/fat/ WOJAK APPROVED

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>previous shit thread

How'd I do brahs?

Confess

I literally lost my spaghetti because i made a healthy dinner and followed my diet then my mother told me to get chinese food for her

I live at home finishing college so it's hard but i didn't get tempted today

>a single consult with the gym's nutritionist is just as expensive as a 3 months membership at the gym
should I even bother?

Thank you for bringing back the 'jak

no

thank god wojack is back

Cardio before or after resistance training?

Eat before or after workout?

The gym's nutritionist won't tell you anything we couldn't. If anything, they'll could be sabotaging your weight loss by shilling some garbage they are partnered with/sponsored by. Actually, the fact that they have an in-house nutritionist should be a big red flag.

Nutrition is simple. Eat simpler, eat less, and eat a variety of meats and veggies.

Cardio at a separate time, small (30g) carb source an hour or two before the lifting, then get your protons right after

>tfw I've used all my yearly calories and it's only November

What should I do?

>shave beard
>see double chin
i hope this makes me want to eat less

Should I take one of those "protein shakes" to replace a meal? I used to think those things are just for thin people who are trying to gain mass, but then I read somewhere that replacing a meal with it helps weight loss. Is that true?

I bought a 12 pack of diet lemon soda
>drank one
>betty good
>drink 2 more cus sweet tooth
>mfw not diet and drank 540 cals of sugar

At least i have enough self control to leave them in my cupboard and not drink more

alright thanks my dood

>Get to eat pizza
>and lose weight
I'm going to make it!

Not in the way you're thinking. Energy comes in the form of macronutrients, of which there are three: proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. A gram of protein is about 4 calories, a gram of carbohydrates is about 4 calories, and a gram of fat is about 9 calories. The only way a protein shake would help with weight loss is if the total energy of the meal was greater than the total energy of the protein shake you are replacing it with.

Depends

>2 scoops
>16 oz unsweetened almond milk
>340 cals ~60 grams protons

OR

>2 scoops
>16oz 2% milk
>frozen banana
>1/2 cup greek yogurt
>2 tbsp peanut butter
>900 cals ~120 proton

Depends how u make it boo

I hope you're taking a multivitamin otherwise you're going to feel like shit

I already feel like shit before losing weight.

I'm so fucking tired of this life /fat/.

I'm fucking tired of my extreme water retention problems (I do NOT eat too much sodium).

I'm fucking tired of digestion-related malaise for damn near every other "healthy" food I decide to start eating.

I'm fucking tired of my best friend having a significantly better urinary system than me and having no problems with weight loss even after 80 lbs.

I'm tired of plateauing every fucking week.

I'm tired of being fat as shit until my body decides to drop 4+ lbs whenever it feels like it. Progress is progress but this shit is frustrating and makes me emotional. I just want to lose a pound or two a week to stay motivated. The fluctuations drive me crazy and to tears.

I'm so fucking tired of it /fat/. I'm crying.

That's great man.

When I feel down, here's what I do:
>get naked
>get out the tape measure
>step on the scale
>take all these measurements, forget about everything but these current measurements
>punch stats into bf% estimator
>punch all those stats into complex TDEE calculator
>take the avg. value
>this is my new TDEE
>adjust diet so that I'm at least 500 below it, but shoot for as low as I can comfortably go
>tell myself everything will be right tomorrow
>carry on

Now you do it. Weight loss is 100% = to your effort

Don't chop a limb off to lose weight like I did. It just significantly lowers your TDEE and you will gain more weight.

Way ahead of ya buddy...I'm pretty aware of my body. I'm aware it's a poorly functioning pos and am just venting.

Nice job user, chinese food is my kryptonite.

Get some vitamins + minerals down you, your diet has barely any of either. Where are the vegetables?

You sonovabitch op. Why the heck doesn't it say lord of the onion rings?
You suck

My gym shills their products and social media over the loudspeaker all day, and they just recently hired a nutritionist. I want to join a different gym but my other options are either too expensive or no sauna/pool.

Trash edit

Yes but you will digest it fast and be hungrier. It's still good if you want to gain/preserve muscle while losing weight and you can't get enough protein in a low amount of calories easily.

