds only you will get nowhere, especially if you're not 5'4"
Planche leans and planche push ups are just as important.

gmb.io/planche/
i like this series of progressions because they have a bunch of mini progressions between each stage. 1. Basic Planche Lean, 2. Straddle Planche Lean 3. Raised Planche Lean 4. Raised Planche Lean with Bent Legs 5. Crane with Raised Feet 6. Full Crane Pose 7. Crane with One Floating Knee 8. Floating Crane (Tuck Planche) 9. Straddle Planche Lean into Tuck Planche, ect. ect. until full planche
also theres some youtube vids to go with it

Yeah, they're a handy tool for BW training. I had them on for planche training which was right before that.

I thought you were the other guy and didn't want him thinking that just because I happened to be decently good at BW that I implicitly agreed that his "poast physique" was not a necessary vetting tool for the community.

I really hate how for all these programs planche lean is a pre requisite for tuck planche, after getting a tuck planche its forgotten. I think its exactly why many people are unable to do a planche.
You should always be doing planche leans, because its the exercise that helps build the strength for the actual planche, and you can progress with it little by little until full planche. In my opinion, planche lean and planche push ups(depending on your progression) are more important than doing endless static holds.
Ask anyone that can do the planche, planche lean is a tool that should always be used. You're training for a highly advanced movement after all, you can't just do static holds and expect to make it. Like if you were training for a 315 binch, you would do close grip, wide grip, band, spoto press, weighted dips etc to build the strength for it. Not just do endless bench until you reach 315.

Yeah, planche lean gets your angle better and forces you into a new max intensity.

Planche pushups gave me crazy progress when I was doing them. Probably going to add them back in

Exactly, planche lean allows you to lean in further. What all these leddit kids dont understand is that by training 1 progression, all they are doing is getting good at that one specific angle. if you want to be the strongest tuck plancher in the world this will work, otherwise you need to do other things. To make progress you need to increase that angle.
Planche push ups too, dont know what it is about them, but they really do help your progress.

I mean, its good to have a roadmap though, i agree with your points, but you're not just gonna lean and lean and lean and eventually lean into a planche. Well maybe someone will, but i still think its useful to have indicators of how far you are along the way, ie: im strong enough to do a crow stand now cool

Yes that helps as well, which is also why I like to regularly train the straddle planche. Also because its fun as fuck. But lets be real here, training the straddle planche over and over hasnt gotten anyone a full planche.

So Calisthenics would be the best way to go for somebody who wants to permabulk, right? I mean, gaining weight + continuous training= progressive overload, right?

just to be clear, you're saying variance is key right? like you need to be doing leans, static holds, pppu, and whatever other planche work?

Yes but by variance I dont mean doing random shit. You should be doing leans, static holds and planche push ups. I also do back lever and back lever presses with supinated grip. Also if you cant do a back lever with supinated grip you probably cant do a planche either.

I think planche pushups work because it adds an extra moment in the planche position and the dynamic nature of it causes the seratus and delts to overload in a way they wouldn't statically.

Just got 5 reps on the one arm chin up. Kipped a bit. Video is uploading.

add some swimming on weekends and bulk all you want

aight, thanks for the info

5 rep one arm chin up.
youtu.be/5f5IyYQsjtM

Depends on the exercise. When I get my planche I'm going to GOMAD and max hexbar deadlifts daily. It will make the muscles I use for planching stronger, but my planche itself will likely suffer or stall. I've maintained on really hard bulks (10lbs) but didn't really progress during those times

Mirin
But why do you wear a head scarf? Are you a terrorist or just shy?

Ty
I may ditch the scarf later on, but I'd rather stay private for now.

I think its nice. Tried it myself.
No bulli for hold time. I did a lot of planche work today and im still sore from yesterday.

Wayy better planche than me. Looking good

Thanks, im a little heavy right now and not recovered. Ill probably post actual max attempt at straddle on another day.

whats the difference in muscles worked between pullups and stuff from the row family? and by rows i mean whichever body rows, inverted, horizontal, front lever, and so on.

Chins/pulls are more vertical. Rows are more horizontal.

Chins and pull ups can engage a bit of the chest. This is the biggest thing chins hit that rows don't incorporate much. They'll hit the lata, rear delts, and teres pretty well, and even some seratus anterior.
Rows don't do as much for the seratus and really don't do but some incidental work for the. chest. They will put more load on the traps and upper back.

You can get by doing one over the other, but horizontal pulls hit muscles on the upper part of the back harder whereas vertical pulls will do great for the shoulders and seratus anterior.

i see, thank you

Can you get big on bodyweight alone? Or will you only achieve ottermode?

bulk

The guy on OP's pic is supposedly a bodyweight pro but looks ottermode, so I don't know.

Who is it? How is he a bodyweight pro? That pic is the size of a thumbnail

Because my gym is at my college campus and I'm afraid of people I know watching me not know what I'm doing

Find a routine(bodyweight or lifting, doesnt matter), look up videos of the exercises in that routine and go do them.
Even if you don't have a routine, you can just do random shit and no one will care. Trust me. It's not as if they are gonna think "woah user just did 2 sets of curls, then did a set of bench. WTF is he doing LMAO"
But its always better if your workouts have some structure so getting a routine and looking at videos isnt a bad idea. Just look up basic exercise tutorials like pull ups, dips, squats, bench etc.

startbodyweight.com/

I wouldn't consider him a pro an anything, but how do you even become a bodyweight pro? Master all the movement? No one has ever done that.

ok dudes if i just want to do cool shit on rings and planche pushups how do i progress? Where do I start? Is this a "shut up and read overcoming gravity and gymnastic bodies" situation

Honestly, read everything you can about what you're interested in.

I don't know shit about rings, so I can't speak on that.

For planche push up progressions you need to be doing planche push ups on level ground (pseudo planche push ups), with elevated feet, and with counter assisted bands.

Work leans and straddle leans as well. I can't give specifics because I don't believe I'm yet advanced enough to speak with authority on this either. I've messed around with it and have had some success, but the other guy will probably have better advice

For planche, start doing planche leans, when you get your tuck planche start doing static holds with it. Once you can start to do tuck planche push ups.

>3 sets
>4 to 8 reps

Shouldn't body weight exercises be as many reps as possible?

No

Attempted wall handstand 3 times and awful shoulder pain each time. What do

If you lack shoulder mobility, do belly to wall handstand and work on your alignment. Dont just jump into handstand and hope you can balance yourself.

go under a table for rows, otherwise find a tree or pullup bar outside.

Bump

Will my wrists adapt themselves during my training? Been doing quick stretching and warming them up beforehand but planche leans and elevated pike push ups feel like I'm pushing it way too much

For pike push ups your forearms should be perpendicular to the floor, turn your wrists our for planche.

Doing this puts more pressure on them

Which way are you turning them?

Tried out to the side and with hands facing behind. Both feel awful

Backwards is gonna feel awful no matter what
Look up a tutorial on how to properly turn them to the side, it shouldn't hurt that much