My gf says I'm selfish because I workout all the time

My gf says I'm selfish because I workout all the time.
Is self improvement selfish?

maybe she feels insecure. drop her.

Your girlfriend sounds like a real albatross around the neck. I know the type well. They hate to see you get ahead and want to bring you down to their level of misery.

Dump the cunt. The gains goblin is real.

nah that's just some guilt manipulation shit

Tell her to stop wearing makeup because it is selfish.

Just tell her you're working out so she has a hotter boyfriend. Doesn't have to be true

she's asking for more time with you

I don’t know, it literally has ‘self’ in it, what do you think?

100% this.

Dump the cunt before she makes your life a living hell. She'll sabotage you, emotionally manipulate you, and in the end fuck Chad to try and totally destroy you. Drop her, pour your feels onto the iron alter, and find a qt3.15/fit/gf.

It would be one thing if she said "I feel like we don't spend enough time together any more" but phrasing it like that....run.

She's the one who is selfish. Trying to emotionally manipulate you like that instead of stating her needs.

>Why don't you come join me? We could spend quality time together.

There, how hard was that? If she says no, why are you with her again?

>She'll sabotage you
this mate

If you don’t spend any time with her because you spend hours a day lifting, yeah that is a bit selfish. Maybe you don’t care and want to keep being selfish, but I wouldn’t say she’s definitely wrong based on what little info you gave.

Appreciate all the responses. When we argue she will say shit like "your precious workouts come before anything else", which is not true at all. I will never stop training though, so she'd better learn to live with that.

No but not making time for your girlfriend is.

Working out is an obsession and it's a good one but it can be extremely time consuming.

If you're spending 3+ hours per session on your workout or being absolutely uncompromising about when you work out she may have a solid case.

Don't demonise her as an enemy that wants to kill your gains she probably just wants more time with you.

With all that said do be aware that is a likely possibility. Stay suspicious of it but never keep it as your first thought or you might as well just leave her.

speaking from experience?

I normally do a 2 hour session in the morning and another 2 hours in the afternoon, plus boxing, running and sprints 3 days a week. I was doing this years before we met though..

yeah sure you do buddy

She wants you to prioritize her before yourself, but would be the first one out the door if you ended up out of shape. Sounds like a cunt, you should drop her.

Literal gains goblin m8

Why won't she work out with you tho?

>Lifting twice a day
>Lifting 4 hours a day

Wow, post body otherwise I'll call bullshit on you

You need to read between the lines. Women talk through their feelings more than facts.

When she says you’re being selfish for working out, she’s (callously) expressing her frustration that you’d rather not spend time with her doing an activity she doesn’t fully understand. On the surface it is an attack, but you need to keep in mind the subtext; it’s a veiled request for reassurance, to be valued the same as you do your physical fitness. From your perspective it may have always been the case, but she feels doubt and wants an acknowledgment even if it’s hostile.

I'm not posting my face on here. You can have a bicep, that's it.

That's fair enough m8 I wouldn't post my face either. Anyway, y-you look like a big guy

Make sure to keep training, maybe be with her a bit more. Also never put pussy on pedestal, women always say shit like this, but if you give them too much, they'll bail.

Being selfish is a human instinct for self preservation. If someone says you are selfish you should take it as a compliment.
The same people calling others greedy and selfish wouldn't dare to give up a single penny for you, they just happen to have less resources and success so they try to put you down.

You might work out too much m9

It's a start

My gf says the same shit to me 'all you care about is the gym' but then she is obsessed with my body, does she honestly think I could like this without going the gym?

Women have no idea about /fitness/. Look, from a women's perspective, beauty is something you're born with. So she probably thinks you're buff because you were born this way and go to the gym to show off - which is precitsely the reason why most women would go there.

Women have so many feelings that they're lackluster at interpreting them and mediocre at expressing them; that's why telling them your own is usually only beneficial during sex or some other activity they benefit from.

Spend more time with her, and ask why she isn't more concerned with her health. Let her pick everything once a week and use it to discuss things tamely, let her talk more and do not correct her. Maybe talk about conditions like diabetes or high cholesterol in your family, talk about how good you feel not from your appearance but from getting truly in touch with your body and mind; giving your spirit/emotions peace.

Odds are she's getting insecure and needs assurance of some kind, maybe have an aerobics/cardio day with her so she can have all your attention and know that the gym is your dojo, not your meat market. If she still resists, ask her why? How can she insist on you indulging her more if she won't do the same? No guy likes watching hours of shows regularly, or talking about our day. Also try gymming at home a bit, maybe start a new diet. That way she can see just how important fitness is in your life like supposedly you are in hers.

If she continues to be difficult and arrogant you might need to break up with her, not because lifting, but because she will use this mentality any time she starts doubting her control and will always act like it's the first time or that you're overreacting and being temperamental.

Ohhh ok. I think I know whats going on. (I'm a female) I think she's feeling insecure because you're going to the gym and eating healthy but she isn't. She is maybe feeling inadequate about herself and her getting upset at you, is really more a reflection of her self esteem issues and probably guilt.

Of course, I'm only guessing.

Self improvement is for the weak. Take the self destruction redpill.

Eww user don't get that big I think it's gross

Yes. Be complacent and mediocre like me teehee

Jfc the ego in this thread.
If all you ever do is think about and work on yourself, doesn't that sound a little inherently selfish to you?
Maybe you just need a more independent girlfriend to fit your lifestyle. It's not necessarily that you need to change. There are a myriad of options.

stop giving useful advise dickhead

kek

Is masturbation selfish?

The fuck is wrong with you? Stop looking at it from your prospective. Do you love and respect her? She obviously just wants to spend more time with you. So you could at least give here that, for a start. You need to grow up, you sound immature. You come here with this loaded question, trying to seek the answers you want. Selection bias at it's best. Grow up. Spend more time with your girlfriend. Listen to her, and respect her needs. You don't even deserve her to be honest you sound like an immature kid baka