Is my routine poor?

Is my routine poor?

I only go to the gym twice a week and do push pull with legs on the push day. Is it ok? I've read about full body routines but surely that would mean less recovery and less weight on things like deads or bench?

Anyways
Day 1 (Push/legs):
>Smith machine bench 8x3 (don't have a spotter, still I think I'm gonna change to regular bench)
>OHP 8x3
>Dumbbell flyes 5x6
>Lateral side raises 5x6
>Back squat/goblet squats
>Some calf work

Day 2 (pull)
>Deadlift 8x3
>Standing rows 5x6
>Face pulls 5x6
>Wide grip pull ups till failure or lat pull downs 5x6
>Some calf work

I don't do biceps/triceps isolation because they grow a lot from compounds alone. Is such a split ok? I'm probably also gonna add a lighter push day with push-ups and lighter pull day with pull-ups at home.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/tip-try-the-8-x-3-method-for-hypertrophy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

>Face pulls 5x6

>lateral raises 5x6

>deadlift 8x3

Probably the worst routine I’ve ever seen and I’m not even lying

so what is wrong with it?

I do something similar but I work out 5 days a week and do 2 workouts each day. The strength, which I do 3 times a week, looks something like this:
Bench 5*5
OHP 10*5
Squats 10*5
Diddly 5*5
Curls 10*5
200 push ups 60 pull ups in as few sets as possible plus some abs shit

How's this?

Also the schedule is
>Monday: Strength and sprints
>Tuesday: Swim and mile and a half run
>Wednesday: Strength and 5 mile run
>Thursday: rest
>Friday: Strength and mile and a half run
>Saturday: 5 mile run and sprints

am I disabled?

>tfw can't even run anymore
I'm jelly

Why can't you run anymore user?

feet problems
my ankles are fucked up, running causes too much pain, and my gait is awkard as well

>Is my routine poor?
>I only go to the gym twice a week

Yes.

/thread

Do push ups and pull ups at home. Use the gym exclusively for dead lifts and squats.

That's the plan, 2 other days a week pull ups and push ups. Thankfully I have a pull up bar at home. Why only deads and squats though? I need to work on my delts, why not do those isolation exercises too if I have time for them? Also what do you think about my set/rep range? I primarily want to gain muscle with the side goal of improving strength. I got the 8x3 from this:
t-nation.com/training/tip-try-the-8-x-3-method-for-hypertrophy

Yeah if you have the time for accessory exercises then do it. It's just many people make the mistake of putting way too much focus into those. 95% of your energy should be on the big bread and butter compound lifts.

just do stronglifts nigger

No, I do the big movements first. For instance on push day I'll do bench 8x3 + OHP 8x3, then squats (I struggle with them though, still trying to improve my form), then isolation. Similarly on pull day I do deadlift, then rows, then other stuff. I spend 2-2.5 hours in the gym per session so I usually get everything done. Is the volume ok or should I be doing more? What changes would you make to my exercises? I picked up some of them because of my build. It's easy for me to build biceps and triceps from compound exercises so I don't do curls etc., but I want bigger delts, hence the side raises and face pulls.

hey this actually looks pretty good. No bullshit exercises, no legs emphasis. I just wonder if going to the gym only for 45 min is worth it, I have to commute quite far. I usually workout for over 2 hours now.

You should try hitting every muscle group at least twice a week to keep some anabolism up while being natural.

Is this better?

- Deadlift 3x5
- OHP 4x8
- pull up 4x6
- lateral side raises 4x10
- leg press 4x8 (have problems with squat due to health reasons so I don't want to overdo it)
- calf raises

- Bench 4x8
- Barbell squat 4x8
- Bent-over rows 4x8
- face pulls 4x10
- calf raises