What's the official Veeky Forums verdict on cardio through rowing machines?

What's the official Veeky Forums verdict on cardio through rowing machines?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dd4Qmd-tN78
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

You gonna row a boat anytime soon?
Cool
900 better options that don't involve you weakening your joints for subpar results

Ask isley next time you see him

Good conditioning.

Actually I have a rowboat that I use two to three times a week. Although, since it's winter now I probably won't be using it until March

you're so fucking stupid rowing is the least taxing on your joints

lurking

>full body use
>no impact stress
>hamplanets cant use the machine as their gut blocks their legs, so more likely available after NYR arrive

Take a form of capital punishment and turn it into a sport, doesn't get much more manlier than that.
>Marathon runners talk about hitting 'the wall' at the twenty-third mile of the race. What rowers confront isn't a wall; it's a hole - an abyss of pain, which opens up in the second minute of the race. Large needles are being driven into your thigh muscles, while your forearms seem to be splitting. Then the pain becomes confused and disorganized, not like the windedness of the runner or the leg burn of the biker but an all-over, savage unpleasantness. As you pass the five-hundred-meter mark, with three-quarters of the race still to row, you realize with dread that you are not going to make it to the finish, but at the same time the idea of letting your teammates down by not rowing your hardest is unthinkable...Therefore, you are going to die.

Row. At my gym, I haven't seen a single person using the erg who actually knows how to row, so all the sloots are miring when I do some intervals every now and then.

>strengthens back
>external motion good for RT and shoulder balance
kill yourself

I like to use the stairs machine because it tires me out like no other form of cardio.

Am I fucking up my joints using it?

Bump

Does it bother you, like it does to me, that most people have horrendous form and act like its some sort of arn cardio machine.

I am lucky enough that when I started rowing at my first gym as a dyel I saw some bloke doing it with perfect form.

Tried to copy to the best of my ability. Personal trainer had asked me if I rowed in HS.

I need to get back into it.

I actually have a concept 2 model D (PM4) in my entryway at home right now. Christ-tier set of equipment DESU. Antifa could be rioting in my neighborhood and ill still get in a decent 5k in.

Oh fuck I just realized it's only like 10 weeks until New Year's. My gym is full as fuck already.
Should I just become nocturnal for a couple weeks and lift at 11 at night? I'm only writing my thesis around then anyway.

Shit user, that really inspired me. How do I get good form? I only have access to machines, no actual rowboats (yet). I might go kayaking with my dad next summer though.

It’s great. Remember though it’s full body and you should feel it from shoulders down after a while.

are you fat as fuck? no? then probably not

This is me right now, go to the gym at 11pm, only people there are a few hot chicks, /fraud/ posters, and a bunch of pakis who stand in front of the machines stinking the joint up. Much better than going earlier, though.

I've been trying to get into it for cardio but every single time I get about 2k into a 5k row and my fucking calves and quads are on fire.
I'm doing it because I want to hit my heart and lungs, not my legs, but everytime I barely even get out of breath because my legs crap out first.

Is my technique off possibly?

Time to become the gym alpha and scare them away.
They usually don't touch the free weights at my gym anyway

Yeah most of the New Years people are Hamplanets who hog the cardio, Chubby chicks who hog all the leg machines and normal sheep who hog every other machine and dare to sometimes venture into the free weights section only to be scared off by the fucking powerlifters.

Those end of year feels...

It's a big gym and we only have 2 squat racks, no power cages and no free space for DLing so the chances of encountering people in both squat racks are pretty high even if most DYELs stick to the machines.
>gym alpha
I guess I could become the manlet emperor but I doubt the fatties will be intimidated by me.

This. But remember that rowing is a very anti-manlet sport, so stick to the machines

Oh and also the number of people doing actual exercises here is pretty big -- I live in a big city, there's plenty of Xfit places to keep that crowd out and the actual powerlifters probably go to other places too and the DYELs use the machines. However, the free weights section is usually as full as the rest of the gym, percentage-wise. So if I walk in and see on my way to the locker room that 80% of the cardio machines are taken, chances are good I'll have to wait for one of the squat racks to become free, nevermind the benches.

Plus the roiders usually seem to stick to the cable machines. Most of the time if the squat rack is taken it's either some student in his first year doing his SS or 5x5, or it's some hipster faggot and the thot he's orbiting doing Romanian DLs 5x15 with short 10 kg bars + 10 kg weight. That, or a curlbro doing FUCKING CURLS IN THE FUCKING SQUAT RACK GOD DAMN IT

That would be swimming, the one true GOAT cardio.

>Rowing anti-manlet

There's literally a dedicated position on the boat for the supreme manlet.

touché

When I rowed in Highschool the cox was a 5'11 roided chad. I was very confused lol

Try to have some variety in your cardio to reduce the likeliness of injury.

Did he weigh 55kg? if not your high school handicapped themselves

Doing an erg is a GOAT exercise; however 99% of people in the gym use it wrong. I rowed for several years in HS and coached it beyond then, and I have a concept 2 at home, and I absolutely recommend using it over treadmilling and elliptical if you keep your cardio in the gym. Try finding techniques online, but the best advice I can give: push your legs out completely, then pull through with your arms. Return the chain through first through your arms and then releasing your legs, repeating the motion. Keep the handle in an elliptical motion, the top half curving as you pull in, and the bottom half curving back the opposite way as you release. Hope this helps.

>tells people not to use the elliptical
>proceeds to recommend elliptical motion
hmmm

I like jumping rope.

Are you literally retarded?

Are you?

No I can read you galactic mong. Apparently you can’t. Go back and redo high school.

Me on top
You on the bottom

youtube.com/watch?v=dd4Qmd-tN78
Everyone here has autism, rowing is an incredible exercise if you know how to do it properly and works out the entire body.

You are an idiot, it doesn't damage your joints. I specifically have done this sport for over 8 years BECAUSE it's low impact and my ankles usually melt in the face of running etc.

This guy gets it

Yeah, it takes a lot of endurance, try training heart rate intervals.

how to acheive good form on rowing machine?