3 months of progress so far. It has been a hard struggle, but I am getting through it, one day at a time.

One day at a time, fat-friends. One day at a time!

>lost 2kg of muscle mass
You need to start weight lifting or you'll end up as an ugly skinnyfat.

No shit you jackass

I am lifting weight.

Hello you tub of lard. You should accept your genetic destiny.

Mmmmmmmmm Hooosssttteeesssss. Mmmmmmmm chocolate goodness. They’re right around the corner waiting for you, chubs. Go get some. Yummmmm chocolate goooodnesssss.

You should celebrate! You deserve it! Good work!

They’re back! Sweet and tangy just for you and all your hard work. Enjoy two or three.

So I punched in that I'm going to eat 2k calories a day so do I just do that and these results will happen?
>315
Pls no bully I'm down from being 345, I'm just in a plateau right now but definitely due to not being strict enough about my diet.

Are you lifting weights?

Yes. I'm following rippitoe's practical programming for strength training and have noticed fat loss and increases in strength. I haven't been to the gym in a couple weeks now though because in work third shift and shit has just been wacky lately.

If you are lifting then you’re adding muscle which I going to throw your scale numbers off. Stop watching the scale. The scale is a meme. Monitor your BF% to see where you’re succeeding. Scales are a meme.

>yes, but no because excuse

Never gonna make it, just go.

I realize this and will get back on the horse as soon as my knee is not swollen

>ill stop making excuses tomorrow guys

Didn't realise you need your knee for every exercise

Everything in the realm of fitness is estimations. The caloric value of a gram of protein, the recommended intake, the caloric equivalent of a lb of fat, your TDEE, everything is estimates, and while they may be very close to the exact, real life figures, we simply can't know with 100% accuracy, so don't be surprised if a chart based on the culmination of all these little estimations is not true to life. Use it like an estimation should be used: as a guidline. You can expect a similar trend, but don't be disheartened if you're a little behind what it says, and don't get cocky if you're a little ahead.

>Lord of the Rings
>Not Lard of the Rings

Understood

>mixed berry

I've resisted everything

I had to bring snacks to my uni class as part of the lecture and everyone, even the chads ate cookies and chips and soda
I had nothing. Even the cookies i baked.

I'm feeling it's my time anons. Nothing is derailing me.

thats what we all say, yet few of us truly make it.

I've never done what i'm doing now and it's taking no effort to resist

your overconfidence is your weakness. nice dubs btw

it's been over a week
I've literally been rejected by my dream guy and friendzoned to kingdom come and i emotionally went through something that causes me to eat nothing but trash and I took that energy to the gym and not to my plate.

What are some low calorie snacks? I'm sick of protein bars and I'm plateauing

nice dubs again. here's a pro tip: fast. the longer you keep dieting and exercising, the better chance that you'll quit. lose the weight as fast as humanly possible.

I'm making lifestyle changes user.
There is no diet

not gonna make it.

You can't out exercise a bad diet.

unless you meant that in the sense that your diet change will be permanent rather that temporary until you reach your goal. in which case, that is exactly how you make it.

>3 sets of dubs in a row saying i'm going to make it
>denies keks will

No, I'm saying i'm not viewing it as a diet.
That's my problem
I actively want things outside my diet
but i don't have a diet, I just eat correctly now

>he doesn't know what a diet is

Why can't I just fucking start?

I know what to do. Keto + IF + Cardio then lifting. I've gone from 300 to 220 before. Then I let go completely and I'm at 320. But now I find it impossible to start again.

I want to get hit by a car or get diagnosed with some horrible disease or have a heart attack to force me to start. This is a fucking waking nightmare and I feel more and more anxious about my total lack of self-control every day.

I haven’t lifted in a week, I got a new job but the first 3 days are training so hopefully I can get back to my workout schedule

>IT guy is so fat he has warts under his chin
Nice guy but I’ll do my best to not look like him

fuck that I'll tell you something for free
keto isnt a meme and fasting is fastest

Fuck yea boys! So. Fucking. Close. Only a few weeks to go now

what you start at?

