1,6g per KG is fine, says internet man

According to this everybody here eats way too much protein
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Got it from the dumb questions thread,is it true?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10365981
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>taking fitness advice from a vegan

There's been a study that examined different amounts of protein ingested daily in regards to its effects on body composition.
No benefits were found beyond 0.8g per pound of lean body mass daily.
So basically eat that and a little more to make sure you're in the green and you'll be fine.

>vegan
What the fuck

Honestly, I think macros in general are pretty much a meme and total calories are what actually matter. Just eat whatever kind of diet makes you feel best (unsurprisingly a fairly balanced one usually does the trick).

No , calories are the meme trap , extra fat calories will do nothing but be stored .
The same 3000 Kcals diet , let assume 300 surplus in our case , isoprotein will be way more anabolic and yield better result if the remaining calories are mostly carbs than fat

Any studies?

So you'll still gain muscles with something like a 12% caloric deficit as long as you eat enough protein, vegetables and some carbs?

Kek, when I scrolled past I thought someone had shit on a toilet lid.

It's true. Remember that 1.6/kg is for people who are already big and train a lot (on gear, mostly). This is the highest amount a human being can possibly need.
Normies need way less protein to maximize gains. Don't fall for the Protein Jew.

If you're going to overeat, overeat on carbs. Fat is stored easily and excess protein will be converted to carb anyway.

No, this is the graph for natty people eating normally, and what matters is how much you train and what type of activity you do. There's also studies that indicate that higher levels than this are muscle preserving if you are cutting, with different people needing different amounts.

basically you will if you lift and get enough protein, but when you don't get enough calories you simply don't use the protein for muscle building but for energy. thats why bulking is the best way to build muscles, you can get stronger and bigger while cutting, but it will take lot longer

>0.8g per pound of lean body mass daily
I dropped from 1.2g per pound of lean mass to .8g and saw no difference in lifts or body. But if I was a guy I would probs still eat 150grams a day or more to be safe.

From what I learned in college current studies on college level athletes show that between .6-
.8g/lb is enough for optimal growth and recovery. 1g/lb is just a meme that's easy for normalfags to follow. Dealing with bodybuilding and strength sports I usually tell people to try and get the higher end of .8g/lb because you're specifically aiming for muscle growth.

Fat doesn't make you fat or else keto wouldn't work for weight loss.

Carbs convert more easily easily as fat tissue and spike your insulin which can lead to weight gain if you overdo it.

A balance of carbs, unsaturated fats and protein is important and the only time you should "overeat" is on a bulk.

>Fat doesn't make you fat or else keto wouldn't work for weight loss.
You are confused. Anything works for weightloss if you eat less calories than you need.
>Carbs convert more easily easily as fat tissue and spike your insulin which can lead to weight gain if you overdo it.
Carbs are a lot harder to convert to body fat and it's not even close. Look up literally any study on this topic, the evidence is overwhelming.

>pic
Protein has benefits beyond muscle as well --
enzymes, hormones and other body chemicals, bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.

>makes dopamine, serotonin, and cellular energy (NAD)

t. high carb vegan that looks 15 years older than he really is

Sounds good on paper, but all the studies show that the human body strongly prefers to burn or store carbs and will only convert to fat when it must, whereas fat is stored very easily. Like I said, look up literally any study done on people if you want to find out what's actually true, stop linking meme keto shit

>source
>[]

If I only eat 500 calories of Cheetohs everyday sure I'll lose weight but I'll also lose muscle which is a horrible plan.

Not to mention that my nutrition would be absolutely fucked up.

CICO is the basis of a good diet but a foundation alone makes for a shitty house. Use macros to ensure you get the nutritional breakdown that meets the requirements of what you do and what your goals are.

And even if they do convert harder, they still spike your insulin leading to an increase in bodyfat as your body stores more instead of trying to burn it.

>And even if they do convert harder, they still spike your insulin leading to an increase in bodyfat as your body stores more instead of trying to burn it.
That's not how it works in practice. Stop reading meme keto blogs

You do know keto isn't even a new thing right? Epileptics are often put on it dating back to the early 1900s and it has historical roots in many cultures like the Eskimos.

High amounts of unsaturated fats are healthy and won't automatically make you fat. High amounts of saturated fats (most forms of which only exist due to processing) on the other hand will fuck you up.

Make sure you pay attention to the differences between your fats user. Saying all fats are bad is like saying all carbs are bad because simple carbs are usually found in the form of sugar.

Even on a plant-based diet as long as you get your calories in you'll never been in a protein deficit. Anything over a gram per pound of body weight is a waste, and even half of that is sufficient.

Fucking hell you keto cuck. Source is 8 years of education on the subject. Literally google de novo lipogenesis and the first study hit confirms this, but there are hundreds of others. Jesus you guys are completely fucked

>keto blogs
>ignoring nutritional advice given to diabetics who have insulin spikes
It's like you think that the only people in the world who look at high carb diets poorly follow keto or something.

>It's like you think that the only people in the world who look at high carb diets poorly follow keto or something.
I'm not advocating for a high carb diet, whatever that is. I'm not advocating for any particular diet. All I'm saying is that eating keto for fat loss is retarded, and believing that carbs are easier to be stored as fat than fat is pants on head retarded, literally failed out of school first year level stupid.

Even cutting vs. bulking research is minimal.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10365981
>Eucaloric replacement of dietary fat by CHO does not induce hepatic DNL to any substantial degree. Similarly, addition of CHO to a mixed diet does not increase hepatic DNL to quantitatively important levels, as long as CHO energy intake remains less than total energy expenditure (TEE). Instead, dietary CHO replaces fat in the whole-body fuel mixture, even in the post-absorptive state.
>Body fat is thereby accrued
>by (e.g.) resistance of hepatic glucose production to suppression by insulin

>sugar being processed and energized simply
So what? That picture about insulin is still valid.

>fat is stored very easily
>source
>[]

Yeah I have to give up at this point