/FAST/ #30 SWEEPING SANDS EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27810402
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l3lEeZ-yMfE
strawpoll.me/14345579
youtube.com/watch?v=4soMn9V2cFA
youtube.com/watch?v=vuufQNg-V_0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bwi5SJG3K5M
youtube.com/watch?v=TPF4vIXpAsA
youtu.be/iywhaz5z0qs?t=1h11m20s
thequantifiedbody.net/fast-mimicking-diet/
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY&t=
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for /fast/ed frotting ;^)

Going to do a 2 week water fast, 1 week refeed during Thanksgiving week while i visit relatives, and then another 2 week water fast

i'm trying to make it lads

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FAT FUCKS THIS THREAD BELONGS TO SNAKE DIET NOW

YOU FUCKING FATTIES

youtube.com/watch?v=l3lEeZ-yMfE

So there have been 30 of these threads now?

Where are the before and after pictures then? It's been weeks since i started seeing these. Presumably, at least the OP would at least have some results to show right?

Cmon faggots, let's see the progress.

strawpoll.me/14345579
strawpoll.me/14345579
strawpoll.me/14345579
strawpoll.me/14345579

Hour 26/48 my dudes.

Dinner tomorrow is going to be so fucking cash.

What do you eat to break your fast, /fast/?

>Dinner tomorrow

Better mean next fucking month you fat fuck

Also, should I have some salt? I'm really craving some, but I know it will just make me either

A) Hungrier
Or
B) Retain water weight

If you want some salt, have some salt. No fucking way that you will get hungry enough to break your fast. If you're in this thread, surely you have enough willpower.

Snake faggot can fuck RIGHT off

This thread was made by people wanting to democratize good health
It's not a cult of personality with a degen looking manlet with the voice of a 12 year old

Stop eating.

>Thread continues
>Everyone just ignores this post

But of course, goy, you don't need proof just buy into the meme :^)

THIS CHINK FUCK MADE SOME KETONE JUICE

WHAT DO YOU NIGGERS THINK OF THIS YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKERS?

youtube.com/watch?v=4soMn9V2cFA

youtube.com/watch?v=vuufQNg-V_0

Okay.

check out the reddit or snake man's fasting communities

I'm guessing a lot of people in fast are usually just doing it to modify normal life or are extreme self concious fatties
Not much reason to post and we don't have any drama queen attention whores except for BREAKFAST user

Yeah. That was good.

if you want proof, go on /r/fasting and look at the hundreds of photos people post.

NOBODY is under any obligation to post their body/face to you.

If you think the peer reviewed evidence behind fasting is fake then don't fast, nobody is forcing you to do it you autistic retards.

I think the only reason you call it a meme is because you failed your low calorie diets and don't believe anyone can lose fat, you are both embarassing.

t. 37 day faster down 57 and a half pounds

So I am starting my very first 7 day fast
My goal is to (at some point) look like the right without having to tuck the skin into my pants.
Desperate enough to try this meme.
Ill post an update when I crash and burn

You'll realize just how addicted to food you are on after 40 hours. Make sure you brew a snake potion because you will feel light headed without sipping on one.

This is the official music of /fast/ general
youtube.com/watch?v=Bwi5SJG3K5M

ye no.

screamo is gay as fuck

If I do 5/2 and eat somewhere around 500 calories worth of nuts on the fasting days...I'm still fasting right?

Fasting isn't necessarily zero intake right? Like I could have five days in a row with just 500cals a day of nuts and that's essentially an extended fast?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=TPF4vIXpAsA

>500 calories worth of nuts on the fasting days

Macadamia nuts might not knock you out of ketosis if you are going to eat anything go with the fucking avocados

Anyone else make large snake potions that last days? I just did 5 tablespoons himalayan and 3 tablespoons nosalt for a 3 liter jug.