125kg

nice work

What's your diet like?

>see this
>remember all the loose skin that awaits me

You should have 3-4 servings of veggies a day user. Every morning I put like 3 TBSP of garlic into eggs, veggies and salsa.
Then my Amino Acids, Vitamin, Fishoil and Ephedra.

Anyone else have experience with ephedra? Makes my lungs open up and heart goes a little faster, kinda like it though. Great for cutting.

Congrats bro

>"three months of progress"
>went from 30% bodyfat to 28%
KEK

This is why you shouldn't listen to the fatass "positivity" tripfags on here
Fucking hell man lmao

>lost 9.7 lbs in three months
Why would you post this

Thanks bros. all gonna make it

Can you really not get abs if you eat burgers and fries? As long as you don't eat too many calories I don't see why they should be cut out entirely

How do people get those short thumbnails? I understand how you could get it in your hands because biting, but how do you get those in your feet?

>How to get your skin as loose as possible: The Post.

>Im a memeing dumbfuck who has no idea what he's talking about: the post: definitive edition

Google fatloss loose skin, retard. Also you'll absolutely fuck your muscle mass with a long fast, fuck you.

fuck man I'm on week 6 and averaging like 11 and a half minutes. I did start off with absolutely zero fitness at all though

>the longer you keep dieting and exercising, the better chance that you'll quit
Yeah, go ahead and fall for a fucking meme instead of making worthwhile lifestyle changes. You fucking idiot.

Anyone know where I can get a meal plan with meals pre-planned on it?

I can cook meals but I cannot plan a weeks worth of meals. I

>started off at 355lbs in August, currently at 304lbs
>6'2", wide shoulders, general big frame besides fat
>don't have as much as a gut as I used to, legs are looking really good too
>the way the fat on my torso is makes me think I won't have super terrible loose skin
>can vaguely see my jawline underneath the fat not
>can see muscles underneath fat from lifting, bicep insertions look nice
C-Could I have been possibly blessed by the genetic gods but kept it buried under the fat all this time?

MFW lost 50lbs in 6 months
>30% to 20%
>was one hell of a ride
currently recomping to 12%
>at 17% currently in 3 months
i just want off this ride and to finally make it

only one way to find out m80, keep up the good work

>he doesn't bite his toenails

s-stallman?

>tfw I can now wear my jeans up over my stomach comfortably instead of looking like a bag of shit tied round the middle
>belts are running out of holes
>the same routes i take when i go for a walk don't make me out of breath anymore

Your gym has a pool?

post food logs or post a throwaway email or chat, this is a very long conversation and would take multiple multiple posts

I'm almost turning into morbidly obese because I have no time to exercise. Half of my day is work and the other half is coming and going to work.

I need to eat better and find some exercises I can do at home in my room, gyms around my area really expensive so I think I prefer to buy the equipments I need.

I also need a fucking decent diet asap, I was thinking to do those no carbs diet but I'm not sure what effects it would have on me.

What equipments can I get to do some exercises at home?

Not if you wanna look like those pics

you reduce the amount of loose skin you get on fasting due to autophagy.

fasting is not a meme nor a lifestyle change, it's a weight loss strategy for those with high body fat percentage and it works remarkably well in that respect.

You still need to adjust after the fast towards a healthier lifestyle to prevent refeeding though.

t. guy currently on day 38 of water fast who has lost 57 and a half pounds with no loose skin atm.

You also only lose on average around 25-30g of muscle per day due to increased hgh allowing for muscle sparing.

You can also work out moderately to further reduce this muscle mass.

Sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to fasting, you shouldn't comment on something when you clearly haven't investigated it.

fuck off back to your containment thread.

Well done matey!

I'm there man. And won't lie to you - it sucks a bit after losing over 100lbs. Bbbut. Fuck it, I feel 1000x times better than I did before, have more energy than I've ever had in my life, a better mindset and yeah, life is basically better in so many ways.

So, fuck it, keep doing the work and persevere. Even with loose skin, it's fucking worth it. Absolutely, 100% fucking worth it.