WW2 Power Rankings

How would you rate the belligerents of WW2, militarily and economically?

Attached: 1498204852459.gif (297x229, 2.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

combinedfleet.com/economic.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Germany
Russia
POWER GAP
UK
USA
POWER GAP
France
Italy
Japan
POWER GAP
Everyone else

>Italy>Hungary

>Germany above Russia, USA and UK
Nice try fritz

Yeah, I was unsure whether to put Germany or Russia at the top but I feel Germany had the millitary advantage over all the allied powers. It managed to hold its own against the allies despite being completely outmatched economically and in number. The others had the economic precedent, sure, but none of them were as capable as the German army.

Spotted the Hungarian

>this wehrboo delusion
Real ranking
USA
Russia
Power gap
UK
Germany
Japan
France
Italy

>USA
>doing anything millitarilly

>UK
>Winning anything with their infantry

begone burger

In 1938 something like:
Germany
Japan
US
Russia
UK
France
Italy

US would obviously be no. 1 except they were no where near mobilized. Russia is not higher because of poor economy. Even by 1942 they wouldn't take the number one slot simply because so much of their power came from Allies.

>japan
care to explain?

USSR
USA
POWER GAP
Germany
POWER GAP
UK (including Commonwealth)
Japan
POWER GAP
France
Italy
POWER GAP
Hungary
Romania
Finland
POWER GAP
Minor powers like Slovakia, Greece, Brasil etc.

Attached: ww2 red army us meeting.jpg (933x762, 176K)

i liked history channel too when I was 5 year old

>infantry
Ships and planes sort of count Hans.
Atom bombs sort of count too

Based on GDP and military arsenals employed in the war (air force size, navy size, artillery and other ground based equipment size):
1) USA
2) British Empire
3) USSR
4) Germany
5) Empire Of Japan
6) France
7) Irrelevant

Attached: 1517865996066.png (662x819, 227K)

With colonies, the Japanese Empire had a GDP on par with Germany and the USSR. They also had some of the best planes and surface ships. Unfortunately for them of course they went up against the only other country with real naval might and interests. But in 1938 this meant utter domination of the entire region. They'd been a militaristic society for decades. They were just in a really, really good position at that time. Of course, none of that was sustainable.

With colonies, Japan was still nowhere near Germany

It would be interesting to know the GDP of specific sectors in the British empire; most of it would probably come from agriculture.

I think a lot comes from harvesting stuff like oil, coal and diamonds (lmao)
There probably was a lot in agriculture as well. This is how Britain fed itself in WW2

UNDISPUTED HEAD HONCHO TIER
>1.a. U.S.
>1.b. USSR

QUALITY FIGHTING FORCE TIER
>3. England

POWER GAP

RELIABLE ALLY TIER
>4. a. China
>4. b. Poland
>5. Canada
>6. Australia
>7. Free France
>8. Czechoslovakia

KINDA DOIN THEIR OWN THING TIER
>9. YUGOSLAVIA

OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING TIER
>10 1/4 Pre 1942 USSR
>10 1/2. Post 1944 England
>10. 3/4 Pre 1944 France

THE INEXILES TIER
>11. Norway
>12. Netherlands
POWER GAP
>13. Belgium
MARGINAL POWER GAP
>14. Denmark

sorry if I hurt anyones feelings, but i don't give a shit, based purely on combat performance

Attached: 4L_Gxuu4wFA.jpg (758x571, 85K)

USSR in 1941 was still doing better than all allied armies in Europe in 1939-1941

and? it was still a shitheap, giving up 30 miles every day to the Germans

Literally not an argument, they were still doing better than Allies, Huns lost more men in first 40 days of Barbarossa than in the entire 1.9.1939-21.6.1941 period

I'd rank japan higher than France here. France just collapsed like piece of paper. Meanwhile Japan was an empire of its own on the east with millions of troops deployed all across the continent.

Actual war usage was

Germany > USSR > US > UK > Japan > France

>literally not an argument
really dont get what you're posting about desu, no one ranked ahead of them is a 1939-1941 army with the exception of China

France had the strongest army on the planet. They just got totally outmatch by German tactics and strategy

>>USA
>>doing anything millitarilly
We supplied the money, the logistics, the organization, basically everything that you might need to run a war except bodies, leaving the Soviet Union free to devote virtually its entire economy to military production

USA
HUGE POWER GAP
Russia
Germany
POWER GAP
Japan
UK
everybody else

kraut detected

i never really realized how light a load the US actually carried in the war, in terms of everything excluding economic power.