If you want to only lose weight, then technically yes

If you want to be part of the /fast/ demiurge, fucking nothing except for water and black coffee/tea

basically just severe calorie restriction.

you're still spiking your insulin levels with food intake which means you miss most of the benefits of fasting e.g. autophagy /increased bmr/increased hgh to prevent muscle wasting.

Since you're eating, your body will secrete a bunch of ghrelin which is gonna drive you crazy with hunger pangs.

>your lite salt has DEXTROSE in it
>no sugar content on label
>you get that packet sugar dessicated taste

advice guise?

>tablespoons
teaspoons*

>tfw waiting on the snake man to upload his stream to the youtubes because I don't have a facehook

He literally did not do anything new other then claim his diet can cure cancer and everyone is hiding it to his cult followers.

Thanks for your input avacadofag/breakfastfag. Nice strawpoll results btw (by the way).

So I should just stick with water and coffee then?

Damn I thought one 500cal meal per day was a good idea.

Will me fasting help to stop my boyfriend getting shit dick?

>Nice strawpoll results

Think I care about Veeky Forums's opinion this place was Squats and Oats for every fucking problem.

Why don't you have a facebook?

Going for a 5 day fast - completed the 48 hour one 2 days ago. Question about the fucking snake juice since he changed the god damn thing like 5 times should I do 1 litter snake juice with 2 teaspoons of pink and no salt with another pure litter or do you do 2 litters of snake juice only. Also should I bother with the peppers? Would ACV be cool for my teeth without the lemon juice?

All, I use is iodized salt and no salt don't have any problems.

While he is a fag and is being exploitative, considering the model of cancer as a metabolic/hyperinsulemic disease, he's not wrong.
We just don't know what exact fasting protocols are best for different kinds of cancer and whether those therapies should be adjusted with keto or carnivore

I have a big list of fasting/cancer research links I keep under the op info in my fast folder, might dump it someday

>he's not wrong.

Dude they figured out fasting stops seizures before the Middle Ages. You don't think that they would not have stumbled stumbled upon it curing cancer at some point in time. It might slow tumor growth and help with chemotherapy but it not a cure.

youtu.be/iywhaz5z0qs?t=1h11m20s

ALRIGHT FAGS
NEW INFO TIME

Previously, Dr. Patrick has advised against black coffee during fasts which has caused a stir because a lot of Veeky Forumsizens love coffee and there is no reason for it to break or hurt a fast

right?

According to this brown dude she's talking to, Caffeine intake along with a few of the select enhancing polyphenols found in coffee cause the activation and upramping of liver hormones responsible for signalling and controlling the human body's circadian rhythm, with one cup of coffee being equal to being exposed to about an hour of daylight.

This circadian pressing is about the only concern, and it should be noted that the "13 hour" study concerning the breast cancer patients that had better survival if they fasted for at least 13 hours did not account for any tea or coffee intake either before bed or upon waking

Take this info how you will, I will continue to consume coffee because it literally triples autophagy and lowers iron levels in the body

He also says eating breakfast is the best time but /FAST/ like to ignore what the fucking scientist come up with and follow fucking internet gurus with no labs or great accreditations. This is why keep telling these mother fuckers you might as well follow voltor longo's approach and have an avocado to mimic fasting you get higher ketones and the same results as water fasting

Breakfast fag, not typing in caps doesn't mean that we won't recognize you

also people keep fucking telling you, Preparing a hot meal with all the nutrition the average /fast/er will need, for breakfast, can't be done on a normal schedule without sacrificing friends/family/sleep

Use himalyan salt and potassium chloride for electrolytes. Potassium prevents you from retaining water

Gj
Any loose skin?

>we won't recognize you

I don't feel like talking in caps why does it matter if you recognize me or not. I am just giving my opinion in lower case does it trigger you or something? Are you like snake guy and you are trying to make this your cult?

