Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

I need a hobby that isn't lifting ( I still do that)

What are some good, worthwhile hobbies I can pick up? I want to learn Piano but can't afford a digital piano :(

h-help

Unironically the best hobby is whatever you enjoy. I know it sounds like a shitty answer but it's the truth. Play MtG or Street Fighter, learn an instrument or how to sing, start learning how to blacksmith or some shit.

Having a hobby for the sake of having one is stupid and you'll just give it up when it loses its novelty.

Find something you love and pursue it.

I want to achieve something

You'll get nowhere with that mindset. Do what you love and I gaurentee you'll make an impact.

'I want to achieve something'
>'you'll get nowhere with that mindset'

wut

Learn to draw costs only paper and a pencil? Either that or reads lots for them brain gains.

Try programming, it’s amazing what goofy shit you can make after 2-3 weeks. Try python as it is most retard-friendly language

/k/
/out/
Veeky Forums but I don't go to that board

Can you afford ropes?

not him, but you're being too vague. wanting to do something but having no fucking clue about it does nothing. think of what you enjoy doing and move from there.
that said, learning a new language is a good thing to do, but I wouldn't make it your primary hobby

this

Pick something you enjoy or think you will enjoy and constantly improve on it.

Learn an instrument, then learn to play 10 songs off by heart.

Do bjj, get to a blue belt then keep going up the belts, maybe compete.

Pretty much every hobby has pre determined goals or goals you can set yourself.

My hobbies are masturbating to cute asian girls crying myself to sleep afterwards.

I'm pretty happy with it, you should try it.

If you really have no hobbies besides lifting, why not take Veeky Forums to the next level. Start competing in amateur bodybuilding comps, powerlifting comps, or Strongman. Join those little niche communities inside the fitness world it will allow u to meet people who also share that interest from there you meet someone with another shared interest and make friends.

Photography.

Photography can open so many doors for you, from parties, to regularly fucking models, to paid work, to capturing family moments and recording your life, to sitting up late processing your photos and learning photoshop and much much more.

Go buy a camera.

Don't go to /p/ tho, there's already enough fgts there.

Harmonica
Guitar
Learn a language
Read a book
Draw
Cook

You have to know what that "something" is to be properly motivated. Wanting to do "something" so you can feel big an important and successful is stupid and won't fulfil you.

I'm learning Morse code out of boredom. I like to read, I like to draw, I like to bake, I like to be in nature. What do you LIKE OP? Do that. Or like, take up metal working or take a class on how to raise chickens at your local community college. There's something out there you could be passionate about.

Ugh no don't spend several hundred dollars on a camera you'll never use because point and shoot photography is the lowest form of "art" there is.

I like to paint miniatures. I'm terrible at it but it's very calming for me. Looking at your rows of lovingly painted Space Marines can be quite fullfiling, especially when you notice how your skill improves from mini to mini.

Btw, are there any other fi/tg/uys here?

Fellow fi/tg/uy here.

Running dungeons and dragons is a great hobby. You need friends to do it, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Learn to play chess. It's free and improves your concentration. It's also very rewarding because of how clear and structured the learning process is--all the while your improvement will show in both your rating and general knowledge of the game.

i've tried this
never got any better tbqh, even when reading books and online lessons

can't visualize chess notation in my head either

We have the same hobbies famalam.