Militarily had the advantage for 70% of the war it took part in, yet still took us 2-3 years before reaching where the Russians were reaching

Russia
Germany
USA

powergap

UK, Japan

powergap

everyone else.

>reaching where the Russians were reaching
Sacrificing 14.5M dead in zerg rushes? That what you're reaching for, user?

People saying 'power gap'. They sound hurt

i dont think you understand what Zerg rush means

I'm watching this history channel documentary called 'English Knights - Elite Forces Of The Middle Ages'
The guy in it claims that 'The English knight, the most feared killing machine of the middle ages'. Is this because they were so effective on foot or is he just exaggerating?

1. Germany
2. Russia
3. USA
4. Japan
>*big power gap*
5. UK
6. China
>*small power gap*
7. Italy
8. France
9. Poland

Probably a meme documentary powered by Lindybeige

1. "English" knights were actually French
2. They were shit compared to the French from France or to the Germans

Burgered.com

Wasn't the US the single largest economy in the world by the time WW2 came about?

Militarily
USA>>Germany>>USSR>>UK>>Japan>>Italy>>France>>China

Economically:
USA>>UK>>Germany>>Italy>>France>>Japan>>USSR>>China

>USSR that low economically

Russia
Germany
USA
Japan
Everyone else.

American documentaries use superlatives for everything. Every type of a troop is a mean killing machine, every event is an event that forever changed the history of mankind, every weapon is the ultimate game-changer that forever changed the face of war, etc.

I was using 'HDI' not pure industrial power.

but I do, it's the only tactic the subhuman Sovs knew, which was why they suffered 14.5M battlefield deaths

USA
USSR
>POWER GAP
Germany
UK
>POWER GAP
Japan
>POWER GAP
France
Everyone else (China, Axis satellites)
>POWER GAP
Italy

>Wasn't the US the single largest economy in the world by the time WW2 came about?
Yes, in 1945 the USA had more combined warmaking power than the rest of the world COMBINED.

>Came out on top in both world wars
We need a 3rd world war to revitalize our strength

Attached: 1491912843153.jpg (300x250, 17K)

I don't think that's as useful a metric during wartime.

More or less on par with this.

Attached: 1d7fceb55df91a3e18658244cd612e84.png (1055x344, 112K)

>accroding

combinedfleet.com/economic.htm
Paul Kennedy tabulated each great power's total "war making potential" at the beginning of the conflict. His figures (as percentages of the world total) were:
>USA: 41.7%
>Germany: 14.4%
>USSR: 14%
>UK: 10.2%
>France: 4.2%
>Japan: 3.5%
>Italy: 2.4%
>everyone else: 9.5%

>It managed to hold its own against the allies despite being completely outmatched economically and in number
That never happened.

In 1939 it overwhelmingly outmatched the minor powers it was picking on.

In 1940, it was fighting a roughly peer conflict with an Allied-supported France (UK contribution was minor at this point), and did pull of a pretty impressive victory. Then it proceeded to help Italy pick on some minor Balkan states.

In 1941-1942, while its only other commitment was a minor front with the UK (most UK troops were preoccupied with Italy), it engaged the USSR. It had a hilarious advantage over the USSR in every way. It floundered for two years in the USSR, inflicting heavy losses but consistently failing to achieve victory and expending its best experienced troops.

In late 1942/early 1943, the USA finally committed to Europe, and Germany was truly outmatched for the first time. Guess what happened? Two years of non-stop disasters for Germany in which they got rolled back with disproportionate losses at every front and never stood a chance.

Attached: sovietvgermanproductionww2.png (628x458, 60K)

how did he quantify "warmaking potential"

Just by power when they entered, rather than what they actually did with it:

>United States
ULTRA POWER GAP
>Germany
>USSR
>British Commonwealth
POWER GAP
>Japan
>France
>Italy
POWER GAP
>China
POWER GAP
>minor belligerents (Poland, Yugoslavia, Greece, Romania, etc.)

Militarily, Germany at the top and economically British Empire at the top, until the USA got mad rich off exporting arms to the United Kingdom