You might be too skinny for longer fast and need to fatten up in preparation. Not even memeing.
Also look up dryfast its supposed to be more effective but also dangerous if you are retarded

No I make it daily but you can make it like you do. Its bot like the salt water is going to spoil after few days

I'm 120lbs at 4'10 so i could easily fast 20lbs and be an ideal weight for my height
Or is 20lbs too little for a difference in my skin?

I couldn't imagine gaining just to fast. It would be miserable.

I can imagine losing loose skin takes some time. Try it and you will see. If nothing you can always get fat and try it for longer time.

>4'10
Sorry. Are you a girl at least?

I did read your links and that website looked like a fucking scam.I dont trust someone trying to sell me their fucking trademarked greens powder

>trademarked greens powder

Lol, no were on this site are they even selling anything. I honestly don't even know how this guy makes a living.

thequantifiedbody.net/fast-mimicking-diet/

doing a 20 day water fast wish me luck guys

>talking to some friends and explain im on a fast.
>"EAT SOME FOOD THAT IS SO UNHEALTHY, YOUR BODY IS GOING INTO SURVIVAL MODE AND YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT AND EAT YOUR MUSCLE"
>Explain that it's not that unhealthy at all and that there have been medical studies on the topic, and that protein oxidation settles down while fat oxidation goes up, link to some of Dr Fung's published work
>"THATS ONE STUDY BUY ONE GUY, WHAT IS HE A KIDNEY DOCTOR, WHAT DOES HE KNOW I PROBABLY KNOW MORE THAN HIM, IVE NEVER HEARD OF HIM OR THIS STUDY, ITS BULLSHIT,"
>"YOU CAN LOSE WEIGHT FASTER BY EATING HEALTHIER AND EXERCISING"
>Say I'm only on day 4 and lost almost 8 pounds
>"THAT'S ALL WATER WEIGHT, YOU'LL GAIN THAT BACK AND MORE ONCE YOU STOP BECAUSE YOUR BODY WILL STORE IT AS FAT FOR LATER BECAUSE YOUR BODY WILL THINK IT'S THE ONLY MEAL IT WILL GET FOR A LONG TIME"
>There have been plenty of success stories of people that have lost a bunch of weight on this and it works, and they kept it off, link them to pic related.
>"LOOK AT HIM IN THE THIRD PICTURE, HE'S GOT NO MUSCLE, ALL FAT. IF HE JUST ATE RIGHT AND LIFTED HE WOULD BE TONED, NOT ALL FLABBY"
>But He's not even flabby, he lost 30 lbs of fat fasting and then more by eating healthy later at a slower rate.
>"HE'S GOT NO MUSCLE, HIM FASTING ATE IT ALL, I WOULD RATHER LOOK LIKE THE GUY IN THE FIRST PHOTO THEN HIM IN THE THIRD"
And I disconnected from the discord at that moment, How can people be so fucking retarded?

>discord
>friends

You know these people irl? if not fuck it just do your thing

I will stop adding cayenne pepper into my snake juice.My intensties started making horrible noise since I took it

>Where are the before and after pictures then?

HEY FATTY, I DON'T EVEN FUCKING FAST I JUST COME HERE FOR UPDATES FROM KING SNAKE LORD OF DIETING ALL HAIL SNAKE

This.

I you're going to fast- then completely fast. Eating 500 calories is going to make you stupid hungry. I was anorexic for ten years; you don't want to eat anything when you're fasting for extended periods of time. It makes your hunger surge and you also get lightheaded later because it started up the insulin machine. Just live off your fat stores instead; it works much better.

what the fuck is going on in here?
why are there people drinking snake juice and coffee or eating avocados during a water fast? are you guys actually retarded?

you don't belong here, go make your own thread

AVOCADO, COCONUT OIL, MCTS ARE ACCEPTABLE IN SMALL AMOUNTS

saw you mentioning in other thread that you are medfag. Do you think loose skin prevention through autophagy is legit?

>FASTING NAZI DETECTED

>drinking snake juice
tell me what do you think snake juice is?

