Autistic things you do related to your workout

itt: we share the weird little idiosyncrasies we do in our workouts. I'll start:
>when I run, the music's BPM has to line up with each stride. Each quarter note has to line up with each stride, or it really screws with my pace
>tfw I have have to have a song playlist for each half mph increment from 6mph to 9mph

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEzZDRZm6RDbuB3KNItIIc48c5iEZwTyY
youtube.com/watch?v=Pla7nDYciI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

paint it black by rolling stones is top tier running music, high pace

Carry my bag around with me and don't bother with the lockers because idgaf if it's uncouth I don't trust people not to nick my shit.

I also use the gender neutral single stall restroom to change.

>usually go to gym after school at night
>it's always so crowded
>can do a single set without having to work in with someone else
>decide to work out in the mornings
>set up my alarm at 5 o'clock
>I can't never get up
>instantly fall asleep as soon as I turn off the alarm
>my bed just feels to damn good when I wake up
>miss an entire weeks of workout
>decide that my bed is the problem
>I start sleeping in floor
>the floor won't feel as good when I wake up so I will get right up
>first morning
>it works
>decide that I will never sleep on my bed again
I've been sleeping on the floor for a month, it's not great, but at least it works

how's your back?

Good, the only that did hurt was my left shoulder, but after a week the pain stopped.

I use a dip belt to work my side delts

Do both of these because I dont have a padlock and the single disabled/gender neutral toilet is like the 4 seasons hotel compared to the shitty normal toilets

I also have a notepad and pen with me to track sets, reps, weight and form, I often think I must look like a retarded serial killer with it

You have the discipline to sleep on the floor, but not to actually get up to your alarm?

Every set of every exercise has to be 7 or 10 reps. If I fuck up a rep, I have to do it again. If I fail a set, I need to repeat the set at a lower weight until I get it right.

Laughed/10.
You suffer for your art, bro.

If I know that a lift is going to be hard, I clench my teeth and put on the biggest fucking smile, like psycho big.
In my head it’s like tricking myself into thinking it’ll be easy

In those first 15 minutes of the morning I become the laziest piece of shit you shit you can imagine, it almost feels like if was someone else. I always used to lay on my bed thinking that I didn't need to lift, but the rest of the day I felt like shit for not going to the gym.

I know this feel exactly

on days where I've had to get up before, I've literally had to pour water on my face with a glass next to the bed or I will just turn off my alarm and go right the fuck back to sleep

fuck why couldnt I get those genes where you sleep like 4/5 hours a night

for more than a yeah, every work out i have to listen to the entirety of ExMilitary.
I cannot work out to other music
I cannot leave until it is done.

Try money store

I do 5x7 squats and after each set, I put a micro plate on the deadlift platform because I'll forget how many/lie to myself about how many I've done

You think it's a gene thing?
I run amazing on four but my wife is like 'nah bitch yer sleeping eight

i own all the albums, listen to them at various times, but exmill has a special place, and that place is the gym

could be yeah. Theres a few people around that dont sleep as much, I think bill clinton and donald trump are both that way, they sleep 2-5 hours a night.

All of my gym equipment (not clothing) is some combination of black, red, or white.
Also, when I use wrist wraps (blame my employment), I always wrap my left wrist first.

>9 out of 10 I seem to take a dump first thing when I get the the gym.... hmmmmm...

Listening to soulsborne soundtracks pumps me up tbqhxf.

A couple dudes do this at my gym, and while they're usually pretty big, they 100% guaranteed all smell like shit.

>have resting serial killer face, aloof and slightly pissed off, but during a set and for roughly 30 seconds after I light up like a christmas tree, visibly happy and smiling
keep in mind my mindset is the same throughout, thats just what my face does
>put on right shoe first 99% of the time, feel sorta off when I dont
>never bring a water bottle, drink a fuvkton before and after
>huge notebook, like, an actual DIN A4 spiral thingy
>compulsively tell people who use equipment after me to have fun, even if I dont know them
>farmers walk here and there and everywhere, still technically a straight line but I take a tour through the whole floor while at it
>always need to have an empty cardio equipment left and right, I treat them like pissoirs
>listen to sea shanties while on the rower

I was tested, I aint on the spectrum. Call it weird habits if you will, yeah.

props to you desu
i used to have trouble getting up in the morning but i worked on thinking about how I will feel in 5 minutes vs how i feel now and trying to imagine that and try to ignore the current feels. i knew that if i just got up took a piss washed my face and just jumped up 3 or 5 times i would feel wide awake.
but there would be times where i knew i could make myself feel different i knew the exact movements that i'd have to make but i would still chose to maintain the current feels like i didn't want to change the way i felt. idk try it out.