LOOK AT PHOTOS OF DEATH CAMP SURVIVORS LIKE 220+ POUND MEN STARVED ALMOST TO DEATH DOWN TO LIKE 110 POUNDS NO LOOSE SKIN THE BODY EATS THE SHIT

they ate very little tho so it was not fast. I bet faggots were not even drinking snake juice

HEY, FATTY. I DUNNO IF THE NAZI'S NEW ABOUT THE MAGICAL POWERS OF SNAKE JUICE IF THEY DID THEY MIGHT HAVE WON THE WAR

well you take a snake of your choosing and you squeeze it into a bucket, there ya go

close but no

I THINK THE GUY WHO IS COMPLETELY NOT ME SAYING EAT THIS MIGHT BE RIGHT

>eating on fast

What's a good way to intake salt? If I am fasting for 2 days (for example), should I put in a gram of salt into the water I drink? How do you guys do it?
Yes, I'm new, and yes, I'm still working through the data provided in OP. Figured I'd ask while reading/watching stuff so that if it's not addressed above, the answer will be here.

i'll post before/after in 4 weeks once i finish. started at 235lb.

do this

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY&t=

isn't the argument that fasting prevents cancer because it kills of cells that would become cancerous later?

I wonder if you fasted for 5 days then drink a shit load of ketone juice If your head would just explode

i put pink salt in my coffee. it doesn't affect the taste if i spread it over my 3 coffees

yes

Snake guy is gonna post his progress pics in a few days wooo

Don't talk to normie about non-normie shit dude

The issue is with you here

I just say I'm not hungry or I'm planning a big meal later and there is no drama

Your average soyboy is so out of reality science/studies are like logic to a pigeon, it doesn't matter how right you are they just won't under stand

How often does he post is it possible he died?

If this guy actually drops dead does this mean fasting is over and we all start eating?

in his fb group he posts every day encouraging people and doing weekly Q&A

also no

YOU DONT EAT FUCKING EVER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE FATTY

There was a guy who apparently cured his cancer with dandelion roots, but I don't think any big pharma would want to use cheap-ass flower to get rid of their cash cow.

currently on day 3 of water fast (planning on going 21-35 days)

Not sure if it's the lack of food or the 3L of water I'm drinking, but my average reaction time has decreased by about ~40ms

EAT AN AVOCADO YOU ARE RUNNING LOW ON FREE FATTY ACIDS

Weird, I may have been fasting involuntarily for a while. Just sucks that I blow out of unhealthy food when I do start eating. Guess I'll just try to eat better and adjust a couple thing.
Maybe my laziness will work to my benefit for once in my life (I'm usually too lazy to get food so I just don't eat).

its cause its only your 3rd day. I didnt start feeling really good until the 5th.

I mean it's decreased to like 170ms from 210ms

Good work, man.
I only just started reading about fasting but didn't realise it would improve things like reaction times.

wait when you say decreased, do you mean its better or worse? I thought you meant worse but thinks its better?

YOU SEEM MAD MAYBE IF YOU HAD AN AVOCADO IT WOULD TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

you better be drinking snake juice

SNAKE JUICE + AVOCADO BREAKFAST + KETONE JUICE = THE MOST EFFECTIVE COTTON PICKER ON THE PLANET

>SNAKE JUICE + AVOCADO BREAKFAST + KETONE JUICE = THE MOST EFFECTIVE COTTON PICKER ON THE PLANET

+ COLD BATHS

Smaller reaction times are better.
Lets increase the scale. If you take 5 minutes to react to something, and you do something that makes you react to that same thing in 1 minute, that's an improvement.
In the scenario outlines, he took 210ms to react to something, but now takes 170ms to react to the same thing. Again, lower reaction times are always better.

Fasting makes me feel like the days go twice as long, and I get vivid memories. Perfect for studying.

>Again, lower reaction times are always better.
obviously, i just mis-understood what he meant. When he said decreased i associated that with negativity.