KEK, I need to try this.

I used to do this on nights when I got home super late and had 3-5 hours to sleep before work and was scared if I slept in my bed I'd miss my alarm. it works

That’s gotta be the gayest shit I’ve ever read
Guillotine used to me my go to squat song

I color-coordinate my shorts depending on which lifts I'm doing.
Skwaat day is orange short. Deadlift day is blue short.
People have actually started to notice and I had someone come and ask me if it had any significance. I just replied that I'm autistic and enjoy having a set routine.

When I'm working my abs I always have the need to touch my abs with one hand. I litteraly don't know why I'm doing this

>>listen to sea shanties while on the rower

A...are you me?

which sea shanties?

I read somewhere once that sleeping on the floor is better for your back than sleeping in bed, since it keeps your spine straight or something. You also can't curl up or sleep on your side (which is bad for all sorts of reasons) because you'll get stiff shoulders.

Saved the best until last oh I am laffin

Holy fuck why have I never thought of this?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEzZDRZm6RDbuB3KNItIIc48c5iEZwTyY enjoy niggers, stan rogers always has me choke back tears while going 30m/s on the concept 2, but there are other good ones too in there

one could also just use the Black Flag OST but thats the cheap way out so pls dont

add in the hanging song from Pirates of the Caribbean 4 for warmup and mastodons white whale for that last ballbusting finisher and you have a perfect way to spend an evening.

If you've never listened, search for Northwest Passage live version from his documentary. Fucking amazing.

>SATANSGIANTCOCK

I actually have but forgot I had it saved! Thanks for reminding me, user, todays 500m sprint will be done in your honor.

Godspeed lad

Fuck it, gonna rewatch the whole thing. Damn I love that guy.

I've got a buddy whose had real bad sleep apnea all his life, 50 years with 0 REM sleep. Now he's on a CPAP, and after 2 hours he's all TIME TO FACE THE FUCKING DAY.

I do this any muscle I'm working, be it delts, triceps, or biceps

He's a national treasure, there's no doubt about that. Shame he died the way he did.

definitely. would have loved to meet him and maybe sing a tune or three, sadly I still was only a wet glint in my dads eye while I had the chance. oh well.

>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEzZDRZm6RDbuB3KNItIIc48c5iEZwTyY

I know that sea shanties were to encourage crew and synchronize movements but I'd be more inclined to listen to Pirate metal

works too, I have a whole Alestorm album on speed dial and use mastodons white whale as a finisher. there is just something about longer rowing sessions and actual shanties that makes me get into the groove, if I had a homegym I would probably put a fan and a plate of salted sardines in front of it next to me for added effect lmao

Smart.

>leave her Johnny
I didn’t need these feels today.
Dreadnoughts have a couple shanties.
I actually prefer the Black Flag OST, because it sounds like instead of getting a bunch of singers, they got one guy who could sing okay and then rounded up a bunch of guys from the nearest dock. The shittiness is part of the quality.

dreadnoughts are breddy gud, I dont like the singers voice for some reason though. BF OST is not bad for that exact reason you listed, but is missing some favs of mine, and would literally get me to growl along with it in a gym full of like 60 people lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=Pla7nDYciI4

some pretty good feelsie movie

In his sefense smilinf does trigfer a bunch of dopamine to be released. Smiling is unironicly an antidepressant

I got this problem as well. My solution is setting the alarm 30 mins earlier and hit the snooz-button of my alarm clock which is set to 30 min and leaving the light on. After that I am able to get up.

My sides ...

>filename
Ich kekte

HOLY SHIT we Captain Kenway now

I used to put my bag in the locker, my gyms in a nice area. Had my wallet stolen and nothing recovered, now I carry my bag with me and set it down near where I'm working

When doing a bridge I have to touch my glutes. I count my reps by saying twentyREP as may times a I want the rep to last i.e. twentyonetwentyonetwentyonetwentyone for a 4-second-reps nr. 1 In my native language this works. I carry a 2 litre steel flask with bcaa'd and lightly salted (because sweating as fuck) water around and sip in between sets.